• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most badass Kage who will most likely be my main in UNSR.
Raikage3.png

I mean c'mon. He fought 10,000 ninjas for 3 days(or something like that?). What a badass.

Third Raikage is sweet and all, but he is not from the Tobirama's era of excellence

second_hokage_tobirama_senji_and_second_raikage_by_theboar-d567n2a.jpg

Tobirama formed an alliance with the second Raikage. I assumed the only battle they fought was about who could secude more women from their opposite villages because those guys look fresh.

Third Raikage is sweet and all, but he is not from the Tobirama's era of excellence

Tobirama formed an alliance with the second Raikage. I assumed the only battle they fought was about who could secude more women from their opposite villages because those guys look fresh.

Lol dat hat.

Maddocks

Minato is secretly the best character. He told naruto that the masked man was a beast, so smart and powerful that he could see everything Minato was doing before he could do it.

Fast forward to the actual flashback of the attack and we find out that Minato kicked his ass and outsmarted him at every turn. So on top of being the most powerful, he is the most humble.

Seeing Minato turn into a giant dweeb was the best thing ever, for too long was he Kishi's untouchable golden boy.

Not Itachi just needs to be knocked down to size.

Pein

Banned
The 2nd Hokage is the one who was retconned into being some badass. Before the current arc, all we knew was that he was the 1st's brother and he died facing a bunch of no name ninja.
thats not true, we knew he was the best suiton user and he had space time techs on the level of minato.

As for minato, dude was over powered because of his speed. He could beat near anyone via speed blitz. Look how badly he wrecked Obito and Ei.

P.S raikage are some cool mofo's from Jimi hendrix being the shodai and Ei just smacking the shit out of sasuke.

thats not true, we knew he was the best suiton user and he had space time techs on the level of minato.

As for minato, dude was over powered because of his speed. He could beat near anyone via speed blitz. Look how badly he wrecked Obito and Ei.

P.S raikage are some cool mofo's from Jimi hendrix being the shodai and Ei just smacking the shit out of sasuke.

Minato is overpowered because he's a tactical genius.

He forbade Kakashi from using his chidori because he noticed all it's weaknesses as a technique by just seeing it once.

He's the fastest shinobi in history, and he has the prowess to think up strategies on the fly to suit his fighting style.

Had he lived long enough to perfect all of his techniques, there's no telling how good he would have become.

The Cloud village was some good stuff on Kishi's part. Lots of cool black characters.

Minato was doing fine until Kishimoto had him trip for some reason. That's when I knew, Kishi was taking it out on the character.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Naruto is kind of entering its Dragonball Z phase
People have started flying, The only strong characters are basically Naruto and Sasuke (like Goku and Vegeta) Naruto has gone super saiyan.

There could be a whole a new arc after this. It's been established in recent chapters that there's multiple dimensions and the buildings in the background suggest these are populated so a new super hax villain could just pop out of nowhere.

This whole war thing is kind of like namek. It goes on foreevveeerrrr.

Crazy that both Naruto and One Piece have been going on for longer than Dragonball did though
The war arc in Naruto is as long as Dragon Ball from the very beginning up through the defeat of King Piccolo. It's beginning to get into the 23rd tenkaichi budokai, too.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Whoa, when did it ever mention this, much less show the second Raikage? I completely missed it. That's uh, quite the hat he has going on there.

Haha, Jimi Hendrix.

418px-First_Raikage.jpg

Whoa, when did it ever mention this, much less show the second Raikage? I completely missed it. That's uh, quite the hat he has going on there.

Haha, Jimi Hendrix.

418px-First_Raikage.jpg

I'm pretty sure this his hair. The second Raikage met with Tobirama for a peace meeting, when the Kinkaku force stroked and murder him, Tobirama barely escaped with his life they story says.

Minato is the man. He reminds me of Goku now during the Cell Games. He's no doubt the most powerful character in the Narutoverse (before all these god mode characters) and would most likely smash Pain, Kabuto and Obito at the same time

Also have they ever shown the 1st of every kage besides the 1st Hokage?

Kusagari

I'm pretty sure this his hair. The second Raikage met with Tobirama for a peace meeting, when the Kinkaku force stroked and murder him, Tobirama barely escaped with his life they story says.

Which makes no sense as Tobirama should have easily murked Kinkaku and Ginkaku.

Minato is the man. He reminds me of Goku now during the Cell Games. He's no doubt the most powerful character in the Narutoverse (before all these god mode characters) and would most likely smash Pain, Kabuto and Obito at the same time

Also have they ever shown the 1st of every kage besides the 1st Hokage?

The only kage they haven't shown yet is the 3rd Mizukage, Although the popular theory is that he is
either Orochimaru or one his ancestors.

It's a damn shame Orochimaru became so corrupt. No denying that he is probably one of the best Ninjas, even with all the OP people walking around these days. Where would you guys place him vs everyone including the Kages. Assuming he had full use of his jutsus and whatnot. He is up there.

But I wonder if he'd be as good as he is if he didn't become corrupt because maybe it's that fiending for more power that made him so. ALSO, he clearly has the best theme song in the entire series and one of the best of any series.

The brothers where pretty damn strong, and their screw apparently where a team of 20+ top tier cloud fellas. They got a really bad showing though, with Ino defeating Kinkaku itself.

It's a damn shame Orochimaru became so corrupt. No denying that he is probably one of the best Ninjas, even with all the OP people walking around these days. Where would you guys place him vs everyone including the Kages. Assuming he had full use of his jutsus and whatnot. He is up there.

But I wonder if he'd be as good as he is if he didn't become corrupt because maybe it's that fiending for more power that made him so. ALSO, he clearly has the best theme song in the entire series and one of the best of any series.

Yeah the thing about Orochimaru (and Kabuto) is that they put their efforts not in jutsu strength but in practicality.

Orochimaru trickery knows no bounds and Kabuto seems harder to kill than an Edo Zombie. They had the tools to defeat much strongest characters.

Maddocks

Part of me hoped that at the very end of this war, Oro kills the goddess and turns out hes the real final villain. He has always been my favorite villain in the series, he just wanted to learn everything and and live forever because he hoped one day to see his parents again when they got reincarnated. Least thats how I took the info given. I liked his "I just want to learn everything and be the best because its fun" attitude. But I guess kimish needed to give him a reason to do crazy experiments.

Orochimaru is not out for the count.
Kishimoto loves symbolism

Kaguya represents even and Orochimaru is a snake. He has to do something. I can feel it.

Orochimaru is not out for the count.
Kishimoto loves symbolism

Kaguya represents even and Orochimaru is a snake. He has to do something. I can feel it.
What can he do though that won't make Sasuke or Naruto crush him easily? Especially Sasuke. I really hope my civil war theory plays out. I think it would be a cool post-war arc. Naruto and Sasuke both form their own leaf village with their own ideologies. Sasuke's main followers will be Orochimaru and whatnot. Naruto will have Kakashi/Tsunade and whatnot. Eventually they will merge happily ever after but there could be so much sweet sweet conflict. And Orochimaru goodness.

jiggle

What can he do though that won't make Sasuke or Naruto crush him easily? Especially Sasuke. I really hope my civil war theory plays out. I think it would be a cool post-war arc. Naruto and Sasuke both form their own leaf village with their own ideologies. Sasuke's main followers will be Orochimaru and whatnot. Naruto will have Kakashi/Tsunade and whatnot. Eventually they will merge happily ever after but there could be so much sweet sweet conflict. And Orochimaru goodness.
Who's gonna be on naruto's side?
Everyone there wants sucksuke's d
Naruto included

Who's gonna be on naruto's side?
Everyone there wants sucksuke's d
Naruto included
Can you imagine they split then Naruto is all "I want to be in sasuke's village!!" and Kakashi face palms.

I just don't see Sasuke stepping aside to let Naruto be Hokage. But then again who knows what will happen by the end of this war arc. At this pace anything can happen at any moment.

No idea, that depends on how strong the Author thinks a Dragon Sage is. We already know Sage Mode beats Uchiha hax and being a host of a tail beast in terms of power levels.

If Oro becomes a perfect sage (I assumed he will, he got Kabuto's Intel and a Senju body) he might become really strong.

Of course I'm on theory territory which mean I can be dead wrong but.

chapter583page5.png

Kabuto unlocked the Muki Tensei technique which turned the surroundings aware and the cave itself attacked itachi. In the last chapter Kaguya used the same technique.

In that screen Orochimaru is even closest to the sage. Might be foreshadowing, might be nothing.

But I feel like Kabuto isn't really an Orochimaru follower since getting out of izanami. Like I said though, anything can change. That's a lot of power to have just sitting around. That's what gets me most. When this war is over, what of Kabuto? Oro? Sasuke? And anyone else who has done horrible things. They all have too much power and all still live (for now). I just can't imagine what will take place afterward.

Frog-fu

Banned
People were hyping 4th Hokage as an awesome, strong character. People called the 2nd Hokage a scrub, he was weak. How the tides have turned. Minato is a bigger one trick pony than Kakashi. 2nd Hokage was beastin on Obito (Six Sage mode) helped take him down. Minato is the Vegeta of DBZ. Everything is his fault. He is the reason for everything. When I mean people not specific to GAF of course.

Minato would handily beat Tobirama. He's already got him beat in the one attribute they share most: speed. On top of that he's got Uzumaki clan sealing jutsu, barrier jutsu and superhuman reflexes the likes of which A's are compared to. Minato is the only known character to have a flee on sight order on him during any of the Great Shinobi Wars. How freaking cool is that?

Also, consider the fact that, while yes, Obito was around 15 years old when he beat him, Minato figured out the mechanics behind Kamui within mere moments. It took the combined efforts of Naruto, B, Gai, Kurama, Gyūki and Kakashi to fight Obito for quite some time before Kakashi figured it out after noticing a crack.

Minato's analytical skill nothing to sneeze at.

Note, this is all considering him without his own jinchūriki abilities (though he lost those).

Lastly, while Minato died young and before making any significant changes, Tobirama set the gears in motion for the entire world to plunged into danger. It's characters like Tobirama (and Danzō) that place ruthless, dogmatic pragmatism above all else that perpetuate the broken machine that is the shinobi system, i.e. the cycle of hatred, whose casualties ultimately culminates in characters like Orochimaru, Nagato, Kisame and pretty much every other noteworthy villainous character.

@Winterfang - you don't seriously think Kabutomaru could beat Itachi, do you? Itachi saw himself in Kabuto and did him a favour by using Izanami. Had he been serious, that fight would have ended differently.

Minato had flee on sight orders issued to enemy soldiers. And he beat a thousand+ soldiers. And he can control the nine tails. And easily beat Obito. The guy is top tier. To say all he has is speed isn't fair when it's such a huge advantage on top of all the other things he does have.

Pein

Banned

Nah, Kin and Gin could become V2 jinchuriki and they had the broken as fuck sage weapons. They were also had some elite back up.

Kabuto would have wrecked itachi if it wasn't for that Izanami nonsense. Lets not forget that edo Itachi and choku tomoe sasuke had to fight him together to make it an equal fight.

Tobirama is nothing to sneeze at though. I imagine the battle to be a close one, Tobirama might be slower but he doesn't need the shurikens. I feel the bijou cloak is wasted in Minato since he doesn't know the bijou dama or any moves that can use all that Chaka. Poor guy died before hitting his stride.

And I believe Kabuto can handily beat itachi. Eye genjutsu won't work, taijutsu won't work, susanoo won't work. He is a bad matchup.

Tobirama is nothing to sneeze at though. I imagine the battle to be a close one, Tobirama might be slower but he doesn't need the shurikens. I feel the bijou cloak is wasted in Minato since he doesn't know the bijou dama or any moves that can use all that Chaka. Poor guy died before hitting his stride.

And I believe Kabuto can handily beat itachi. Eye genjutsu won't work, taijutsu won't work, susanoo won't work. He is a bad matchup.
Kabuto is definitely Itachi's weakness. But Itachi is Itachi and you never know what he would have up his sleeve.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
One thing that slipped past me was this whole Yin/Yang thing with Kurama, and how apparently only half of the nine tails was sealed within Naruto. I honestly don't remember the first time that this was mentioned and it feels like it came out of nowhere during the battle against Obito so that Minato could have jinchuuriki powers. If it was sealed inside Minato, wouldn't it have unsealed when he died?

I vaguely remember it being touched upon during the fight with Pain... I don't remember the details, though.

eh, a civil war had potential when Danzo was still around, I can't see one happening now right after this ninja war united everyone under Naruto aka Ninja Jesus.

Kabuto is definitely Itachi's weakness. But Itachi is Itachi and you never know what he would have up his sleeve.

That's a testament of how good Itachi is. But I can't say I like how in every single battle he shows a new situational jutsu that just perfect for the situation. I still has no idea how did he even found Kabuto.

My memory is a bit hazy but I though Minato sealed only the half of the Kyuubi because he wasn't as good with seals as Kushina and Naruto was a newborn, maybe the full Kyuubi would kill him.

eh, a civil war had potential when Danzo was still around, I can't see one happening now right after this ninja war united everyone under Naruto aka Ninja Jesus.
Meh I think everyone was willing to rally around Naruto after the Pain arc let alone now. The only thing I question is those other characters. Sasuke seems pretty intent on becoming Hokage. I don't think he'll just be like "oh Naruto is going to do it. K!!". Something will have to give between now and then. Guess we will see. Who knows, maybe Naruto will do something godly and maybe even Sasuke and co will rally behind him.

That's a testament of how good Itachi is. But I can't say I like how in every single battle he shows a new situational jutsu that just perfect for the situation. I still has no idea how did he even found Kabuto.

My memory is a bit hazy but I though Minato sealed only the half of the Kyuubi because he wasn't as good with seals as Kushina and Naruto was a newborn, maybe the full Kyuubi would kill him.

Nagato sensed where Kabuto was and told Itachi

Minato said it was physically impossible for him to seal all that chakra yeah.

One thing that slipped past me was this whole Yin/Yang thing with Kurama, and how apparently only half of the nine tails was sealed within Naruto. I honestly don't remember the first time that this was mentioned and it feels like it came out of nowhere during the battle against Obito so that Minato could have jinchuuriki powers. If it was sealed inside Minato, wouldn't it have unsealed when he died?

I vaguely remember it being touched upon during the fight with Pain... I don't remember the details, though.
I'd post pictures but I only found it with a watermark but basically Minato states that it's physically/conceptually impossible to seal all of the 9 tails. He said the Fox's power was too great.

Nagato sensed where Kabuto was and told Itachi

I know Nagato was a sensor but I don't remember him giving him coordinates. Do you remember the chapter? I know it was mentioned in the fight that Kabuto though Itachi found him because he was a sensor and he said Nagato was the sensor not him. Both of them being the biggest liars of the series (being spies and all), I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually a sensor and kept it for himself.

I know Nagato was a sensor but I don't remember him giving him coordinates. Do you remember the chapter? I know it was mentioned in the fight that Kabuto though Itachi found him because he was a sensor and he said Nagato was the sensor not him. Both of them being the biggest liars of the series (being spies and all), I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually a sensor and kept it for himself.

well it happened off panel

there's no real reason for Kishi to lie there about that part, Itachi and Nagato are both gone and not coming back, it was truth time for everyone.

MikeMyers

The Akatsuki didn't attack Naruto inbetween Part 1 and 2 because of Jiraya, correct?

But doesn't Pain just solo Jiyara later on?

SolVanderlyn

The Akatsuki didn't attack Naruto inbetween Part 1 and 2 because of Jiraya, correct?

That was Pain, though. Itachi and Kisame had to bail out when they saw Jiraiya, and the rest of Akatsuki is at about their level.

Pain vs. Jiraiya also happened in Pain's home turf, far away from Konoha and any possibility of Jiraiya receiving backup. Jiraiya self admittedly made a huge risk going there by himself and paid the price for it.

I'd post pictures but I only found it with a watermark but basically Minato states that it's physically/conceptually impossible to seal all of the 9 tails. He said the Fox's power was too great.

Kurama had too much chakra to fit in a infant so he split it.
Ah, ok. Thanks.

Pein

Banned

They were busy taking jobs before part 2 and Bijuu have to be sealed in order so it made no sense to capture him before they even collected Garaa.

Jiraiya didn't go down easily and Pain admitted if Jiraiya had intel he might have lost.

well it happened off panel

there's no real reason for Kishi to lie there about that part, Itachi and Nagato are both gone and not coming back, it was truth time for everyone.

Conveniently off panel, I would assume at least a single flash back panel of Nagato giving directions would help. I rather believe your theory than Itachi just casually finding Kabuto (Who 99% of the people finding the war had no idea was the cause of the zombies)

In think it was a combination of Jiraiya, Itachi's secret intervention, the Kyuubi being the strongest and Nobody having any idea Naruto was a jinchuriki.

Itachi said he was too strong for him and Kisame to beat him, I think he lied and over hyped Jiraiya to protect him.

Funny stuff it's Guy who the Akatsuki should had being more careful. 8 Gates Guy could had solo the organization by himself.

Pein

Banned
Conveniently off panel, I would assume at least a single flash back panel of Nagato giving directions would help. I rather believe your theory than Itachi just casually finding Kabuto (Who 99% of the people finding the war had no idea was the cause of the zombies)

In think it was a combination of Jiraiya, Itachi's secret intervention, the Kyuubi being the strongest and Nobody having any idea Naruto was a jinchuriki.

Itachi said he was too strong for him and Kisame to beat him, I think he lied and over hyped Jiraiya to protect him.

Funny stuff it's Guy who the Akatsuki should had being more careful. 8 Gates Guy could had solo the organization by himself.
Itachi been warning people not to underestimate Gai since part 1.

Jiraiya >Itachi, frog song would have ended Kisame and itachi.

Guy almost solo'd himself if not for Narujesus. And to what you said about Itachi above. I don't think it means it cheap that he always has the perfect strategy/jutsu for any given moment, that's what makes him the best!

Hero

So are Anko and Yamato confirmed dead or what?

Also, Jiraiya was definitely kage level. He pushed Pain further than anyone else with only two toads as his back up. Like the poster above me just said, Pain even said if he had information on his abilities he could've lost.

I'm so glad they haven't tainted Jiraiya's legacy by bringing him back to life.

ReiGun

They were busy taking jobs before part 2 and Bijuu have to be sealed in order so it made no sense to capture him before they even collected Garaa.

Jiraiya didn't go down easily and Pain admitted if Jiraiya had intel he might have lost.

Didn't they already have two sealed when they caught Gaara? I think it's only the Kyuubi has to be sealed last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom