• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroman

Banned
Let's not get so technical here but since Goku is made of matter, he can't move at the speed of light or faster. Kizaru on the other hand is a different story.... so no

but yes, Goku is still stronger. Though I'm sure if Kizaru enters DBZ world he would be pretty fucking strong, since his limits set in his original world wouldn't (or shouldn't) apply to DBZ world. Kinda like how Batman is a lot stronger, smarter, faster when he's in the Justice League universe vs when he's on his own, against regular, non-superhuman villains.
Who is to say that you cant go beyond the speed of light in the dbz verse. I mean you have people who can destroy whole solar system with their life energy or ki. You also have people like goku who freely teleportation beyond the heavens and earth.

If Kizrau enter the dbz world he would still have the same strength, sure he could train but he would reach the limit.

Does anyone read the Viz translation? How is it?

I remember back in the beginning the translation has very questionable name choices for the jutsus.

Too bad he can't or doesn't use it more than once in a row. If he could, he would've used it against all DBZ villains and be done with it; there seems to be limits.

he used it multiple times in a row against Bills to land a hit on him.

IT Kamehameha would have ended Cell if he didn't have regeneration, Buu had even better regeneration so IT wouldn't help him there besides avoiding attacks.

Against 19 the heart virus was kicking his ass and throwing him off his game and concentration, and against Majin Vegeta he was intentionally holding back.

KillGore

he used it multiple times in a row against Bills to land a hit on him.

He did? I don't remember using it to hit Bills. If I remember correctly, he used it in the same way as he did with Cell, to make a kamehameha. Can he instant transmission and punch at the same time? Kizaru can move and punch at the same time and not just pause like he always does with IT (probably to see where he and his opponent is, since I'm not sure he can see well when he travels at such a speed)

Anyways, I'm not sure why we're debating this, since I said they couldn't beat Goku but at least last more than 1 second.

Man, I really hate how little panel time Sasuke gets these days. It seems as if Kishimoto goes out of his way to find reasons to keep him off the panels.

Logically even if they save Sasuke, can't Kaguya just drag him back to another dimension? It doesn't seem as though Sasuke can even react to her :/
Too little Sasuke? That's when you know something weird is going on in the naruto-verse.

He did? I don't remember using it to hit Bills. If I remember correctly, he used it in the same way as he did with Cell, to make a kamehameha. Can he instant transmission and punch at the same time? Kizaru can move and punch at the same time and not just pause like he always does with IT (probably to see where he and his opponent is, since I'm not sure he can see well when he travels at such a speed)

Anyways, I'm not sure why we're debating this, since I said they couldn't beat Goku but at least last more than 1 second.

Yeah by hit I meant kamehameha, he IT'd multiple times in a row to get the drop on him, against Cell he only did it once.

I wasn't debating what you said at all, I'm just talking(typing) here really

Sai

Man, y'all didn't take too long to start with the cross-manga match-ups.

the difference is CHOICE. Gaara was basically a weaponized experiment mentally tortured and manipulated at age 6. His bloodlust was a direct result of his fathers will. He had no choice. Gaara was what, 12 or 13 during the Chunin exam? Any deaths he caused should be chalked up to his fucked up father and his "experiment"

Sasuke willing threw away his humanity. There was manipulation on Itachi's part, yes, (I would partially blame Itachi for using Sasuke like he did, but only partially) but Sasuke didn't need to leave the village to get stronger. He got jealous of Naruto's progress and made the snap judgment to throw away everything and take a path of darkness. Its the entire point of the Sasuke retrieval arc, he didn't want to go back. He put revenge over everything and eventually killed in the process.

Sasuke isn't beyond redemption, but he needs to atone for his actions. Gaara, on the other hand, had nothing to atone for.
Yeah, I'll have to agree with you on this.

Sorry for the late reply :x

Too little Sasuke? That's when you know something weird is going on in the naruto-verse.
The readers started voicing their concerns about the manga's titular character not getting panel-time he deserved. Kishimoto had a meeting with some of SJ's editors about the direction they should take Sasuke in. The result: the downward spiral of Sasuke's character that began somewhere between the attempted Killer B abduction, and Kage Summit. :p

There were a couple of recent threads on NF about Sasuke's recent backseat role since he returned with the much anticipated Eien no Mangekyō Sharingan. Lots of disappointment, and pessimism from those that like(d) his character, topped off with a bit of goading 'n laughs from those that never did. Some interesting points were brought up in between all of that though.

I feel like Sasuke taking a back-seat is temporary. I also feel like it makes sense as of now. I'm sure though we will get more of him. As much as it pains people I think this war arc still has quite a bit of legs. Still got Hagoromo planning something. I'm sure more back-story is coming. The tensei's around for a reason. Possible Madara resurrection. Naruto and Sasuke getting back together to team up. Obito and Sakura. Kakashi is probably going to do something. All this stuff is going to take a bunch of chapters.

Spongebob

Banned
I feel like Sasuke taking a back-seat is temporary. I also feel like it makes sense as of now. I'm sure though we will get more of him. As much as it pains people I think this war arc still has quite a bit of legs. Still got Hagoromo planning something. I'm sure more back-story is coming. The tensei's around for a reason. Possible Madara resurrection. Naruto and Sasuke getting back together to team up. Obito and Sakura. Kakashi is probably going to do something. All this stuff is going to take a bunch of chapters.
Sasuke has largely been in the back-seat role since his EMS reveal (chapter 574 553).

Sasuke has largely been in the back-seat role since his EMS reveal (chapter 574).
It still makes sense to me though. What else is he going to do? This war arc has been pretty long. Didn't it really start only a little after that? I feel like he was given so much time that his arcs just finished and there really wasn't a lot of reason to focus on him UNTIL they brought him back into this war. And now I'm sure he'll get his time.

Anyone watch the anime's latest episode? Hashirama was the bestest back in the day. I'm glad the anime is catching up to the manga finally. Lots of stuff I wanted to see animated.

Spongebob

Banned
It still makes sense to me though. What else is he going to do? This war arc has been pretty long. Didn't it really start only a little after that? I feel like he was given so much time that his arcs just finished and there really wasn't a lot of reason to focus on him UNTIL they brought him back into this war. And now I'm sure he'll get his time.

Anyone watch the anime's latest episode? Hashirama was the bestest back in the day. I'm glad the anime is catching up to the manga finally. Lots of stuff I wanted to see animated.

The War arc started on chapter 515, Sasuke didn't show up again (after the team 7 reunion chapter 484) until chapter 553. Even then he doesn't really show up consistenly until chapter 574 where he plays a back-seat role to Itachi during the Kabuto fight.He wasn't even the focus during the meeting with the Hokage; that was all about Hashirama and Madara when you really think about it.

Kishi even puts him in a back-seat role during the fight against Juubito (let's not pretend that Naruto wasn't the focus there). Against Rikudo Madara, he really only got one chapter that put the focus on him. This Kaguya fight has made Naruto look great and Sasuke look terrible.

Sasuke is never going to "get his time".

manual4

Banned
the manga has gone to shit these couple of chapters. After Naruto and sasuke got sage power up, the plot went on to become a pile of poop.

Sai

Viz still occasionally uses questionable translations for technique names—"Flame Control" for Kagutsuchi when they're perfectly comfortable with using Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu, and Susanoo, for example... But, they are often cross-referenced with the fan translations and convey things pretty accurately.

If those minor quirks don't bother you, show your support and buy from Viz.

Even then he doesn't really show up consistenly until chapter 574 where he plays a back-seat role to Itachi during the Kabuto fight.
Can't emphasize how terrible it was to wait all that time to see what Sasuke could do with his new eyes, after all that hype, only to end up seeing him dishing out the same stuff, and still standing in his brother's shadow.

Viz still occasionally uses questionable translations for technique names—"Flame Control" for Kagutsuchi when they're perfectly comfortable with using Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu, and Susanoo, for example... But, they are often cross-referenced with the fan translations and convey things pretty accurately.

If those minor quirks don't bother you, show your support and buy from Viz.

Can't emphasize how terrible it was to wait all that time to see what Sasuke could do with his new eyes, after all that hype, only to end up seeing him dishing out the same stuff, and still standing in his brother's shadow.

The SJ sub is like 25 bucks a year. Even if you don't read directly from them, I think it's still good to support them if possible. I don't read manga on SJ that often since Scans are out earlier, but I still pay for it.

the manga has gone to shit these couple of chapters. After Naruto and sasuke got sage power up, the plot went on to become a pile of poop.

The plot has been poop for a very long time.

Sasuke needs to step his game up, only new thing he has is that teleporting technique while Naruto is using a new move very damn chapter.

Then again like Obito showed all you really need is one broken ass technique.

Sasuke needs to step his game up, only new thing he has is that teleporting technique while Naruto is using a new move very damn chapter.

Then again like Obito showed all you really need is one broken ass technique.

Well Sasuke has his new Susanoo also. But yeah Naruto seems faster, more durable, better reflexes and way more power.

Hard to be cooler than a giant skeleton that's on fire LOL.

But to me Sasuke's repertoire has being boring since he lost Orochimaru's powers. Hopefully we get to see new things because when you need to be saved by Sakura. Suicide is the only way to restore honor.

I was hoping Sasuke would end up wrapping his susanoo completely in amaterasu flames.

He needs to use a suped up Kirin too. Im imagining a giant flying susanoo covered in flames and raining down lightning like Zeus.

Sai

I played the demo on 360, but I wasn't too impressed with the changes they've made. I'll probably pick it up once I get my PS3 back(because that's the console I played all the previous Storm games on), just to complete the collection.

Looking foward to seeing CC2 reboot the franchise on the next generation hardware.

But to me Sasuke's repertoire has being boring since he lost Orochimaru's powers.
Agreed. I found his moves and all extremely fascinating when he had those powers.
Honestly, he didn't lose that much when Orochimaru escaped, and the Cursed Seal was taken from him. We just don't see much of it because he's all about his black flames and chakra Gundam now.

Anyone picking up Storm Revolution?

I don't have Gold, are those games good for single player?

Honestly, he didn't lose that much when Orochimaru escaped, and the Cursed Seal was taken from him. We just don't see much of it because he's all about his black flames and chakra Gundam now.

He used to fight a lot smarter, but I understand he suffered a lot of psychological damage. I mean so did Naruto but he is not bitch.

Frog-fu

Banned
Are people seriously discussing Kizaru VS Goku in any capacity? Kid Goku would school the fuck out of the entire Pieceverse by himself. C'mon son.

Is it theoretically possible to learn sage mode for Sasuke? What effect could it have on him...

Yes. His Cursed Seal was something of a pseudo Sage Mode, though it only used natural energy instead of sage energy.

It would be a substantial boost, as it would for anyone else, but Sasuke would still have no chance against Naruto.

Is it theoretically possible to learn sage mode for Sasuke? What effect could it have on him...

Possibly but so far he seems terrible about it, since he had more than one opportunity to develop it. (but the first time he knew what a Sage was, was fighting against Kabuto)

The closest thing to a Sage Sasuke has being was this

Curse_Seal_Sasuke_by_HiddenLotus11.jpg

I find it weird that he wasn't able to turn into a Sage after getting his powers by Hagoromo. I mean Naruto got, all the tailbeast, Asura's powers and Sage of the six paths powers (with the balls), he even got new shoes.

Maybe Naruto will become Sasuke's sensai and show him how it's done soon. Maybe show him how to max out his powers since sasuke seems to have trouble with that.

Sai

Many readers got the impression that Sasuke was able to use Senjutsu, because of the effect "Rikudō's power" had on his Chidori, allowing him to use that black "Habataku Chidori" which was capable of damaging Madara. And if you guys recall, it was said the only chakra-based attacks that could damage a Jūbi Jinchūriki were those supplemented by Senjutsu.

It's just not the "Rikudō Senjutsu" that Naruto has.

Yes. His Cursed Seal was something of a pseudo Sage Mode, though it only used natural energy instead of sage energy.
The only attacks that use natural energy alone are those involving Naruto's Kawazu Kumite. The rest that melds with the physical and spiritual energies that compose chakra is all Senjutsu.

Senninka/Jūinka = Sennin Mode, the terms were used interchangeably when Jūgo was describing what Orochimaru was doing to Kabuto soon after his resurrection.

todd360

Possibly but so far he seems terrible about it, since he had more than one opportunity to develop it. (but the first time he knew what a Sage was, was fighting against Kabuto)

The closest thing to a Sage Sasuke has being was this

Curse_Seal_Sasuke_by_HiddenLotus11.jpg

I find it weird that he wasn't able to turn into a Sage after getting his powers by Hagoromo. I mean Naruto got, all the tailbeast, Asura's powers and Sage of the six paths powers (with the balls), he even got new shoes.

Gat damn. He did really good for himself. *Slaps Naruto on the back and buys him a bowel of ramen.*

Sai

In motion, it still usually looks better than the way the anime usually depicts it. :p

Now that I think about it, I never did get that Sennin Kabuto DLC with all the additional costumes. Gonna have to wrap that up for the rest of the game's trophies before I get started with Revolution.

Man kind of sucks how it looks like a game now. I remember being baffled by the graphics of the first game, we need one Next Gen, to have the graphics being identical to the art =D
Would look incredible for sure.

In motion, it still usually looks better than the way the anime usually depicts it. :p

Now that I think about it, I never did get that Sennin Kabuto DLC with all the additional costumes. Gonna have to wrap that up for the rest of the game's trophies before I get started with Revolution.

Yeah, check out the trailer Winterfang! Thinking about doing an OT for the game but idk, doesn't seem like a lot of interest.

Would look incredible for sure.

Yeah, check out the trailer Winterfang! Thinking about doing an OT for the game but idk, doesn't seem like a lot of interest.

Cool trailer, weird that they don't show Tobirama and Minato doing their new stuff, I guess they will save the Edo Hokages for later.

Sai

They recently released images of a Bijū Mode Minato and Sennin Mode Hashirama. So if they're being updated, Tobirama will undoubtedly be updated as well with Hiraishin shenanigans.

Can't wait for them to get rid of that water surfing nonsense.

Thinking about doing an OT for the game but idk, doesn't seem like a lot of interest.
Understandable. The graphics were the Storm franchise's biggest pull, and the folks aren't as impressed by them anymore. This is also the 5th iteration, and it's another "Dream Match" like Generations.

The mainline games with the single player Quick Time Events pulls more interest.

I wan't a naruto adventure game/MMO like game. Not a fighting game :(

MMO could work. Pick a village to start in, pick a fighting style, pick a clan. Have your own moves, do quests for ninja rank, etc...it builds itself! But yeah I'm just tired of all the fighting games for these things.

Sai

Well, it is a shōnen fighting manga. :p

Wasn't there a cheap looking Naruto MMO being developed out of Korea or something?

I want a turn based RPG and a branching storyline. Like for example what would happen if I defeat Madara but never manage to find Kabuto? Or if Naruto awaken his Asura powers earlier in the war.

Well, it is a shōnen fighting manga. :p

Weren't they making some cheap looking Naruto MMO out of Korea or something?
I know but I'm just tired of it. Every single manga/anime is basically the same fighting game to me with different characters. I know they aren't but to me I just can't get excited. I just want a fresh take. Keep the fighting there. You can still have an adventure game with great fights. Just add more to the game.

I want a turn based RPG and a branching storyline. Like for example what would happen if I defeat Madara but never manage to find Kabuto? Or if Naruto awaken his Asura powers earlier in the war.
There's so many places they can take it. But alas lets make the same game part 5435908345 instead.

Sai

Maybe CC2 could try a Musō-esque game.

.. Actually, we did get something like that in Storm 3. It was terrible. Nevermind.

MMOs all have incredible potential, probably more than any other genre and 99% of them end up being the same old piece of shit. A Naruto MMO would just be another cheap WoW clone/Korean F2P cash in.

I wan't a naruto adventure game/MMO like game. Not a fighting game :(

MMO could work. Pick a village to start in, pick a fighting style, pick a clan. Have your own moves, do quests for ninja rank, etc...it builds itself! But yeah I'm just tired of all the fighting games for these things.

Making a custom character basically mean you're being a nobody in Naruto storyline, because all the big battles etc are finished by the main characters, you're not going to fight pain, madara etc and realistically win, if you're playing as custom character.

One way I can see this work is if the game takes place in a time far remove from the manga timeline, like years in the future or in the past, like how star wars kotor did it.

I prefer a branching storylibe with a lot of what if scenario, but I understand making game with branching paths are a huge undertaking, especially if we expect the same production value the ultimate ninja series had.

Man branching storylines a la mass effect in a Naruto game would be amazing.

Hirata: It's because....I love you.

Naruto:
1- Say Nothing 2- I love you too
3- Thanks 4- I know

Or playing as Sasuke and saying yes to fighting along Kabuto. Then after both defeat itachi, he steals your body and enter the main battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom