• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Naruto already flat ignored Hinata's declaration of love. I think him simply saying "thanks" would eviscerate her.

Naruto already flat ignored Hinata's declaration of love. I think him simply saying "thanks" would eviscerate her.

Good, then I'll later accept Sakura's fake love declaration. And go home with the superior girl.

maxresdefault.jpg
It doesn't matter how much sex Hinata gives to Naruto. Nothing would be more personal than a heartjob.

So this new Naruto game WON'T have boss fights and a cool SP mode? It's going to be like Genertions? Lame. I was so hyped too. Ninja Storm 2 & 3...hell even 1 was great. Those epic bosses made the game. For in Ninja Storm 4 they can also add in bosses they missed like Danzo vs Sauce, Oro vs Sauce and Dederia vs Sauce, Kisame vs Gai etc than finish up with the war and some flashbacks.

Making a custom character basically mean you're being a nobody in Naruto storyline, because all the big battles etc are finished by the main characters, you're not going to fight pain, madara etc and realistically win, if you're playing as custom character.

One way I can see this work is if the game takes place in a time far remove from the manga timeline, like years in the future or in the past, like how star wars kotor did it.

I prefer a branching storylibe with a lot of what if scenario, but I understand making game with branching paths are a huge undertaking, especially if we expect the same production value the ultimate ninja series had.
I know what you're saying, but I only mean creating your own for an MMO style game. I still wouldn't mind a SP adventure game/RPG of some kind with Naruto or Sasuke or whoever as the main. Just something different.

ALSO, the fake confession was the nail in the coffin for me in terms of Naruto/Sakura. Up till then I thought it was dumb but didn't care, now I definitely don't want them to end up together. And I don't think there's enough time to redeem all the shitty stuff she has done to him.

Saving his life was a good start. The confession wasn't even the worst part, the worst was going against Sasuke alone, if it wasn't for that Sai clone and Sai being the one person that could see through her shit, they wouldn't be able to find her in time and she might die.

But she is way hotter than Hinata and Naruto actually likes her.

Saving his life was a good start. The confession wasn't even the worst part, the worst was going against Sasuke alone, if it wasn't for that Sai clone and Sai being the one person that could see through her shit, they wouldn't be able to find her in time and she might die.

But she is way hotter than Hinata and Naruto actually likes her.
What would earn my respek for Sakura is if she helps save Sasuke somehow with Obito. Then Sasuke thanks her for once, acknowledging her after shitting on her and calling her useless this entire arc. And then she replies by telling him to shut up and go fuck himself and walks away. Doesn't have to be those exact words but same message.

I doubt it will happen. Have a feeling Team 7 is going to all get along somehow by the end of this.

Frog-fu

Banned
Are people still engaged in shipping wars? Come on, people. Naruto's going end up with Sakura. It's the perfect parallel to Minato and Kushina and you know how much Kishi loves parallels.

Many readers got the impression that Sasuke was able to use Senjutsu, because of the effect "Rikudō's power" had on his Chidori, allowing him to use that black "Habataku Chidori" which was capable of damaging Madara. And if you guys recall, it was said the only chakra-based attacks that could damage a Jūbi Jinchūriki were those supplemented by Senjutsu.

It's just not the "Rikudō Senjutsu" that Naruto has.

This is a misconception. Obito and Madara have the ability to negate ninjutsu and general chakra based techniques through Yin-Yang Release, but its not an effect that is constant.

Senninka/Jūinka = Sennin Mode, the terms were used interchangeably when Jūgo was describing what Orochimaru was doing to Kabuto soon after his resurrection.

No, it's not.

Sage Mode is achieved by combing and balancing natural energy with spiritual energy and physical energy, which are the components that make up chakra.

Jūgo's clan ability allows him to only gather natural energy and use it to transform and buff his powers. Orochimaru used his ability to devise the Cursed Seals which do the exact same thing with certain side effects that make them more susceptible to control.

Sasuke doesn't have Sage Mode, he had a pseudo variant that was nowhere near as powerful as the real thing.

what do you call these?

I don't know, but once in a blue moon the author does this alternate dimension full color covers. While his writing could be better, Kishimoto is one of the greatest world builders of our generation, in one image he manage to make an entire story with goals, characters personality and all that stuff.

I wish I could find them, one has Naruto fighting mechanical robots, other the jinchuriki if they met each other and where an organization, one had Naruto growing up with his parents etc.. pretty neat.

What would earn my respek for Sakura is if she helps save Sasuke somehow with Obito. Then Sasuke thanks her for once, acknowledging her after shitting on her and calling her useless this entire arc. And then she replies by telling him to shut up and go fuck himself and walks away. Doesn't have to be those exact words but same message.

I doubt it will happen. Have a feeling Team 7 is going to all get along somehow by the end of this

Yeah but Sasuke was a douchebag, that's why Naruto woke up saved by the girl he loves, and two former villains he gave a second chances. And Naruto by a snake rapist that he was lucky his brother lobotomized with genjutsu.

I know what you're saying, but I only mean creating your own for an MMO style game. I still wouldn't mind a SP adventure game/RPG of some kind with Naruto or Sasuke or whoever as the main. Just something different.

ALSO, the fake confession was the nail in the coffin for me in terms of Naruto/Sakura. Up till then I thought it was dumb but didn't care, now I definitely don't want them to end up together. And I don't think there's enough time to redeem all the shitty stuff she has done to him.

Like what?

The Non-canon flanderization the anime added that wasn't in the manga? I assure you, Sakura has done a lot more for Naruto than most readers give her credit for either because of total ignorance (flat out not remembering) or hatred blinding you to what she's actually done.

This is the same girl that was going to fail all of team 7 (including Sasuke) just so Naruto would have a chance to be Hokage.

I hate the confession just as much as anyone, but don't sit here and try to spew completely untrue bullshit as if she's abusive to him (which is insulting to anyone who's actually been abused).

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
The hate towards Sakura stems from the fact that she can't get over a juvenile crush for a guy that not only doesn't give a f***k about her, but tried to kill her and all her friends. Terrible character.

Frog-fu

Banned
Like what?

The Non-canon flanderization the anime added that wasn't in the manga? I assure you, Sakura has done a lot more for Naruto than most readers give her credit for either because of total ignorance (flat out not remembering) or hatred blinding you to what she's actually done.

This is the same girl that was going to fail all of team 7 (including Sasuke) just so Naruto would have a chance to be Hokage.

I hate the confession just as much as anyone, but don't sit here and try to spew completely untrue bullshit as if she's abusive to him (which is insulting to anyone who's actually been abused).

This guy knows what's up.

I'm really sick of people bashing the shit out of Sakura mostly for shit she did at the fucking start of the manga. People conveniently forgets how quickly she warmed up to Naruto and how much she's done for him.

It really is a shame Kishi didn't know what to do with her after Sasori was dead in burred. Up until that point post the timeskip was a fucking badass.

Pein

Banned
Like what?

As for games, I sit on top of the storm leaderboards for each iteration and I just hate most of the changes they've done in revolution. I really want a dedicated single player experience again, I wish ubisoft was still making naruto games and tomy too. Naruto impact was something in the right direction because it was a dynasty warriors knock off. A grand naruto jrpg game would be so neat.

This is like the reverse one piece situation for games, that only gets action games and a lot of fans want a fighting game lol.

Sakura's character goes to shit anytime Sasuke enters the picture, she's fine when he's not around.

But still nothing Sakura ever did will be worse than Naruto hyperventilating over Sasuke, that moment coupled with Sakura's confession and Sasuke going nuts had me very very close to completely dropping Naruto.

I really want a dedicated single player experience again, I wish ubisoft was still making naruto games and tomy too. Naruto impact was something in the right direction because it was a dynasty warriors knock off. A grand naruto jrpg game would be so neat.

This is like the reverse one piece situation for games, that only gets action games and a lot of fans want a fighting game lol.

I wish someone else would pick up the license for DBZ, Naruto, and One Piece games so they can do the properties justice. Namco just wants to make the same damn licensed games every year with like two new features.

Sakura's character goes to shit anytime Sasuke enters the picture, she's fine when he's not around.

But still nothing Sakura ever did will be worse than Naruto hyperventilating over Sasuke, that moment coupled with Sakura's confession and Sasuke going nuts had me very very close to completely dropping Naruto.

Oh my god. If I had not dropped Naruto after Part 1 then I would have dropped it after this shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31hGgXSP9Oo

Jigolo

I don't know, but once in a blue moon the author does this alternate dimension full color covers. While his writing could be better, Kishimoto is one of the greatest world builders of our generation, in one image he manage to make an entire story with goals, characters personality and all that stuff.

I wish I could find them, one has Naruto fighting mechanical robots, other the jinchuriki if they met each other and where an organization, one had Naruto growing up with his parents etc.. pretty neat.

Yeah I was looking for the Robot Naruto one but have no idea what exactly to google search.

That is why I am so excited to see a reenergized and motivated Kishimoto with Mario serialization....

Heroman

Banned
Psst like any of you have loved someone has much as Naruto loves Sasuke. You guys wouldn't understand :p
But unless I forgotten, which is very likely, In part one Naruto and Sasuke were never that good of friends, so for naruto to keep on going after him after what he has done, doesn't make any sense to me and is one of my major problem with part 2.

He came back to his village fucking destroyed and wrecked with his teacher supposedly dead and he handled it just fine.

Sasuke was more important to Itachi than his entire clan.
Sasuke was more important to Sakura than Naruto's mental health.
It wouldn't be that unbelievable to think that he was more important to him than Kakashi.

No idea why people like him that much, he had different personalities, none lf them likeable. But there's no need to kid ourselves, the entire Shippudden series is about Naruto redeeming Sasuke.

Naruto-38-shueisha.jpg

Sasuke was more important to Itachi than his entire clan.
Sasuke was more important to Sakura than Naruto's mental health.
It wouldn't be that unbelievable to think that he was more important to him than Kakashi.

No idea why people like him that much, he had different personalities, none lf them likeable. But there's no need to kid ourselves, the entire Shippudden series is about Naruto redeeming Sasuke.

Naruto-38-shueisha.jpg

dat bird chest

But unless I forgotten, which is very likely, In part one Naruto and Sasuke were never that good of friends, so for naruto to keep on going after him after what he has done, doesn't make any sense to me and is one of my major problem with part 2.

Yeah it's so forced. They only had months of interaction.

Sai

This is a misconception. Obito and Madara have the ability to negate ninjutsu and general chakra based techniques through Yin-Yang Release, but its not an effect that is constant.
The only time it apparently hasn't been in effect for a Jūbi Jinchūriki was before Obito was able to subjugate the Shinju.

What leads you to believe that their Onmyoton has been used arbitrarily? And what reason would Madara have not to use it when defending against Sasuke's Chidori Eisō?

No, it's not.

Sage Mode is achieved by combing and balancing natural energy with spiritual energy and physical energy, which are the components that make up chakra.

Jūgo's clan ability allows him to only gather natural energy and use it to transform and buff his powers. Orochimaru used his ability to devise the Cursed Seals which do the exact same thing with certain side effects that make them more susceptible to control.

Sasuke doesn't have Sage Mode, he had a pseudo variant that was nowhere near as powerful as the real thing.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Sage_Transformation#Senninka

Jūgo calls what Kabuto considered to be Sennin Mode, Senninka. Kabuto even alludes to it towards the beginning of his bout with the Uchiha siblings. You can argue that there's possibly a discrepancy in the degree of control over the natural energy each method draws forth(and consequently, the degree of power), but the fact remains that Senninka, and Jūinka have been referred to as types of Sennin Mode, and applications of Senjutsu.

Like what?

It's like every time Sasuke comes into the picture in ANY way, even the mention of him, she turns into a wishy washy type. It's just flatout annoying. In general I just find a lot of her small quirks annoying.

Honestly in the later years she is a lot less annoying and I'll acknowledge the good she has done. But still, nothing bothers me more than wishy washy types like her. Just when you think she has come around she'll revert back into her old way. Nothing bothers me more than characters without conviction. If you think Sasuke is a criminal now then fucking think that and MOVE ON. You still love Sasuke? Then DO SOMETHING about it. Whatever it is just do it. You like Naruto? Just show/say it.I feel like there isn't a single character on the show with less conviction and who is more all over the place than Sakura. It gets annoying. Commit yourself to something for gads sake. Praise the lord kishi made her a competent ninja eventually because if she didn't have that these days...

I'll agree the anime makes her seem more annoying at times but meh. I think it's her overall character that bugs me. Perfectly exemplified by when Sasuke enters the picture and says he wants to be Hokage in the war. She automatically becomes a shell of a person. And yes I know it's Kishimoto's fault for writing her that way but hey that's all I have to go off of.

It's funny, she gets a lot of hate for part 1 but I think part 1 was when she showed a lot of signs of improvement. She started off a useless lovebird who depends too much on Naruto and isn't confident. Then she started realizing that and there were specific pages she even admits all of this and says she wont depend on him anymore and she will do this and that. Then part 2 starts and she still depends on others, still loves sasuke (I think?) even though he has done horrible things since, still doesn't seem too confident a lot of the time, etc...

tldr: her character is just annoying. I genuinely think Kishi wanted to make her grow a lot and become different then he decided to back out of that.

Yeah , and in those month they barely spent time together.

Shikamaru is the true friend of his and very undervalued by Naruto. The guy could give Naruto a BJ and Naruto would still pick Sasuke, who wouldn't hesitate to pierce Naruto's chest with his arm. Kishi should have just made Sasuke into a villain instead of the redemption crap.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The hate towards Sakura stems from the fact that she can't get over a juvenile crush for a guy that not only doesn't give a f***k about her, but tried to kill her and all her friends. Terrible character.

That and she's used naruto's kindness for the benefit of her stupid crush.

Having him go retrieve Sasuke while she sat around weeping, and making him feel bad for failing her. The fake confession bullshit and pushing away of her friends.

She''s immature, unappreciative, and manipulative of her friends.

Heroman

Banned
Shikamaru is the true friend of his and very undervalued by Naruto. The guy could give Naruto a BJ and Naruto would still pick Sasuke, who wouldn't hesitate to pierce Naruto's chest with his arm. Kishi should have just made Sasuke into a villain instead of the redemption crap.

Man , there so many characters could be way better friend than sasuke.

Calvero

Banned

Shikamaru is fucking amazing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't think it was Naruto and Sasuke's friendship in particular that makes Naruto chase after him the way he does, but rather than fact that he was a comrade of his and someone that he grew up with. Naruto being the way he is, he won't accept anyone turning to "the dark side" and will go out of his way to the point of making his own life hell in order to show them that peace and love are the answer. He'd probably be equally obsessed over Shikamaru, Neji, Lee, or anyone else if they had decided to defect instead. His big beef with Sasuke, and really the entire crux of their relationship, is that he sees Sasuke's superiority complex and aloofness as something that "gets in the way" of Naruto's idea of a good way of living, which is cooperation with and respect for others. Also, Sasuke was who he wanted to be for the majority of his early childhood, so seeing him waste all his talent on a loveless life for the purpose of revenge probably hit home for him. They also had a similar situation growing up, what with their parents being dead for most of their lives, so Naruto feels like Sasuke's betrayal isn't really justified, because Naruto could have easily walked down a path of hatred himself, but chose not to.

It's really less of a genuine friendship than it is Naruto upholding his ideals and taking issue with the decision of someone he looked up to and could relate to choosing a path he strongly disagrees with. Sasuke was also willing to sacrifice his life for Naruto at one point and showed signs of being a good friend and teammate in the Zabuza arc, so watching bad people poison his outlook on life is probably particularly enraging for Naruto.

Gaara is the true Naruto friend, people give Naruto shit for Talk No Jutsu but he saved Gaara, and he will never forget that. His Moon Genjutsu is also sad, because his perfect world is one when he knows Naruto sooner.

You can say that they barely had any interaction but I'll get onto that in the second quote.

I don't think it was Naruto and Sasuke's friendship in particular that makes Naruto chase after him the way he does, but rather than fact that he was a comrade of his and someone that he grew up with. Naruto being the way he is, he won't accept anyone turning to "the dark side" and will go out of his way to the point of making his own life hell in order to show them that peace and love are the answer. He'd probably be equally obsessed over Shikamaru, Neji, Lee, or anyone else if they had decided to defect instead. His big beef with Sasuke, and really the entire crux of their relationship, is that he sees Sasuke's superiority complex and aloofness as something that "gets in the way" of Naruto's idea of a good way of living, which is cooperation with and respect for others. Also, Sasuke was who he wanted to be for the majority of his early childhood, so seeing him waste all his talent on a loveless life for the purpose of revenge probably hit home for him. They also had a similar situation growing up, what with their parents being dead for most of their lives, so Naruto feels like Sasuke's betrayal isn't really justified, because Naruto could have easily walked down a path of hatred himself, but chose not to.

It's really less of a genuine friendship than it is Naruto upholding his ideals and taking issue with the decision of someone he looked up to and could relate to choosing a path he strongly disagrees with. Sasuke was also willing to sacrifice his life for Naruto at one point and showed signs of being a good friend and teammate in the Zabuza arc, so watching bad people poison his outlook on life is probably particularly enraging for Naruto.

I agree with you except that in my eyes it was a genuine friendship. It's just that the bulk of it happen off screen. We only see the Important moments, but they where together for a couple of years, bonded over life or dead situations, sure Hiruzen just put Sasuke and Naruto together because him as an Uchiha could control Kurama with his Sharingan if the worst comes to worse. But they care for each other.

At the valley of the end fight, Sasuke could had killed Naruto and awaken the MS but he didn't. He says it was just because of his pride but we know deep inside he cares about Naruto beyond anyone else.

Calvero

Banned
Gaara is the true Naruto friend, people give Naruto shit for Talk No Jutsu but he saved Gaara, and he will never forget that. His Moon Genjutsu is also sad, because his perfect world is one when he knows Naruto sooner.

\

oh man, i totally skipped this in my head. yeah, that was really sad.

shikamaru speaks fondly of Naruto in a way that is out of character for him. everything is troublesome to him, but when it comes to Naruto, even knowing his own character, he cares.

Frog-fu

Banned
The only time it apparently hasn't been in effect for a Jūbi Jinchūriki was before Obito was able to subjugate the Shinju.

What leads you to believe that their Onmyoton has been used arbitrarily? And what reason would Madara have not to use it when defending against Sasuke's Chidori Eisō?

Obito uses his negation ability through his Truth Seeking Balls, which Hiruzen already deduced to have a time limit, thus not a constant effect. When Obito got hit by that Rasengan-Amaterasu combo, he was covered in flames, which died down only when the TSBs returned to him.

As for why Madara hasn't used it, who knows, the guy got bisected and still didn't give a fuck because he got Kakashi's Sharingan out of it. He also had to become solid and take the hit in order to move to the other dimension. Perhaps he was simply mocking Sasuke like he mocked Ōnoki when he gave him that free shot? I gave up on trying to understand Madara's psyche.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Sage_Transformation#Senninka

Jūgo calls what Kabuto considered to be Sennin Mode, Senninka. Kabuto even alludes to it towards the beginning of his bout with the Uchiha siblings. You can argue that there's possibly a discrepancy in the degree of control over the natural energy each method draws forth(and consequently, the degree of power), but the fact remains that Senninka, and Jūinka have been referred to as types of Sennin Mode, and applications of Senjutsu.

Sage Mode and Sage Transformation one and the same. Of all the Sage Mode users, Kabuto is the only one that changes his body like that, and as we know already, Kabuto gathered the techniques of all of Orochimaru's notable subordinates, so that would include Jūgo.

The same wiki also, btw, states:
While these clansmen can absorb natural energy passively without being turned into a statue, as those who failed to learn senjutsu do, their bodies cannot control the immense power surges that accompany the transformation and as such, are prone to sporadically going berserk.

I'll agree that Sage Transformation is like a very unruly Sage Mode, unstable and less efficient, much like the Cursed Seal compared to actual senjutsu, but they are certainly not interchangeable as you would suggest.

Aberrant

The last couple of chapters have been better, but the whole war arc has sucked.

Curious to see if Obito will get a susano...

Kabuto is kind of a special case right, because he already had the Sage markings, fangs, giant snake, scales etc.. because transforming.

For all we know, Dragon Sage Mode just gives you eye markings and horns. Also he looked more human in sage mode than before, which was really bizarre.

Check chapter 514 final page, and in the next one, I forgot the page. But he looks almost like some odd centipede/centaur type of thing, he has lots of little legs. Instead of two human limbs.

Sai

Obito uses his negation ability through his Truth Seeking Balls, which Hiruzen already deduced to have a time limit, thus not a constant effect.
There are two powers at work with the Jūbi Jinchūriki's Gudōdama:
  • The combination of several different kinds of Nature Releases, allowing it to destroy everything it comes into contact with, akin to Mū and Ōnoki's Jinton.
  • And the application of Onmyōton that came into play after Obito's subjugation of the Jūbi, which negates all Ninjutsu.
I say that Onmyōton came after the subjugation, as it wasn't until that point that the irreparable damage to Edo Tensei began. Hiruzen, who analyzed the technique while having his upper torso destroyed, eventually regenerated. Tobirama's analysis infers that the Onmyōton was also responsible for nullifying Ninjutsu attacks that struck his body.

And the "time limit" you're referring to concerned the time in which Obito, before he was able to subjugate the Jubi, could apply Keitai Henka to the Gudōdama, not when Onmyōton was in effect.

When Obito got hit by that Rasengan-Amaterasu combo, he was covered in flames, which died down only when the TSBs returned to him.
As the Enton was being eradicated and dispersed by the Gudōdama. The Rasenshuriken/Kagutsuchi combination did no more than singe Obito's abdomen, while the Senjutsu-enhanced Rasengan pretty much bore a crater into Obito's back, and drew blood.

..but they are certainly not interchangeable as you would suggest.
'kay.

Curious to see if Obito will get a susano...
Based on what we know canonically, he shouldn't. Invoking Susanoō seems to necessitate the awakening of two distinct ocular powers; Itachi wielding Tsukuyomi & Amaterasu, Sasuke with Amaterasu & Kagutsuchi.

Having a Susanoō for Shisui designed by Kishimoto in the upcoming Storm Revolution has gotten everybody riled up by the prospect, as Shisui fits the same archtype as Obito—use of the same ocular power through both Mangekyō Sharingan. Issue is that it's not made clear if the decision to include Susanoō was based on the intel provided by Kishimoto for the game, or the liberties taken by CC2.

Itachi might be an exception and not the rule

Sasuke has two ocular powers that are pretty much the same shot. One has flames and the other controls them

Obito's eye has ''phasing'', warping and Kamui. That's good enough.

Madara never show an specific eye technique

Madara could use Susanoo without any eyes.

Heck was it every said that you needed to have a different ability in each eye in order to use susanoo, or where people speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom