• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai

Sasuke claimed that Susanoō was the "third" power available to those who awakened the powers of both Mangekyō Sharingan. The discrepancies we've seen from both Kamui and Kotoamatsukami could have been due to the compatibility between users, and how they were developed, rather than the eyes themselves. Amaterasu and Kagutsuchi revolve around the creation and manipulation of Enton, but still have a distinct purpose; representing two cornerstones of chakra control.

Limiting Susanoō's invocation to this criteria would also explain it's supposed rarity, if Obito and Shisui's possession of a singular ocular power represented the more common result of those who awakened the Mangekyō Sharingan.

And it seems that the eyes are only necessary to "awaken" Susanoō, explaining why we've seen it materialized when the eyes have been blinded(Itachi), blindfolded(Sasuke), or missing entirely(Madara, as you mentioned).

I liked the Sharingan better when it could only track movements and see chakra strains. An eyeball being able to summon giant samurais is stupid. And the Rasengan was cool too before it became Naruto's only attack.

Sai

I was okay with the Mangekyō Sharingan casting Ninjutsu like Kamui and Amaterasu; I mean, if it could cast chakra for Genjutsu, making it malleable for attack through a heightened form of the dōjutsu isn't that much of a stretch. And plus, they're still technically sight-based.

I even came to almost appreciate a technique like Izanagi since it pretty much costs them the eye from which it's cast.

Susanoō, I still haven't come to truly like.

I liked the Sharingan better when it could only track movements and see chakra strains. An eyeball being able to summon giant samurais is stupid. And the Rasengan was cool too before it became Naruto's only attack.
I agree about Susanoo and sort of agree about Rasengan. I say sort of because I think it was a good foundation and I like that Naruto created his own personal variations of it.

But yeah I love watching fights between other strong characters because I love seeing different kinds of high level jutsus being performed. Would be cool if Naruto did the same.

brinstar

I was okay with the Mangekyō Sharingan casting Ninjutsu like Kamui and Amaterasu; I mean, if it could cast chakra for Genjutsu, making it malleable for attack through a heightened form of the dōjutsu isn't that much of a stretch. And plus, they're still technically sight-based.

I even came to almost appreciate a technique like Izanagi since it pretty much costs them the eye from which it's cast.

I like the idea of Susanoo, and I liked it more when it using it had such a heavy cost and strain on the caster. Nowadays it can be manifested infinitely which bugs me because it's on par/more powerful than the tailed beasts.

I thought it was pretty broken when it predicted movements. Kishi had a raging hard on for the Sharingan and made it ridiculously overpowered.

Summoning a megazord is stupid.
Shooting out fireball out of your eyes was pretty ridiculous as well.

I thought it was pretty broken when it predicted movements. Kishi had a raging hard on for the Sharingan and made it ridiculously overpowered.

Summoning a megazord is stupid.
Shooting out fireball out of your eyes was pretty ridiculous as well.

I think the most stupid thing the Sharingan with was when Sasuke use it to see his cells and shit while fighting Deidara.

Sai

Not cells, but the countless microscopic C4 bombs that were flowing within his body.

And it wasn't actually all that clear if the view we were getting of those bombs were what Sasuke was seeing. He certainly knew that Deidara's bombs were within him, but could have simply been distinguishing the chakra they were emanating from his own.

Some have suggested that Sasuke's Ten no Jūin Lv2 state empowered his Sharingan's "Eye of Insight" to approach the Byakugan's level of telescopic, penetrating vision. But, I didn't buy that.

I remember when almost everybody thought that only the Byakugan could see chakra within the body, and the Mangekyō Sharingan could cast Genjutsu. So when we started getting more prominent examples of both from the Sharingan in Part 2, tons of readers were calling it BS.

Not cells, but the countless microscopic C4 bombs that were flowing within his body.

And it wasn't actually all that clear if the view we were getting of those bombs were what Sasuke was seeing. He certainly knew that Deidara's bombs were within him, but could have simply been distinguishing the chakra they were emanating from his own.

Some have suggested that Sasuke's Ten no Jūin Lv2 state empowered his Sharingan's "Eye of Insight" to approach the Byakugan's level of telescopic, penetrating vision. But, I didn't buy that.

I remember when almost everybody thought that only the Byakugan could see chakra within the body, and the Mangekyō Sharingan could cast Genjutsu. So when we started getting more prominent examples of both from the Sharingan in Part 2, tons of readers were calling it BS.

I rewatched the fight and it didn't looked like your typical Chakra vision, he saw in detail his cells and the nano bombs. So that means X-vision and Microscopic vision.

At least back then MS tech slowly made you blind. Kishi pulled a 180 on that sadly. Swapping a blind Sharingan gets you your vision back and better. I facepalmed so hard that chapter.

Don't forget seeing the color of Chakra.

Sai

I rewatched the fight and it didn't looked like your typical Chakra vision, he saw in detail his cells and the nano bombs. So that means X-vision and Microscopic vision.
Going by the manga. The usual sound effects associated with the Sharingan "reading" things wasn't present. And while the panels preceding and following the view we were getting of Sasuke's right arm were of him watching it intently, that still may not reflect exactly what Sasuke was seeing.

Regardless, the Sharingan already had to have some degree of penetrating vision to view the body's flow of chakra, which was already established. I just don't think it was actually to the degree that this particular example lead a bunch of people to believe.

Don't forget seeing the color of Chakra.
That wasn't new.

Going by the manga. The usual sound effects associated with the Sharingan "reading" things wasn't present. And while the panels preceding and following the view we were getting of Sasuke's right arm were of him watching it intently, that still may not reflect exactly what Sasuke was seeing.

Regardless, the Sharingan already had to have some degree of penetrating vision to view the body's flow of chakra, which was already established. I just don't think it was actually to the degree that this particular example lead a bunch of people to believe.

That wasn't new.

It was in that chapter. Sasuke seen the color the C4 bombs in the atmosphere. It was suppose to be invisible. Chapter 360.

Sai

It was in that chapter. Sasuke seen the color the C4 bombs in the atmosphere. It was suppose to be invisible. Chapter 360.
The bombs themselves were invisible, even to the Sharingan, but not the chakra they were emanating.

Sharingan's ability to see, and distinguish chakra had already been long established.

The bombs themselves were invisible, even to the Sharingan, but not the chakra they were emanating.

The Sharingan has always been able to see chakra.

The problem was that this is what Sasuke saw

C4_-_Bloodstream.jpg

That gave the Sharingan unexplained and out of nowhere X-ray vision that surpasses the byakugan and unparalleled Microscopic vision.

Sai

Yeah, I addressed that earlier. I think the anime took some liberties with that scene. Just like they had Sasuke seeing through Kage Bunshin at the Valley of the End.

Edit: Oh forget it.
Lol, I was about to throw excerpts from the Databook at you, a quote from Obito soon after he awoke his Sharingan, and breakdowns of the Sharingan's ability to copy "all manner of Ninjusu, Taijutsu, and Genjutsu".

Frog-fu

Banned
There are two powers at work with the Jūbi Jinchūriki's Gudōdama:
  • The combination of several different kinds of Nature Releases, allowing it to destroy everything it comes into contact with, akin to Mū and Ōnoki's Jinton.
  • And the application of Onmyōton that came into play after Obito's subjugation of the Jūbi, which negates all Ninjutsu.
I say that Onmyōton came after the subjugation, as it wasn't until that point that the irreparable damage to Edo Tensei began. Hiruzen, who analyzed the technique while having his upper torso destroyed, eventually regenerated. Tobirama's analysis infers that the Onmyōton was also responsible for nullifying Ninjutsu attacks that struck his body.

And the "time limit" you're referring to concerned the time in which Obito, before he was able to subjugate the Jubi, could apply Keitai Henka to the Gudōdama, not when Onmyōton was in effect.

As the Enton was being eradicated and dispersed by the Gudōdama. The Rasenshuriken/Kagutsuchi combination did no more than singe Obito's abdomen, while the Senjutsu-enhanced Rasengan pretty much bore a crater into Obito's back, and drew blood.

I don't know what any of this supposed to mean. The contention here is that ninjutsu is supposedly negated entirely at a constant level.

The combo attack by Naruto and Sasuke happened after the negation ability was in effect, i.e. after Obito took complete control of the Jūbi. Tobirama and Minato did an ol' switcheroo and managed to separate Obito from his TSBs.

We don't know whether the limits on TSBs' negation effect have been removed. Even the most powerful jutsu have drawbacks. I'd assume there are still limits to be considered.

The extent of damage of the attack is also not in contention and thus not relevant as I did not assert any comparison between ninjutsu and senjutsu. Obviously senjutsu is more effective, that is something we are outright told in the manga.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know, but once in a blue moon the author does this alternate dimension full color covers. While his writing could be better, Kishimoto is one of the greatest world builders of our generation, in one image he manage to make an entire story with goals, characters personality and all that stuff.

I wish I could find them, one has Naruto fighting mechanical robots, other the jinchuriki if they met each other and where an organization, one had Naruto growing up with his parents etc.. pretty neat.

Yeah but Sasuke was a douchebag, that's why Naruto woke up saved by the girl he loves, and two former villains he gave a second chances. And Naruto by a snake rapist that he was lucky his brother lobotomized with genjutsu.

They're called colour spreads

This one's from chapter 662
naruto_ch662_p002-003.jpg

jstripes

Banned

But all the cool kids have a summon. You don't want Sasuke to not be one of the cool kids, do you?

Yeah... That didn't happen
naruto-1569084.jpg

After that scene, Deidara reveals that was a clone and the real one emerges from the dragon. The clone turns into clay and traps Sasuke. Deidara uses C4 point blank and Sasuke uses his Sharingan to look into his cells/bloodstream.

Edit:

There we go!

361%20-%20Weakness&

361%20-%20Weakness&

Completely ridiculous.

But all the cool kids have a summon. You don't want Sasuke to not be one of the cool kids, do you?

Sasuke has a contract with both Snakes and Hawks. That should be enough.

Sai

I don't know what any of this supposed to mean. The contention here is that ninjutsu is supposedly negated entirely at a constant level.

The combo attack by Naruto and Sasuke happened after the negation ability was in effect, i.e. after Obito took complete control of the Jūbi. Tobirama and Minato did an ol' switcheroo and managed to separate Obito from his TSBs.

We don't know whether the limits on TSBs' negation effect have been removed. Even the most powerful jutsu have drawbacks. I'd assume there are still limits to be considered.

The extent of damage of the attack is also not in contention and thus not relevant as I did not assert any comparison between ninjutsu and senjutsu. Obviously senjutsu is more effective, that is something we are outright told in the manga.
What I was addressing was your claim of the negation being used arbitrarily, and the impression you were giving of it being tied to the Gudōdama alone—it wasn't.

It's not that Senjutsu was "more effective", it's that Senjutsu would be the only means of inflicting any harm with chakra-based attacks.

The reason I brought up the comparison between Naruto and Sasuke's combination attack was to drive that point home. As far as damage potential is concerned, it was overwhelmingly superior to that of the Rasengan that Naruto drilled into Obito's back. But it worked because Senjutsu is the J&#363;bi Jinch&#363;riki's weakness, not simply because Ninjutsu < Senjutsu.

Susano&#333; isn't a summon though—not an entity. It's a materialization of the Uchiha's chakra.

And as Winterfang mentioned, Sasuke already has contracts with both snakes and hawks. He's one of the few characters that has contracts with multiple summoned animals.

jstripes

Banned
Susano&#333; isn't a summon though—not an entity. It's a materialization of the Uchiha's chakra.

And as Winterfang mentioned, Sasuke already has contracts with both snakes and hawks. He's one of the few characters that has contracts with multiple summoned animals.

I guess I should have tagged my post with a /s.

Imposible for me as well to know it was sarcasm, though in retrospect is obvious LOL. Since people give shit to Sasuke since he got the hawk summoning contract completely out of his ass.

When Sasuke said his new team name was Hawk, the boss hawk immediately flew down to Sasuke and begged for the honor of starting a contract.

Everybody Loves Sasuke.

Sai

I hope they don't jump on y'all for those watermarks... :x

[EDIT] - ... Nobody caught that, right? Right? Good.

When Sasuke said his new team name was Hawk, the boss hawk immediately flew down to Sasuke and begged for the honor of starting a contract.

Everybody Loves Sasuke.

LOL, I imagine someone like that happening. I'm surprised he doesn't summon those ninja cats also.

Is there a compilation of these anywhere?

They are very rare, I don't think there's any other like those. Others are just minor alterations still happening in the same Naruto world.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
The TV show just got the 4 hokages back to life wow it is so behind

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Anime will go into 2016 and probably beyond, easily, even if the manga ends next year.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
After that scene, Deidara reveals that was a clone and the real one emerges from the dragon. The clone turns into clay and traps Sasuke. Deidara uses C4 point blank and Sasuke uses his Sharingan to look into his cells/bloodstream.

Edit:

There we go!

ch361_UK_Page_05.png

ch361_UK_Page_03.png

Completely ridiculous.

Sasuke has a contract with both Snakes and Hawks. That should be enough.

Oh yeah guess that's a bit of an over site/plot hole...
The better way would have been Sasuke noticing Derida's chakra in him but I guess that would be hard to illustrate.

Sharingan Hax continues.

Oh yeah guess that's a bit of an over site/plot hole...
The better way would have been Sasuke noticing Derida's chakra in him but I guess that would be hard to illustrate.

Sharingan Hax continues.

Even worse was that used ration on himself. He used electricity on his bloodstream and precisely pinpoint and destroyed/neutralized the nano bombs, without getting electrocuted. Add the Great snake escape into that and you get the the biggest asspull fight yet.

Sai

Even worse was that used ration on himself. He used electricity on his bloodstream and precisely pinpoint and destroyed/neutralized the nano bombs, without getting electrocuted.
He was electrocuted. It's why he came out of that looking so jacked up; that self-inflicted Chidori discharge hit deep.

That's probably what was actually happening.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
Even worse was that used ration on himself. He used electricity on his bloodstream and precisely pinpoint and destroyed/neutralized the nano bombs, without getting electrocuted. Add the Great snake escape into that and you get the the biggest asspull fight yet.

I think it did damage him. He says it took a big tole on him and he's barely even able to use any more attacks after that.
But yeah the end to that fight was BS. Sasuke magically manages to reactive sharingan, summon Manda (even though he had next to no chakra left), cast a genjustsu on him, jump inside and then de-summon within a split second...

Sai

Deidara was the one who assumed Sasuke was out of chakra. If he really was that low on chakra, and proceeded to do what he did, Orochimaru would have popped out like he did against Itachi, as Sasuke's chakra was keeping him suppressed.

I figured he collapsed after that Chidori Nagashi because of the damage he just sustained, and deactivated his Sharingan because of Deidara whining about it.

Being able to summon and cast Genjutsu on Manda in that scenario wasn't all that hard to swallow, actually getting into it's mouth when he could hardly move is—unless he ordered Manda to come to him instead...

I honestly don't remember that, it happened so long ago.

The worse part about the escape was that Suigetsu just happened to have an emergency summoning scroll with a bottle full of Sasuke's blood to summon him back in case of emergency. That was completely out of the blood.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

This image looks to me like it is zooming out progressively, and showing what is going on literally INSIDE Sasuke's eye. The fluid in his eye is swimming with the bombs. And since they're sharingan eyes, they're able to better sense their own contents. It's not that the eye is looking at another part of his body.

I can't really say that about the other page tho. It's conceivable that he is seeing "something" there, like the aforementioned "color," but not what we the readers are being shown in the panels.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I still think Naruto will end up doing some type of fusion justsu with sasuke, I mean if this was DBZ Naruto and a Sasuke fusion would of happen by now.

This image looks to me like it is zooming out progressively, and showing what is going on literally INSIDE Sasuke's eye. The fluid in his eye is swimming with the bombs. And since they're sharingan eyes, they're able to better sense their own contents. It's not that the eye is looking at another part of his body.

I can't really say that about the other page tho. It's conceivable that he is seeing "something" there, like the aforementioned "color," but not what we the readers are being shown in the panels.

Now that I think about it, I think I might had misplaced the order of the panels. The hand one is pretty obvious, he used X-ray vision.

Maddocks

the sharigan got a power up every time kimish felt it needed it. First it was just a simple copy thing then it got extreme when it went X-ray zoom. We could just assume it only had that power because Sasuke had the curse seal level 2 on and it enhanced it because he never used it like that again.

Or it could be that because its in black and white it would be hard for them to show you that he can see the changing of his chakra aura from what blue to yellow? I forgot what color they used for him and D at the time. So showing it in x-ray just helped the reader make the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom