• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroth

Naruto can regrow other peoples eyes, and stop people from dying, so i'm wondering why he can't regrow an arm here.

I'm thinking once his chakra comes back, he'll be fine.

Granted, the movie not yet showing Sasuke's arm makes me wonder if he chooses to keep it missing.

The regenerative ability was linked to Naruto's hand seal, which disappeared when he sealed Kaguya. And... it was on the arm that blew off, so I don't think he can simply regrow it.

Symbol_of_Harmony.png

Can never look at this the same way again.

Frog-fu

Banned
I've "accepted" it since the end of their first bout at the Valley of the End. Doesn't mean I have to actually like the manner in which it has played out before, and since that point.

It could have been done much better.

Kishi has admitted their friendship and development was half baked compared to what he wanted and that they come across a little crazy sometimes. It's perfectly normal to wish the payoff had been earned and not just an implication or 'read into it' scenario that the reader had to substitute in themselves.

The manga has it flaws, you might not like certain parts of it, I get it, but it's pretty obnoxious to still be whinging about it now though.

Will naruto be even able to do kage bunshin anymore? He can't do seals anymore, right?

Zetsu arm, brah. Sakura has done the research. I'm sure she and Yamato can fashion new limbs. It worked for Madara, should work for the Noodle and the Sauce.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Will naruto be even able to do kage bunshin anymore? He can't do seals anymore, right?

A) he can mold chakra with the Fox shroud and B) in the movie things he has a new arm and they show him doing Rasengan with it.

Heroman

Banned
The manga has it flaws, you might not like certain parts of it, I get it, but it's pretty obnoxious to still be whinging about it now though.

Zetsu arm, brah. Sakura has done the research. I'm sure she and Yamato can fashion new limbs. It worked for Madara, should work for the Noodle and the Sauce.

So we shouldnt complain about the biggest plot arc throughout he whole manga ?

I-hate-u

Have you seen anything that involves the movie

True

Aren't all the Zetsu's wiped out? Speaking of Yamato, he better be showing up in the epilogue.

A) he can mold chakra with the Fox shroud and B) in the movie things he has a new arm and they show him doing Rasengan with it.

Jigolo already shut me down, but Naruto can do a 1 hand Rasengan now.

Pein

Banned
It's going to be 10x better than the actual candy ass Shounen ending.

Believe it.

I'm gonna enjoy that sweet candy ass shonen ending.
Aren't all the Zetsu's wiped out? Speaking of Yamato, he better be showing up in the epilogue.

Jigolo already shut me down, but Naruto can do a 1 hand Rasengan now.

Orochimaru has access to 1 Zetsu left IIRC, when he activated the zetsu spores on sasuke there were 6, he used 4 for edo tensei and 1 for his body. If oroochimaru does have 1 left, it would be perfect since they can just take 1 arm each. It makes sense but I don't like the idea of Naruto or sasuke getting mokuton.

I still find Naruto and Sasuke's friendship too forced to be genuinely moved by moments like these. Maybe if Kishimoto had did a proper job of building up their relationship to something that even touches the boundaries of what Gon and Killua(from Hunter X Hunter) have, this would have been really amazing to me.

The fact that the manga's ending next week gets to me more.
I half agree. On one hand I get that. It has t really been shown a ton and they spend a lot of time apart but on the other hand I kind of like the angle that it's an unspoken bond. Something they've just always felt and had a connection. They're just brothers from another mother.

Maddocks

now that I can talk freely able it, beautiful chapter. In the end it didn't matter who was stronger or who was better it was just about two friends coming together.

I was wrong, I figured Sasuke was that dark evil guy who would never accept anyone and it turns out he can accept people. Just very slowly. Eventually he will see the complete faults in his ways and return to the village to help naruto, but I think in the movie he's going to do some soul searching and show up to help because his quest is competed.

Bring on the ending, I'm ready for the final 2.

I-hate-u

I'm gonna enjoy that sweet candy ass shonen ending.

Orochimaru has access to 1 Zetsu left IIRC, when he activated the zetsu spores on sasuke there were 6, he used 4 for edo tensei and 1 for his body. If oroochimaru does have 1 left, it would be perfect since they can just take 1 arm each. It makes sense but I don't like the idea of Naruto or sasuke getting mokuton.

Didn't Juugo absorb the sixth one?

Heroman

Banned
I half agree. On one hand I get that. It has t really been shown a ton and they spend a lot of time apart but on the other hand I kind of like the angle that it's an unspoken bond. Something they've just always felt and had a connection. They're just brothers from another mother.
A unspoken bond can't work fir what kishi is trying to tell.You are supose to feel sad but since they barely have bff moments it makes it hard for me and others to care.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
A unspoken bond can't work fir what kishi is trying to tell.You are supose to feel sad but since they barely have bff moments it makes it hard for me and others to care.
Only time was when they were climbing trees. Otherwise it's been either one bailing the other out, or them at each others throats

Ponn

Banned
ok so i was kinda thinking something like this would happened since they never showed Sasuke's other arm in that early art released plus Naruto's wrapped arm. I guess I just didn't think they would go through with it for some reason or drag it out for a whole chapter. Like some buddy cheesy action movie with both guys bonding laying in blood afterwards laughing. As unrelenting and assholish Sasuke has been, for like forever, this turn is a bit unrealistic and reminds me of a WWE heel to face turn. I swear if Sakura shows up next chapter and Sasuke reaches up with his good hand and caresses her face and says something sappy i'm going to pitch a fit.

Side note, it would fucking hilarious if Akimaru appears out of nowehere and starts playing fetch and gnawing on their arms.

Sai

Perhaps you just happened to see our comments after a string of similar complaints in other Naruto fan communities? That's the only good reason I can think of as to why you would even find what we said obnoxious.

I believe that's the first time I've ever voiced any complaint about their relationship as "best friends"... Anywhere. Even the 10+ years I've spent at NF.

Pein

Banned
That tree moment was cool as fuck , if they had like 30 more moments like that than I could see them being bff.

I keep saying this but Kishi needed at least a year or two of team 7 doing more missions like the land of waves arc. Show them learning to walk on water, training with weapons, going to different countries and showing why the shinobi world needed change.

Naruto should have learned wind techs from Kakashi the same damn time as sasuke using raiton.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I keep saying this but Kishi needed at least a year or two of team 7 doing more missions like the land of waves arc. Show them learning to walk on water, training with weapons, going to different countries and showing why the shinobi world needed change.

Naruto should have learned wind techs from Kakashi the same damn time as sasuke using raiton.

Agreed. The team/mission structure was really never taken advantage of.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

The time between the land of waves arc and the chuunin exams is probably the biggest timeskip in the series outside of the 2 year timeskip after the sasuke retrieval arc. First team 7 returns from its first mission as beginner ninja (genin), then suddenly chuunin (intermediate ninja rank) exams begin.

Sai

The time between the land of waves arc and the chuunin exams is probably the biggest timeskip in the series outside of the 2 year timeskip after the sasuke retrieval arc.
I didn't get the impression that all that much time passed between those two points; no more than what time transpired immediately after the Oto/Suna attack on Konoha. Rather, it seemed as though they were just starting to get their bearings after that mission, and I think it was emphasized that Kakashi was throwing them into the fray for Chūnin promotion too fast.

I do agree that there should have been a bit more adventure before the standard shōnen "tournament arc" came through. I don't know what Naruto's ratings were at the time, but he may not have had much of a choice in the matter.. Had it been allowed to play out that way though, it would've provided some wonderful opportunities to properly portray the strengthening of that bond.

Whoa, shit was intense, I didn't see it coming at all. I guess now the Sauce is a good dude again. I honestly think that the villagers will not eat this bullshit up just like with Madara, and Sasuke will peacefully leave the village and live like a pretty strong hobo forever.
I liked the conclusion to the fight, but they still come out as sexually repressed,mentally disturbed individuals on the verge of death.

Pein

Banned
Whoa, shit was intense, I didn't see it coming at all. I guess now the Sauce is a good dude again. I honestly think that the villagers will not eat this bullshit up just like with Madara, and Sasuke will peacefully leave the village and live like a pretty strong hobo forever.
I liked the conclusion to the fight, but they still come out as sexually repressed,mentally disturbed individuals on the verge of death.

the villagers will think of him as a hero probably, he stopped the edo tensei and helped stop Madara and Obito. They don't know sasuke was gonna end the kage.

Maddocks

Ah more proof that amaterasu is completely useless, even added on to chidori it couldn't even beat a normal ass rasengan, smh.

That big ass explosion proved it was not a normal rasengan, that was a rasengan filled with the 9 tails chakra, his remaining, and this is a beat that was said to be limitless, that was a powerfull ass rasengan.

Holy shit at the ending. I'm legit shook that my boy The Sauce finally opened his heart to Naruto.

It was a long, long time coming, but still managed to shock. And their appendages. I'm sure that's an easy fix, even if it isn't, who the fuck will even think about fucking with them at this point? They are literally gods in this post war world.

The kages are simps in the truest sense of the word next the likes of The Sauce and Naruto. Ain't nobody presenting a challenge.

It's understandable why the decision was made to end the manga at this point, there's literally no-one left to challenge these boys apart from themselves and they done blew their arms off to show just how much in love they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom