• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddocks

I know this isn't the thread for it, but what's happening in Bleach these days?

Is that war still going on? Have they shown the soul king? Is Aizen still repping?

The war is still going, they showed what he looks like only once and he didn't talk or do anything. Aizen is still in prison and has only been talked about once.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I get these for my desk if I could get them for a good price.
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/4dd97a869bdf3564908d115344f9218a/tumblr_ne7yywLDaU1s1rjx1o2_1280.jpg[/IMG]

Sakura is Queen, NaruSaku confirmed
2z7exox.png

orochi91

No it not. There have been some pretty sad shit I have read in Shonen that would be way sadder than Sasuke dying.

I would personally love an ending where Sasuke died in the manner Astral described, but man I'd be devastated.

He's the best character in the series.

We already knew he was jealous of Naruto. At least he finally admits it to Naruto, but

but

He's still an international criminal who wanted to solve all of everyone's problems with mass murder and that sort of needs to be addressed.

I-hate-u

Tears of joy.

Beautiful chapter.

He is :'D

Yep. When he said' When you hurt I would hurt too" I was like damn!

Like a bi—er, I mean, yes... Yes, he's crying. :p

I didn't even notice it until the 5th time I read it. This chapter keeps getting better and better

He's the best character in the series.
Kakashi is absolutely the best character in the manga, breh.

I didn't feel right translating this phrase. I had a talk with some of the other editors, and it seems this phrase isn't as well known as I thought it was. I'm wondering how many of you remember it?

During the early days of Naruto, every character had a catchphrase or a "bit". Naruto ended everything with "dattebayo", Sakura would get angry and add "shannaro" to phrases, Shikimaru called everything "mendokusai" or annoying/bothersome, Lee and Guy talked about "Seishun" or Springtime of Youth all the time, Kakashi read his erotica, etc. Sasuke's was calling Naruto "Usura-tonkachi".

This word is specific to the Naruto series and specific to Sasuke. Literally, it means a "thin hammer" or a frail hammer or something like that... which as you can imagine, would be pretty useless. "Usura-baka" is an expression, just meaning some version of idiot. A "hammer" kind of has a connotation of being heavy and useless as well (you can really only grab it and swing it into things... it's jut a heavy object on a stick, otherwise).

It was my impression that this was well known among the fandom, but perhaps it just stuck out to me?Regardless, Sasuke calling Naruto this name here, especially at the point he does it, is really meaningful for all these reasons. I don't know if I can pick out the last time Sasuke called him this name. It might have been while mocking him during one of their showdowns after he had already left Konoha. But here, he's obviously taking it back to their old childish bickering and kind of extending the olive branch to Naruto by calling him that.

This was meant to show their relationship repairing and coming back to life, and no other word would have meant as much so there's no way I could have translated it to just some insult.If you already knew the word, I'm sure you knew what it meant to the series. Was it really as known as I thought, or is this the first you're all hearing it?

Aw, look. Their blood is in the shape of a heart. End this damned manga already.

orochi91

Guys, NO.

I am NOT Sawyer7mage lol

But I am subscribed to him.

Please remember to thumbs up and subscribe.

It really helps him out :3

Cause anime is made to be cheap.
Well obito was cool before he became a emo kid
haha callback humor

Also Itachi is best character followed by kakashi followed by Gai
It weird how Itachi went from being a hated to character to the Best unchiha. He is aslo in mine best list, With gai , Kill bee Kakashi,.[/QUOTE]
I always liked Itachit even when he was evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom