• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm betting it's all a swerve. Naruto probably wears Sakura's scarf as well in the movie. And he is probably talking to Hinata because it's her sister that was taken and Naruto is going to try to get her back. No shipping confirmation yet.

Stop freaking out about Kakashi being Hokage! We could still get Hokage Naruto in a timeskip epilogue.

Also, if the manga doesn't show us any canon pairings by the end, this movie won't matter much.

Next week shall be the decider on both fronts.

Village

If Hokage isn't outright offered to Naruto on a silver fucking platter after the shit he's done, fuck Kishimoto.

The only Kakashi should be allowed to become Hokage is if Naruto turns it down for whatever reason.

I will say it again

Goku is a cool dude, but I don't want this dude running a country.

I will say it again

but naruto wouldn't be running the country alone. His main job would be to protect the village and there isn't anyone better.

ANYWAY I'm sure we will see him as hokage one day through a time skip or something.

Frog-fu

Banned
Obviously nothing's confirmed yet and we have a week left till the manga's end to see if that side of the story gets wrapped up, but don't be surprised NH fans are cheerful. Hinata is going to be main part of the movie, and what is she mainly connected to? That's right, NH. Not to mention that stupid scarf theory is turning into a reality :lmao Meanwhile Sakura is barely to be seen, and the only thing NS have from the promos are the narrators thoughts.

They have every reason to be happy, but declaring any pairing as canon based on the scraps of info we got is obviously nonsensical.

http://artemisaaamoon.tumblr.com/post/101334041432/sorry-my-english-is-not-very-good-winter

both Sakura and Hinata go shopping for winter holiday gifts; Nardo has a couple of scarves, apparently

LEL

I get the sense this is going to have a really obnoxious love triangle subplot.

I'm betting it's all a swerve. Naruto probably wears Sakura's scarf as well in the movie. And he is probably talking to Hinata because it's her sister that was taken and Naruto is going to try to get her back. No shipping confirmation yet.

Maybe. He does have blue one in it as well. I'm still confidently on the NaruSaku boat.

I'm sure he does. I'd be surprised if he didn't. Even Kakashi warships Naruto these days just like everyone else. He'll probably say he is just keeping the seat warm.

Pretty much this. There is no reason for Naruto not be given the position unless he thinks it's not the right time. Otherwise, it's just nonsense.

Yup it is a cop out. Kishi literally promised Naruto the Hokage seat for ages, doesn't guve him it.

It definitely is a cop out. The story couldn't keep going if Naruto was Hokage since that would mean they'd have a lot less flexibility.

Stop freaking out about Kakashi being Hokage! We could still get Hokage Naruto in a timeskip epilogue.

Also, if the manga doesn't show us any canon pairings by the end, this movie won't matter much.

Next week shall be the decider on both fronts.

We know Naruto will become Hokage, that's set in stone, but there better be a good fucking reason why Kakashi becomes when A) he's never had an interest in it, B) becoming Hokage has been Naruto's dream since he was a kid, b) Naruto saved the world and should get to achieve his dream already.

I'm hoping the pairings will be resolvedin 699-700, but I'm not counting on it.

I will say it again

Goku cared about protecting his friends and fighting strong enemies.

Naruto has ambitions beyond that. Give him more credit.

Village

but naruto wouldn't be running the country alone. His main job would be to protect the village and there isn't anyone better.

ANYWAY I'm sure we will see him as hokage one day through a time skip or something.

Tacticians, economists, ect.

Naruto is masahiro sakurai, masahiro sakurai does not and should not run nintendo. Just summon him when you wanna do dope shit

Goku cared about protecting his friends and fighting strong enemies.

Naruto has ambitions beyond that. Give him more credit.

I have no idea about that, but whatever you get from naruto is you man.

Like the possiblity is there, but that would require kishimoto to pull all this shit together in such a way that references something rather serious. But he wont, it will be about freindship and getting sasuke back. Who ironically enough, is the character that does the thing I am alluding to.

So, Sakura went shopping with Hinata.

Naruto has multiple scarves, one red, one blue.

Shippers going crazy.

Studio Perriot playing pairing fans like a fiddle.

ghstwrld

tumblr_ne9bseYuGl1rb8dpoo1_500.png

(¬‿¬)

Frog-fu

Banned
I have no idea about that, but whatever you get from naruto is you man.

Like the possiblity is there, but that would require kishimoto to pull all this shit together in such a way that references something rather serious. But he wont, it will be about freindship and getting sasuke back. Who ironically enough, is the character that does the thing I am alluding to.

I cba to go through the effort of pointing out all the instances Naruto indicated he has ambitions go beyond becoming Hokage, but this is literally from the last chapter.
Code:
[IMG]http://111.imagebam.com/download/MC6fSiaT51hqz_ZExzgndg/36113/361121756/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-30%20at%2013.34.49.png[/IMG]

Naruto knows the shinobi world is fucked up. He's knows about the cycle of hatred. He knows something needs to change.

So, Sakura went shopping with Hinata.

Naruto has multiple scarves, one red, one blue.

Shippers going crazy.

Studio Perriot playing pairing fans like a fiddle.

The full length trailers are going to induce hysteria. I'm pissed off this means we probably we won't get an conclusive epilogue on the manga though. I think that's really shitty.

I do like some of the theories that believe Sakura is encouraging Hinata to pursue Naruto. She might, but the manga has made it pretty clear she doesn't ship NaruHina as some would hope.
Code:
chapter 442
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/98e505f0fec619e7641629096ebbf20b/tumblr_inline_ne9dkfplmN1sz9pj5.png[/IMG]
chapter 615 - when Naruto and Hinata held hands
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/fa3a2a08f6ab81a9ab61817099350f37/tumblr_inline_ne9dldqBbz1sz9pj5.png[/IMG]

This gurl is selfish.

damisa

The fact is that Sakura knew for a long time that Hinata likes Naruto and during that entire time she was still in love in Sasuke.

So what exactly do you expect Sakura to do in the next chapter or movie?
"Sorry Hinata I know you've loved Naruto for years and I've loved Sasuke for years, but it's in my contract to love winners, and since Naruto beat Sasuke I've shifted my love to him. Sucks to be you..."

That will go over well with the fans.

How does it apply to Naruto? Who does he have to apologize to if he decides to go with Hinata? Nobody.

Sakura will likely be happy for both him and Hinata

Sorry that's bullshit.

You can't say Naruto will be a silver medal to Sasuke if he gets with Sakura and then turn around and say Hinata, WHO BY YOUR OWN DEFINITION, wouldn't be a silver medal for Naruto since he couldn't get Sakura.

That's blatant hypocrisy.

We literally had a chapter weeks ago showing how much Sakura loves Sasuke (to which Sasuke knocks her out). We know that Hinata still loves Naruto.

We don't know how Naruto or Sasuke feel. I think its pretty obvious where its going though if Kishi goes though with it.

The silver medal, rebound arguments were always hypocritical. If it goes for one pairing, then it goes for the others too, since all of them are (were, depending how you view Naruto's stance in this) painfully one sided.

Frog-fu

Banned
We literally had a chapter weeks ago showing how much Sakura loves Sasuke (to which Sasuke knocks her out). We know that Hinata still loves Naruto.

We don't know how Naruto or Sasuke feel. I think its pretty obvious where its going though if Kishi goes though with it.

We also had Sasuke shooting that shit down and Kakashi, for the second time, speaking on Sakura's intentions.
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/7d322d1e08bb55ca5752bd051638a461/tumblr_inline_ncoe7i7qgB1sz9pj5.png[/IMG]
(pulled this off tumblr but I think it's the Viz translation, i.e. official)

On top of that, we had the return of Naruto's promise, which was holding him back from confessing to Sakura. Though she knows how he feels, she's never heard him say it, which is probably why it was easier for them to pretend there was nothing going on, despite what certain reactions and interactions implied.
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/1132f882ec24e94f5524d8a7df940650/tumblr_inline_ncj5cnRv5d1sz9pj5.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/6f07b6cb914e8a4bf9ef8bb96a6e11eb/tumblr_inline_ncj5xv86eZ1sz9pj5.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/12b555c3f1daf10620c63e016dbc591b/tumblr_inline_ncj5ycXjHa1sz9pj5.png[/IMG]

Lastly, in 698, Sasuke made it clear once again how he doesn't give a fuck about anyone not named Uzumaki Naruto.

So.. WHERE IS ANKO?

Boning Yamato.

Probably in a cocoon.

Just because Sakura's priority is to save Sasuke, doesn't mean she doesn't love him lmao The context is what matters. She said she loves him. And this also goes well with what Kakashi said when he recalled chapter 4. That she still likes him, though that changed (aka matured) and she wants to save him.

Both girls are madly in love with the boys. In Hinata's case she determined to get Naruto, while Sakura for now only wants Sasuke to be saved and return. We don't know where Naruto stands, since he hasn't talked about his love life since the Sai flashback. Maybe he still loves Sakura, or Kishi phased out his love silently after the fake confession happened. No one knows.

We also had Sasuke shooting that shit down and Kakashi, for the second time, speaking on Sakura's intentions.

On top of that, we had the return of Naruto's promise, which was holding him back from confessing to Sakura. Though she knows how he feels, she's never heard him say it, which is probably why it was easier for them to pretend there was nothing going on, despite what certain reactions and interactions implied.

Lastly, in 698, Sasuke made it clear once again how he doesn't give a fuck about anyone not named Uzumaki Naruto.

Boning Yamato.

Probably in a cocoon.

I don't know why you have to refer to Kakashi lol. I rather believe what Sakura has to say about her feelings that what Kakashi has to say about what Sakura said :)

From 698 its evident that Sasuke deeply cared for Team 7 but he hated that for stupid reasons.

Frog-fu

Banned
Just because Sakura's priority is to save Sasuke, doesn't mean she doesn't love him lmao The context is what matters. She said she loves him. And this also goes well with what Kakashi said when he recalled chapter 4. That she still likes him, though that changed (aka matured) and she wants to save him.

Both girls are madly in love with the boys. In Hinata's case she determined to get Naruto, while Sakura for now only wants Sasuke to be saved and return. We don't know where Naruto stands, since he hasn't talked about his love life since the Sai flashback. Maybe he still loves Sakura, or Kishi phased out his love silently after the fake confession happened. No one knows.

Sakura loves Sasuke, that is undeniable. I am not arguing to the contrary at all. What I am pointing to is the fact it's the second time Kakashi spoke on her feelings. Why would Kishi have wasted panels on that if it meant nothing? Sakura could still love Sasuke but choose not to pursue him romantically, that's what I'm basically getting at.

There's nothing to suggest Naruto doesn't love Sakura. I think their interactions and the way Sakura has been thinking of him is telling enough that there is something there or that there possibly could be.

Yado

I think it's more likely that Naruto will be with Hinata when it's all said and done tbh. The way Hinata's character has been written makes it pretty obvious she would have nothing in the end if she doesn't get Naruto. Sakura's character could be with Sasuke or she could be single and that would be fine, she could dedicate her life to medicine or whatever. Hinata doesn't really have any ambitions that don't revolve around Naruto.

Sakura loves Sasuke, that is undeniable. I am not arguing to the contrary at all. What I am pointing to is the fact it's the second time Kakashi spoke on her feelings. Why would Kishi have wasted panels on that if it meant nothing? Sakura could still love Sasuke but chose not to pursue him romantically, that's what I'm basically getting at.

There's nothing to suggest Naruto doesn't love Sakura. I think their interactions and the way Sakura has been thinking of him is telling enough that there is something there or that there possibly could be.

Sakura is a kind girl and her love is something Kishi wants to portray as noble. That's why he had Kakashi talk about it.

And I agree that I think Naruto still loves Sakura, but Kishi hasn't exactly talked about it for years save for the GF comment, which people brush off cuz comedy.

How much time has passed between the manga ending and movie?

2-3 years.

I think it's more likely that Naruto will be with Hinata when it's all said and done tbh. The way Hinata's character has been written makes it pretty obvious she would have nothing in the end if she doesn't get Naruto. Sakura's character could be with Sasuke or she could be single and that would be fine, she could dedicate her life to medicine or whatever. Hinata doesn't really have any ambitions that don't revolve around Naruto.

This is sadly true. Hinata had other things about her in part 1, but part 2? "Naruto-kun! Naruto-kun! Naruto-kun!"

And you think that's a net positive for her character....WHY exactly?

This is exactly why I can't stand her. She literally has no personality, when you take Naruto out of the equation.

Pein

Banned
why all the controversy over Kakashi becoming hokage? Its not like Naruto doesn't need some time to live his life and do some normal stuff, he's been training, doing missions and fighting for the past 5 years.

Let Kakashi do it and then he can retire at 40 and take over the icha icha series.

Kakashi Looks dope, y'all are haters

Yado

This is exactly why I can't stand her. She literally has no personality, when you take Naruto out of the equation.

I don't think it's a positive but it is what it is, lol.

As poorly as Sakura has been written I would be ok with her being single because I can see her doing something else with her life other than being hitched to a man. What's Hinata gonna do?

Pein

Banned
I don't think it's a positive but it is what it is, lol.

As poorly as Sakura has been written I would be ok with her being single because I can see her doing something else with her life other than being hitched to a man. What's Hinata gonna do?

This true, Ino and Sakura have uses outside of fighting, Hinata has been naruto crazy and has no other goals besides Naruto.

Khezu

Well Hinata is clearly the best choice out of Sakura and her.

Hinata and Naruto will produce some fugly kids.

That's why he needs to get with Ino, and make some beautiful blond babies.

Village

The net positive is not sakura

Naruto could end up with itachi's corpse via Orochimaru resurection, just not sakura.

Nah b, this anime, They gonna have two toned hair and shit.

Pein

Banned

Too hax, can you imagine a talk no jutsu that bypasses everything and goes straight in to your mind?

Also Sai and Ino is gonna happen.

Frog-fu

Banned
Sakura is a kind girl and her love is something Kishi wants to portray as noble. That's why he had Kakashi talk about it.

And I agree that I think Naruto still loves Sakura, but Kishi hasn't exactly talked about it for years save for the GF comment, which people brush off cuz comedy.

That's fair enough.,The way I see it though, with Kakashi thinking Sakura's feelings have changed in 675 (presumably from romantic to something else) and then outright saying she wasn't trying to be with him in the way in 693 has me thinking she is no longer pursuing him. Since Sasuke arrived on the battlefield, she's been showing fake smiles and having depressed thoughts, etc. More over, the frustration in 693 was palpable, and the fact Sasuke really only cares about Naruto makes it hard for me to believe those two will end up together, and if SasuSaku ain't happening, I don't see how NaruSakura won't, not when the promise has been fulfilled.

Naruto never actually referred to Sakura as his girlfriend, which is why I find the "it was comedy" argument weak. He told his dad she was basically it, which I took to mean he was interested in her in that way but they weren't actually together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom