• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
Yes, which we basically just read in the arc before with Nagato. I'm just saying I found it to be repetitive. I don't think Kishimoto did everything he could've with the character, and I don't think what happened in the manga was worth dragging Obito's name through the mud.

Maybe if he fleshed Rin out more, and their relationship I dunno. Maybe if he explored the anxieties of someone as good-natured as Obito running Akatsuki, like how he felt, or what it was like keeping up this persona behind the mask. Was it hard for him to learn all the insane jutsu he had to in order to pull this stuff off? We know Obito is not a smart guy, was it tough for him to adapt? Stuff like that, I think would've made him a more interesting villain.

Totally understand where you're coming from, and I don't necessarily disagree with you, though Obito was, evidently, a late bloomer like Naruto, and by the time he came to run Akatsuki, the old good natured Obito was long gone. That Obito was cold, calculative and only cared about seeing the Moon's Eye Plan to fruition, and while he didn't succeed in the end, he was manipulating villages from the shadows for decades. He was undeniably an accomplished villain.

The Byakugan is the Amaterasu of dōjutsu.
QcqQxdV.gif

That's not fair bro, Amateratsu final feat, was blowing Sasuke's arm off LOL.

Frog-fu

Banned
It not bullshit he goes isane casue rin died. You can say it was madara plan all you want but he could not have just not gone insane. For all the bs he does it not a good reason. There are tons of character who have experienced that and worst who have not gone insane. And you wouldm have a ponit if he had forgotten about her but he didint after the reveal he goes on constantly about rin.

Well it clearly is bullshit if you're ignorant of the facts, which you've proven yourself to be.

Rin was never the reason he did anything, it was the root cause.

Everything Obito did was to carry out the Moon's Eye Plan.

Obito wanted to carry out the Moon's Eye Plan because he believed the shinobi world was diseased and corrupt beyond saving.

He believed this because Madara told him, and he believed Madara because he was broken.

Obito was broken because of Rin's death.

Deep down Obito always knew what he was doing, despite his rationalisations, was wrong, and that's why he never forgot about Rin. How could he have? It was her death that drove him over the edge, he couldn't forget that any more than Nagato could forget Yahiko, or Orochimaru could forget his parents - this goes for all villains in the manga we know enough about to understand their downfall.

Whatever, I've had this argument far too many times to expect much of it, so you believe what you want to believe.

That's not fair bro, Amateratsu final feat, was blowing Sasuke's arm off LOL.

oh-snap.gif

Heroman

Banned
Yes, which we basically just read in the arc before with Nagato. I'm just saying I found it to be repetitive. I don't think Kishimoto did everything he could've with the character, and I don't think what happened in the manga was worth dragging Obito's name through the mud.

Maybe if he fleshed Rin out more, and their relationship I dunno. Maybe if he explored the anxieties of someone as good-natured as Obito running Akatsuki, like how he felt, or what it was like keeping up this persona behind the mask. Was it hard for him to learn all the insane jutsu he had to in order to pull this stuff off? We know Obito is not a smart guy, was it tough for him to adapt? Stuff like that, I think would've made him a more interesting villain.

For Obito to work he needed a better reason to become what he becomes.There needed a arc where he goes around seeing the worst the ninja world had to offer. Aslo Rin and Obtio need to have a real relationship., they need to love the fuck out of each other and needed to be older so rin could have a kid who died along with her to push him over the edge.

They have no reason not too. I'm sure Naruto is one of the biggest money makers in all of anime for the company. I'm sure they could have really high production if they wanted to. They cheap out on the episodes now (which I don't mind) but there is no excuse if they do for 8 gates Gai, Kaguya fight, or Naruto vs. Sasuke 2.

Speaking of the anime, at the pace we're going at now how many episodes are left approximately? Assuming there are no fillers (which there shouldn't be anymore).

Someone estimated late spring for an ending (with no breaks), which worries me. That fight (if done properly) is going to be a nightmare to animate at the current schedule. Hell, even getting to the fight a year from now would still seem like a rushed turnaround. Ideally I'd hope they let the directing animators really dig into the final battle and aim for a finale to the anime in spring of 2016.

People shit on Pierrot for their inconsistent quality, but there is no studio in existence that could carry a year-round shonen on this scale at that speed at any better quality. Your Madhouse/Production I.G./KyoAni/etc, would all crumble trying to keep pace animating this wacko war. My hope is they properly schedule and collaborate with neighboring studios and key animators to prioritize Gai VS Jinchuriki Madara, (some) of Naruto + Sasuke VS Kaguya, and of course the final battle.

There was some excellent planning for Sasuke VS Oro, Lee VS Gaara, and Oro VS Hiruzen during the chunnin exams that produced some really great fights. Hoping it works out the same for the finale. I find it hard to believe they'd skimp out on the big finish.

The thing with Obito is, I didn't buy Rin being his trigger.

Oro's trigger being his parents was only implied not confirmed but yeah they're his damn parents, no shit that would change him. Nagato, Konan, and Yahiko were shown to be best of friends, Nagato was also portrayed as weak-willed and easily coerced from the start, I can buy his trigger. Sasuke lost his family and clan who he loved so much, yeah I can buy him being crazy. Same with Madara and Izuna and so on and so on.

Rin and Obito suffer from similar problems as Sasuke and Naruto, I don't buy it that their relationship was so damn close that Rin dying could break a strong willed character like Obito so utterly. The only thing we saw of them was a sweet young friendship and schoolboy crush that wasn't reciprocated.

Now if Obito was portrayed as having some unhealthy obession with Rin(him kissing her photo would've been a good way to start dwn that path) then I would've bought it. As it stands I don't feel Rin being his trigger was earned in the same way I don't feel Sasuke and Naruto's relationship as portrayed in this chapter was earned.

Also Obito looks he just flipped a switch, he never seemed to struggle with his new path after Rin died, it's like he just went full on baby-killing mode, he really really needed to be fleshed out.

For Obito to work he needed a better reason to become what he becomes.There needed a arc where he goes around seeing the worst the ninja world had to offer. Aslo Rin and Obtio need to have a real relationship., they need to love the fuck out of each other and needed to be older so rin could have a kid who died along with her to push him over the edge.

A good character could had made you buy his stupid reason. Like a cool Obito can pull up that he hates the ninja world, not because Kakashi killed rin, not because he let her die, not because she died, but because she dies after he gave his life already for her. Which made his sacrifice in vain, he didn't made the world better, little kids are still fighting wars and dying because of the way the ninja world works, it needs to be rebuild from the core.

But he just seemed like a person with an obsession, radicalized by Madara

Heroman

Banned
The thing with Obito is, I didn't buy Rin being his trigger.

Oro's trigger being his parents was only implied not confirmed but yeah they're his damn parents, no shit that would change him. Nagato, Konan, and Yahiko were shown to be best of friends, Nagato was also portrayed as weak-willed and easily coerced from the start, I can buy his trigger. Sasuke lost his family and clan who he loved so much, yeah I can buy him being crazy. Same with Madara and Izuna and so on and so on.

Rin and Obito suffer from similar problems as Sasuke and Naruto, I don't buy it that their relationship was so damn close that Rin dying could break a strong willed character like Obito so utterly. The only thing we saw of them was a sweet young friendship and schoolboy crush that wasn't reciprocated.

Now if Obito was portrayed as having some unhealthy obession with Rin(him kissing her photo would've been a good way to start dwn that path) then I would've bought it. As it stands I don't feel Rin being his trigger was earned in the same way I don't feel Sasuke and Naruto's relationship as portrayed in this chapter was earned.

Also Obito looks he just flipped a switch, he never seemed to struggle with his new path after Rin died, it's like he just went full on baby-killing mode, he really really needed to be fleshed out.
THis is how I feel he doesnt have a good enough reason for why he does the stuff he does.
A good character could had made you buy his stupid reason. Like a cool Obito can pull up that he hates the ninja world, not because Kakashi killed rin, not because he let her die, not because she died, but because she dies after he gave his life already for her. Which made his sacrifice in vain, he didn't made the world better, little kids are still fighting wars and dying because of the way the ninja world works, it needs to be rebuild from the core.

But he just seemed like a person with an obsession, radicalized by Madara

A cool obito wouldnt have not done all the shit he has done. It just makes him way worst than he already is.

Frog-fu

Banned
You guys aint ready for that naruto/hinata offspring:

I honestly can't help but think Naruto having kids with any kind of dōjutsu is so not Naruto. This could work though.
Code:
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/f51c51e09f3760e9b4ab9ea5d992ebc9/tumblr_ndbx988YSM1tyz62ko2_r1_400.png[/IMG]

Though I'd much prefer this one.
Code:
[IMG]https://41.media.tumblr.com/ec8557c23b7e4cb5fc232562a9ef549a/tumblr_nbwurbI6ai1tyz62ko2_500.jpg[/IMG]

Naruto and Sakura's son, who's a bit more studious than his old man and a bit smarter in general.

Looks like Naruto got cuckolded by The Sauce

Damn, lol.

My friend recommended this to me a couple weeks ago and I'm enjoying it. How is the anime?

ANIME

Toriko ANIME

Toei

DDDDDDDDDD:

Edit: Well you can watch it up to the Honor Temple Arc

The anime has a filler character called Tina plus the budget effects the animation.... it is also censored beyond belief and has a fake ending

So the trailer for Thursday is actually on Saturday? Or is the Thursday trailer premiering in theatres on Saturday

man does this date move around :/

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Guys hating on the Hyuga/Byakugan

but we all know that the Sage's brother had it

and the Sage didn't take Kaguya or the the Ten Tails down alone

Which begs the question: Why are the sage's brother and kaguya nowhere to be found in the lore of the shinobi world? Why were they lost to history?

Which begs the question: Why are the sage's brother and kaguya nowhere to be found in the lore of the shinobi world? Why were they lost to history?

idk

some people speculate that Hamura became the Reaper death seal... or his spirit anyway.... Plus most of the Uzumaki clan that lived secluded from other villages were obliterated in a war before Hashirama took the last few in and the Uzumaki clan had those masks

ghstwrld

it's because of kween kags and black zetsu; from the destination of fate, she manipulated those among the population cursed with her chakras and engineered world events in order to facilitate and ensure her resurrection and supremacy

Saying Obito is well written is like praising Spider-Man 3 for changing Ben Parker's murderer into Sandman.

That whole going to heaven with Rin, despite everything he's done, while giving Kakashi the MS was the manga's lowest point. What a fucking terrible character.

Erigu

I have no problem with critical people. I just find it weird that someone would keep reading something that they 'hate' each and every week.
I find the word "hate" is used a lot more often by those who call others "haters" than by the supposed "haters" themselves, but maybe that's just me...
And I don't think it's particularly odd that somebody would be let down by a story but still curious as to how it ends, for example.

Well it clearly is bullshit if you're ignorant of the facts, which you've proven yourself to be.
For fuck's sake, Frog-fu...

Rin was never the reason he did anything, it was the root cause.
Errrr...

It was her death that drove him over the edge, he couldn't forget that any more than Nagato could forget Yahiko, or Orochimaru could forget his parents - this goes for all villains in the manga we know enough about to understand their downfall.
But as I pointed out earlier, many of the good guys went through some tough shit as well. Hell, Kakashi and Rin lost Obito, too! Yup, war sucks. They didn't turn into terrorists or murderers though.
It would be one thing if Obito actually believed Kakashi betrayed him, but nope, not even that: he knew that Rin had actually sacrificed herself. So it's just that: war sucks, the world sucks, so there you go, I'll be a nihilist supervillain for over a decade... because I guess I'm considerably dumber than my former friends who know better (also: cursed, unstable Uchiha blood! thanks for the convenient excuse, Kishimoto! "not enough? er... maybe Madara also kinda-sorta controlled him with some seal thingy on his heart, then?").
"But he still had doubts!" Makes him less of an idiot and more of an asshole, then. Yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom