• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
iBxae8Y.png

Awful.

The Last teaser #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7kc4NupwGA

Edit: like I said before I'm digging short hair Naruto and Sasuke's design is also dope.

I hate that they're using that glitter background. It's so damn gaudy. They should have stuck with the white abyss, it really gave Obito's isolation more impact.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Nothing made Naruto absolutely lose it like seeing Hinata getting pummeled by Pain. he was also far more fired up for Hinata vs Neji than any other fight in the chunin final prelims.

There's always clearly been something there.

Heroman

Banned
Yeah, it's weird.

How was it obvious? How was Hinata different in her introduction to other archetypical yamato nadeshiko's that made it obvious that yep, they gonna hook up?

, the first time we see her she is thinking about Naruto, which was strange cause up until that point we were told that everybody didn't like Naruto.

Welfare

Ugh why does the animation for the Last look so terrible? Naruto looks so stupid.

Frog-fu, don't worry. In the final chapter, we'll see Naruto don the Hokage garb.
Believe it!

Also, NaruHina!

The funny takeaway from all this is, Hinata confessed, she held his hand, she said after the war she'll be at his side, yet apparently for years nothing happened, until a hilariously contrived setup happened. Nice going Kishi! :lmao

, the first time we see her she is thinking about Naruto, which was strange cause up until that point we were told that everybody didn't like Naruto.

It's a couple of chapters after her introduction she shows kindness to him in the exam. Are you sure you're not thinking of the anime here? And again this setup doesn't make it special. There's always someone.

Apparently liking him, yet did fuck all to not make him feel lonely...

Yeah ,lol. Just like how Naruto didn't reach out to Sasuke and vice versa. Pretty messed up messaging.

Sai

Guuuuyyyyyzzzzz

Forget about all of this unimportant stuff

The real important shit is:

Spiral Zetsu is still running out there
There should be a number of Zetsu clone still about,unless re-sealing Kaguya/Gedo Mazo somehow cut their strings, so to speak. Even if they're still around, it's not like they had the same will driving them as Black Zetsu did; I can't see them conspiring to stir things up again with all the key players gone...

Unless this Toneri fella ends up doing just that. :p

When they are done milking the movies for several years? When is Ash going to finally be a Pokemon Master?

It will happens when it happens. Obviously kishi doesn't intend on ending the story yet, so just sit down and wait until it does. It makes sense the Kakashi would be hokage before him anyway.

Zeroth

This salt over Kakashi being Hokage is amusing. I think Naruto went far beyond his Hokage dream, and I think him being more like Jiraya is more fitting. Maybe Naruto will become Hokage, maybe not, but given everything he went through, I'm satisfied either way. He obtained the recognition he longed for and accomplished things beyond his wildest dreams.

I think the time when the manga will end will be set after the movie. Kishi ends it how he wants, and the movie/Naruto Project takes place in that time skip.

Help me understand why you're so ecstatic to see Kakashi jack Naruto's dream at the very end of the manga.

We will, sure, but I'm still going to hate Kishimoto and Kakashi. I can't bring myself to like the latter anymore. I think it's gross.
Naruto is 20, is currently in the manga still a genin, and still knows nothing about politics or how to run a society. Hes not gonna be ready to be Hokage after 3 years. He will be Hokage but later.

I think the time when the manga will end will be set after the movie. Kishi ends it how he wants, and the movie/Naruto Project takes place in that time skip.

That's what saywer7mage thinks too. I don't think that will happen happen nor do I like the sound of that at all. If they're going to continue the series, I'd rather it not be a "bridging the gap" type deal.

Edit: I'm not trying to argue that it wont happen btw. Maybe it will, I just don't really think that's how it will go down.

Frog-fu

Banned
Naruto is 20, is currently in the manga still a genin, and still knows nothing about politics or how to run a society. Hes not gonna be ready to be Hokage after 3 years. He will be Hokage but later.

Gaara was around 15 years old when he was made Kazekage.

Naruto is ready become Hokage now. Don't be fooled by the fact he's a goofball. He is serious when the situation requires it, and his exchanges with his enemies (I know, the cool thing to do is to chalk it up to "Talk no Jutsu") demonstrates that he possesses far more maturity than he is given credit for.

Gaara was around 15 years old when he was made Kazekage.

Naruto is ready become Hokage now. Don't be fooled by the fact he's a goofball. He is serious when the situation requires it, and his exchanges with his enemies (I know, the cool thing to do is to chalk it up to "Talk no Jutsu") demonstrates that he possesses far more maturity than he is given credit for.
Yeah hes serious when it comes to fighting but hes too emotional to be put in charge of an entire military. He still thinks he can save everyone which he cant.

Garra had way more of a reason to become Kazekage. Kakashi is a great candidate, and Naruto is still young. I don't think he'd be a bad hokage now, but I find Kakashi to be the better choice at the moment. For in universe reasons, and to see the story continue in a direction where he is not mainly tied down to the village. It's be awesome to see him as a squad leader or something.

So in the teaser it shows Naruto lunging at Sasuke doesn't it? Both with their jutsus cocked. That was them right? Just fighting for funzies? Spar session? Or was that not sasuke. I just saw a cape.

Frog-fu

Banned
Yeah hes serious when it comes to fighting but hes too emotional to be put in charge of an entire military. He still thinks he can save everyone which he cant.

Do you, I dunno, zone out when Naruto is talking without blowing shit up? He's an idealist but he's not that naive. The shinobi world needs idealists like Naruto because realists fucked it up in the first place.

Garra had way more of a reason to become Kazekage. Kakashi is a great candidate, and Naruto is still young. I don't think he'd be a bad hokage now, but I find Kakashi to be the better choice at the moment. For in universe reasons, and to see the story continue in a direction where he is not mainly tied down to the village. It's be awesome to see him as a squad leader or something.

Kakashi is an inferior candidate to Naruto. He is weak, he has no vision, and he's never desired the position. All that Kakashi will accomplish as Hokage will be serving as a pointless stopgap so that a bunch of shitty movies can be made while Naruto goes of saving the world again and again whilst Kakashi hangs back and does paperwork.

If Kishi wanted Kakashi as Hokage, he should have let him take over when Tsunade was in a comatose (after Danzō got wasted) and have him stay on as Hokage whilst Tsunade stepped back like Hiruzen did for Minato. If all this happened around chapter 450 or so, sure, that would have made perfect sense. Naruto had a lot to figure out back then. Now it's different.

Now that Naruto is a goddamn war hero that has wizened up considerably and has earned the confidence of the entire shinobi world (including the bijū and Hagoromo), Kakashi becoming Hokage is a cop out, and what makes it worst is the fact Kishimoto chose Obito - OBITO, of all people - to foreshadow this terrible decision.

Sai

So in the teaser it shows Naruto lunging at Sasuke doesn't it? Both with their jutsus cocked. That was them right? Just fighting for funzies? Spar session? Or was that not sasuke. I just saw a cape.
It was the movie's primary antagonist, Toneri.

And I agree with Frog-fu concerning the Hokage position. I only hope that in Chapter 700, if its contents take place after The Last, depict Naruto as Hokage.

Kakashi is an inferior candidate to Naruto. He's weak, he has no vision, and he's never desired the position. All that Kakashi will accomplish as Hokage will be a pointless stopgap so that a bunch of shitty movies can be made while Naruto goes of saving the world again and again whilst Kakashi hangs back and does paperwork.

If Kishi wanted Kakashi as Hokage, he should have let him take over when Tsunade was in a comatose (after Danzō) got wasted and have him stay on as Hokage whilst Tsunade stepped back like Hiruzen did for Minato. If all this happened around chapter 400 or so, sure, that would have made perfect sense.

Now that Naruto is a goddamn war hero that has wizened up considerably and has earned the confidence of the entire shinobi world, Kakashi becoming Hokage is a fucking cop out, and what makes it worst is the fact Kishimoto chose Obito - OBITO, of all people - to foreshadow this terrible decision.

Yeah I completely disagree with you. I think we already had this discussion lol

Namikaze1

Sigh. No matter where I go, Naruto discussion always ends up being parings. And almost always it's people saying how perfect NaruHina is or telling people to give up on their favorite pairing. God, I hate this shitty pairing. NaruSasu is hell of a lot more believable than that crap pairing and I hate yaoi. I just can't seem to find a good place to talk about the manga/anime without things devolving into pairing wars. It's gonna be several more days of pages being NaruHina shit with the occasional NaruSaku. This chapter needs to hurry up and end without a single mention of who ends up with who so everyone could shut up about pairings. The romance in this manga is terrible so I don't know why everyone is fighting over fictional pairings.

Also, I have no proble with Kakashi as Hokage. In fact, I kinda saw this happening ever since the start of the Obito/Naruto/Bee battle.

Sigh. No matter where I go, Naruto discussion always ends up being parings. And almost always it's people saying how perfect NaruHina is or telling people to give up on their favorite pairing. God, I hate this shitty pairing. NaruSasu is hell of a lot more believable than that crap pairing and I hate yaoi. I just can't seem to find a good place to talk about the manga/anime without thing devolving into pairing wars. It's gonna be several more days of pages being NaruHina shit with the occasional NaruSaku. This chapter needs to hurry up and end without a single mention of who ends up with who so everyone could shut up about pairings. The romance in this manga is terrible so I don't know why everyone is fighting over fictional pairings.

Also, I have no proble with Kakashi as Hokage. In fact, I kinda saw this happening ever since the start of the Obito/Naruto/Bee battle.
well we always discuss other stuff here, there just isn't much to discuss till next week. You can always bring up anything and people will talk about it.

Also the movie seems to be about love and whatnot and it seems to be pimping the ship wars in the promotional material so it's expected more than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom