• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
IiRBo7Q.gif

''And that, kids, is how I met your mother''

Is the only thing I think of when I see this gif,cant wait for this movie. The salt from the NaruxSaku shippers is enough to keep me hyped.

Have you taken a look at the latest preview? I wouldn't be too hyped.

people from tumblr have been dissecting that saying it's not possible that the two are looking at each other.

He's definitely looking at her. I've seen the posts you're referring to, they're cringeworthy.

the trailer says something about filling the gap in the story left out in the manga

so it could make sense.... 700 being in complete colour could signify another time skip

Frog-fu

Banned

Code:
[IMG]http://31.media.tumblr.com/14f47d8cb5d9fca27d2cb3be2fa4bf57/tumblr_nec2aa7zgd1shlaabo1_500.jpg[/IMG]
The preview says “The taped (=settled) Naruto and Sasuke, !! What lies ahead of them!?”
The part about Sakura and Hinata is a comment from one of the characters in the picture "Is it Sakura? Is it Hinata? For whom it will unleash those feelings…? I can’t wait to find out"

Take that with a grain of salt. I don't know who writes these previews.

CronoShot

people from tumblr have been dissecting that saying it's not possible that the two are looking at each other.

Looks to me like they're sitting together on a bench or something. Hinata's looking away (probably telling him something) and Naruto's looking at her like "damn she fine."

Looks to me like they're sitting together on a bench or something. Hinata's looking away (probably telling him something) and Naruto's looking at her like "damn she fine."
I thought this was obvious and naruto cant be at that mushroom in hinatas shot cause where hes sitting if he were there would be no large spire behind him.

Frog-fu

Banned
Did not know I wanted to side ship GaaHina until I saw this.
Code:
[IMG]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/264/6/1/gaahina_date_by_gaahina_kokoro-d6n9jw4.jpg[/IMG]

I am kinda disappointed tbh. I wanted Naruto to end up as lone wolf wanderer, aka, like Sasuke.

I'm hoping to learn Sasuke has been hunting down Orochimaru tbh.

TUSR

Banned
People thought they were looking at each other?

yeah this is confusing.

there is no way they are looking at each other, shes gazing off into the distance.

its more likely shes giving some sad story or a confession and naruto is emotional about it.

That would be amazing.

No one would be seriously expecting that, but if it happens......

Sometimes I wish this series was Senien :/
I personally would hate it. Narutos parents and his grandparents have both died. Narutos already dealt with enough shit in his life let him have someone who truly loves him and let him be happy for once in his life without it being taken away!

Now that I think about it, Hashirama was a big disappointment wasn't he? What did he even do during the war arc besides fight edo madara off panel?

Yeah that's what i'm thinking. I thought it made it obvious that Naruto was looking at Hinata while she was looking off into nothing.

Hinata has the Byakugan.... likely she is seeing something 10s of km away

of course her veins around her eyes need to show ;)

Now that I think about it, Hashirama was a big disappointment wasn't he? What did he even do during the war arc besides fight edo madara off panel?

Dude has his cells in everything

he accomplished more stuff with just his existence

So another trailer came out, doesnt do much new besides add a bit to the end talking about the special book you get when you go see it, also adds one word to narutos "I have something important to tell you wait for me" and its "Hinata"

orochi91

So another trailer came out, doesnt do much new besides add a bit to the end talking about the special book you get when you go see it, also adds one word to narutos "I have something important to tell you wait for me" and its "Hinata"

Friend zone.

Please friend-zone her.

brinstar

Well he set Sasuke on a kind of decent path, or at least prevented him from killing everyone in Konoha. I think most of his contributions during the war were offscreen. Didn't he keep the Ten Tails at bay and helped put a barrier around it? He also helped the characters feel out Obito's abilities when he became a jinchuriki.

Turok_TTZ

Reading a few pages back... the romance in Naruto is poorly written? This is a shounen series, not a seinen or josei series. What'd you expect?

Would ye say the same thing if it was Naruto x Sasuke being the canon pairing? Look at it this way: on the flip side, if this were a seinen/josei series, naruto x sasuke would have been one of the more memorable love stories in recent memory or at the very least had such potential.

Stay salty.

As for me, I just want to know... Will Naruto ever realize he may have a potential distant relative in Karin? Kishi you shit!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Or to Hashirama, for that matter. When/how did the guy die?
He "died in battle", which could mean anything.

In my head canon I like to think he fought the equally cool looking third Mizukage and died during that fight.

Zeroth

Code:
[IMG]http://31.media.tumblr.com/14f47d8cb5d9fca27d2cb3be2fa4bf57/tumblr_nec2aa7zgd1shlaabo1_500.jpg[/IMG]

I have pairing wars, but I couldn't resits. Let's think about this for a second:

* Let's assume chapter 700 is set after the movie
* Also, considering the movie seems to be answering a pairing question, let's assume that Naruto does end up with someone at the end of the series.

So, The Last is used to explain why he picked someone over another, or something along these lines, because otherwise they will need to add this romantic subplot to the chapters 699-700, and then the purpose of the movie would be dull.

We all know that the movie is giving a focus on Naruto and Hinata (to the point we got no material whatsoever in the movie about Naruto and Sakura). So, we can assume two things: Either the movie addresses why Naruto picked Hinata, or why he didn't pick her, but has no weight whatsoever on Naruto and Sakura's relationship from what we have seen.

So, we have the following: a movie addressing why Naruto would pick/not pick Hinata, and nothing extra to build on Naruto and Sakura. I can only assume if Naruto and Sakura get together, it would need some time to be explained in the 699/700 chapters, and it would kinda render the movie useless since Naruto would theoretically explain his feelings for Sakura (so why do a movie about Hinata? To completely block NTR?).

Given all this, I'm having a hard time imagining Naruto and Sakura being together. I'm not saying this confirms Naruto and Hinata because Naruto could easily reject her and end up living alone, but given all this above I think there's move evidence pointing towards a Naruto/Hinata pairing than anything.

I'm curious on your position regarding this. Not to pile up on you or anything, but if you do have more points regarding what I've exposed, feel free to say em since you are the more outspoken one about Naruto/Sakura.

Erigu

He "died in battle", which could mean anything.
Just not sure how Hashirama could have known his granddaughter... He taught her gambling? Okay, but didn't she then join Hiruzen's squad? Hiruzen who already looked fairly old? Far older than he was when Tobirama told him he was to be the Third Hokage (which would mean Hashirama was already dead at that point)?

Krelian91

Just not sure how Hashirama could have known his granddaughter... He taught her gambling? Okay, but didn't she then join Hiruzen's squad? Hiruzen who already looked fairly old? Far older than he was when Tobirama told him he was to be the Third Hokage (which would mean Hashirama was already dead at that point)?

Remember when in Ch.238, during the Akatsuki meeting, it's mentioned that Orochimaru had left the organization seven years before? We know that he left Akatsuki after trying to steal Itachi's eyes... so that would have made Itachi 11. And we know he joined Akatsuki after he was 13.

I'm sad to say it because it's one of my favorite manga, but Naruto's timeline is an incoherent mess.

(I was just rereading Volume 5 this morning where Kurenai doesn't know who Ibiki is, then you see them being classmates at the Academy hundreds of chapters later. Naruto is plagued by inconsistencies :( )

Editors. They're usually worthless.

I have pairing wars, but I couldn't resits. Let's think about this for a second:

* Let's assume chapter 700 is set after the movie
* Also, considering the movie seems to be answering a pairing question, let's assume that Naruto does end up with someone at the end of the series.

So, The Last is used to explain why he picked someone over another, or something along these lines, because otherwise they will need to add this romantic subplot to the chapters 699-700, and then the purpose of the movie would be dull.

We all know that the movie is giving a focus on Naruto and Hinata (to the point we got no material whatsoever in the movie about Naruto and Sakura). So, we can assume two things: Either the movie addresses why Naruto picked Hinata, or why he didn't pick her, but has no weight whatsoever on Naruto and Sakura's relationship from what we have seen.

So, we have the following: a movie addressing why Naruto would pick/not pick Hinata, and nothing extra to build on Naruto and Sakura. I can only assume if Naruto and Sakura get together, it would need some time to be explained in the 699/700 chapters, and it would kinda render the movie useless since Naruto would theoretically explain his feelings for Sakura (so why do a movie about Hinata? To completely block NTR?).

Given all this, I'm having a hard time imagining Naruto and Sakura being together. I'm not saying this confirms Naruto and Hinata because Naruto could easily reject her and end up living alone, but given all this above I think there's move evidence pointing towards a Naruto/Hinata pairing than anything.

I'm curious on your position regarding this. Not to pile up on you or anything, but if you do have more points regarding what I've exposed, feel free to say em since you are the more outspoken one about Naruto/Sakura.

What's NTR?

Btw good post. Let's say NS happens next week, then why make this NH movie? That doesn't make any sense and would be rude towards the fandom. So, I think NS isn't happening. Though as you said this doesn't necessarily mean NH will happen either. Maybe both the manga and the movie will end open ended. Though seeing as how one of the basis for the movie is a retcon and the whole silly setup, why would Kishi and SP go this far, only to make it show NH isn't happening? This is a ridiculously contrived setup just to resolve Hinata's feelings negatively. Kishi could have done that with Infinite Tsukuyomi (she wakes up and has an epiphany) or just have NS happen and she moves on.

From what we know of the movie so far and the manga before its end, Kishi couldn't write x falling for y, so he's using this movie to show that. Though it's still weird that for 2 years after the war ended nothing happened in the romance department and that the movie talks about secret feelings when Hinata confessed to Naruto already and Sakura knows she loves Naruto. So, after all the yapping about how she'll be by his side she regressed to her old self and didn't approach him at all? And then haven't even mentioned Naruto's feelings for Sakura. If he still loves her, why didn't he confess for 2 years after keeping his promise? Or maybe he got over her after all. Though, has Kishi really resolved the protagonists' feelings of this very heavy-handed and explicit shonen silently? Or in the following 2 chapters something happens between the two to give it closure, even though I don't know how he could fit that in? I mean from what I saw NS shippers expect stuff like the poal coming up (possible) and Naruto confessing, but I don't know. 2 chapters, 1 supposedly/hopefully a timeskip epilogue. Ehhh.

So, given this NH movie, the manga either ends open ended, or Naruto already got over Sakura, or will get over her next week. This is going to be ugly either way.

Remember when in Ch.238, during the Akatsuki meeting, it's mentioned that Orochimaru had left the organization seven years before? We know that he left Akatsuki after trying to steal Itachi's eyes... so that would have made Itachi 11. And we know he joined Akatsuki after he was 13.

I'm sad to say it because it's one of my favorite manga, but Naruto's timeline is an incoherent mess.

(I was just rereading Volume 5 this morning where Kurenai doesn't know who Ibiki is, then you see them being classmates at the Academy hundreds of chapters later. Naruto is plagued by inconsistencies :( )
Indeed it is. Oonoki's Madara flashback had Madara being spiteful towards Hashirama with a leaf headband on. In Hashirama's flashback, Madara left shortly after the village was formed and he wasn't spiteful. Lots of holes in this manga. Kishi makes things up as he goes along and cancels what he have established beforehand.

Indeed it is. Oonoki's Madara flashback had Madara being spiteful towards Hashirama with a leaf headband on. In Hashirama's flashback, Madara left shortly after the village was formed and he wasn't spiteful. Lots of holes in this manga. Kishi makes things up as he goes along and cancels what he have established beforehand.

He didn't leave that shortly. By the time he leaved. Some not senju/uchiha clans where already at the villages, some kids where born in a world outside of total war, people from different places started their business. I'll give it he was there at least 5-6 years. Plenty of time for Muu to come in, probably after he was in a bad mood, by Tobirama having none of his shit

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeah, Madara was probably with the Leaf for a good amount of time. It was only when they started talking about a successor to Hashirama that he thought about leaving (I.E., when Tobirama stepped in and didn't want it to be Madara). It could be interpreted either way - he left shortly after or he spent a good 5-6 years as a Leaf member - but I would go for the latter, because he's apparently (in)famous as a Leaf ninja internationally, and he has a statue dedicated to him at the Valley of the End. IIRC, he was "killed" shortly after defecting, too.

Man is so ironic that someone like Madara, died without knowing he was a reincarnation of someone and that he was destined by fate to fight with him. I bet he would had done things differently if he knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom