• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it ever explained why the black rods from The Mazo only pierced Nagato's back upon first summoning it, yet never did as such to Obito and Madara?

Databook only goes up to Chapter 691? what a goddamned oversight on Kishi's part.

Mendrox

Is it ever explained why the black rods from The Mazo only pierced Nagato's back upon first summoning it, yet never did as such to Obito and Madara?

Nagato was just unlucky. His friend got killed, his parents got killed, he met pervert-sensei, his feet got burned, got pierced by black rods, got his chakra sucked away, got owned by talk no jutsu.

Life sucks as Nagato.

because by then it is powered by the tailed-beats?

Madara summoned it from the moon with no Tailed Beasts and nothing happened to him

Nagato was just unlucky. His friend got killed, his parents got killed, he met pervert-sensei, his feet got burned, got pierced by black rods, got his chakra sucked away, got owned by talk no jutsu.

Life sucks as Nagato.

4ix6U5z.gif

if there were two or more Izanagi casters, they would begin to fight amongst each other over personally favourable outcomes.

What a shit explanation for Izanami creation.

Oh sausce is a cool dude,

I'm arguing against the notion this battle made him sad, his life was sad and as it got more and more sinister it got sadder and sadder.

Garlic's and Noodles problems were up front " demon kid" anime trope every one hates him ect.

Sauce? Nah, he had my life is a lie political espionage/ mob shit. Every step on his journey was a proverbial mind fornication session.

I'm actually surprised that he has made it to thsi point, that is not an insult, that's a complement to how resistant he is.

Every step you take you the more you know your life is a lie, and what happened to you , meaningless. Not because of fate or destiny or anything existential like that, but because your family was a means to an end. An someone took advantage of that, not because of fate, because of greed and the inability to communicate. And the guy didn't even have the courtesy of being that strong.

Every chapter after a certain point was suicide sauske watch

Not really, and thats where the writting faulters.

Naruto's was never sasuke's friend. Ever. Sasuke doesn't understand what a friend is. Sasuke is naruto's friend, or at least he views him as such. Sasuke saying " you were the closest thing I had to a friend" is " well I actually knew who you were the longest ".

Sauce had no one, and less and less people overtime as everything unraveled, how could he trust naruto at a certain point. Or anyone at the leaf village for that matter.

How can he not trust them? The Hokage who ordered his retrieval instead of his assassination, the team of close student risking his life to save them. His old team making it his mission to bring him back.

No one else would had gotten that treatment.

Reading about elements everyone possesses just makes me want a part 3 even more, once again that would be more like a part 1. Where it's just straight character stuff, ninja missions and whatnot, see people develop skills and learn new jutsus and still have an overarching plot that I'm sure they can make up. Like aliens.

DedValve

Banned
Reading about elements everyone possesses just makes me want a part 3 even more, once again that would be more like a part 1. Where it's just straight character stuff, ninja missions and whatnot, see people develop skills and learn new jutsus and still have an overarching plot that I'm sure they can make up. Like aliens.

Alien ninjas from different dimensions. But yeah part 1 had the coolest fights. It felt like everyone was given their time to shine. Though while I think the SasuxNaru fight feels a little forced (Kaguya really destroyed the pacing of everything) the fight itself is pretty damn cool. One of the coolest outside of Naruto x Pain.

Yado

Sakura has earth and water, yin-yang. Her favourite is related to saving Sasuke from darkness. A lot of info on her abilities and two sections for Naruto and Sasuke. Wants to protect Naruto's dream to be Hokage. Loves Sasuke romantically since she was a little kid.

Hinata has 4 pages talking about Naruto-kun. That's what her profile is about. Naruto-kun over and over again for four pages.

irp9GCxYpLAOI.gif

I won't be surprised if this turns out to be accurate.

Village

How can he not trust them? The Hokage who ordered his retrieval instead of his assassination, the team of close student risking his life to save them. His old team making it his mission to bring him back.

No one else would had gotten that treatment.

To answer the bolded,

one, he has no idea why they wanted his retrial, considering his entire family was murdered by the institution that wants him back, knowing that now he has more reason to question why they actually want him back.

And no one else getting that treatment, yes, no one also had the pleasure of getting their entire claim literally bodied.

He never saw anyone at the village as anyone who cared about him, and now he sees them as less.

I hope to wake up tomorrow to the two chapters. Which I will read before going to work. Then come home from work and read another time or two. Then wait for more translations and read again ;_;

Naruto was entering the Chuunin exams, in the manga, before 9/11 happened.

The Naruto Anime started in the US, before the Xbox-360 was released.

There are Freshman in High School now who don't know a world without Naruto.

To answer the bolded,

one, he has no idea why they wanted his retrial, considering his entire family was murdered by the institution that wants him back, knowing that now he has more reason to question why they actually want him back.

And no one else getting that treatment, yes, no one also had the pleasure of getting their entire claim literally bodied.

He never saw anyone at the village as anyone who cared about him, and now he sees them as less.

He didn't knew that the Itachi killed his clan to stop a civil war until after Itachi was dead. He only went to Orochimaru to gain more power but had he asked Naruto and the others for help. He would had accomplish the same and Itachi would had died looking at Sasuke cooperating with the village.

Also Naruto doesn't have a clan anymore neither, but he has a country and friends that are like his family. If Sasuke had any guts he would had came back long ago instead of getting his arm blown off.

Naruto going to be Hokage. In fact no one is better suited for the Job then he is because there isn't a ninja in the 5 elemental nations that wouldn't follow and listen to him. Even old lady Chyio recognized him as the person that should be Hokage in that new era before she died.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Naruto Forums member said:
Kotoamatsukami
Users: Danzo, Shisui
Type: Genjutsu
Range: All Ranges (LOL!)

Okay so i'm not the best at this so I'll give a summary instead of a word for word translation

The bold text says something like the cast can control someones consciousness turing them into a puppet. The one thing i'm not sure of is whether it says it can turn anyone in the user's eye's field of view into said puppet or if it says the enemy has to have the users eye in their field of view. I think it's the former, but this is pretty key, because if it is the former Kotoamatsukami is hax'd as fuck. I'd like to employer Steel or another translator to translate the bold line and clear up the confusion:
意識を支配すその眼視界の者を傀儡と化する

Anyway. The main text says that "Uchiha Shisui's Mangekyo can us the strongest Genjutsu". Then it talks about how Kotomatsukami can manipulate someone to ones benefit w/o them being realizing it. Than it talks about how Kotoamatsukami is a marvelous jutsu that can lead one to victory w/o conflict. Than it talks about how it's potency even overrides Edo Tensei. Than it talks about how Danzo snatched away Shisui's sharingan and used it on Mifune to turn him into a puppet.

I can't read anymore than that, because the pages gets blurry.
Shisui is top tier.

Also, the second Mizukage was from the Hozuki clan. Hozuki Gengetsu.

To answer the bolded,

1. He didn't know about this till literally 2/3rd the way into the story, years after he defected to the villages biggest enemies for 'lol vengeance!' reasons. Despite being a tratior, they still went after him to get him back. That should have rang some bells in his head, if he had anything in his head at all at that point.

2. If his clan didn't want to get bodied, maybe they shouldn't have been plotting a coup that would have triggered a civil war. That one of their brightest stars took them all out, and not any other forces of the village, should also have been a clue to sasuke. Granted, for most of the story, Itachi was a villain, only retconned later to 'secret good guy'.

3. He didn't care who 'cared about him' the dude had one goal: gaining power. He was willing to betray or doublecross anyone who couldn't provide him the fastest path to that. It was his choice to defect to the sound for power, to defect to akatsuki for more power, to attack Bee and the Kages, and even to try to assassinate them from inside their dreams. A pair of crappy events early on do not justify throwing everything away for power, time and time again. At some point, he was fully responsible for his own actions.

Village

He didn't knew that the Itachi killed his clan to stop a civil war until after Itachi was dead. He only went to Orochimaru to gain more power but had he asked Naruto and the others for help. He would had accomplish the same and Itachi would had died looking at Sasuke cooperating with the village.
I don't think sasuke would be anywhere near as powerful as he would have been if he would have stayed. Epically considering power ups require acquiring other eye balls.

Sasuke is not a person content with complacency, he wanted to find answers and he did.

Also Naruto doesn't have a clan anymore neither, but he has a country and friends that are like his family. If Sasuke had any guts he would had came back long ago instead of getting his arm blown off.
You seem to think that people not reacting how naruto reacts to situations is cowardly, this is not true. Sasuke went though some fucked up shit, and it fucked him up. Not everyone reacts positively sometimes it really messes people up. These people aren't cowards , these people are people. And while you do not condone their actions you must accept who they are and why they are where they are. This is a notion naruto himself understands.

Databook only goes up to Chapter 691? what a goddamned oversight on Kishi's part.
I say it's plot to cripple the guy. Can't have a non uchiha as the main villain Kishi.

Village

1. He didn't know about this till literally 2/3rd the way into the story, years after he defected to the villages biggest enemies for 'lol vengeance!' reasons. Despite being a tratior, they still went after him to get him back. That should have rang some bells in his head, if he had anything in his head at all at that point.
Question, how is he a traitor?
He did not leave to divulge village secrets, what would have known he was a preteen. They told him nothing, he left so he could get stronger and find out answers. I mean he became a traitor later, but we aren't talking about that part.

Also , again he doesn't care about those people. He just wants what he wants. You do realize some people don't care about comradery right?" they went after him " the fuck does that have to do with what he wants. They are people in his way, nothing more. Why would that have rang bells, people have always viewed him as a value an asset, the last of the esteemed uchiha clan, not a person.

2. If his clan didn't want to get bodied, maybe they shouldn't have been plotting a coup that would have triggered a civil war. That one of their brightest stars took them all out, and not any other forces of the village, should also have been a clue to sasuke. Granted, for most of the story, Itachi was a villain, only retconned later to 'secret good guy'.

" Why did you kill my family "

" they were planning to start a civil war"

" hmm that sounds strange let me go as.... oh wait their all dead so I can't ask them anything "

"it was for the greater good "

" why does that guy have an arm with uchiha eye balls"

"... it was for the greater good"

" I don't know how you expect me to believe you at this point "

"Wait how did you find all this information out"

" I talked to itachi after I left the village"

" so you are a terrorist"

" Thats they only way I would have found out the truth "

"Well you are a terrorist now"

" this sounds like a fucking set up "

3. He didn't care who 'cared about him' the dude had one goal: gaining power. He was willing to betray or doublecross anyone who couldn't provide him the fastest path to that. It was his choice to defect to the sound for power, to defect to akatsuki for more power, to attack Bee and the Kages, and even to try to assassinate them from inside their dreams. A pair of crappy events early on do not justify throwing everything away for power, time and time again. At some point, he was fully responsible for his own actions.

You are expecting people to react the same to things and to have similar personalities.

You already fucked up. You are expecting things from war torn people. You might want to reevaluate that, it would make life and literature a lot easier.

Elements in Part 2 were disappointing tbh. Just another version of generic energy attack like Ceros were in Bleach.

I want a part 3 like this as well. Focus more on the characters along their journeys in fixing the ninja world. Something more of a travelling through villages and helping the people there plot rather than find this villain and eliminate him.

I would argue that sasuke's life is indeed worse.

While yes garra's life was very bad, however the bad it was was every up front. Demon inside of him, people trying to catch a body on him. Bad but we get it

The Sauce, nah... that grew worse and more sinister as time went on and as the plot revealed itself. Sasuke was set up for complacency ( and possible eye ball stealing ) or failure. Like mob shit.

The psychological taxation that must have on his mind is something I do not envy in any regard. Every revelation was just finding out his life was more and more a lie and what happened to him was never going to be resolved, there would be no retribution. No hope, there were no witnesses, there is no proof. His family is gone his brother dead and he had to become a terrorist to find that out, and if hadn't his fate might have even been worse. He can trust no one, even the closest thing to a friend he has, naruto is completely dysfunctional relationship. he doesn't know how to talk to people, to relate to people, even with companions he has always been truly alone. Alone in his mind with these horrible revelations haunting day in an day out, taunting him, taunting his entire existence.

I am surprised sasuke made it to this point

I'm surprised we didn't open a chapter to see sasuke just hanging himself.
this is very true, the problem has always been, Sasuke suddenly turned into Dark Jedi Psycho instead of being an unstable person. We got glimpses of him during the Kage fight where he went on a little killing spree, and you could see the lust in his eyes. That sort of instability should have been more apparent.

He should at times, have been longing for Naruto and friends, the things that reminded him of his family and the his closest thing to a friend.

He should at times, hated himself for being weak

He should at times, just went berserk on people for unstable thoughts, and wanting to be in two places at once, the drive to push forward because of Itachi, but the longing for ppl that actually cared about him

What we mostly got was aloof douche-bag Sasuke, and not a conflicted soul. His characterization could have been handled much better.

He should at times, have been longing for Naruto and friends, the things that reminded him of his family and the his closest thing to a friend.

We did get those instances. Sasuke smiled looking at the Great Naruto Bridge when he was recruiting Suigetsu. He had a team 7 flashback as everyone was protecting him from Hachibi and he unleashed Amaterasu for the first time. Afterwards he went out of his way to save Karin even though Juugo said it was too late for her.

His characterization after this was anything but aloof. The problem with Sasuke is that the author would pull out contrived reasons for him to continue to be an antagonist.

Pein

Banned
I want a part 3 like this as well. Focus more on the characters along their journeys in fixing the ninja world. Something more of a travelling through villages and helping the people there plot rather than find this villain and eliminate him.

me too, but I want more ninja exams, missions and training.

Frog-fu

Banned
Not everyone who has Yin and Yang Release (Inton and Yoton) can use Yin-Yang Release (Onmyoton). Just as not everyone who has Wind Release and Water Release can use Ice Release. Apparently the Yang Release that allows the Akimichi to turn into giants and allows Konan to turn into paper, and the Yin release that grants Gengetsu Hozuki his genjutsu and the Nara's their shadows are all just fragments of what Hagoromo was able to do.

We're finally getting shit explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom