• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
Some more info
"Chibaku Tensei / Six Paths Chibaku Tensei" has a single entry, and lists "Nagato / Naruto and Sasuke, Hagoromo and Hamura" as its users. It's a kekkei genkai sealing jutsu.

Six Paths Chibaku Tensei is invoked when two users simultaneously touch their target with the "Yin" and "Yang" seals. It rips a giant chunk of earth up and turns it into a heavenly body, becoming the Prison of Six Paths (六道の獄 Rokudō no Goku) that can capture all things (万物捕, "banbutsuto"). It's a sealing jutsu that can be used by individuals who awaken Six Paths Senjutsu. "Chibaku Tensei" is the version that can be used by a single individual, while "Six Paths Chibaku Tensei" is a more powerful version that requires two individuals simultaneously combining the power of Yin and Yang. It turns the sealing target into a gravity core in the sky, which attracts chunks of earth that bury them alive. This forms a heavenly body in the sky that can act as a prison for even a tailed beast. The section in the bottom left describes how the moon was the result of Six Paths Chibaku Tensei, and that so much chakra was contained within that it turned into a gigantic sattelite. It also describes it as a giant sealing stone (封印石 "Fuinseki"), which implies that Kishimoto took some inspiration from those giant "sealing stones" you sometimes see -- the big boulders with the kanji inscribed on them, usually with the ceremonial ropes adoring them.

Bets have caught on, yes. That's how you embrace the end of Naruto, with passion and guts and the power of youth!

3792423-9981085337-tumbl.gif

Khezu

Ino needs to sit Naruto down and teach him a thing or two about make up.

Get him some concealer so he can hide those unsightly whisker things.

Seiniyta

He is amazing.

I'm afraid of going to other forums or Tumblr. I don't want to get spoiled.

Great artist, doesn't always shine through because you can't keep the quality consistent when you're churning out 20 pages of manga every week.

For people who are bothered wiht the hair, thankfully it's just hair that easily can be changed back later if Kishimoto feels like it.

I'll backtrack the thread to see what I missed and try to stay on top moving forward.

Naruto Avatar Bets: Default bet seems to be a one month change to the other pairing/character unless otherwise noted or intended.

Team Naruto/Sakura

Frog-fu (Pending exchange: Psycho_Mantis chooses Avatar if wrong?)

Team Naruto/Hinata:

TheRealTalker (Change avatar to collective/thread decision)

Welfare (Change avatar to collective/thread decision)

TheKaeptain

Khezu

Brinstar

FZZPure (Manga+Movie bet, 3 month change, Frog-fu chooses avatar if wrong)

Team Sasuke/Sakura:

Psycho_Mantis (Manga bet only, pending exchange: Frog-fu chooses avatar if wrong?)

Team No Pairings:

Brawndo Addict (Manga + Movie bet, 3 month change, Frog-fu chooses avatar if Naru/Saku happens, thread/collective decision otherwise)

Frog-fu

Banned
The ninjutsu Kabuto uses to manifest the Sound Five and Orochimaru from his body is a senjutsu / ninjutsu called Denienei (伝異遠影), which I believe is supposed to sound like "DNA." The kanji literally means "tradition strange distant shadow," and could be roughly be interpreted as "the strange shadows passed down over a long time."

Ino needs to sit Naruto down and teach him a thing or two about make up.

Get him some concealer so he can hide those unsightly whisker things.

You shut your whore mouth. The whiskers are awesome.

I'll backtrack the thread to see what I missed and try to stay on top moving forward.

Naruto Avatar Bets: Default bet seems to be a one month change to the other pairing/character unless otherwise noted or intended.

Team Naruto/Sakura

Frog-fu

Team Naruto/Hinata:

TheRealTalker

Welfare

TheKaeptain

Khezu

Team No Pairings:

Brawndo Addict (3 month change)

Sasuke x Sakura

Also only counts in the manga so NaruHina has to happen in the manga.

Welfare

Team Naruto/Sakura

Frog-fu

Team Naruto/Hinata:

TheRealTalker

Welfare

TheKaeptain

Khezu

Team No Pairings:

Brawndo Addict (3 month change)
Frog-fu against the world.

So do we end bets with the Movie or the manga?

as in if the Manga isn't really clear but the Movie is just spamming it all the way

Sasuke x Sakura

Also only counts in the manga so NaruHina has to happen in the manga.

I'm inclined to let people individually decide how far they want their bet to go as I'm sure there's another meta level of discussion over what counts as canon. If people want to explicitly clarify whether they're betting manga/movie or both I'll add it in, but I'm treating it as a honor system unless a consensus emerges.

I'm just throwing modifiers into parentheses even if that isn't the cleanest solution. Feel free to make a note if I get something wrong.

Team Naruto/Sakura

Frog-fu (Pending exchange: Psycho_Mantis chooses Avatar if wrong?)

Team Naruto/Hinata:

Welfare (Change avatar to collective/thread decision)

TheKaeptain

Khezu

Brinstar

Team Sasuke/Sakura:

Psycho_Mantis (Manga bet only, pending exchange: Frog-fu chooses avatar if wrong?)

Team No Pairings:

Brawndo Addict (Manga + Movie bet, 3 month change, Frog-fu chooses avatar if Naru/Saku happens, thread/collective decision otherwise)

FZZ

Banned

Team Naruto/Sakura

Frog-fu

Team Naruto/Hinata:

Welfare

TheKaeptain

Khezu

Brinstar

Team Sasuke/Sakura:

Team No Pairings:

Brawndo Addict (Manga + Movie bet, 3 month change, Frog-fu chooses avatar if Naru/Saku happens)

NaruHina & SasuSaku endgame #believeit #uchihanotgonnabeextinct #theforeheadisreal #frog-fu

If I lose Frog-fu can pick my avatar which I will use for 3 months. Also my bets are on what's canon, so both the movie and manga count since Kishi said the movie would be canon.

BRING IT ON GAF!

Frog-fu

Banned
In the unlikely event NaruSaku doesn't happen, y'all come up with an appropriately humiliating NaruHina avatar if you've participated in the bet.

Man....

It better be a part 3.

We need more episodes like Naruto's Mom talking about all the stuff she wanted to teach him. I get teary-eyed every time. More character building, relationships, missions, please. Even if not a part 3, just another movie or something.

Over too quickly, because there has been too much rubbish on top of greatness.

Well if Digimon can get a sequel 15 years later I think the possibility of a Part 3 is something you can't immediately dismiss. Naruto is still insanely popular so its not ike the series is ending due to something like that.

I really want a part 3....partly because I don't want it to end ;____;

Frog-fu

Banned
Part III will deal with android-though-technically-cyborg ninja and lizard type ninja bioengineered by Oro to wipe out all those stand in the way of his transcendence.

edit;

Well I'll be damned, I'm not alone on the NaruSaku boat.

Ponn

Banned
NaruHina is too easy. I'm willing to make it interesting with my dream match up.

SakuLee or LeeSaku...whichever sounds better for the Springtime of Youts!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Part III will deal with android-though-technically-cyborg ninja and lizard type ninja bioengineered by Oro to wipe out all those stand in the way of his transcendence.

edit;

Well I'll be damned, I'm not alone on the NaruSaku boat.
Let me guess

DTL?

For end game bets I'll try all of team 7.

Kakashi x No one

Naruto x Hinata

Sasuke x Sakura

Sai x Ino

Yamato x (We won't meet her, but will probably see his kids)

Frog-fu

Banned
Why does Kishi have to needlessly complicate shit like this? Just say she's using the same fucking kekkei genkai, ffs
Kaguya's Murderous Bone Ash is listed as a kekkei mora. It says she can use it to alter the properties of her bone, hardening them and turning them into weapons. It's different from, and more deadly than, (Kimimaro's) Macabre Bone Pulse, as the target struck by the "ash bones" will immediately begin to disintegrate and crumble away as soon as their body is pierced. One caption mentions she can launch the bones as projectiles, the other says that the target will begin to "rot away" starting at the point of impact, spreading over their whole body until they completely crumble/disintegrate.

I suppose we can assume her abilities weakened over the time they as they passed down like:

Rinne Sharingan > Rinnegan (Hagoromo) > Sharingan (Indra)

and the same could apply to her bone ability.

Dunno if I remember to post it earlier, but the names for the Kage are as follows

Kazekage
1st = Retto
2nd = Shamon
3rd = ?
4th = Rasa (Gaara's father)

Mizukage
1st = Byakuren
2nd = Hōzuki Gengetsu (if you didn't catch it in the manga, he's related to Suigetsu)
3rd = ?

Raikage
1st = A
2nd = A
3rd = A

No, I'm not kidding. All the Raikage name themselves A and appoint another, presumably Gyūki's jinchūriki, as a B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom