• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welfare

Raikage
1st = A
2nd = A
3rd = A

No, I'm not kidding. All the Raikage name themselves A and appoint another, presumably Gyūki's jinchūriki, as a B

Lol the Cloud village sure is funny with it's naming. I guess there will always be an A, B, C, and D.

But he still tyied to kill her right, If someone tries to kill you , you dont go out with them.
He tried to kill Sakura, and look how she feels about him.

Frog-fu

Banned
NaruSaku ship grows stronger, hoho.

Lol the Cloud village sure is funny with it's naming. I guess there will always be an A, B, C, and D.

You know what else is funny thanks to the new data book?

Remember this guy that Sasuke took out when he was hunting down by? His name is J.
Code:
[IMG]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100722101312/naruto/images/thumb/e/e8/J%27s_Face.png/640px-J%27s_Face.png[/IMG]

This is J's partner, K.
Code:
[IMG]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131210200228/naruto/images/thumb/f/f6/J%27s_Partner.png/640px-J%27s_Partner.png[/IMG]

Ahem.
Code:
[IMG]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120215072952/men-in-black/images/3/30/K_and_j_de_neuralyzer.jpg[/IMG]

Frog-fu

Banned
Karin is hands down crazier than Sasuke ever was. She'll take him eventually, willingly or otherwise.

It's "Reto".

Killer B's predecessor apparently was "Blue B".

I've only seen it translated as Retto.

I did hear his predecessor was called something different. Blue B sounds right.

You know what else is funny thanks to the new data book?

Remember this guy that Sasuke took out when he was hunting down by? His name is J.
Code:
[IMG]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100722101312/naruto/images/thumb/e/e8/J%27s_Face.png/640px-J%27s_Face.png[/IMG]

This is J's partner, K.
Code:
[IMG]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131210200228/naruto/images/thumb/f/f6/J%27s_Partner.png/640px-J%27s_Partner.png[/IMG]

Ahem.
Code:
[IMG]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120215072952/men-in-black/images/3/30/K_and_j_de_neuralyzer.jpg[/IMG]

Oh nice

ghstwrld

sakura x naruto tbh

I think Sakura should hook up with a Dan Katō type, a seemingly random, cool, calm and fly kind of guy, someone outside of her tight circle of friends and teammates, though

noodle-kun and sauce are toxic

Namikaze1

No matter what, Naruto's one true love will always be ramen. Sakura and/or Hinata will always be second place.

If ramen was a woman, Naruto would be all over it in a heartbeat.

Erigu

I've only seen it translated as Retto.
Naruto translators can't even read katakana, now?

Anyway, I had a field day with that databook. Their attempts at providing some kind of timeline were hilarious.
As for volume 71, it has a few differences with the serializations, once again. Most notably, Madara got his chest-face back, Minato got his jacket back in episode 690, and the last double-page of episode 686 was almost entirely redrawn.

Frog-fu

Banned
This is interesting.
Okay, the "Sage Art: Super Biju Rasenshuriken" section says that, after being granted the power of the Sage of Six Paths, Naruto performed this ultimate jutsu. They're "Rasenshuriken" that have been proudly infused with the "special chakra properties" (チャクラ特性, chakura tokusei) of the tailed beasts, which Naruto unleashes simultaneously through Multiple Shadow Clones. It, uh, also describes it as "the most marvelous ninjutsu of all time." (空前絶後の忍術, Kūzenzetsugo no Ninjutsu).

The caption says that it struck Kaguya's weak point, making it impossible for her to maintain her physical form. [Which is to say, it took advantage of her having the chakra of the nine tailed beasts and turned it into a weakness.]

Would be nice if we could finally figure out each bijū's contribution. Don't know what kind of flames Matatabi used, what Kokuō did (is it just steam or a variant of Boil Release?), Saiken (honestly no clue what that was) or what the hell it was Chōmei's chakra added.

It'd be also nice to know which bijū Madara got his Storm Release from (assuming that's how he got it).

Frog-fu

Banned
Naruto translators can't even read katakana, now?

Anyway, I had a field day with that databook. Their attempts at providing some kind of timeline were hilarious.
As for volume 71, it has a few differences with the serializations, once again. Most notably, Madara got his chest-face back, Minato got his jacket back in episode 690, and the last double-page of episode 686 was almost entirely redrawn.

I'm sure your assistance would be appreciated since the translators are pretty much going through it as quickly as possible because they're getting pressure from impatient fans.

Please stop giving this fuck attention. He is bar none the worst Naruto reviewer.

edit;

Hold up, I'm going to keep watching. I'm hating on Kakashi lately, this might be cathartic.

I'll backtrack the thread to see what I missed and try to stay on top moving forward.

Naruto Avatar Bets: Default bet seems to be a one month change to the other pairing/character unless otherwise noted or intended.

Team Naruto/Sakura

Frog-fu (Pending exchange: Psycho_Mantis chooses Avatar if wrong?)

Team Naruto/Hinata:

TheRealTalker (Change avatar to collective/thread decision)

Welfare (Change avatar to collective/thread decision)

TheKaeptain

Khezu

Brinstar

FZZPure (Manga+Movie bet, 3 month change, Frog-fu chooses avatar if wrong)

Team Sasuke/Sakura:

Psycho_Mantis (Manga bet only, pending exchange: Frog-fu chooses avatar if wrong?)

Team No Pairings:

Brawndo Addict (Manga + Movie bet, 3 month change, Frog-fu chooses avatar if Naru/Saku happens, thread/collective decision otherwise)
Put me down for Naruto x Sakura even though there is almost zero chance with where The Last is headed. That's what I was arguing back in the day, and so I'll stick to it. I never go back on my words. IT'S MY NINTENDO.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member

Jigolo

Aw a little butt hurt are we? At least develop a counterargument rather rather than stooping to a mere explicit. If there's one thing that irritates me, it's when people dismiss genuine arguments backed up with valid point with little to no counterargument. Hur hur cool story bro, piss off.
FYI people wanted to see this video for a long time coming, we all know he sucks.

Bruh you are misunderstanding. I love KOL but you can't be messing with my boy Kakashi. I understand all the flaws but he is still my favorite character.

Kakashi for life

Frog-fu

Banned
Nah, fuck Kakashi. I'm really starting to hate on "cool guy" archetype characters lately, especially when they take up all the limelight from the MC.

Fuck Kakashi. Fuck Levi. Fuck characters of that type. All of them. They're shit.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
Bruh you are misunderstanding. I love KOL but you can't be messing with my boy Kakashi. I understand all the flaws but he is still my favorite character.

Kakashi for life

Then develop a counterargument bro! (BTW I hope I didn't/don't sound aggressive or anything). I mean my favourite characters are the Uchihas and lord knows how messed up Sasuke is! XD
*hugs*
Nah, fuck Kakashi. I'm really starting to hate on "cool guy" archetype characters lately, especially when they take up all the limelight from the MC.

Fuck Kakashi. Fuck Levi. Fuck characters of that type. All of them. They're shit.

Leave Levi alone! I thought people liked him.

Japarican

Banned
lol KOL is funny sometimes though. His manga reviews and live reactions are always entertaining. I was going to watch it but seen it was 50 minutes of how kakashi sucks and my heart can't take 50 minutes of him bashing my favorite character.

8WejEqV.png

I only need a 50-second explanation but 50 minutes. Why do people even do this

Frog-fu

Banned
Holy shit.

Nagato truly was a beast.
Has "God's eyes" which makes him invincible to "chakra" (ninjutsu?) can tackle most fighting styles, (taijutsu?) and also immune to "all eye illusion" (visual genjutsu?)

- Selected by Madara because of Uzumaki extreme chakra and can handle "2 eyes open". Near Bijuu chakra levels.

- Good in all fighting styles, "nin" (jutsu?), "tai", "gen"

- High "yang reserves" (??????) "giver of life"

- Very "fast" intelligence (?) keen mind, knows "thousands jutsus" (of jutsus?)

- Can sense "energy" (chakra from sensor type?) from miles away

I would get in on these bets but im afraid that kishI will pull narusaku out of his ass even though naruhina and sasusaku seem obvious at this point, especially if that Evil spoiler is right.

Frog-fu

Banned
More on Kaguya
Kaguya's Expansive Truthseeker Orb (膨張求道玉, Bōchō Gudōdama) is listed as a Kekkei Mora ninjutsu. It says that she used the Divine Tree to absorb chakra from all of the shinobi and create a maximized (極大化) Truthseeker Orb. The equivalent (同じ物だが, same/identical/similar) black orbs that appear behind Naruto's back when using Six Paths Sage Mode can't be compared to its dimensions. Comprised of all five elements and yin-yang, it had the power to oblitrate the world and return it to nothing. Caption: Comprised of all chakra natures, a vast, expanding mass is filled to the brim. Created to reshape the world, it was a huge mass of chaos.

Kaguya OP

I would get in on these bets but im afraid that kishI will pull narusaku out of his ass even though naruhina and sasusaku seem obvious at this point, especially if that Evil spoiler is right.

It wouldn't be an asspull. He's been forcing paralols down our throats for years.

Jigolo

LOL the video is awesome but man he's bashing my boy in cold blood. A counter argument could be made in that Win/Loss ratio, a big factor in all of his losses is that he had to protect other characters in those fights when the outcome could've been different.

Kakashi is stronger than both Kakuzu and Hidan and would be able to take them in a 1 on 1. Hell he could beat most of Akatsuki with the exception of Nagato, Itachi, and Obito.

LOL the plot hole shit is real as fuck; I feel sorry for Kishi. Kakashi should've been able to use that mangekyo sharigan before shippuden but Kishi hadn't planned that far ahead.

LOL I knew what that was before clicking the link. Haven't watched the video yet, because KOL reviews had dropped dramatically in quality with time.
I don't care who you are I'm not about to watch a fucking 50 minute video. Don't even think I'd watch obama talking that long let alone someone talking shit about OG kakashi.

Frog-fu

Banned
Oh wow.

I wish he was at 100% during the Invasion Arc.

Then again, who could possibly beat him at that point lol

We saw a glimpse of the beast, but it's too bad he was crippled and lacked mobility.

Itll be a gigantic asspull. Sakura is still madly in love with sasuke and I dont think anything will change that.

She's not "madly in love" with Sasuke though. The fact Naruto and Sakura both have entries considering one another, whilst Sasuke is discussed in a negative light in Sakura's entry and Hinata isn't mentioned at all in Naruto's entry.

LOL the video is awesome but man he's bashing my boy in cold blood. A counter argument could be made in that Win/Loss ratio, a big factor in all of his losses is that he had to protect other characters in those fights when the outcome could've been different.

Kakashi is stronger than both Kakuzu and Hidan and would be able to take them in a 1 on 1. Hell he could beat most of Akatsuki with the exception of Nagato, Itachi, and Obito.

Kakuzu would've beaten Kakashi like a drum. He had him outmatched in everything.

Kakashi didn't become stronger until the war arc.

Frog-fu

Banned
Keep in mind that Nagato got the Rinnegan when he was a child. Madara sensed that ridiculous potential.

explains why Obito only had on Rinnegan

Obito should've been able to handle both eyes no problem considering he's an Uchiha with Hashirama's DNA. Kamui was just too damn good to get rid of. Also, plot.

Maddocks

Obito probably would have been able to use them, but he said they sucked up a giant amount of chakra. Probably would'nt have been for the best to implant them both.

and come on. his right eye is so OP that nothing can top it.

We saw a glimpse of the beast, but it's too bad he was crippled and lacked mobility.

She's not "madly in love" with Sasuke though. The fact Naruto and Sakura both have entries considering one another, whilst Sasuke is discussed in a negative light in Sakura's entry and Hinata isn't mentioned at all in Naruto's entry.

Kakuzu would've beaten Kakashi like a drum. He had him outmatched in everything.

Kakashi didn't become stronger until the war arc.
Sigh whatever im not even gonna start.

NARUTO AVATAR BETS COMPILATION POST

Default bet seems to be a one month change to something collectively determined by the thread unless otherwise noted or intended. Individuals still determine the scope and terms of their bet even if not explicitly stated though.

Main Character Bets:

Team Naruto/Sakura

Frog-fu (Thread chooses avatar)

Pein

PeakPointMatrix

TacticalFox88

Zoe (Supporting but not betting)

Winterfang (Supporting but not betting)

-Pyromaniac- (Supporting but not bettting)

Rainy (Supporting but not betting)

Namikaze1 (Supporting but not betting)

ghstwrld (Supporting but not betting?)

Niks (Supporting but not betting)

Team Naruto/Hinata:

TheRealTalker (Thread chooses avatar)

Welfare (Thread Chooses avatar)

TheKaeptain

Khezu

Brinstar

Dusk Soldier

G-Unit

zedreamcast (Supporting but not betting)

Team Sasuke/Sakura:

Psycho_Mantis (Manga bet only)

Dusk Soldier

zedreamcast (Supporting but not betting)

Team Sakura/Lee:

Ponn01

Heroman

Team No Pairings:

Brawndo Addict (Manga + Movie bet, 3 month change, Frog-fu chooses avatar if Naru/Saku happens, thread chooses otherwise)

DryEyeRelief (Supporting but not betting)

Non Major Character / Side Bets

Team Sai/Ino:

Dusk Soldier

Team Kakashi Forever Alone

Dusk Soldier

Team Yamato x Someone

Dusk Solider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom