• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand how Sakura can act as a chakra battery since she released all of the chakra she had built up in that one attack on the ten-tails. :/

Then again this war arc basically has given everyone unlimited stamina.

While somehow acknowledging that chakra is limited.

Fezan

Naruto should not end with Sakura. Hokagay should be sasuke and Naruto should turn nomad and starr banging chicks in every hidden village

Welfare

When this War arc is over, will people pardon Saucekay for what he did, or will it take a TnJ from Naruto to do this? I don't see him becoming Hokage when the Leaf have Naruto.

I hope while Naruto is talking everyone into forgiving Sasuke, Raikage just runs over takes Sasuke's head off with the clothesline from hell, payback for taking his hand.

Khezu

Redemption in death would be a good way to end Sasukes arc.

Saving Naruto, and maybe Sakura w/e.

But he will probably live, and never have to deal with the consequences for being an international terrorist who assassinated the acting Hokage, and attacked the leaders of all the other hidden villages, and kidnapped the 8 tails jin, and killed a small poor salamander for no reason.

I just don't see this series ending with the extinction of the Uchiha. Unless Sasuke impregnates Sakura sometime before this war is over, I just don't see him dying. That's because I DO see Obito dying (though he is a bit of a cockroach).

I think death is too harsh for what Sasuke's done.

I think sasuke will not be treated as a criminal anymore but he won't join Konoha.

While I think some of the stuff Sasuke did was certainly wrong I'm quite surprised so many people forgive the Leaf for what is essentially genocide. Resorting to genocide seems like a very extreme solution to that problem. I doubt Hashirama would of allowed that.

I think sasuke will not be treated as a criminal anymore but he won't join Konoha.

While I think some of the stuff Sasuke did was certainly wrong I'm quite surprised so many people forgive the Leaf for what is essentially genocide. Resorting to genocide seems like a very extreme solution to that problem. I doubt Hashirama would of allowed that.
I don't see why Sasuke wouldn't be part of Konoha though. Considering his brothers sacrifice I mean. I genuinely think he will work on restoring the village. I also think once word spreads that an Uchiha and Naruto worked together to save the world it could bring peace between everyone. Throw in some TnJ from the boss and all will be will. Only conflict I think will be who becomes hokage and how to restore everything.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Wasn't the entire Uchiha clan save for the children in on the coup? And only itachi opposed?
Besides we're not talking genocide. More the extermination of an extended family of 50 or 100 people right

Frog-fu

Banned
I still don't understand how Sakura can act as a chakra battery since she released all of the chakra she had built up in that one attack on the ten-tails. :/

Then again this war arc basically has given everyone unlimited stamina.

That's because she didn't use up all of her chakra in that attack. Sakura used all of her chakra by Jūbi spawns, summoning Katsuyu, remote healing the survivors and keeping Naruto alive.

I'm assuming Naruto recharged her seal when he got back on his feet.

Contrary to popular believe, Sakura actually has quite a lot of chakra/stamina.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Everyone keeps saying Sasuke's been forgiven, but has he? He showed up in the middle of a battlefield fighting for the good guys again, I don't think people are necessarily thinking about his past crimes at that point. Once the dust settles, I think we'll start to see people's real attitude towards what he's done (crimes and world saving both included).

Everyone keeps saying Sasuke's been forgiven, but has he? He showed up in the middle of a battlefield fighting for the good guys again, I don't think people are necessarily thinking about his past crimes at that point. Once the dust settles, I think we'll start to see people's real attitude towards what he's done (crimes and world saving both included).
That's what I been saying. There's no time for judgement. Not only that, another argument was made by someone earlier that he could easily be perceived as a victim as well considering the amount of people that have been playing him. In fact, any time he seemed to learn some truth he slowly started his face turn, seemingly at least, we'll see.

As of this moment though no body knows what Sasuke is all about anyway. Even Kakashi questioned his true intentions earlier. We won't know where he really stands until this comes to an end.

Jonnax

That's what I been saying. There's no time for judgement. Not only that, another argument was made by someone earlier that he could easily be perceived as a victim as well considering the amount of people that have been playing him. In fact, any time he seemed to learn some truth he slowly started his face turn, seemingly at least, we'll see.

As of this moment though no body knows what Sasuke is all about anyway. Even Kakashi questioned his true intentions earlier. We won't know where he really stands until this comes to an end.

I have a feeling that Sasuke is going to die to protect everyone in the same way that Itachi did to protect Konoha. For instance to seal chakra from the world requires a sacrificial jutsu and that's the only way of defeating Kaguya. That seems like an easy way out instead of getting everyone's forgiveness.

I have a feeling that Sasuke is going to die to protect everyone in the same way that Itachi did to protect Konoha. For instance to seal chakra from the world requires a sacrificial jutsu and that's the only way of defeating Kaguya. That seems like an easy way out instead of getting everyone's forgiveness.
But then do you think Obito survives?

All I know for sure is there is no way this series ends with the Uchiha's going extinct lol.

The Uchiha are so fucked up that the mass murderer that killed his own mother is considered one of the ''good'' Uchiha.

Maybe going the way of the dodo is dodo the world a favor.

Jonnax

But then do you think Obito survives?

All I know for sure is there is no way this series ends with the Uchiha's going extinct lol.

Humm. I forgot old Obito has given himself a death sentance. But honestly the Uchiha have created all the problems in this series. Sasuke needs to realise that he's one of the baddies like this Mitchell and Webb sketch:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKcmnrE5oY

And then conduct the Uchiha Massacre Part 2 :p

The Uchiha are so fucked up that the mass murderer that killed his own mother is considered one of the ''good'' Uchiha.

Maybe going the way of the dodo is dodo the world a favor.

Seriously. It doesn't make sense that Itachi couldn't tell the Hokage of Danzo's plans and then slaughter the shit out of Danzo and all his little ANBU ninjas if they acted up. Nobody forced him to kill his own clan. He could have saved Sasuke from Danzo easily. And why didn't he just tell Sasuke the truth of what happened and continue to fight for Konoha? Or just kill himself. Nah, it's much easier to manipulate him into thinking you're evil (which you are no matter what because you slaughtered your own clan at some weakling's behest) so he can kill you and???? And help the Akatsuki??? What was the end goal there? Itachi sucks.

Seriously. It doesn't make sense that Itachi couldn't tell the Hokage of Danzo's plans and then slaughter the shit out of Danzo and all his little ANBU ninjas if they acted up. Nobody forced him to kill his own clan. He could have saved Sasuke from Danzo easily. And why didn't he just tell Sasuke the truth of what happened and continue to fight for Konoha? Or just kill himself. Nah, it's much easier to manipulate him into thinking you're evil (which you are no matter what because you slaughtered your own clan at some weakling's behest) so he can kill you and???? And help the Akatsuki??? What was the end goal there? Itachi sucks.
WHOA NOW WE ARE CROSSING SOME LINES BREH.

Let's be completely real. Hiruzen would have done absolutely nothing about it. He'd do the whole "we need evidence before acting" saint shtick. Or he simply just wouldn't do anything at all not believing it would happen. That's his MO. Look what happened afterwards. What did he do after the massacre to punish Danzo or whatever? He also knows what Danzo is all about, he isn't dumb. Keeping him that close he knew that Danzo is capable of schemes like that and probably saw it as a necessary evil.

Also what does Itachi telling him do exactly? Just because Hiruzen knows and would be willing to talk to the Uchiha doesn't mean the Uchiha would be willing to do the same. We all know how their hatred works. They had their minds made up. Itachi did the only thing he could to salvage the leaf village and possibly the future of his clan by saving Sasuke. The coup was going to happen no matter what, at least in this scenario the Uchiha aren't branded as traitors to the leaf.

ALSO, who knows what Danzo would have done if Hiruzen found out. Assuming he can't easily manipulate him which he might be able to considering how long they've been friends.

well Itachi did have a failsafe for Sasuke, brainwash him some more with a crow!!!!

man what a dick

Maddocks

I thought it was clear that the 3rd allowed the danzo to tell itachi to kill them all. He couldn't find a way to avoid it, but he did admit that he allowed danzo to deal with the seeder side of business when it comes to the village.

I thought it was clear that the 3rd allowed the danzo to tell itachi to kill them all. He couldn't find a way to avoid it, but he did admit that he allowed danzo to deal with the seeder side of business when it comes to the village.

If that's true, why did he disband Danzo's organization after the Uchiha incident?

I don't know about the first part but for sure on the second. They've been friends for decades upon decades. Hiruzen knows exactly what Danzo is about.

If that's true, why did he disband Danzo's organization after the Uchiha incident?
appeasement yo, but in all seriousness, what else was he going to do. He wanted Danzo to handle the seedy shit but he thought Danzo took it too far with this one. And he blamed himself.

Maddocks

From re-reading it seems that danzo told him that the 3rd would eventually see it from his point and would wipe them out if they started a civil war and gave him two options. join them and save his brother, don't join them and everyone dies.

Think the issue was danzo acted alone in telling itachi, but the 3rd secretly knew it was the right call. Which is why since he went against his authority(he wanted more time to hold talks) is why he shut danzo down.

The third knew the Uchiha where planning a rebellion and was trying to come out with a peaceful solution but they where running out of time, so Danzo approached Itachi alone.

Tobirama made a great point, Itachi was considered a good Uchiha because he killed his clan of freaks.

Heroman

Banned

He is responsible for the death of a hokage, he should be put to death.

Pein

Banned
I said it before but Danzo got shit done and Hiruzen let him because he was a pussy.

Danzo did what was necessary for the village and Hiruzen spent his time dicking about with the school children and letting his psychotic student run amok and stage a rebellion that nearly destroyed the leaf.

Danzo is the GOAT.

I said it before but Danzo got shit done and Hiruzen let him because he was a pussy.

Danzo did what was necessary for the village and Hiruzen spent his time dicking about with the school children and letting his psychotic student run amok and stage a rebellion that nearly destroyed the leaf.

Danzo is the GOAT.

Danzo can drown in piss forever for trying to have Kakashi killed

Danzo is definitely a dirtbag but Hiruzen is definitely guilty of letting him do this thing. And he felt that, he felt that he had failed the village by allowing all of this.

Literally no one will care that Sasuke killed Danzo. Most people who know are most likely secretly happy about it.

Pein

Banned
Danzo can drown in piss forever for trying to have Kakashi killed

Only thing I really wish Danzo didn't try to do. But Hiruzen rescuing Kakashi and Yamato was fucking boss.

I ship Danzo and Hiruzen.
Danzo is definitely a dirtbag but Hiruzen is definitely guilty of letting him do this thing. And he felt that, he felt that he had failed the village by allowing all of this.

Literally no one will care that Sasuke killed Danzo. Most people who know are most likely secretly happy about it.

If people found out the Uchiha were about to start civil war and then found out the truth that Danzo went ahead and put an end to them most of the village would be thankful. Most of the village probably wanted sasuke dead for the betrayal of running off with Orochimaru and we know the shinobi world wanted sasuke dead because all the kage were gunning for him at the summit. Nobody would be happy that a rogue ninja slaughtered a konoha higher up.

Tobirama should had just made that fat guy the Hokage before dying. Danzo was not Hokage material, he excelled in running things Mafia style. Hiruzen was a major pussy who almost got the village destroyed, his two assistant where much better neither and Kagami wa an Uchiha.

Pein

Banned
Tobirama should had just made that fat guy the Hokage before dying. Danzo was not Hokage material, he excelled in running things Mafia style. Hiruzen was a major pussy who almost got the village destroyed, his two assistant where much better neither and Kagami wa an Uchiha.

Hiruzen and Danzo were so far apart on issues it was hard to balance. It would've been nice to see Minato around as kage, the uchiha and orochimaru couldn't do shit if he was around.

Only thing I really wish Danzo didn't try to do. But Hiruzen rescuing Kakashi and Yamato was fucking boss.

I ship Danzo and Hiruzen.
If people found out the Uchiha were about to start civil war and then found out the truth that Danzo went ahead and put an end to them most of the village would be thankful. Most of the village probably wanted sasuke dead for the betrayal of running off with Orochimaru and we know the shinobi world wanted sasuke dead because all the kage were gunning for him at the summit. Nobody would be happy that a rogue ninja slaughtered a konoha higher up.
until he helps save the world. then what?!?!

Like I said, Sasuke did horrible things. But he can easily be painted as a victim. I'm sure Naruto the god of the leaf can make people see it that way if he wants to. Sasuke was played from the time he was a kid.

I've been lurking this thread sporadically, waiting for word of the manga's end. (It's been a long fucking wait.) Just reading the last page got me thinking: does the Naruto story advocate genocide?

Like, it's been a long time since I've followed this plot with any sort of interest, but I've never really understood why killing every man, woman, and child Uchiha save for one was "necessary." While such slaughter definitely goes against the ethos of the protagonist, Itachi is treated like some kind of noble martyr, making me think that his act of mass-murder is intended to be admirable…which is ludicrous on its face. Can someone clarify this for me?

Heroman

Banned

Like I said, Sasuke did horrible things. But he can easily be painted as a victim. I'm sure Naruto the god of the leaf can make people see it that way if he wants to. Sasuke was played from the time he was a kid.

Being a victim only goes so far , when you have done shit he has done, you cant be forgiven,

I've been lurking this thread sporadically, waiting for word of the manga's end. (It's been a long fucking wait.) Just reading the last page got me thinking: does the Naruto story advocate genocide?

Like, it's been a long time since I've followed this plot with any sort of interest, but I've never really understood why killing every man, woman, and child Uchiha save for one was "necessary." While such slaughter definitely goes against the ethos of the protagonist, Itachi is treated like some kind of noble martyr, making me think that his act of mass-murder is intended to be admirable…which is ludicrous on its face. Can someone clarify this for me?

He was intended to be a huge villain, but then he became a fan favorite so they turn him into an anti hero. So that doesn't make a lick of sense now.

They tried to explain it by saying that their entire clan had a mental problem and that Black Zetsu messed with the tablet, to practically ensure they would be assholes till the end

Pein

Banned

If Hiruzen killed orochimaru there would have been no Kabuto, no edo tensei and no madara, no Kaguya. Hiruzen doomed the world.

people get orphaned and victimized left in right in the naruto world, not everyone is a gullible idiot like sasuke who gets crazy eye powers and decides he wants to destroy his home town and commit acts of war at the drop of a hat.

There's a lot to be said on it but one part I think you have wrong is the part where you say what Itachi did was intended to be admirable. I don't think that's true. What he did is supposed to be horrifying and terrible. But that's what makes him placed that highly, because he was willing to do something like that to save the leaf.

I said it before but NO MATTER WHAT the Uchiha were going to be slaughtered. Itachi doing what he did not only made them look less bad, but also salvaged the clan by saving Sasuke, and ALSO benefited the leaf village. The actual act that he committed is definitely terrible though.

If Hiruzen killed orochimaru there would have been no Kabuto, no edo tensei and no madara, no Kaguya. Hiruzen doomed the world.

people get orphaned and victimized left in right in the naruto world, not everyone is a gullible idiot like sasuke who gets crazy eye powers and decides he wants to destroy his home town and commit acts of war at the drop of a hat.
yeah but naruto is special plus uchiha cycle of hatred something something etc... lol.

Like Naruto has said many times, he EASILY could have become a sasuke if not for some very specific things like Iruka and whatnot.

Orochimaru used Sasuke because he wanted his body, but it was Obito who really screw with his head.

Pein

Banned
Yeah Uchiha were gonna be annihilated any which way. If there was 1 change in the manga it would be that danzo and root took out the uchiha's while Itachi and sasuke were out doing something else.

Sasuke would have been a better character and Itachi could've been hokage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom