• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't believe that after this arc they will retain their powers. I feel like once they seal Kaguya they'll lose what Hagoromo gave them. Then it'll be the footing they were on before all this. BUT I also have a feeling that Naruto will somehow let the tailed beasts go and he'll lose that too.

Naruto will be shit without his tailed beasts.
He couldn't even beat Pain with sage mode.

Maddocks

I think they will lose their super powers, but naruto will keep a piece of all the tailed beasts while freeing them to roam around their respected placed. He is the new sage of the 6th path. He is always going to be the strongest character in the series.

They'll make it so he still retains some amount of chakra somehow. The rest will go away but Kurama will request to stay with Naruto. Or some weird shit.

Why did you do it Pyro? Why!!

Pyromaniac: To measure my abilities *SharinganFX*

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/3a/9a/47/3a9a476b03ca5e2fc3f334b1ab168153.jpg
I'm glad you came up with a witty response for me :D

All Naruto has to do is jump into the air and throw down a shit ton of rasengans

Or he could just make a whole bunch of clones and stab Sasuke the fuck up with kunai since he's supposed to be the fastest character in the series now and he can freaking fly

He also only has a tiny amount of the other tailed beasts. Madara/Kaguya has the majority. It should be asked what would Kishi do with those tailed beasts instead of the tiny fraction Naruto has.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
After playing the Revolution Demo, I felt an urge to read through Naruto Shippuden...

So far, it's sort of slow, even if a lot of shit is happening already with Gaara being kidnapped. Around what chapter does it really pick up? On the other hand, it's a nice change of pace from One Piece which I read last since it's easier to follow the flow of the fights and what's going on, whereas sometimes I'm overwhelmed by One Piece.

oh lol gaara getting kidnapped was way back

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
He also only has a tiny amount of the other tailed beasts. Madara/Kaguya has the majority. It should be asked what would Kishi do with those tailed beasts instead of the tiny fraction Naruto has.

He still has a whole half of Kurama (who even at half strengh managed to take on 5 tailed beasts at once... )

After playing the Revolution Demo, I felt an urge to read through Naruto Shippuden...

So far, it's sort of slow, even if a lot of shit is happening already with Gaara being kidnapped. Around what chapter does it really pick up? On the other hand, it's a nice change of pace from One Piece which I read last since it's easier to follow the flow of the fights and what's going on, whereas sometimes I'm overwhelmed by One Piece.

The story keeps pretty much steady, you are still very far off. So just take it easy and enjoy, is in the build to to the war and the war itself when things scale to a reaching point.

Was Naruto in base when he did that giant Rasenshuriken on top of the Shinju?

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
All Naruto has to do is jump into the air and throw down a shit ton of rasengans

Or he could just make a whole bunch of clones and stab Sasuke the fuck up with kunai since he's supposed to be the fastest character in the series now and he can freaking fly

He can't throw Rasengans
He can only make 2-3 Rasenshurikens in sage mode before running out of chakra.
He wont be able to fly if he loses his sage power and Bijuu
Sasuke would just use Susanoo on everything...

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
The story keeps pretty much steady, you are still very far off. So just take it easy and enjoy, is in the build to to the war and the war itself when things scale to a reaching point.

Was Naruto in base when he did that giant Rasenshuriken on top of the Shinju?

Hard to see but looks like sage mode
naruto-4596733.jpg

He can't throw Rasengans
He can only make 2-3 in sage mode before running out of chakra.
He wont be able to fly if he loses his sage power and Bijuu
Sasuke would just use Susanoo on everything...

Man that's lame. If Naruto has to lose his tailed beats then Sasuke has to get rid of his stupid bloodline enhancements

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
Man that's lame. If Naruto has to lose his tailed beats then Sasuke has to get rid of his stupid bloodline enhancements

Sasuke's hax powers were limited by the fact they wore him out pretty quickly and just using Susanoo for one fight left him nearly blind afterwards.

Getting Itachi's eyes stopped all of that though...

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
don't worry naruto gonna get all that chakara back and give gaara his tailed beast back

A Naruto clone did decently against Edo Madara when he first arrived at the scene. granted it was with team work but Madara is way stronger than Sasuke and that was a single clone.

Anyway it doesn't really Matter. Since both of then woke their Asura/Indra powers which pretty much guarantees they will be beast no matter what other powers they have. (Hashirama for example)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Hahaha.

You're talking as if Pain is a scrub-level opponent.

He's an absolute beast. I believe he can even manhandle all the Kages working together trying to beat him in the same manner like Madara.

Hahaha.

You're talking as if Pain is a scrub-level opponent.

He's an absolute beast. I believe he can even manhandle all the Kages working together trying to beat him in the same manner like Madara.

ehhhh I think it goes either way depending on if Pain uses super shinra tensei or chibaku tensei from the start

Raikage and Oonoki combo(the Oonoki backpack) would destroy any path in their way, Tsunade can fight Hungry Ghost, have Gaara and Mei keep up the pressure on Deva and make him waste a Shinra Tensei and Raikage+backpack can take him out too.

If Pain goes straight for the CT then its gg unless Oonoki(he really is the key to this fight) can destroy the core. SST from the start lets Pain set up with all his summons and could knock out someone like Mei.

Nagato by himself however would be even worse for them, ranged attacks are useless and taijutsu would get beaten down like Bee and Naruto.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
ehhhh I think it goes either way depending on if Pain uses super shinra tensei or chibaku tensei from the start

Raikage and Oonoki combo(the Oonoki backpack) would destroy any path in their way, Tsunade can fight Hungry Ghost, have Gaara and Mei keep up the pressure on Deva and make him waste a Shinra Tensei and Raikage+backpack can take him out too.

If Pain goes straight for the CT then its gg unless Oonoki(he really is the key to this fight) can destroy the core. SST from the start lets Pain set up with all his summons and could knock out someone like Mei.

Nagato by himself however would be even worse for them, ranged attacks are useless and taijutsu would get beaten down like Bee and Naruto.

Regardless, talking Naruto is shit for not being able to defeat such an incredibly powerful opponent that could level an entire city in just one shot even with a powerful mode (that he *just* mastered) is silly.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
yup, series should have ended after Pain arc.

All this recent stuff has given me the "dragon ball GT" vibe.
I think that if Kishi really wanted to delve into ninjas from past generations, he should have made part 3 a prequel instead of reviving everyone as zombies en masse. Although, I guess he did have to do something with Akatsuki and their capturing of the tailed beasts...

It's not all bad, and Post-Pain has given us some great stuff:

-Sasuke getting a chance to meet Itachi after learning the truth

-Nagato fighting in his original body without being crippled by the Gedo Statue

-Resolution to the Akatsuki/Tailed Beast plotline

-Pretty cool backstory on Hashirama, Madara, Sage of the Six Paths

-Fighting the Ten Tails, which is a truly terrifying enemy

But stuff like Tobi being Obito, Madara reviving himself, Kaguya coming back... I enjoy what's there, but their inclusion is still questionable.

I agree that the end of the pain arc might have been the peak, at least for me personally, but there were some things I REALLY liked after it, despite any unevenness.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yeah Pain was a monster. Naruto had sage mode AND intel AND kurama and still barely won.

He didn't just have kurama, he unleashed his full power (though completely wildly) on Nagato and Nagato held up.

AND Nagato had been fighting the entire Leaf village (and toppled it) before Naruto fought him.

AND Nagato had his chakra diluted into sixths (then fifths, fourths, etc...)

Naruto would have lost to Nagato under most circumstances. Naruto might have to go into 9-tails chakra mode to beat Nagato in a fresh battle.

Frog-fu

Banned
This reminds me of that scene in the during the 5 kage summit and she told Naruto she loved him.

Naruto let that bitch know what's up.

To be fair to Sakura though, as much hate as she gets for it, she was willing to be with it Naruto if it meant he'd happy and would give up on pursuing Sasuke, who caused him so much pain.

She loyal.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
To be fair to Sakura though, as much hate as she gets for it, she was willing to be with it Naruto if it meant he'd happy and would give up on pursuing Sasuke, who caused him so much pain.

She loyal.

Nope, she only did it to ease his mind and ease her own guilt for going behind Naruto's back and killing his best friend.

It was a selfish move on her part. And a dick move to Naruto

Sakura did all that bullshit and then completely choked when she met up with Sasuke, I wish he had killed her.

that arc was the lowest point for all 3 of them.

EhoaVash

Sakura did all that bullshit and then completely choked when she met up with Sasuke, I wish he had killed her.

that arc was the lowest point for all 3 of them.

lol completely agree. like wtf these girls in naruto are the craziest like that was the 3rd time sasuke tried to kill her but she still couldn't da faq? I kind of wished Sasuke would of left her behind/ killed her but nope kishimoto loves making the woman in this series into blind idiots most of the time.

anyway, after this whole kaguya thing is done and all...I hope sakura back stabs sasuke some point this arc ( like the ending of death note ^^ ) :p i mean face it, sasuke still has no redeem factor when this war is over. He will either have to run away, or go to ninja jail ..or just die ..and sakura is the perfect candidate to end him after all that shit. Finally putting that damn uchiha blood line to sleep

sasuke is probably going to sacrifice himself to end this war isn't he. tis the only way to redeem that character <.>

That's what kills me most about Sakura. She's all talk man. Put up or shhh.

Also Sasuke can get away with everything he has done by basically being the last uchiha (obito will die guyz). No one is going to ruin that bloodline. Like I said they showed that hashirama/madara story for a reason. They will work together.

Trey

I could have sworn Naruto could throw his rasengans. Really with all his other bullshit, throwing a rasengan would be tame.

One thing the Naruto anime does right is the music. bar none my favorite among the shounen I watch.
THE FUCKING GOAT

One thing the Naruto anime does right is the music. bar none my favorite among the shounen I watch.
I really like the villains too. People complain but goddamn if I don't love almost everyone they've come across from Zabuza to the Akatsuki to Orochimaru to Pain, etc...They come off really well in the anime.

brinstar

It's kind of funny to think that this entire battle has escalated from a scuffle between Naruto, Killer Bee & Obito in the woods.

It's kind of funny to think that this entire battle has escalated from a scuffle between Naruto, Killer Bee & Obito in the woods.

Kind of funny to think a 12-year old's crush would lead to war.

Kind of funny to think that a piece of Hashirama's torn flesh led to the creation of Zetsu, his activation of the Rinnegan, and everything thereafter.

Kind of funny to think that Orochimaru might have turned out okay if he was elected 4th Hokage meaning no Sasuke temptation and Part 1 Antagonist.

Kind of funny to think that if Minato had killed Obito, the entire series wouldn't have happened.

Kind of funny to think that, despite all the odds, Black Zetsu would eventually manipulate someone enough to summon Kaguya.

Kind of funny to think that Sakura still loves Sasuke despite him not giving a shit/attempting to kill her, Hinata loving Naruto despite him still not acknowledging her feelings, and Karin loving Sasuke after he tried to kill her. These are the main romantic subplots in the series.

Frog-fu

Banned
Nope, she only did it to ease his mind and ease her own guilt for going behind Naruto's back and killing his best friend.

It was a selfish move on her part. And a dick move to Naruto

Obviously there was an element of guilt but you're framing it to make Sakura look in the worst way possible.

12 year old Sakura asked Naruto bring Sasuke back.
Naruto makes a promise of a lifetime to get him back but fails to bring Sasuke back the first and nearly died.
Sakura feels guilty but promises that they'll get him together.
Several hundred chapters/years later, Naruto is still pursuing Sasuke, though the promise means less and less to the both of them.
Sai tells 16 year Sakura that the promise Naruto made is hurting him, i.e. Sasuke and Sakura are both causing him pain.
Sakura feels even more guilty than before, especially now that Sasuke has turned into a criminal and ally of Akatsuki.
Sakura tries to make things right her by making Naruto in her own way by removing the things that cause him pain A) Sasuke, and B) not being with her.

Thus came the false confession.

Now, as I understand it, Sakura was not only willing to kill Sasuke so Naruto wouldn't have to (and keep in mind that all their peers were at a point where they wanted to kill Sasuke), she was willing to be with him because that's what he want.

That level of sacrifice is on the same level of sacrifice Naruto has made for Sakura, i.e. not pursuing one he loves and bringing Sasuke back by himself.

Now, of course, the vast majority of the fanbase can't move past a few shitty things Sakura did at the start of the manga and because she's "useless" so literally everything she does is taken in the worse possible way simply to bag on her because she's such a terrible character.

Pein

Banned
Regardless, talking Naruto is shit for not being able to defeat such an incredibly powerful opponent that could level an entire city in just one shot even with a powerful mode (that he *just* mastered) is silly.

no way, Ei+Oonoki backpack is a great counter for Pain. They would demolish Pain and his 5 second interval. Tsunade powered Jinton is also good and lightened sand gaara would be dangerous seeing as regular sand could catch Ei mid guillotine drop. Mei is good support for her massive suitons and mist jutsu.

If Naruto was to lose all his jinchuriki powers now he'd still have be a chakra beast and have his sage mode and summons. I could still see him keeping kyuubi chakra like how Kin and Gin were.

Last thing can we all agree that Ei is the most badass Kage, dude was straight up with Naruto about sasuke and gave no fucks to enton.

I agree that Sakura was willing to sacrifice a lot to try and help Naruto but the execution was terrible. She could have tried...you know...having a sincere and honest conversation about her feelings and everything that's going on. I guess it's hard to discuss things like that because it's hard separating the character from the fact that she is being written and doesn't act on her own.

But yeah. In the end, I'm willing to give Sakura the benefit of the doubt. I feel like she's a character that has shown signs of growth and then quickly signs of regression. Then repeat. I think this is what annoys people the most, at least it does for me. We'll see how she acts throughout the rest of this art and afterwards. If she remains consistent in her growth then I'll actually consider her arc lately a good one. If not, all wasted.

The thing that irks me is when people always remember sasuke trying to attack but don't remember that Sakura was trying to kill him as well and iirc was the first one who attacked.

Man I really don't get it, all Sasuke does is catch Sakura to stop her from collapsing and the fanbase goes nuts.

Kishi stringing everyone along like a bunch of puppets I tell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom