• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it was the shadow clone that went with Sakura/Obito that got done in by Kaguya? It showed Naruto hanging on to Kaguya when she went through the portal.

Pein

Banned
The thing that irks me is when people always remember sasuke trying to attack but don't remember that Sakura was trying to kill him as well and iirc was the first one who attacked.

He just told her to kill Karin, a girl on the brink of death, he had just killed Danzo and he admitted to wanting to destroying Konoha. To top it off he tried to kill her with a chidori in the back with out her trying anything, Sasuke struck first and he didn't know she had come to kill him.

He just told her to kill Karin, a girl on the brink of death, he had just killed Danzo and he admitted to wanting to destroying Konoha. To top it off he tried to kill her with a chidori in the back with out her trying anything, Sasuke struck first and he didn't know she had come to kill him.

I thought she approached him first with the poison kunai, failed and he attacked her. Maybe my memory is incorrect.

Don't forget, you'll always know which is the real Naruto because he has the black balls around him.

I'd like to think Naruto isn't dumb enough to not have noticed that.

I wouldn't be surprised if he also attached his balls to another clone to trick Kaguya again, if he can do that then it'll be impossible to find the real one again.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The thing that irks me is when people always remember sasuke trying to attack but don't remember that Sakura was trying to kill him as well and iirc was the first one who attacked.

He told her to finish off Karin to prove her loyalty to him. She drew a Kunai while standing over Karin for a few seconds, clearly hesitant and unwilling to carry her bluff (meant to get closer to sasuke) through if it involved killing an innocent person. Sasuke reacted: "Can't do it?" and attempted to strike sakura with a chidori, who dodged only because she saw Karin's expression widen as Sasuke approached her from behind.

Later on, while Sasuke was fighting Kakashi, Sakura snuck up on sasuke with the kunai drawn, but stopped literally right behind him, just standing there. Once sasuke realized she was there, he grabbed her arm and prepared to slice her with her own kunai... and that's when Naruto saved her.

Sasuke called her bluff (not that he cared if she came with him or not, since he'd undoubtedly dispose of her when she was no longer of use like he did Karin), but he was also the first one to strike, and he tried to kill her twice.

Man I really don't get it, all Sasuke does is catch Sakura to stop her from collapsing and the fanbase goes nuts.

Kishi stringing everyone along like a bunch of puppets I tell ya.

Well you have to put yourself in that pairing place. Sasuke treats Sakura like fodder garbage that would be better of put out of their misery. So to then this moment is like Christmas and the 4th of July at once.

Pein

Banned
The only time I felt sakura was unanimously loved was when she and chiyo were in the first good naruto episode in years. That shippuden episode 26, weird to think it was 7 years ago.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm so hooked on this. 1 month wait and I finished reading the 4 chapters in 5 mins -_____-

Anyway.....Sasuke x Sakura hell yeeeeeeah!

Screen_Shot_2014_07_17_at_22_54_00.jpg

It's a nice change of pace after these two tried kill each other and Sakura's fake smile and all that.

I want to like Sakura. My favourite characters in movies/anime is always the badass women. That's why Temari is cool! Sakura has her moments but bleh. I'm open to being won over. So far so good. Now she just has to bring it home.

I always respected that about Naruto. They rarely ever sexualize. I think the only one I can think about from the main cast is Hinata post-time skip got the tata's but even then it wasn't terrible.

But Hinita is where it's at

She has gravity defying boobs.

naruto-8856.jpg

LOL what the hell, I started reading the manga after the pain fight.

Sakura's eyes have a lovely shade of green. Screw it all

NarutoXKaguya

That way Naruto can actually bang himself some Uchiha (Madara's original body)

Man I really don't get it, all Sasuke does is catch Sakura to stop her from collapsing and the fanbase goes nuts.

Kishi stringing everyone along like a bunch of puppets I tell ya.

This.

lol

I didn't see anything romantic on that. Both seem relieved that the rescue plan was done well. Sakura knew that bringing Sasuke back was the only chance to save the world, I can't believe she did all that effort because she still loves him. She did the effort to save everyone and she would act like that if it was the case to rescue Naruto.

The only new thing I noticed was that Sasuke's glance was of someone who is grateful. Perhaps now he is glad that he saved Sakura and the others along. But I didn't see anything like "I'm feeling something for you girl".

But Kishimoto can do anything he wants... I honestly don't care much about these shipping stuff in Naruto since it is done terribly.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
LOL what the hell, I started reading the manga after the pain fight.

Sakura's eyes have a lovely shade of green. Screw it all

NarutoXKaguya

That way Naruto can actually bang himself some Uchiha (Madara's original body)

After the pain fight it started going downhill.

I think Naruto hyperventilating over Sasuke was the lowest point in the manga.

Naruto will end up with Hinata

Sasuke will end up with Sakura

Thats how it should always be.

Anyway do you guys consider my avatar spoilery?

I didn't think it was since you can't see his eyes well or who the other character is.

No, I think it's ok.

I dont think anyone cares. :) So its fine.

Cool.

This.

lol

I didn't see anything romantic on that. Both seem relieved that the rescue plan was done well. Sakura knew that bringing Sasuke back was the only chance to save the world, I can't believe she did all that effort because she still loves him. She did the effort to save everyone and she would act like that if it was the case to rescue Naruto.

The only new thing I noticed was that Sasuke's glance was of someone who is grateful. Perhaps now he is glad that he saved Sakura and the others along. But I didn't see anything like "I'm feeling something for you girl".

But Kishimoto can do anything he wants... I honestly don't care much about these shipping stuff in Naruto since it is done terribly.

Look at that romantic stare

Screen_Shot_2014_07_18_at_10_12_28.jpg

On a more serious note, what Sasuke says at the end is more important. He seems to be truly grateful towards Sakura.

Frog-fu

Banned
Naruto will end up with Hinata

Sasuke will end up with Sakura

Thats how it should always be.

Anyway do you guys consider my avatar spoilery?

I didn't think it was since you can't see his eyes well or who the other character is.

But Sasuke doesn't like Sakura and Naruto doesn't like Hinata. At least Naruto and Sakura are close friends with a lot of history, and Sakura at least acknowledges Naruto's feelings for her, even if she doesn't necessarily feel that same way - and I'm tempted to add a 'yet' as it's entirely possible her feelings might have changed already.

If Kishi's indicated anything in this war arc regarding ships it's that Sasuke will end up with Karin and Naruto will end up Sakura.

You avatar is a little spoilery I guess but I think it's fine.

Frog-fu

Banned
As much as people have ridiculed this moment, I think it is pretty understandable for him to have a mental breakdown at that point

Friend he's trying to save himself goes off into the deep end pursuing ambitions that will simply hurt everyone while all of his peers are deciding behind his back to find and kill said friend before people can hurt.

Nah, that's not potentially overwhelming at all.

As much as people have ridiculed this moment, I think it is pretty understandable for him to have a mental breakdown at that point

If their friendship wasn't so forced and not shoved down our throats I could maybe believe it, but nope.

These two were never friends.

Period.

If their friendship wasn't so forced and not shoved down our throats I could maybe believe it, but nope.

These two were never friends.

Period.
Meh I don't buy that. I feel like yes, a lot of it was left to the reader to fill in but there were indicators showing that they had a deeper bond. They may not have been buddy buddy friends but they were rivals who developed a respect and deep understanding of one another throughout. I'm actually glad Kishi didn't turn them into buds like Shikamaru's team. That wouldn't fit the character of Sasuke.

And they did express it during key moments in part 1 and even in shippuden. Even when Sasuke got mad at stuff Naruto was saying you can clearly tell he be all mad because it's true and he was trying to be all tough and strong. Bros are bros.

Friend he's trying to save himself goes off into the deep end pursuing ambitions that will simply hurt everyone while all of his peers are deciding behind his back to find and kill said friend before people can hurt.

Nah, that's not potentially overwhelming at all.

you're right, it isn't overwhelming,

that arc made me completely tune out of caring about these characters

I just read the first volume of Naruto on Comixology.

My in-depth impressions:

This is why nothing with action in it should be black and white. I have no idea what's happening in these fight scenes.

Sakura sucks

And Sakura sucks

Naruto was more interesting when he was perverted and annoying.

See two lines up.

sethnz

Neo Member
The series went shit a while the characters were trying to rescue Orihime after he got kidnapped. I think for a while it was as popular as OP/Naruto, but most people I know dropped it halfway in that "Las Noches" thing.

I don't really think it was world focused. The game didn't really get into that kind of stuff until the Jiraya vs Pain arc. When they start talking about little countries becoming the battlefield for the bigger ones, Akatsuki original motives, Danzo, Hanzo and all that stuff.

Here you nail some stuff. I think the series was too character focused, but things went wrong when they started focusing just on Naruto and the Uchihas. Especially on the Uchihas.

- The Zabuza arc is cool because it presents the main characters.
- The Chunnin Exam arc is cool because you get more information about the other Konoha Gennins and some small bits about the overall world of Naruto. And you meet Orochimaru which is supposed to be the baddie. You see Hinata, Rock Lee, Neji and Gaara progressing through the story.
- After that they look for Tsunade and it's quite cool, because Naruto gets his "Kamehameha" and gets near Sasuke level.
- Its chase has some neat cool stuff since Kiba and Choji get the spotlight. You see the return of some secondary characters like Lee, Neji and Shikamaru

Once you go to Shippuden things aren't that cool. Lee's and Kiba's team get ditched. Shikamaru's team gets some extra love which is cool because Shikamaru is a good character (not that strong bur really smart).

But you really start seeing the series focusing on just Naruto and Sasuke (and Itachi, since the latter is obsessed with him). Even Kakashi is less important when he was supposed to be an ultimate baddass (a shame, again, because Kakashi is a "smart" character and has few chakra, so he can't just go creating 1000 clones).

The fact that Taka support characters are terrible doesn't help.

At the start the war promised to show more secondary characters. It seems somebody decided it wasn't good enough and it was better to slap Naruto clones everywhere. The fact that they went through the whole Azuma's death thing again wasn't that good though. They should have given some development to Kurenai's and Guy's team. Some friend of mine
complained because I didn't give a shit when
Neji dies
. But, why should I? That character disappeared for 300 chapters. It's hard to empathise with somebody that I haven't seen on screen in years (fillers aside).

Azuma's
death was great because he "cooked".
Jiraya's
death was great (in a really sad way) because it was "cooked" too and he is an important character on its own. If
Kakashi died
it would have been great (in a really sad way too) because it's an important character.

At this point they could kill every of the original Genins outside Rock Lee, Shikamaru and Chojin (and Akamaru lol. He is a dog, so I must love him) and I wouldn't give a crap, tbh.

Hey, so this is kind of late on a lot of different things that this thread has been talking about, I've been waiting for account activation!

For starters, I love this manga/show and have since I first started watching it in the 4th grade, now that being said I personally think that it has gone way downhill in a number of ways and its honestly very upsetting.

When it comes to the plot line, and the general direction the manga has gone lately, I am not a fan, I think that to a degree the shinobi world war has been very cool, and honestly a lot of it has given me the chills (especially because I often like to wait and read a lot of it at once while i listen to the music from the show because I'm a nerd), but at the same time, I was really upset with the way madara turned out as a villain. Sauske's change of heart, is one thing, I can deal with it to a degree, because it gives a different ending to the story, than the one I had previously predicted, and I like the previous hokage being revived and fighting with the allied shinobi forces.

on the other hand however, I think that it made kishi totally dig a hole for himself in the way that the end of the war was going, because after obito was defeated by naruto, he was going to be the last obstacle, and honestly, his turning into a jinchuriki ruined him for me, I don't give a rats ass about his sage of sixth paths abilities or whatever, I was really looking forward to him as madara combating naruto and the previous and current kage, especially because I would have loved to see a full all out battle between him and the first.

with him becoming the jinchuriki, and killing naruto and sauske, they came back insanely over powered, and I didn't really enjoy the fact that they're actual reincarnations of the sage's sons, because it takes away from so many of the other parallels with the two of them and the various other generations of characters. to sum up this point, I don't see the end of the war being THAT interesting if kaguya is the last thing they do and then madara doesn't fight anyone, not to mention naruto bringing guy back to life, not that I'm upset he didn't die, totally took away from the emotional aspect of his flash backs and opening all 8 gates, it made it insignificant IMO.

theres more I could say, but being so late to the thread i won't go on about that stuff right now.

although i think its a possibility that naruto ends up with sakura, i think its more likely that sauske ends up with her or an unnamed character, or possibly karin, and if he doesn't end up with sakura, lee will.

the way I think the series is going to end now, not the war, but the series, is that after the war, sauske (having redeemed himself) will be at the leaf with naruto, the village repaired, however long its been, but a new hokage is going to be chosen, naruto and sauske are going to fight to decide which of the two will concede or accept the position, and (their powers are gone, they're normal super overpowered ninja without the sages shit) they fight, naruto wins the fight, but then gives the position to sauske, and naruto goes on to become a sage, the last frame of the manga is going to be a flashback quote of most likely jiraiya, while naruto leaves the village and you see his headband on the memorial, and naruto leaves wearing the sage headband jiraiya had, sauske is the hokage, and restores the uchia. thats the way i think it will end now, unless kishi, dicks us out and shows the two just running at one an other about to throw a punch.

the way i thought it was going to go at first, after obito revealed he was "madara" and told sauske about the truth about the uchia massacre, I thought the war was going to be fought, I had given up on the idea that tobi, was obito, and thought they were gonna do the war thing, sauske was going to eventually kill kakashi, and it was going to end somehow with a variety of different theories i had, the rest was speculations about techniques and stuff naruto was going to develop.

but those are some of my opinions on the series now, and how its going to end. personally I wouldn't even have minded sauske's 180 switch, except for the fact that it implied madara and hashirama were going to fight, and that the war went in a strange direction with it because it shifted the parallels which i thought was going to happen after sauske and naruto fought, or after he killed some leaf ninja like kakashi, but i don't like that madara just got like switched out and fucked up so randomly, I would have liked to see hashirama and him go all out, and then naruto and sauske sort of just take over or something, anyway, now I'm ranting and probably making much less sense than I would otherwise so I'm done, thoughts? also to the quote above I completely agree with quite a lot of what you're saying.

P.S. I apologize that this was super long, and if its a little incoherent, i wanted to post the other day when i made this account but i had to wait, and this is my first ever forum post, i haven't ever wanted to contribute to a thread i've read until this one, so this is my first account, and post of this nature. THANKS!

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto: F

This chapter sucked. Fuck Naruto and a big Fuck You to Sakura, the worst character I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

What happened to the boss-Sauce that said "What would you do if you knew anyway?" and "You're just as useless as Sakura, so just shut up...and let me handle it"??????

This was literally like 5 chapters ago. This guy can't even keep his own characters in character.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I still don't understand how Sakura can act as a chakra battery since she released all of the chakra she had built up in that one attack on the ten-tails. :/

Then again this war arc basically has given everyone unlimited stamina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom