• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't if I trust Itachi to be Hokage. He is the best at being a liar, spy, great warrior and his commitment to the village is insane but I don't think he is leader material.

I did loved who the people on the village started suggesting Naruto for Hokage when Tsunade went into a comma. He is my favorite character.

He was intended to be a huge villain, but then he became a fan favorite so they turn him into an anti hero. So that doesn't make a lick of sense now.

They tried to explain it by saying that their entire clan had a mental problem and that Black Zetsu messed with the tablet, to practically ensure they would be assholes till the end

See, that's what I always kind of suspected. Really disappointing as I was a fan of early Naruto. Is the mental problem you refer to that bunk about
"love" and Uchiha's basically being unable to handle it?
God what a stupid plot development.

-Pyromaniac- said:
There's a lot to be said on it but one part I think you have wrong is the part where you say what Itachi did was inteded to be admirable. I don't think that's true. What he did is supposed to be horrifying and terrible. But that's what makes him placed that highly, because he was willing to do something like that to save the leaf.

I said it before but NO MATTER WHAT the Uchiha were going to be slaughtered. Itachi doing what he did not only made them look less bad, but also salvaged the clan by saving Sasuke, and ALSO benefited the leaf village. The actual act that he committed is definitely terrible though.

Actually, that's exactly what I was referring to. It bothers me that Itachi is supposed to be admired because he did this murderous act for the sake of the state basically. It's hard to think of a reason why anyone would look up to somebody for doing something like that.

I can't really comment on the inevitability of all the Uchiha being slaughtered, because I don't really know all the facts, but I don't know if I can buy that logic. I mean how can anybody know something like that with any kind of certainty? Yes, I know Itachi supposed to be some super ninja genius but still.

Pein

Banned
The real choice for hokage should be kakashi. Kage level prowess, intelligent, good lineage, famous, was a direct student of a kage. The last one is especially important, if your not linked to Hashirama you might as well be iruka or teuchi.

Heroman

Banned
See, that's what I always kind of suspected. Really disappointing as I was a fan of early Naruto. Is the mental problem you refer to that bunk about

Actually, that's exactly what I was referring to. It bothers me that Itachi is supposed to be admired because he did this murderous act for the sake of the state basically. It's hard to think of a reason why anyone would look up to somebody for doing something like that.

I can't really comment on the inevitability of all the Uchiha being slaughtered, because I don't really know all the facts, but I don't know if I can buy that logic. I mean how can anybody know something like that with any kind of certainty? Yes, I know Itachi supposed to be some super ninja genius but still.

Because time and time again the Uchiha clan are always fucking things up.

There is no way in hell the Uchiha were gonna succeed in their coup, they might have had a very slim chance if no one knew and they somehow assassinated all the strong guys at the same time.

Itachi and Shisui's betrayal insured the Uchiha would fail, they lost the element of surprise and two of their strongest ninja by a very wide margin.

The real choice for hokage should be kakashi. Kage level prowess, intelligent, good lineage, famous, was a direct student of a kage. The last one is especially important, if your not linked to Hashirama you might as well be iruka or teuchi.

Nah, he got wrecked by Pain. Ninjesus all the way son.

I miss when he used to carry around his Icha Icha tactics books all the time. Before the time skip was so much better, even though Kakashi carried them somewhat in Shippuuden. It's like Dragonball and DBZ.

I still want Naruto and Sasuke to become Jounin before they're even considered, no matter how powered up they are lol.

It's noble to be the one who has to bear the burden of committing the absolute most horrible of sins in order to preserve his own people as well as help the village as a whole. I don't see how some can't see that. I get thinking it's unforgivable and a horrible crime. But as a warrior/shinobi/whatever, he did something that a weaker person simply couldn't do. The amount of will and strength it takes to do something as vicious as that for the future of your own people, for your little brother, and for the village. That's crazy.

And kakashi wouldn't work as hokage dude would keep coming up with excuses as to why is always late to important meetings. He'd be a great adviser though. No one deserves to be Hokage more than Naruto in the end consider all he has done.

Pein

Banned
I miss when he used to carry around his Icha Icha tactics books all the time. Before the time skip was so much better, even though Kakashi carried them somewhat in Shippuuden. It's like Dragonball and DBZ.

I still want Naruto and Sasuke to become Jounin before they're even considered, no matter how powered up they are lol.

I wish part 1 had lasted longer, more ninja missions and regular training, I'd have loved kakashi just training both of them up to jonin level. Now sasuke and Naruto are so above everyone else it would be a joke.

Naruto reaching sage mode and Sasuke getting MS should have been a close to their final power level. Or at the maximum EMS with out Perfect susanoo and KCM. Still powerful but they could still be challenged.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I wish part 1 had lasted longer, more ninja missions and regular training, I'd have loved kakashi just training both of them up to jonin level. Now sasuke and Naruto are so above everyone else it would be a joke.

Naruto reaching sage mode and Sasuke getting MS should have been a close to their final power level. Or at the maximum EMS with out Perfect susanoo and KCM. Still powerful but they could still be challenged.

Naruto and Sasuke practicing their chakra control on the tree is, like, the only genuine moment of both rivalry and friendship we see between the two of them. Unless you want to include the smack talking during the haku/orochimaru forest of death battles

Those were definitely my favourite parts. Also loved Naruto training with Jiraiya. I think post-sage mode wise it was fine when Naruto figured out how to use the power of the nine tails better, I think that's also a natural progression, something that began i part 1. But they definitely took it too far dbz style.

Also loved Naruto training with Kakashi and Yamato that time.

GaimeGuy

Those were definitely my favourite parts. Also loved Naruto training with Jiraiya. I think post-sage mode wise it was fine when Naruto figured out how to use the power of the nine tails better, I think that's also a natural progression, something that began i part 1. But they definitely took it too far dbz style.

He trained what, like the equivalent of 500 years? Good thing only the fatigue and knowledge accumulates, and not the aging!

him:
nWTgySP.jpg

He trained what, like the equivalent of 500 years? Good thing only the fatigue and knowledge accumulates, and not the aging!
I loved that so much. The idea of using shadow clones for training. It was clever and uniquely Naruto and it was awesome.

Pein

Banned

I disliked konohmaru in part 1 but dude is shaping up to be Hiruzen 2.0 with Naruto mixed in. Watch the Chunin exam ova with Konohamaru vs Naruto and then tell me you dislike him.

Id have loved to see a Naruto seeing Kirin and go on a epic training arc just mastering wind jutsu to countering it. I agree Kishimoto does good training arcs.

Pein

Banned
Had War Kakashi being in the pain arc, all the path would be Kamuid GG. But Nagato would had regroup and tried again.

Then gai would be around and so would naruto and Yamato, Nagato would have got wrecked if all of konoha's main shinobi knew shit was going down.

I like Konohamaru, because with him you can get a glimpse at the kind of teacher that Naruto can become.

Edit: is not if they can defeat Nagato or not, is a matter of how are they going to find him.

Yeah I like that Naruto kind of took him on as a student and even taught him such high level shit so earlyQ

I hope Kakashi has one last hurrah to show off that he still has some moves. I'm not one of those people that thinks he is fodder now without the eye. I mentioned it before in this thread but if his father was considered one of the strongest shinobi even possibly besting the Sanin then there's no reason why Kakashi can't be the same.

Pein

Banned
I hope Konohamaru masters monkey sage mode. Him running around with all the elements powered up by sage chakra, and killing it with enma and chakra knives. Him powering up is more interesting to me then the next evolution of eyes and bijuu bombs.
Yeah I like that Naruto kind of took him on as a student and even taught him such high level shit so earlyQ

I hope Kakashi has one last hurrah to show off that he still has some moves. I'm not one of those people that thinks he is fodder now without the eye. I mentioned it before in this thread but if his father was considered one of the strongest shinobi even possibly besting the Sanin then there's no reason why Kakashi can't be the same.

Yeah the white fang was hyped to be above the sannin. You'd think now that the sharingan isn't leeching his chakra he's whip out some hiraishin and sage powered techs.

Sorry about all the sage mode mentions, its just too cool not to.

I think is because the stakes where so high that Kakashi just said fuck it! I don't care if I lose my Sharingan is either blind or dead. So he spam the crap of it and started to really learned the potential of it.

Remember the fight against Deidara? He took like an hour to remove a shorter and then was in a hospital for weeks. He improved a lot, hopefully he gets a power up. He doesn't look right without his Sharingan.

Pein

Banned
Kakashi must never work out, dude had massive noob gains during the War arc.

what? Kakashi must have quadrupled his chakra reserves because he was fighting non stop in the war. He also was spamming Kamui all the time.

I think is because the stakes where so high that Kakashi just said fuck it! I don't care if I lose my Sharingan is either blind or dead. So he spam the crap of it and started to really learned the potential of it.

Remember the fight against Deidara? He took like an hour to remove a shorter and then was in a hospital for weeks. He improved a lot, hopefully he gets a power up. He doesn't look right without his Sharingan.

Kakashi is about to get both Obito's sharingan and hopefully some senju dna and naruto is gonna insta heal him so he can fight.

Jeezus I wonder how strong is Naruto's cloak right now. Now that it has the power of all the beasts. I'm guessing is an Instant Kage level to anything it touches.

I remember when Kakashi used to get tired just from having his forehead protector not covering his Sharingan. I knew he copied 100 jutsu but he was too tired to use any. lol

Well he has his Chakra replaced and healed at least twice. Maybe he ate a Soldier pill? He will be out for months probably after the war.

Pein

Banned
I remember when Kakashi used to get tired just from having his forehead protector not covering his Sharingan. I knew he copied 100 jutsu but he was too tired to use any. lol

It was a 1000 which makes it more crap that we never got to see any of them. The worst time was when he was fighting the 7 swordsmen of the mist and was about to go on a rampage and start using crazy techs and the whole fight gets off paneled.

Like WTF.

GaimeGuy

During the land of waves arc he collapsed for a few days after using the sharingan in battle....

In other words, he's become a famous ninja even when he could hardly use the sharingan in battle except as a shortcut to mastering new jutsu.

Things like Naruto training the kid and also seeing what kakashi can do without the sharingan are reasons why I secretly hope there is a part 3 or at least another arc or an extended epilogue or something. I just don't want this war to be the last thing we see for some reason for a lot of these characters.

I want to see chunin exams pt2! I want to see Naruto take on students. Maybe the same for Sasuke and Sakura. I want to see more Rock Lee and co. It would be a shame if the final arc spend the vast majority of its time around a select few characters being the only ones doing things, even if it does make sense in the context of the story.

I just want to see some of these things happen on the page :(

Let's stop talking about how awesome Kakashi is and talk about how much of a fraud Jiraiya was. WTF was he doing with Naruto during the timeskip? No nature transformation/wind release training, no mention of sage art, no mention of befriending Kyuubi...so Oodama Rasengan? Good job Jiraiya, you fucking hack

I'm partially kidding, I really liked Jiraiya

Let's stop talking about how awesome Kakashi is and talk about how much of a fraud Jiraiya was. WTF was he doing with Naruto during the timeskip? No nature transformation/wind release training, no mention of sage art, no mention of befriending Kyuubi...so Oodama Rasengan? Good job Jiraiya, you fucking hack

I'm partially kidding, I really liked Jiraiya
He learned "that jutsu".

Also, he learned how to better harness the chakra of the nine tails, or at least control it.

edit: I will say though that becoming stronger doesn't necessarily mean learning new tricks. He clearly improved in taijutsu and greatly improved on when and how to use shadow clones and he just became a more well rounded fighter. I can't remember but he might have some genjutsu defense training as well.

He learned "that jutsu".

Also, he learned how to better harness the chakra of the nine tails, or at least control it.

edit: I will say though that becoming stronger doesn't necessarily mean learning new tricks. He clearly improved in taijutsu and greatly improved on when and how to use shadow clones and he just became a more well rounded fighter. I can't remember but he might have some genjutsu defense training as well.
this is true

Whatever "control" he had over Kyuubi was worthless, tho. He was a loaded gun just waiting to go off (like he did against Orochimaru and Pain). It wasn't until he defeated and eventually befriended Kurama that things really changed on that front

To add to that, we also know that it was under the facade of training that Jiraiya took in Naruto but we also know that another reason he did it was to protect him from those that would come after him. the training was just a byproduct of hanging out so much I'm sure

What I'm getting at here, is there are some things I won't tolerate. Dissing Kakashi, dissing Itachi, and dissing Jiraiya. Won't have it!

I'll diss every Uchiha in existence, all worthless jackasses who got played by a piece of black goo.

Itachi's a jerk who mind rapes his brother and makes him go off the deep end.

Shisui's a cool guy though, I attribute that to him dying young and before he got a chance to turn into an asshole.

#2ndHokagewasright

I'll diss every Uchiha in existence, all worthless jackasses who got played by a piece of black goo.

Itachi's a jerk who mind rapes his brother and makes him go off the deep end.

Shisui's a cool guy though, I attribute that to him dying young and before he got a chance to turn into an asshole.

#2ndHokagewasright

He just thought they were cursed but even Tobirama admitted that there were some who rose above that cycle of hatred and whatnot. Obv Itachi was one of them. I was going to post the image of the exact page where he has good things to say about some Uchiha but stupid watermarks :(

brinstar

I don't think the manga expects you to admire what Itachi did, I think you're supposed to pity him & the situation. Naruto was enjoyably gray around those arcs. When Itachi is brought back as an Edo Tensei he's somewhat regretful of his actions, and seems to think things could've gone differently if he wasn't so insistent on trying to handle everything by himself.

As for the Uchiha's and love thing, I feel like people were taking what Tobirama was saying way too literally. It's not that the clan is mentally ill, it's that the Sharingan's power is derived from loss and pain, something that was established a long time ago.

In a world where people are constantly fighting and dying, a clan that gets its superpowers from loss and pain is a pretty dangerous clan lol

He learned "that jutsu".

What was that Jutsu again?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
People are really defending Danzo and villainizing Itachi? Really?

Danzo started off with good intentions, but the guy was a total whackjob by the time he died. Stealing Shisui's eye was bad enough, but his Sharingan arm was awful. He was the epitome of the "the end justifies the means" to a point where his means were so twisted and ruthless that his "noble" end kind of lost all of its meaning. He didn't start as one, but he was definitely a villain by the end. Not to mention it's basically his fault a good number of terrible things in the series happened.

Itachi killed his family despite that probably being the very last thing he wanted to do because he saw no other way to prevent a bloody coup d'etat. Considering he could read the tablet, he knew what happened the last time the Uchiha and Senju fought and definitely didn't want to see it happen again. Also considering the Uchiha clan as a whole was weaker than it was in the past, they would have probably been slaughtered anyway, but other members of the Leaf (who didn't want anything to do with a conflict) would have been casualties as well. Ironically, killing off his clan seemed like the more peaceful solution. Negotiations would have most likely backfired by the time the decision was made to wipe out the clan. I'm not saying it was the only solution or the perfect solution, but the point is that Itachi made a giant sacrifice for the ideal of peace.

Both characters are under scrutiny for their end justifies the means policy, but Danzo had a clear lack of concern for human life and morals that Itachi didn't share. Both put the village first and were willing to get their hands dirty to protect it, but I feel like Itachi comes off a much more noble character, and his idea of peace seems much more genuine than Danzo's. Itachi was also willing to villainize himself, while that kind of selflessness doesn't seem in line with something Danzo would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom