• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysun

The problem is the pacing, at least post tineskip. Naruto isn't a very content rich manga even for a weekly Shonen. A 1:1 or even slower correspondence between episodes and chapters is horrible

It could be worse, they could be animating Bleach.

Heroman

Banned
Guy (in dying breath): you see that kakashi! I saved the world

Kakashi: huh...what? oh, hey there, didn't see you.

Guy: burns me up...always acting....so cool....

;_;

it always made me laugh how aloof kakashi was, straight trolling the shit out of guy.
I liked how you can easily tell that both Kakashi and gai are great friend, unlike Nartuo and sasuke.

I liked how you can easily tell that both Kakashi and gai are great friend, unlike Nartuo and sasuke.
I'm kind of surprised kishi left Sasuke so cold throughout the anime. Does he ever show some warmth? I know he has definitely shown that he respects Naruto a lot and does like him, but he has never really shown out outside of specific actions like saving his life and some other small stuff in all their little interactions.

I guess it wouldn't fit his character. It does fit Kakashi n em though.

Danzo deserved it though. Even the leaf were suspicious of him.

Hokage is going to be Naruto vs Sasuke.

At their current state those two are just so far above everyone else in terms of power and it will finally give people the Naruto vs Sasuke fight they have wanted for so long.

Now that I think about Naruto and Sasuke are way too powerful right now. I think there is no way they will keep their powers after this fight.

I figure at this point there may not even be hokage's / hidden villages after this war.

I figure at this point there may not even be hokage's / hidden villages after this war.
I always thought one of the overall arcs for the series was Naruto bringing all the villages together. Started off by making things right with the sand village. And by now he probably has most the others having his back.

I could see them unifying to push him as the leader. But I don't see one giant world without villages and whatnot. Maybe that's what Sasuke wants though....who knows.

I always thought one of the overall arcs for the series was Naruto bringing all the villages together. Started off by making things right with the sand village. And by now he probably has most the others having his back.

I could see them unifying to push him as the leader. But I don't see one giant world without villages and whatnot. Maybe that's what Sasuke wants though....who knows.

Seems like there will always be war in the narutoverse as long as they have chakra, so the naruto/sasuke hokage ending isn't a very good ending.

Seems like there will always be war in the narutoverse as long as they have chakra
And I'm assuming you think Sasuke wants to do that but I always wondered. How would you get rid of Chakra? Getting rid of the bijuu wouldn't do that would it? Is that confirmed? And even if it was how would Sasuke know that?

What would that even solve? There can still be ninjas and wars and whatnot without, but it would definitely overhaul the shinobi system. Man I really hope they get into all this stuff after the war and that's what causes the next conflict. Hopefully this isn't the last arc...

I just don't see chakra as anything other than another tool or another thing in general for ninjas to use to fight each other. Get rid of that and they'll use another tool or create new ones.

The problem is the pacing, at least post tineskip. Naruto isn't a very content rich manga even for a weekly Shonen. A 1:1 or even slower correspondence between episodes and chapters is horrible

Naruto Shippuuden falls into the trap all shounen anime do: they catch up to the manga resulting in persistent filler arcs. I think I might rewatch the entire series again, just canon stuff. I reckon it would greatly improve the experience.

Speaking of conclusions, i have this crazy feeling that chakra as a whole may vanish. Humanity will go to a state before they ate the fruit from the tree or something like that.

Iztli

The next Hokage is going to Rock Lee.

Rock Lee with the 8 gates open and drunk.

The entire world shakes in fear.

He doesn't even need to go up to the 8th gate... just get drunk on the 4th gate and he's already at 8+

shiiitt... throw in some naruto support with kurama chakra and its done.

rock-lee-recieves-kuramas-powers.png

Naruto Shippuuden falls into the trap all shounen anime do: they catch up to the manga resulting in persistent filler arcs. I think I might rewatch the entire series again, just canon stuff. I reckon it would greatly improve the experience.

Speaking of conclusions, i have this crazy feeling that chakra as a whole may vanish. Humanity will go to a state before they ate the fruit from the tree or something like that.
I always tell people who don't want to watch any filler to just check out any of the filler guides online and just follow those.

darknil

I always tell people who don't want to watch any filler to just check out any of the filler guides online and just follow those.

Yes, those filler-free guides are pretty good, just finished rewatching Naruto (and Shippuuden) with a friends and she really liked the series, she is even thinking to watch some fillers from time to time while there are more episodes, since she doesn't like to watch 1 episode per week now.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Yes, those filler-free guides are pretty good, just finished rewatching Naruto (and Shippuuden) with a friends and she really liked the series, she is even thinking to watch some fillers from time to time while there are more episodes, since she doesn't like to watch 1 episode per week now.

The problem with filler guides is that they mark an episode as "filler" or "canon" and gloss over the fact that there are a ton of half-and-half episodes. You'll miss a lot of canon material, and things might not make a lot of sense, if you skip every single "filler" episode.

Solution: just read the manga awww yeah. I mean man alive, look at that badass Naruto/Lee pic right there, and how animating it takes away 100% of the impact.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Half-filler, half-canon episodes are the greatest anime sin of all time.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
The problem with filler guides is that they mark an episode as "filler" or "canon" and gloss over the fact that there are a ton of half-and-half episodes. You'll miss a lot of canon material, and things might not make a lot of sense, if you skip every single "filler" episode.

Solution: just read the manga awww yeah. I mean man alive, look at that badass Naruto/Lee pic right there, and how animating it takes away 100% of the impact.

This guide is pretty good http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=350747

But yeah. The anime wrecks the epicness of the manga most of the time.

They sometimes do well though. Like when Madara came out of his coffin and just wrecked everyone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1viUExmqj4w

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Yeah... that IS pretty great, just as an action scene in general. I loved that episode. Though sometimes less is more. A million fodder ninjas are kind of beneath Madara, it's more in his character to wipe them out with one big attack than to taijutsu each one to death individually.

This was a problem with Bleach fights, too. The manga was full of one-hit battles that the anime stretched out. And it's like, yeah, we're gettin a cool fight here sure, but at the same time we're losing the original intent. Namely: this dude's so great he one-shotted the guy.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah... that IS pretty great, just as an action scene in general. I loved that episode. Though sometimes less is more. A million fodder ninjas are kind of beneath Madara, it's more in his character to wipe them out with one big attack than to taijutsu each one to death individually.

This was a problem with Bleach fights, too. The manga was full of one-hit battles that the anime stretched out. And it's like, yeah, we're gettin a cool fight here sure, but at the same time we're losing the original intent. Namely: this dude's so great he one-shotted the guy.

That happens a lot in the One Piece anime.
The worst one was Luffy vs Hordy. Luffy didn't really have much trouble knocking him out but in the anime he was barely able to fight on par with him...

Madara was just stretching his legs really that's kind of in his character to be a bit laid back and enjoys fighting. He does later drop two meteorites on the battlefield and kills most of the people there.

Sesha

^Not only that, but it's terribly inconsistent. There's a lot of missed opportunities for major moments in the series that were "deserving" of high quality animation.

Namikaze1

I still can't get over what they did to the Naruto (Six Tails mode) vs Pain fight. Dem Pain's facial expressions. Holy hell, I don't want to think about them ever again!

Susanoh13

Neo Member
I'm really not a fan of the soundtrack they have been using for all the fights in the anime recently. If awesome action is happening, I would like some action-y music to go with it. Instead it's usually silence or "music" that is barely above silence.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
All this does is remind me of a time when the villains were actually intimidating, when we really had to think "wow how will they ever beat these guys." At this point, though, Naruto is so strong I'd have no trouble believing he could beat literally any enemy that appeared. All the tension is gone.

Susanoh13

Neo Member
All this does is remind me of a time when the villains were actually intimidating, when we really had to think "wow how will they ever beat these guys." At this point, though, Naruto is so strong I'd have no trouble believing he could beat literally any enemy that appeared. All the tension is gone.

Yeah, apparently all he and Sasuke have to do is touch Kaguya at the same time for them to win. This battle is almost a fight where Kaguya is the underdog struggling to keep from getting one-shot.

Itachi and Danzo are evil as fuck and anyone who thinks otherwise probably* buries cats neck deep and goes over them with a lawnmower.

*absolutely does

Sasuke fights better and smarter when he is alone. I don't know is it because of his Indra soul or something, but he is way too careless when he has a couple of people to save his ass around.

Woah. What fuckimg state is that that Naruto is in? And what did he do to Rock Lee? Just give him some of his 9 Tails chakara by touching him?

Naruto made peace with the Kyuubi, and complete release the gates letting him out. in that state he can just touch people and give them an auto 1-tail transformation

basically means, Naruto can turn any random fodder in this.

in a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom