• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you not up to date

Honestly no. I just been browsing this thread a lot since page like 5, since it seems like Naruto is about to end.

I stopped regularly watching Naurto uh... well the last thing I remember is Kakashi, Naruto, and Sakura meet Saskue by some bridge, and Sakura tried to kill Saskue but fucked up, so Kakashi and Naruto bailed her out. I think this is right after Saskue killed Danzo and injured Karin.

That was back in like 2010 when the site I used to read Manga stopped publishing recent Manga, and I couldn't find another way to continue reading Naruto without waiting months for WalMart to get a new book that's a year behind.

Reading from this thread, I've gotten that:

The Sauce now had a face turn and is fighting alongside Naruto.
Naruto is now Jesus and apparently gave Kakashi his eye back and also gave Guy his leg back.
Naruto and Saskue are reincarnation of some important guys and our OP as fuck now.
Tobi was Obito who was manipulated by Madara, so he turned Evil, and then betrayed Madara so he turend good, and is now good again currently.
Tobi was the main bad guy but nah now the main bad guy is Madara but nah the main bad guy is Black Zetsu but nah the main bad guy is now some god named Kagyura.

Saskue wants to be Hokage now, and Naruto still wants to be Hokage, but fuck them all because Kiba wants to be Hokage and Kiba has a dog so he's cooler by default.

What are the other side characters like Rock Lee, Ino, Shikumaru, etc doing?

I know Neji died, Hinata was rejected by Naruto, Jiyraya died, etc. But I'm not sure what Shikumaru and Rock Lee have been doing.

Honestly no. I just been browsing this thread a lot since page like 5, since it seems like Naruto is about to end.

I stopped regularly watching Naurto uh... well the last thing I remember is Kakashi, Naruto, and Sakura meet Saskue by some bridge, and Sakura tried to kill Saskue but fucked up, so Kakashi and Naruto bailed her out. I think this is right after Saskue killed Danzo and injured Karin.

That was back in like 2010 when the site I used to read Manga stopped publishing recent Manga, and I couldn't find another way to continue reading Naruto without waiting months for WalMart to get a new book that's a year behind.

Naruto is now Jesus and apparently gave Kakashi his eye back and also gave Guy his leg back.
Naruto and Saskue are reincarnation of some important guys and our OP as fuck now.
Tobi was Obito who was manipulated by Madara, turning Evil, and then betrayed Madara turning good, and is now good.
Tobi was the main bad guy but nah now the main bad guy is Madara but nah the main bad guy is Black Zetsu but nah the main bad guy is now some god named Kagyura.

Saskue wants to be Hokage now, and Naruto still wants to be Hokage, but fuck them all because Kiba wants to be Hokage and Kiba has a dog so he's cooler by default.

I know Neji died, Hinata was rejected by Naruto, Jiyraya died, etc. But I'm not sure what Shikumaru and Rock Lee have been doing.

Man you are really behind--

Roc Lee, Ino, Shikamaru and pretty much the rest of the world got caught the the Infinite Tsukoyomia, because Madara actually managed to pull it off an succeed on his plan.

Tobi was Obito who was manipulated by Madara, turning Evil, and then betrayed Madara turning good, and is now good.

-Sasuke is helping out but his face turn is still questionable. No one is really sure of his true intentions...for now.
-Naruto is indeed Jesus now. Kakashi lost his sharingan eye but Naruto restored his normal eye. Naruto saved Guy from dying but has not restored his leg...yet.
-I still think the whole reincarnation thing isn't as literal as some make it out to be when they talk about it, but yeah basically what you said.
-About the bad guys, what you said was right but even though Kaguya is the big boss BZ still seems to be pulling strings.
-Hokage for all!
-The other characters are all in a dream world because Infinite Tsukuyomi was cast (madara gets shit done). Only people not trapped in the dream world are team 7 and Obito and the resurrected Kages, and kaguya/BZ.

You missed way more than can ever be summarized but you seem to have a basic enough understanding of what is going on right this moment.

Tobi was Obito who was manipulated by Madara, so he turned Evil, and then betrayed Madara so he turend good, and is now good again currently.

you can easily find the manga online with a simple google search....

He pretty much missed at least 50 hours off content. Start reading the Ninja war ASAP, some of Naruto's all time greatest moments are in there.

Yamato as well. He should still be in that Hashirama statue.

You should catch up. Some very good and unique Rasengan uses during the war.

Yamato was out of the statue, he was used a a battery to power Spiral Zetsu. When the infinite Tsukoyomi was activated he left Yamato's body and he instantly got caught in the genjutsu.

So he hasn't being conscious in the entire war.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Kaguya is the mother of the Sage of the Six Paths, and the progenitor of all chakra.

He didn't reject her. She admitted it then promptly got stabbed, Naruto got angry and we got the beautiful (infamous) scene of Nine-Tails Naruto fighting Pain, then it was never addressed again.

Isn't it going to be in the next chapter? Wait are we not going to get a chapter this weekend? say it isn't so.
Oh is it going to be part of that issue? I honestly forget. I hope so. I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be a chapter this week.

When does jump officially come out? I just recall all the sources saying july 28th or 27th for the announcement.

edit: still think it's movie related http://naruto-movie.com/

Jigolo

It is related to the Naruto movie to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the series itself. And I'm going to venture to say that Kaguya will be sealed within the next 5 chapters and the war will finally be over.

I thought you guys already saw the announcement unless we're talking about something different. I saw this in the morning on r/naruto

☆ There is A Super Huge Announcement!! Lead-off in colours!! preview "Naruto & Sasuke finally seal Kaguya!?"

nextImg.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/2b96mi/naruto_will_be_ending_this_year_to_commemorate/

He didn't reject her. She admitted it then promptly got stabbed, Naruto got angry and we got the beautiful (infamous) scene of Nine-Tails Naruto fighting Pain, then it was never addressed again.

Maybe I recalling the scene incorrectly, but when Naruto introduces the 4th to Sakura doesn't he say that she's his girlfriend? I know that doesn't make anything canon, but it does make it sound like Hinata isn't his main interest.

What big announcement? What did i miss?
There's just supposed to be some sort of announcement coming. People are speculating that it may be an end date for the series, a new movie, or some other thang.

edit: yeah that reddit link seems to show the announcement is the movie. Also re-affirms the end of the series is near. Guess we'll know for sure soon.

I wonder what the movie will cover? I hope it's an epilogue....

Jigolo

Can't believe is ending =(

After the war there is still unsettled business between Sasuke and Naruto. I'm sure that will be the final arc and the final battle. Of course I don't expect it as soon as they seal Kaguya, there would have to be some sort of set up and we will probably get into the good stuff late in the year.

After the war there is still unsettled business between Sasuke and Naruto. I'm sure that will be the final arc and the final battle. Of course I don't expect it as soon as they seal Kaguya, there would have to be some sort of set up and we will probably get into the good stuff late in the year.
Yeah I think we are looking at a spring 2015 ending or something. Assuming no hiatus.

It's pretty sad. I was a late comer and even I'm sad. Other people been following it for a lot of their lives.

I've being following it since it came out on Toonami in 2004/5 I think. Younger fans might had actually being watching the series from puberty, to teens and early adults.

Jigolo

Yeah I think we are looking at a spring 2015 ending or something. Assuming no hiatus.

It's pretty sad. I was a late comer and even I'm sad. Other people been following it for a lot of their lives.

I've been following Naruto since Toonami introduced me in 03/04? Anyway it's not the best but I still love the series. It's special to me and I love to tune in to the new chapters and episodes each week.

Own the DVDs up to episode 135

ivznG7wZiD3GV.jpg

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So if it is indeed ending this year...That's less than 20 chapters to seal Kaguya, Naruto vs Sasuke battle and whatever ending Kishi has planned.

So if it is indeed ending this year...That's less than 20 chapters to seal Kaguya, Naruto vs Sasuke battle and whatever ending Kishi has planned.
I think people thought it was ending this year but then I recall kishi clarifying that he didn't say it would end this year but rather it's in the final stretch. I could see it going until spring 2015 give or take.

Maybe someone can confirm that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm really not a fan of the soundtrack they have been using for all the fights in the anime recently. If awesome action is happening, I would like some action-y music to go with it. Instead it's usually silence or "music" that is barely above silence.
This, this times a hundred. The action music in part 1 was so glorious. Shippuden has its fair share of standout tracks too, but lately it's been terrible. Just look at that Madara fight posted. That's the perfect opportunity for some Kokuten level awesomeness, but instead we get some melancholy violin nonsense.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I thought Kaguya was the wife of the Sage?

I've seen a few people confused about this. It musta been from a shitty translation one week. But yes, Kaguya is the sage's mother. Not sure how the misconception has continued for this long honestly, with so many scenes being wholly dependent upon Kaguya being the mother. Hagoromo and his brother sealing her, the hereditary resemblance (the ears/spikes), black Zetsu identifying as a third sibling, etc. You musta been pretty confused by all that, huh.

CassSept

you can easily find the manga online with a simple google search....

I'm lurking this thread because I'm interested in how it ends. I've read Naruto for over 6 years but I grew completely tired of it, I don't feel like wasting a ton of time to trudge through what I think is bad and boring. I'm about 150 chapters behind for reference, and the fact that the damn war is still going on furthermore doesn't make me want to catch up.

Please Madara come back and destroy this waste of space Kagura.

Can Madara use Izanagi?

Can't believe is ending =(

I still can't believe it. Been watching ever since it first aired on TV, then after my cousin telling me where I can watch the rest I spent an entire summer watching the show.

I kinda wish that we will get another series (shorter than shippuuden) after another time skip but I guess I'm just too attached to these characters :(

Raxious

There's just supposed to be some sort of announcement coming. People are speculating that it may be an end date for the series, a new movie, or some other thang.

edit: yeah that reddit link seems to show the announcement is the movie. Also re-affirms the end of the series is near. Guess we'll know for sure soon.

I wonder what the movie will cover? I hope it's an epilogue....

It's already confirmed it's a mistranslation and there's no message stating that it ends this year.

However, the fact that there's a movie coming up has been known since 2012 when they first announced it ;)

beasty

I've being following it since it came out on Toonami in 2004/5 I think. Younger fans might had actually being watching the series from puberty, to teens and early adults.

I have been this reading this manga weekly since I was 12. It doesn't feel that long,

It's already confirmed it's a mistranslation and there's no message stating that it ends this year.

However, the fact that there's a movie coming up has been known since 2012 when they first announced it ;)

Praise the lord

I think at the very least they should have a time skip movie.

Yeah. Or a short anime season.

I've been following the series for 9 years now.

My god! What have I done with my life?!

Spent it well :p

I think people thought it was ending this year but then I recall kishi clarifying that he didn't say it would end this year but rather it's in the final stretch. I could see it going until spring 2015 give or take.

Maybe someone can confirm that.

It's been going nearly ten years or longer.

Final stretch could mean upto 3 or more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom