• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-hate-u

Yeah. He didn't draw him with the Hokage robe, which is interesting. Don't see any other candidate besides him other than Shikamaru.

Kaguya seems to be a complete amateur at using her powers, the Will of Rin is something else, Kakashi and Obito were able to move around when Naruto(Jesus) couldn't.

I need blind Madara back, he's the only one who got shit done.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I took it as the start of a new era that is more peaceful that we'll only see glimpses of in a movie that will serve as an epilogue, not a full fledged part 3.

And that first color page... if the entire manga looked like that I'd have zero reason to even consider watching the anime.

I'm down for a part three. Maybe not immediately, maybe in a year or two.

Weird thing about Sasuke's eye. Wasn't it red in the official coloring? Now I wonder if Madara's hair was actually orange/red

Sasuke eye switching powers has a huge cool down, limited space, the only thing missing is needing a lot of Chakra to be almost useless. Is like Sasuke got the short end of s stick, the Naruto took that stick also and let him with like a splinter.

Poor Kakashi, once a badass chapter now thinking that killing himself to save a couple of seconds of a battle is the best that he can do =(

That rin power up is someone crazy, no even a God is able to tank that gravity but Kakashi could? Damn son, no wonder Obito is so hard to kill.

Edit: Wait, Naruto's face and arms are flesh color in this page. Looks like the official coloring was completely wrong''

Maddocks

I hope for a part 3. One final arc with a 20 year old naruto. Hell if bleach can stretch its final arc 3 years, so can naruto!

Goddammit that new cover art, just gave Sasuke/Sakura shippers even more ammunition.

I love Naruto's look with the short buzz haircut on the sides, looks very modern. I wish they used that one, but it seems they are using the last big one.

Thanks Obito!

So last movie in December that will be part of the "New Naruto Era Project", so the manga is ending!

The chapter didn't say anything about the manga ending. The new movie is called "the last".

Saying that though, this is suppose to be the final fight (kagura/madara etc), so who knows. As of today, there is no evidence thus far of the manga ending.

My personal predictions are that either the manga ends by December and the movie is a timeskip, or the manga will continue regardless with a part 3 timeskip

If Naruto ends, I hope for next manga, kishi make monthly manga rather than weekly. I want him to have extra time drawing, he's very good artist, but you don't see it often in his manga pages, only for the occasional double page spread that show really cool picture. His fantasy cover art and this cowboy one are also amazing.

EhoaVash

Lol part 3 is not going to be happening sadly.lol.

I do wonder if this movie is going to be epilogue ish... Probably not. I'm imagining its an alternate take on naruto.

Anyway chapter was alright. Finally obito should be gone...BTW older naruto reminds me of obito lol

I-hate-u

This is actually sad. I have been following Naruto for so long. True, the beginning chapters were more engrossing, but still....the feels.

Well Saint Seiya did a movie after the events of the Hades fight while the last arc was barely starting. So we might get the movie and the manga will end next year? I don't know but this make it so final.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
BTW older naruto reminds me of obito lol
I think that might be the point. Obito is supposed to be a mirror of Naruto in just about every way except for being an Uchiha. Like a "what if Naruto gave into his hatred" kind of villain. Still awesome, though. Although I agree with wanting to see Naruto with longer hair... way back when the timeskip was just about to happen, I wanted to see Team 7 look more like their mentors. Naruto with a ponytail, Sakura with boobs (lol), Sasuke... well, Sasuke actually did do this, he took up a sword and started wearing the Sound Pretzel on his back, so that was cool.

Some quickly made avatars of the kage for anyone who wants them:

9Fu4nfB.jpg
DzvA981.jpg
KA2Ujc4.jpg
wfhOCFc.jpg

Someone could definitely do a better job, but that coloring was just too good... I had to do something with it.

Jigolo

Finally its over for him, not that I hate him as a character but he was long passed his death. In happy my favorite character survived though, Kishi had me breathing hard for a moment

Still can’t believe the Fourth as an Edo Tensei still hasn’t had his arm regrown yet. Also it doesn’t feel right seeing Kakashi without Obito’s Sharingan. It was a good chapter. Kakashi is 2-0 behind Obito as far as saving his life.

I think that might be the point. Obito is supposed to be a mirror of Naruto in just about every way except for being an Uchiha. Like a "what if Naruto gave into his hatred" kind of villain. Still awesome, though. Although I agree with wanting to see Naruto with longer hair... way back when the timeskip was just about to happen, I wanted to see Team 7 look more like their mentors. Naruto with a ponytail, Sakura with boobs (lol), Sasuke... well, Sasuke actually did do this, he took up a sword and started wearing the Sound Pretzel on his back, so that was cool.

Some quickly made avatars of the kage for anyone who wants them:

9Fu4nfB.jpg
DzvA981.jpg
KA2Ujc4.jpg
wfhOCFc.jpg

Someone could definitely do a better job, but that coloring was just too good... I had to do something with it.

Thanks SolVanderlyn, I will take the God of Shinobi. :)

So according to animenews:

The Last -Naruto the Movie- will open on December 6. It will be the first Naruto film in two years, and it is part of the larger "Naruto Shin Jidai Kaimaku Project" (Naruto's New Era Opening Project) marking the 15th anniversary of the original manga.

Definitely a part 3 in the works.

Village

Who would even choose shikimaru as hokage, he's be a good advisor or teacher but never hokage. Not strong, not famous and not loved like naruto.
Anyone who wants some one of compitence.
Also if he ever needs help, he has the strongest generation of ninjas to pull from.

The hokage is also a political leader, shikimaru all fuccking day.
I want to live in the chill as fuck administration

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
So Sasuke's rinnengan is purple and not red.

Naruto's new cloak doesn't cover his face for some reason but turns his headband gold.

Adult Naruto!

Also: Called it on him sticking the black balls on another clone.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm down for a part three. Maybe not immediately, maybe in a year or two.

Weird thing about Sasuke's eye. Wasn't it red in the official coloring? Now I wonder if Madara's hair was actually orange/red

Sasuke eye switching powers has a huge cool down, limited space, the only thing missing is needing a lot of Chakra to be almost useless. Is like Sasuke got the short end of s stick, the Naruto took that stick also and let him with like a splinter.

Poor Kakashi, once a badass chapter now thinking that killing himself to save a couple of seconds of a battle is the best that he can do =(

That rin power up is someone crazy, no even a God is able to tank that gravity but Kakashi could? Damn son, no wonder Obito is so hard to kill.

Edit: Wait, Naruto's face and arms are flesh color in this page. Looks like the official coloring was completely wrong''

I don't think kishi has any input on the coloured chapters, a separate team does them later and they just digitally colour over the completed chapters. Only the ones Kishi does like in this chapter are really official.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
We are not allowed to post shounen jump scans right? Cause there is a scan of Kishi's depiction of adult Naruto. Looks pretty cool.

WELP guess Naruto doesn't die at the end of the manga confirmed.

They sure better be careful with what they show from that movie ahead of time.

Frog-fu

Banned
Really liked the chapter. The colour spread was freaking awesome too. Kishimoto's been killing it with those lately.

I really like the design of grown up Naruto also. The short hair makes his face look a lot more mature. He seems to be significantly taller as well. Clothes are simple but stylish enough. I can't wait to see the trailer.

When Naruto ends though, I just know it's going to be tough for me. I've been watching and reading for years. It'll weird not having a chapter to read every week. I guess there'll still be the anime, but it wouldn't be the same.

So seeing as the movie is called The Last: Naruto the Movie and it shows a older Naruto on the the pictures, I'm guessing that the Manga will end before the movie. Perhaps the movie will be an epilogue?
THAT'S WHAT I WANTED! I didn't want this to be the last real arc. It looks like we'll be getting a semi-part 3 or at least a final arc where we get to see things play out after this war.

Also adult naruto looks badass as fuck.

That was a good chapter. Glad Naruto made a clone with the balls, I like him when he is smart.

darknil

Now that the manga has remembered that the hokages are around, I get the feeling we will get a sacrifice like Saint Seiya: Hades.

I kind of hope Obito doesn't die only because it means we can basically write off next week in terms of forward momentum because we'll get 10 pages of goodbye and a few more for flashbacks.

Though the bit a the beginning with the kages does seem to indicate they are going for the final push to seal her.

Frog-fu

Banned
I think we'll see Obito and Rin for a few pages next week, definitely, and after that I hope it's done.

The rumours that the manga ends in October might have some merit to them now we know the film (which is an epilogue to the manga) comes out on December 6. If it ends in October, it'd be cool if it were the 10th since that's Naruto's birthday and it's his birthday in the manga now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom