• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
A short anime season would be cool, but im not gonna get my hopes up. I was expecting the exact samething with Hitman Reborn and was left heartbroken.

If this is the last arc, i just hope they end it right. To be honest, I haven't enjoyed the manga in the last year or so. The entire Kagura thing in my opinion is boring and a waste of time.

Despite this, Naruto is easily one of the all time greats. I've enjoyed every story that its had to offer, and have spent countless hours watching and re watching episodes. I remember when i first started watching the show, i called in sick to work because I was so hooked. :)

Whenever the series does end, i will truly be saddened. :(

On a positive note, I'll be able to purchase the complete series on blueray and in manga form.

Khezu

Is there some reason why Japan can't run reruns?
Do they really need to release a new episode every week?

I don't watch anime very often/ever really, so I'm not sure how they do stuff over there.

I hope it's not a movie, unless is done Edge of Tomorrow style.

It's already confirmed it's a mistranslation and there's no message stating that it ends this year.

However, the fact that there's a movie coming up has been known since 2012 when they first announced it ;)

That announcement is the movie, the movie site countdown ends the same day (~7/28) that that jump issue releases. http://naruto-movie.com/

Is there some reason why Japan can't run reruns?
Do they really need to release a new episode every week?

I don't watch anime very often/ever really, so I'm not sure how they do stuff over there.

I guess is that they love money. No reason for them to not do seasons. Even worse is that they waste the good animation budget on fillers sometimes, which is is the Worse.

Maybe I recalling the scene incorrectly, but when Naruto introduces the 4th to Sakura doesn't he say that she's his girlfriend? I know that doesn't make anything canon, but it does make it sound like Hinata isn't his main interest.

His dad asks if shes his girl friend, and he says 'heh? I guess' or something like that. He didn't seem to grasp what his dad was asking.

There has been some Naru/Hina shipping since though, such as Hinata's dreamworld, him taking her by the hand as the first one to power up, praising her support, etc.

Honestly, I think naruto is just way to preoccupied right now to think about love. Maybe post war though.

Maddocks

going off my memory here, I think the 4th showed up and seen who was healing him and asked him,"is that your girlfriend or something?" and naruto replied with,"I guess you could say that, yeah, I mean if we are spitting hairs then yeah" Which Sakura says,"shut up and heal" then punches him and the 4th is,"reminds me of someone" which happened to be his wife.

In narutos mind it seems like she is the one for him, of course its pretty hard to just drop a crush, but the dude needs to move on to better women. I still secretly hope for a naruto-ten ten pair up just because it would be the most unexpected pairing.

Was rewatching some anime fights. Love when Naruto whips out the wind style rasenshuriken for the first time against Kakuzu. Ino was DTF as soon as she saw it.

Pein

Banned
I've been watching for 9 years now, since I was 14. Kinda insane, I love this series.

Yeah, love when the girls praise naruto after he was such a loser. When he returned from defeating Naruto, everybody wanted that D. Also Ino is the best designed konoha girl, I hope Kishi doesn't pair her with Choji.

mhs004

I started watching this series two years ago after catching up to one piece to fill that long shonen void in my heart.

I didn't. Enjoyable though. Better than Bleach at least.

Pein

Banned
I started watching this series two years ago after catching up to one piece to fill that long shonen void in my heart.

I didn't. Enjoyable though. Better than Bleach at least.

Sounds like me with one piece, after blazing through naruto I needed more shonen in my life. I liked one piece not on the level of naruto though and I dropped bleach after Aizen gets beat.

going off my memory here, I think the 4th showed up and seen who was healing him and asked him,"is that your girlfriend or something?" and naruto replied with,"I guess you could say that, yeah, I mean if we are spitting hairs then yeah" Which Sakura says,"shut up and heal" then punches him and the 4th is,"reminds me of someone" which happened to be his wife.

In narutos mind it seems like she is the one for him, of course its pretty hard to just drop a crush, but the dude needs to move on to better women. I still secretly hope for a naruto-ten ten pair up just because it would be the most unexpected pairing.

At this point, why not? It'll rile up the shippers and that would be hilarious.

The guy with the most screen time with the girl with the least.

mhs004

Sounds like me with one piece, after blazing through naruto I needed more shonen in my life. I liked one piece not on the level of naruto though and I dropped bleach after the Aizen gets beat.

Well.....at least we can all bash bleach!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I've been watching for 9 years now, since I was 14. Kinda insane, I love this series.

Yeah, love when the girls praise naruto after he was such a loser. When he returned from defeating Naruto, everybody wanted that D. Also Ino is the best designed konoha girl, I hope Kishi doesn't pair her with Choji.

But he's her best option since Shikamaru is already pretty much confirmed with Temari anyways :p

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Choji had a fistfight with the Gedo Statue. He's not exactly a chump, lol.

Nasser

a scan from the latest movie, probably the movie is a epilogue or something

Naruto's character design

edit: removed it just in case, since scans aren't allowed here.

Averon

Seems to be an epilogue movie set a couple years after the manga's events. Depending on when this movie is set to release, we can get a good idea when the mange will end.

Maddocks

I seriously cant imagine the manga ending, it has been with me for so long. Its a weekly thing for me, if the manga ends this year then damn, I will be sad to see it end. I hope in the future like 5-10-15 years kimish returns to it some how and gives up 1 chapter updates on the life and times of the characters.

Averon

I seriously cant imagine the manga ending, it has been with me for so long. Its a weekly thing for me, if the manga ends this year then damn, I will be sad to see it end. I hope in the future like 5-10-15 years kimish returns to it some how and gives up 1 chapter updates on the life and times of the characters.

Yeah. The thought of no more weekly Naruto chapters or Naruto discussions discussion at MangaGAF is sort of surreal to me. For better or worse, this series has been a part of my life for the past 12-13 years. And now it's probably a couple months away from ending. Don't know how I will feel after reading the last chapter.

Pein

Banned
Seeing that scan and its the last movie is just heart breaking for me, I remember waiting for the subs from dattebayo to come out for the 2nd movie.

Oh gosh, I'm gonna miss it so much. Its like Harry potter ending but a 1000x worse.

Nasser

Latest chapter is out

FEELS MAN. FEELS.

Maybe I'm not the only person who didn't hate Obito as a character and was secretly fanboying all over the place when the mask man turned out to be him. Yeah maybe Kishimoto could've handled his whole story better, but it isn't that bad

If this is how it ends for him, I will be happy. He needed to make things right for what he had done in the past. Saving Naruto, weakening Madara (by extracting parts of 2 tail beasts to save Naruto), bringing Sasuke back, and finally saving both Naruto and Kakashi from death. T_T

I don't know but isn't this partly Naruto's fault for not growing back the sharingan in Kakashi? Obito and Kakashi could've saved each other that way, But oh well. :(((((

Pein

Banned
I don't think he can grow back borrowed parts, but Kakashi is gonna get those sharingan back, time for some kamui susanoo.

KHlover

Banned
Latest chapter is out

FEELS MAN. FEELS.

Maybe I'm not the only person who didn't hate Obito as a character and was secretly fanboying all over the place when the mask man turned out to be him. Yeah maybe Kishimoto could've handled his whole story better, but it isn't that bad

If this is how it ends for him, I will be happy. He needed to make things right for what he had done in the past. Saving Naruto, weakening Madara (by extracting parts of 2 tail beasts to save Naruto), bringing Sasuke back, and finally saving both Naruto and Kakashi from death. T_T

I don't know but isn't this partly Naruto's fault for not growing back the sharingan in Kakashi? Obito and Kakashi could've saved each other that way, But oh well. :(((((

I think Naruto couldn't grow the Sharingan back because it wasn't Kakashi's actual eye. I was under the impression that Jesus no jutsu only allows him to grow back the actual own body parts of the injured person. That's just speculation though, iirc we never got an explanation for how the jutsu actually works. Maybe in the next data book...

Nasser

I don't think he can grow back borrowed parts, but Kakashi is gonna get those sharingan back, time for some kamui susanoo.

I don't Kakashi can handle them both. With one eye he was immediately out of chakra if he used Kamui (expect when Naruto decided to share his Kyuubi chakra, he was able to use that technique multiple times).

Pein

Banned
I don't Kakashi can handle them both. With one eye he was immediately out of chakra if he used Kamui (expect when Naruto decided to share his Kyuubi chakra, he was able to use that technique multiple times).

Maybe naruto can can heal him in a way it lets kakashi activate sharingan like a true user or he gets an arm ripped off and replaced with some magic senju dna. What ever way it happens I can't imagine Kishimoto leaving Kakashi with out one last power up while his rival and all his students got their power leveled so high. Kakashi needs this to shine one last time.

Nasser

Maybe naruto can can heal him in a way it lets kakashi activate sharingan like a true user or he gets an arm ripped off and replaced with some magic senju dna. What ever way it happens I can't imagine Kishimoto leaving Kakashi with out one last power up while his rival and all his students got their power leveled so high. Kakashi needs this to shine one last time.

hmm that could happen, maybe. What I think is going to happen is that when Naruto and Sasuke finally seal Kaguya their Sage Of The Six Paths power ups that they have right now will be sealed away with her.

Pein

Banned
hmm that could happen, maybe. What I think is going to happen is that when Naruto and Sasuke finally seal Kaguya their Sage Of The Six Paths power ups that they have right now will be sealed away with her.

yeah but right now even if naruto and sasuke reverted back to their previous level they would still be ridiculously above kakashi. Kakashi is so gimped right now.

KHlover

Banned
Ahahahahahalololololowwwwwwwww

?
I'm confused. I admit that I haven't been participating in MangaGAF so far, but that's literally the ONLY name for Naruto's new healing jutsu I've seen since its introduction. What do you guys call it? What else WOULD you call it? At this point in the story we have been bludgeoned to death with the Jesus imagery. Not quite as bad as in The Matrix, but pretty damn close.

Good chapter.
Fitting end for Obito

Loved the Team 7 cowboy pic lol. Did anyone else see the Naruto "start of a new era" project on the top. What does that mean?

Raxious

So seeing as the movie is called The Last: Naruto the Movie and it shows a older Naruto on the the pictures, I'm guessing that the Manga will end before the movie. Perhaps the movie will be an epilogue?

Khezu

So Sasukes Rinnegan power has a huge cool down, along with the distance limitation. Really hope this isn't the only power the eye gives him.

I-hate-u

We are not allowed to post shounen jump scans right? Cause there is a scan of Kishi's depiction of adult Naruto. Looks pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom