• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

FTFY

Too bad it took people too long to figure out this dude was a scrub from the get go.

pqsOwDi.jpg

And the simp of the year award goes too..

Not him because his situation was different.

Psychopath of the year, totally.

Frog-fu

Banned
Yeah no, Gohan was completely ridiculed at the end of DBZ. I know he's supposed to be the strongest, but not once he proved it.

Gohan fought and pretty much owned Super Buu, who was stronger than Kid Buu, before PIS made him fuck up.

I doubt he was still the strongest after the time skip though.

Village

Yeah no, Gohan was completely ridiculed at the end of DBZ. I know he's supposed to be the strongest, but not once he proved it.

The fans didn't like that gohan beat cell and wanted goku to save the day, so thats why the ending in DBZ is so weird. Like they build gohan up and then he gets taken about because fans just wanted goku. Even as kids us in the US when we got it could see this.

I feel like I got robbed of a good ending by shitting fanbase before I even knew I liked a thing

The fans didn't like that gohan beat cell and wanted goku to save the day, so thats why the ending in DBZ is so weird. Like they build gohan up and then he gets taken about because fans just wanted goku. Even as kids us in the US when we got it could see this.

I feel like I got robbed of a good ending by shitting fanbase before I even knew I liked a thing

Should have never gave Gohan the mystic bullshit hax to make it more believable. Sit for 24 hours, get massively powerful.

360pages

I loved the fact that Gohan was built up, just to be merked so badly. It was super strange, though the entire ending to the Buu Saga was a entire cluster fuck of powerlevels and the plot of the actually Saga only went anywhere because Goku was feeling old and wanted someone else to do it.

Never forget. (I could have beaten Buu before, but I wanted everyone else to have a chance)

You guys arguing/debating over who's the strongest character in Naruto here,but I got a better question. Who are the top 5 characters in the Naruto series Kishimoto wasted or never really used who had great potential

My top 5:

5. Konan
YeKYIKz.jpg

Great character design,seemed pretty interesting but was pushed to a useless 3rd wheel role to Nagoto and Yahiko. Then killed off in a boring all-out manner,could of been great as a Hidden Rain village leader ally to Konoha if you ask me.

4. Anko
m33F2Rx.jpg

Another great character who had literally NO screen time in the manga or outside anime fillers. Had a curse seal and we never got to see her in her bad-assery state of it. Finally top that off with her reemergence in chapter 700 as a walking jelly roll.

3.Rock Lee or TenTen
J8N7z4S.jpg

Okay not really just one person but you can pick either of the two really.Two words for Rock lee...drunken fist. Such a great style never used again in part 2,Lee was way more awesome in part 1 but didnt do jack in part 2 outside of fillers. As for Tenten, she was just NEVER used at all except in comical relief ''sigh'' moments.

2.Sakura
bzYNiKQ.png

Well she had more screen time than the previous listed,but for every step forward with her character Kishimoto took her 3 steeps backwards. One moment she's strong willed and next she's reverted back to whiny weak minded Sakura from part 1. Now I'm satisfied with the outcome of the manga and YES the pairings for other reasons in my earlier post about relationship building with the timeskip,but Kishi should of made up his mind on this character lol.

1. Hinata
tumblr_neao9wh8DM1u0mmu2o1_500.gif

Great character little screen time aka that big self empowering moment,but the outcome we got I'm okay with it though. With that said she should of had more screen time or interactions early in part 2 with Naruto that were more meaningful before the Pein fight/war.I am huge fan of relationship building and it would of been nice to see this,also I wish she had a Sakura vs Sasori coming out party moment of her own. Would of been badass and you guys know I'm right lol. Anyways I look forward to ''The Last'' movie and seeing if some of these questions are answered.

Bonus (mention): Tayuya
51FpB77.jpg

Badass character was badass and her flute jutsu's was off the chain!

I disagree with the Hinata.

She's a terrible character in part 2. Her characterization is basically "Naruto-kun". I give her credit in part one for working hard, but she's almost as bad as Sakura.

I disagree with the Hinata.

She's a terrible character in part 2. Her characterization is basically "Naruto-kun". I give her credit in part one for working hard, but she's almost as bad as Sakura.

Agreed,hence why I put her at No# 1. She was terrible also in part 2 with that ''Naruto-kun'' stuff,but she was no where near as bad/useless or annoying as Bleach's Ms. One-liner herself aka ''Kurosaki-kun'' Orihime. Also she had her moments with the Pein fight and ninja war,though with that said I see a pattern of Kishimoto throwing his female characters to waste

Any list of wasted potential where Sakura isn't at the top of the list is pretty much invalid.

Naw,Sakura got her screen time in more than anyone on that list,now Kishimoto wasted it with his indecision on who she wanted to be or become.

Frog-fu

Banned
Sakura was definitely wasted, but more than that, she regressed on numerous occasions. Most notably after they met with Sasuke for the first time in Part II and in the final two chapters.

Hinata was never intended to be anything more than a side character so I can't really imagine her ever having any great deal of importance. She wouldn't be at the top of my list. Though she did have a lot of potential in Part I that was scrapped in favour of making her pairing fodder.

the problem with Sakura is that she had more screen time then all those female combined plus more and still didn't progress that much as a character other then power scaling

Agreed,hence why II put her at No# 1. She was terrible also in part 2 with that ''Naruto-kun'' stuff,but she was no where near as bad/useless or annoying as Bleach's Ms. One-liner herself aka ''Kurosaki-kun'' Orihime. Also she had her moments with the Pein fight and ninja war,though with that said I see a pattern of Kishimoto throwing his female characters to waste T_T

I didn't see any potential in her because she hardly had any panels. For me wasted potential would be Neji. He had a pretty decent build up in part 1 and was forgotten, then killed in part 2 for a single attack. Kishi took a dump on Neji.

360pages

Any list of wasted potential where Sakura isn't at the top of the list is pretty much invalid.

To be fair, unlike a lot of other characters on the list, at least Sakura had screentime...most of it is wasted though.

That is why I usually rate Hinata over Sakura. Hinata might not do much, but at least they try to cram something for her in her 10 minutes of fame.

We constantly see Sakura all the time, let outside the start of part 2, she is either yelling at Naruto or sulking about Sasuke. So when the few moments come by when she does shine, you have to wade through a lot of crap.

I didn't see any potential in her because she hardly had any panels. For me wasted potential would be Neji. He had a pretty decent build up in part 1 and was forgotten, then killed in part 2 for a single attack. Kishi took a dump on Neji.

Hmm maybe,but for me Neji seemed like a dead end character after his change of heart in part 1. There was literally no where for him to go character wise from that point on,he was always a secondary family member of the clan and was never gonna outshine the heir Hinata no matter how strong he got.

Why??

Because he was a branch member character and his destiny really was set lol. I kinda see why Kishi killed him,he was the odd man out in the 12 characters from Naruto's generation. Don't get me wrong though,I like Neji a lot.

Hmm maybe,but for me Neji seemed like a dead end character after his change of heart in part 1. There was literally no where for him to go character wise from that point on,he was always a secondary family member of the clan and was never gonna outshine the heir Hinata no matter how strong he got.

Why??

Because he was a branch member character and his destiny really was set lol. I kinda see while Kishi killed him,he was the odd man out in the 12 characters from Naruto's generation. Don't get me wrong though,I like Neji a lot.

I really liked jerk/destiny Neji. Also, his near death experience in part 1 had more of an impact on me, than his death in part 2.

I think power wise Sakura progressed well being Tsunade's disciple and all that. It was obvious she was not going to stand up with Naruto and Sasuke (no matter how much she thinks she has) simply becuase Naruto and Sasuke are just in a league above everyone else.

360pages

Why??

Because he was a branch member character and his destiny really was set lol. I kinda see why Kishi killed him,he was the odd man out in the 12 characters from Naruto's generation. Don't get me wrong though,I like Neji a lot.

It would have been a hell of a lot better if Hinata tripped and didn't make it to naruto and time and Neji sacrificed himself just to save Naruto. He dies, but he doesn't fulfill the sidebranch destiny. He would die saving a near and dear friend.

Sai

I don't think the point was ever about Sakura fighting evenly with Naruto and Sasuke, but reaching a level of competence in which she wouldn't hold them back, unable to do anything.

She reached that goal splendidly, I think... But outside of her fighting capabilities, yes, completely wasted.

360pages

I don't think the point was ever about Sakura fighting evenly with Naruto and Sasuke, but reaching a level of competence in which she wouldn't hold them back, unable to do anything.

She reached that goal splendidly, I think... But outside of her fighting capabilities, yes, completely wasted.

Eh...

During the Start and her big shining moment during the war, sure.

But after that she lost it again, to the point where Kakashi had to save her, and he got a super duper awesome one time power-up. Honestly, during the fight with Juubi Madara and Kagyra she wasn't much help and Kishi constatly had to find ways where she won't be on the sidelines completely.

Though what she did with Obito and finding Sasuke was cool.

Media information (November 15 - November 23)
(Regarding The Last movie)

Magazines

11/17 (Monday) - Weekly Shonen Jump… info/introduction of the work
11/19 (Wednesday) - TV Pia - Interview (Junko Takeuchi)
11/20 (Thursday) - Entamikusu - Interview (Kishimoto Masashi-sensei) - Naruto Special Edition/Feature
11/22 (Saturday) - Weekly Shonen Jump - info/introduction of the work, list of public theaters

So interviews and stuff... likely no more new pics/sketches and no new trailer this week which means we are still in that Naruto dry period, which is fine if you have other series to catch up on or read
Eh...

During the Start and her big shining moment during the war, sure.

But after that she lost it again, to the point where Kakashi had to save her, and he got a super duper awesome one time power-up. Honestly, during the fight with Juubi Madara and Kagyra she wasn't much help and Kishi constatly had to find ways where she won't be on the sidelines completely.

Though what she did with Obito and finding Sasuke was cool.

lol this just reminded me on Kakashi's toughness

Was called fodder being compared to Sakura in uselessness by Sasuke and still he is putting in some work before his random powerup
Falling down towards lava? No big deal! I won't just save myself but also Sakura and Obito

Definition of a G
his achilles heal is Obito but less so compared to Sakura to Sasuke

PaulBizkit

Media information (November 15 - November 23)
(Regarding The Last movie)

Magazines

11/17 (Monday) - Weekly Shonen Jump… info/introduction of the work
11/19 (Wednesday) - TV Pia - Interview (Junko Takeuchi)
11/20 (Thursday) - Entamikusu - Interview (Kishimoto Masashi-sensei) - Naruto Special Edition/Feature
11/22 (Saturday) - Weekly Shonen Jump - info/introduction of the work, list of public theaters

Nice. I wonder if we'll ever see those interviews subbed

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really liked jerk/destiny Neji. Also, his near death experience in part 1 had more of an impact on me, than his death in part 2.
He honestly should have died then and there if he was going to die the way he did in part 2.

Sasuke Retrieval Arc was the best showcasing of team dynamics and attention to side characters done right. It was right before the power creep got ridiculous, and everyone had a meaningful fight. It was kind of like the Freeza saga of Naruto in the sense that it was still building off of the themes presented earlier in the series before they went in a crazy direction. In hindsight, it may be the best arc in the series.

You guys arguing/debating over who's the strongest character in Naruto here,but I got a better question. Who are the top 5 characters in the Naruto series Kishimoto wasted or never really used who had great potential

My top 5:
Good list, it does nothing to me but serve as a harsh reminder that in Part 1 the world seemed so unique.

Remember the Sound Ninja (not the cursed ones)? Then as you said Tayuya, Lee's drunken fist, it really made me excited about all of the other villages but I don't feel like it delivered very well.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Good list, it does nothing to me but serve as a harsh reminder that in Part 1 the world seemed so unique.

Remember the Sound Ninja (not the cursed ones)? Then as you said Tayuya, Lee's drunken fist, it really made me excited about all of the other villages but I don't feel like it delivered very well.
To be fair, the world stayed at that level of uniqueness, but by the time we got around to seeing other places the story was focused on VERY high level ninja and supernatural themes, to the point where battles and story had a completely different feel to them. There is some stuff that was cool on a more grounded level:

-Warring states flashback

-Rain village backstory

-Land of Iron and the samurai

-Cloud/Sand villages and a brief look at life there and some ordinary ninja

Since the Akatsuki took center stage so soon and they were all said to be kage level, things tended to be a bit crazier in order to keep up with the power creep. But I agree for the most part. The original Sound ninja were really cool.

He honestly should have died then and there if he was going to die the way he did in part 2.

Sasuke Retrieval Arc was the best showcasing of team dynamics and attention to side characters done right. It was right before the power creep got ridiculous, and everyone had a meaningful fight. It was kind of like the Freeza saga of Naruto in the sense that it was still building off of the themes presented earlier in the series before they went in a crazy direction. In hindsight, it may be the best arc in the series.

Even in the Sasuke retrieval arc it was clear Naruto and Sasuke were on a different level compared to the others, but yeah the gap is massive now.

That arc is seriously one of the best in any anime. The fights and tactics used were spectacular and it ended with Naruto vs Sasuke.

Honestly if I were to rank the Konoha 11:

1.Naruto/Sasuke
2.Neji
3.Rock Lee
4.Gaara
5.Sakura

Team 7 too OP.

The power inflation wouldn't be as bad if the gaps weren't so big.

Kishi should've taken a page out of Oda.

Introduce the high end (Akoji primarily, and Mihawk, somewhat) early to establish a standard and then HOLD ON to it.

As boring as post-time skip OP is, there hasn't been a single character that has surpassed Whitebeard's feats.

Welfare

No sealing techniques, in their prime and not tired, and only people with feats (so no Hags/Hams, Asura/Indra, Prime Hiruzen, etc), I'd say:

1) Kaguya
2) Juubi jin Madz
3) Rikudo enhanced Naruto
4) Rinnegan Sasuke
5) DMS Rikudo enhanced Kakshi
6) 8 Gates Gai
7) Juubi Jin Coolest Guy
8) SM Hashirama
9) Edo Madz
10) BSM Minato

Yado

Even in the Sasuke retrieval arc it was clear Naruto and Sasuke were on a different level compared to the others, but yeah the gap is massive now.

That arc is seriously one of the best in any anime. The fights and tactics used were spectacular and it ended with Naruto vs Sasuke.

Honestly if I were to rank the Konoha 11:

1.Naruto/Sasuke
2.Neji
3.Rock Lee
4.Gaara
5.Sakura

Team 7 too OP.

Why did you rank Neji so highly?

rrc1594

No sealing techniques, in their prime and not tired, and only people with feats (so no Hags/Hams, Asura/Indra, Prime Hiruzen, etc), I'd say:

1) Kaguya
2) Juubi jin Madz
3) Rikudo enhanced Naruto
4) Rinnegan Sasuke
5) DMS Rikudo enhanced Kakshi
6) 8 Gates Gai
7) Juubi Jin Coolest Guy
8) SM Hashirama
9) Edo Madz
10) BSM Minato

BS power up

Kakshi ain't shit