• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
This is surprisingly true.....maybe its because Naruto is not good at taijutsu.
Only fight that Naruto was in and that was animated well (and by well I mean stunningly) was the Naruto vs Sasuke fight.

In Shippuuden the fights that are extremely well animated were:

Sakura vs Sasori
Kakashi vs Hidan and Kakuzu
Sasuke vs Itachi
Sasuke vs Deidara
Sasuke vs Killer Bee
Hinata vs Pain

Unsurprisingly enough, Hirofumi Suzuki was involved in all of those. He is chief animator for The Last, so the movie is gonna look and animate great.

Hope when you're saying Sakura vs Sasori you're not referring to Chiyo vs Sasori or Chiyo+Sakura, but some very specific segment where Chiyo was out of the picture

sasori-vs-chiyo-o.gif

You got to bear in mind top notch animation doesn't last very long especially in anime, even more so in long running anime. That fight was covered over what 5 episodes.....anyway the amazing animation starts here

tumblr_n8ptb5E8ht1tg56d0o1_400.gif

the ten puppets fighting the 100 to more precise.

PaulBizkit

What is NaruGAF's consensus when ranking the fights in the anime series?

Are "gaara vs rock lee" and "naruto vs sasuke" from Part 1 still among the best?

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member

Are "gaara vs rock lee" and "naruto vs sasuke" from Part 1 still among the best?

Those two and Naruto Vs Neji would probably be my top three. In general I think the fights of part 1 are better than part 2.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

gaara vs rock lee, naruto vs sasuke, and naruto vs pain are probably the best.

Naruto vs Neji is underrated.

More recently, Kakashi vs Obito.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
No love for the 3rd Hokage vs Orochimaru fight? That fight was amazing, it was the first time in the series that showed really powerful shinobis fighting each other and it was incredible.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
No love for the 3rd Hokage vs Orochimaru fight? That fight was amazing, it was the first time in the series that showed really powerful shinobis fighting each other and it was incredible.

Way too spliced up, and 80% of the animated fight was a reaper death seal test of strength.

What pissed me off was the episode where Naruto activated BM. That was such a shit tier animation. The Sasuke and Naruto vs Obito was shit tier as well. Ughhh

This studio sucks. I exclude the movies because those are a bunch of non-canon drivel anyways.

Dragon Ball Z was pretty bad here and there, but at least they gave good animation to the important fights and that was years ago.

Yeah they have weird priorities, and bear in mind the fights that are animated extremely well are all due to key animators being present.

Anyway the Kakahsi vs Obito fight was animated very well.

Unsurprisingly enough, Hirofumi Suzuki was involved in all of those. He is chief animator for The Last, so the movie is gonna look and animate great.

Bout time I made this post. Lets take a look at the very best of Naruto animation which is basically the very best fighting animation in anime (excluding movies).

Legendary Naruto animators:

Hiroyuki Yamashita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XXJEtdcRjK4#at=77

Norio Matsumoto

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r818ApIgK5w

Gorou Sessha

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhFWig6ydD0

Hironori Tanaka (not much on Naruto admittedly)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwMjauXbDrU

Tetsuya Nishio

www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9iEGvtHaEU

Honorable mentions:
Tokuyuki Matsutake
Shingo Yamashita

Greatest fight still is Naruto vs Sasuke:

The build up, the tension, the animation and the importance make it one of the greatest anime fights of all time

tumblr_n7p2djv3Jo1rzkxhio6_250.gif

Bring on Round 2!!!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Naruto grew up to be Obito and Sauske grew up to Madara.
Obito was always an Uchiha version of Naruto. Their younger selves are just as similar.

It's a shame Kishimoto abandoned the drunken style Rock Lee, I would have loved to see a Seventh gate opened drunken Rock Lee wreck Madara or weaker villains like
Kaguya, yes I went there bro

Any of the movies worth watching?

All of the original naruto movies are great......don't know about Shippuuden

Opinions on Sasuke vs Deidara?

Awesome fight. Great animation alongside battle tactics.

Deidara was cheated of his victory

Lightning destroying all his moves... okay

Handy Snake Scroll.... dang it

Deidara never had a chance. Sasuke was out of his league, his only way of winning was to kill himself.

Joni

2) Lack of budget in the Naruto anime series. Now to be fair Naruto as an anime is ridiculously long but even notable moments in Naruto are sometimes badly animated despite the amount of money the franchise makes.
The lack of budget is not exactly their fault. It would be the same for all studio's. Their experimenting with stuff like 3D in the Gaara versus Rock Lee fight has quite improved certain things, so I'm not unhappy they were the ones to make the anime. You also have to think, what is the alternative? You could name all kinds of high-profile studio's, but they'd all be fighting against the budget.

Pein

Banned
Any of the movies worth watching?

the original 3 are fun, blood prison and will of fire are great too.

Watch bonds if you like sasuke and wanna see konoha in a metropolis style which is cool.

Road to ninja and the lost tower if you're a minato fan.
Opinions on Sasuke vs Deidara?

Deidara was my favorite akatsuki member, sucked that sasuke did him in. It was a great fight though, full of tactics and thought.

The Lightning advantage was too convenient you think?

It was just a bad match up.....really never payed much attention to elemental affinities in Naruto (its not like Pokemon for instance) but it seemed to play a massive role in this fight.

The lack of budget is not exactly their fault. It would be the same for all studio's. Their experimenting with stuff like 3D in the Gaara versus Rock Lee fight has quite improved certain things, so I'm not unhappy they were the ones to make the anime. You also have to think, what is the alternative? You could name all kinds of high-profile studio's, but they'd all be fighting against the budget.

True but I can't help myself in feeling that studio's like Madhouse would result in a more consistent animation quality. I'm still thankful to Pierrot after all they have delivered some of the greatest fights in anime history with the help of key animators.

Also they best get the best aniamtors to work on this fight:

maxresdefault.jpg

I know some of the animation in the Naruto anime is shoddy sometimes,but they did give us more gems than coal when it came to the fights/animation in the series.

One of the best fights/if not the best in part 1
sasuke-vs-naruto-2-gif-o.gif

animation-3.gif

Back when she was new and cool.
post-43977-Naruto-fight-gif-Imgur-anime-h-Abv1.gif

Good fight opening,too bad the real thing was meh!
tumblr_n0859ykOqX1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

THIS,this right here was awesome.
W9R92Oj.gif

Bonus/unrelated
tumblr_moahp7Neah1rwakydo1_500.gif

Joni

True but I can't help myself in feeling that studio's like Madhouse would result in a more consistent animation quality. I'm still thankful to Pierrot after all they have delivered some of the greatest fights in anime history with the help of key animators.
Madhouse' Devil May Cry had consistently bad fights. How are they doing on Hunter X Hunter?

Heroman

Banned
tumblr_mwl6h9nfk11sktgg3o2_500.gif

No way were the eight gates going to do any serious damage to Madara when he didn't even fear taking on every single tailed beast.
But he did, he did more damage to madada then everybody else combined. Madara was almost dead after gai attack. If your going to have a move that kills the user then the user should beat somebody with it.

But he did, he did more damage to madada then everybody else combined. Madara was almost dead after gai attack. If your going to have a move that kills the user then the user should beat somebody with it.

Madara was laughing when he was fighting him and even though he said he though he was a goner I, I doubt he ever really took him seriously. He just healed instantly after that attack.

Madara only got serious when he saw Naruto and Sasuke in their god like forms.

Frog-fu

Banned
The NS fandom on tumblr have really doubled down on this whole Shinachiku thing.
Code:
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/6f9841244ed070007dcc11bddaabf243/tumblr_nf1in3PkuR1s1i1jso1_r1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

If you haven't heard, Shinachiku is basically their collective brainchild based on this old interview Kishimoto once gave in which he said that if Naruto had a kid, he'd probably name him Shinachiku, which is another ramen topping.

Fan art creators basically just banded together and made him based what they believe Naruto and Sakura's kid would look like. I think someone else posted an image of him before when he's older, but this one stood out to me.

Frog-fu

Banned
This was dope.
Code:
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/bee7e5d549e2f96e8bdd88d0265d5a9a/tumblr_nc2oafErrE1s8sotmo1_500.gif[/IMG]

Heroman

Banned
Madara was laughing when he was fighting him and even though he said he though he was a goner I, I doubt he ever really took him seriously. He just healed instantly after that attack.

Madara only got serious when he saw Naruto and Sasuke in their god like forms.

Neither naruto nor sasuke did anything like gai did to madara. And he was laughing because the never experienced someone like gai and he was taking gai seriously ,he just couldn't react to gai's attacks.

Frog-fu

Banned
I would like to see the sage using his ninja tools animated or something

Speaking of ninja tools, kinda love and hate Kishimoto at the same time for drawing shit like this back in the day for manga covers.
Code:
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/b1b4af82b45f1993f594070188bc682f/tumblr_nesouruWKF1qk95iao1_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/a26b380915d66dd9c344c7cc75f0f548/tumblr_nesouruWKF1qk95iao2_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/2b675a27dadf749b70677b1131b41f0c/tumblr_nesouruWKF1qk95iao3_500.png[/IMG]

There's tons more of that stuff out there. I wish kid Naruto kept the Scroll of Sealing and wold periodically learn jutsu from it and become a total badass in his own right much earlier by diversifying his skills.

Neither naruto nor sasuke did anything like gai did to madara. And he was laughing because the never experienced someone like gai and he was taking gai seriously ,he just couldn't react to gai's attacks.

If you honestly think Gai eight gates was a bigger thereat than Naruto or Sasuke let alone both of them then you are simply incorrect.

Frog-fu

Banned
Amazing lol
Code:
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/f09b9218249f1200c2e3ebb2903cf5e6/tumblr_nf1tfquSvy1sf5t4fo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/38fc0d181e654d0f1824cfe47691e8bb/tumblr_nf1tfquSvy1sf5t4fo2_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/edcf294c38ceeefbf465d587ccfe3034/tumblr_nf1tfquSvy1sf5t4fo3_1280.jpg[/IMG]

Heroman

Banned
If you honestly think Gai eight gates was a bigger thereat than Naruto or Sasuke let alone both of them then you are simply incorrect.

gai was the only one to almost kill him then yes he was the biggest threat to him. When compared to what gai did nartuo and saskue did noting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom