• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

and that was the nicer translation

here is the more hasher one

Edit: Lol I posted the same one.... wait looking for it ;))

Edit 2: There you go

The nicer one is probably more accurate I can't see anyone calling their main female lead terrible without it being some what intentional.

So, Sakura would be a terrible woman for moving on from a guy who tried to kill her three times....

But staying with said guy, marrying him, having his babies and he's not around to raise your daughter? A-OK!!

hahahahahaha

Village

535942-604075108.jpg

Naruto-693-Sasuke-Sakura-Genjitsu-Stabs-Chest-Annoyance.png

tumblr_inline_nbtps1TwQq1rkatp1.jpg

but yay lets marry this asshole

He's a ninja.

They fight. He has talked down to , stabbed and fought other people to. Its business.

You remember that right, that they are ninja's and this is business for them a good 90% of the time? And maybe sakura and him could have moved past that, because it was business.

Village

Uh, there's nothing business about Sasuke. Everything is personal for him.

You mean like the multiple times he warned naruto and sakura not to get in his way, because he would have to fight them?

It almost sounds like he was goal oriented, or about his business, and anyone who got in his way, was his business.

You mean like the multiple times he warned naruto and sakura not to get in his way, because he would have to fight them?

It almost sounds like he was goal oriented, or about his business, and anyone who got in his way, was his business.

By this logic a soldier can marry the wife of a member of an opposing army he killed because "it wasn't personal, yo!" discounting the fact that it was personal to THEM.

Village

By this logic a soldier can marry the wife of a member of an opposing army he killed because "it wasn't personal, yo!" discounting the fact that it was personal to THEM.

Hmm, oh no I'm not justifying that relationship.

hell i'm arguing its worse.

People are saying its abuse, it isn't . He never gave a shit about sakura in the first place, he treated her like everyone else. Someone in the way.

I don't know what to make of the interview excerpt. All I can say is...it's pretty consistent with Chapter 469 and the rest of the Kage summit arc.

idk why some of you guys are so fixated on Sakura

creating some false illusion of her and putting her on some pedestal.... it doesn't make any sense

At this point, fuck Sakura, honestly.

She's not even the issue (well, she is, but not in this instance)

It's Kishi's views on women, being assbackwards and it manifesting in his manga and the story just suffering for it.

At this point, fuck Sakura, honestly.

She's not even the issue (well, she is, but not in this instance)

It's Kishi's views on women, being assbackwards and it manifesting in his manga and the story just suffering for it.

Konan wasn't bad

I just think he has some vendetta against Sakura (seeing as he added her into the story due to editors pushing it)

I gave up on the character awhile ago.... some people choose to have hope and eventually create some false image of her when there wasn't one to begin with

I ask this question.... Seeing Sakura now do any of you think she is worth Naruto's time/love?

360pages

I don't like Sakura, but even I find it super odd to say.

To be fair, way back in 2008 he said Hinata should have been the female lead, maybe it's that regret showing because he couldn't make Sakura fit right with the rest of the team or he regretted her actions.

Village

Konan wasn't bad

I just think he has some vendetta against Sakura (seeing as he added her into the story due to editors pushing it)

I gave up on the character awhile ago.... some people choose to have hope and eventually create some false image of her when there wasn't one to begin with

I ask this question.... Seeing Sakura now do any of you think she is worth Naruto's time/love?
Elaborate on this

Elaborate on this

Before Kishi eventually published the story we see today there where a few minor changes

Hinata (one of Kishi's first characters he created) was changed into a ninja when initially she was Naruto's love interest from a high noble family

Sakura on the other hand was added into the series after editors pushed for an extra female character (one who could act like those commentary "straight" guy that we usually see in most Shonens) hence why she didn't have a as big story past compared to the rest of the crew

Frog-fu

Banned
I don't like Sakura, but even I find it super odd to say.

To be fair, way back in 2008 he said Hinata should have been the female lead, maybe it's that regret showing because he couldn't make Sakura fit right with the rest of the team or he regretted her actions.

Kishimoto never said this. He was adamant Sakura was the heroine and decried criticisms that Sakura should be more like Hinata and promised he would make her look like more of a heroine, which I suppose he did, but what the fuck, his views are outdated as shit if he genuinely thinks Sakura would be a terrible person for moving on from someone who hurt her and her loved ones.

It's business not personal refers to work and being cutthroat and competitive.

Sasuke is a homeless bum on a revenge quest. By its very nature, his entire journey is personal.

Village

It's business not personal refers to work and being cutthroat and competitive.

Sasuke is a homeless bum on a revenge quest. By its very nature, his entire journey is personal.
His business was revenge, he was self employed. People trying to top him were getting in the way of that.

She stopped being worthy of Naruto at 693, in my eyes.

No one is " worthy" of anyone.
But I didn't want her to end up with naruto when she sent him on a quest to save her boyfriend.

His business was revenge, he was self employed. People trying to top him were getting in the way of that.
His objective was personal, he wasn't being paid. To be self employed you'd have to register with the governing body or his entire operation was the off the books. People who were trying to stop him though, they were actually being paid to do so initally.

Either way, I want to see the receipts. For tax purposes.

Kishimoto never said this. He was adamant Sakura was the heroine and decried criticisms that Sakura should be more like Hinata and promised he would make her look like more of a heroine, which I suppose he did, but what the fuck, his views are outdated as shit if he genuinely thinks Sakura would be a terrible person for moving on from someone who hurt her and her loved ones.

I don't think he's factoring in Sasuke's actions as a criminal ...or at least he's not treating Sasuke like he's the one at fault.

Like I said, it's consistent with the ideas from the Kage Summit arc, and how the false confession spoke against the saying of women's hearts being fickle.

Frog-fu

Banned
I don't think he's factoring in Sasuke's actions as a criminal ...or at least he's not treating Sasuke like he's the one at fault.

Like I said, it's consistent with the ideas from the Kage Summit arc, and how the false confession spoke against the saying of women's hearts being fickle.

It's bullshit.

360pages

Sakura was probably would have been better if she was a little bit more likable from the start. She was the definition of annoying in part 1, she didn't need to be like that. She could have helped more than not at all.

This gave a lot of people a bias view against her. It doesn't help that she didn't really have anything unique about her, something all of the leaf 12 had.

Frog-fu

Banned
693 should have been the last fucking straw for Sakura.

Sasuke betrayed them yet again and openly declared he was going to kill Naruto and Tsunade.

What does Sakura do after the fight is over? She fucking cries, tells him he's troublesome, and panels later is acting like a blushing and is willing to leave with him.

Kishimoto shat all over her character.

Sakura was probably would have been better if she was a little bit more likable from the start. She was the definition of annoying in part 1, she didn't need to be like that. She could have helped more than not at all.

This gave a lot of people a bias view against her. It doesn't help that she didn't really have anything unique about her, something all of the leaf 12 had.

I think she should've stood out from the other girls.

No crush on Sasuke at all. Giving him a reason to respect her or maybe even LIKE her as a person.

Nice to Naruto, help him out with his jutsu. This could give Naruto a reason to like her.

693 should have been the last fucking straw for Sakura.

Sasuke betrayed them yet again and openly declared he was going to kill Naruto and Tsunade.

What does Sakura do after the fight is over? She fucking cries, tells him he's troublesome, and panels later is acting like a blushing and is willing to leave with him.

Kishimoto shat all over her character.

Her character wasn't redeemable in the first place...

Naruto: Orphan kid who wanted to be recognized

Sasuke: Boy who wants to avenge his clan

Sakura: Girl who was teased about her forehead.... Sasuke groupie

Frog-fu

Banned
from tumblr
team taka:forms and spends the most time with part 2 sasuke thus becoming a huge part of his character arc, willing to help sasuke defeat itachi together, willing to help sasuke destroy kohona, joins akatsuki for sasuke, fights killer b and eight tails along side sasuke, sasuke almost dies but karin heals him while juugo infuses his flesh in order to keep sasuke alive, suigetsu risks life in order to let sasuke and the others escape, sasuke gains the power to be able to extinguish the amaterasu flames when karin was about to die, infultrates five kage summit and fights along side sasuke, karin heals sasuke again in kamui's dimension, karin helps sasuke defeat danzo, is used to symbolize sasuke's fall into darkness, and is eventually thrown in jail for being affiliated with sasuke, taka reforms and joins orochimaru in order to revive the past hokages, taka follows sasuke to aid the allied shinobi forces even though said shinobi never gave a shit about these kids, saves tsunade, sasuke wouldn't be able to use his susanoo along side naruto without juugo transferring natural energy into it, karin senses sasuke is dying and awakens her chakra chains while she and the rest of taka try to get to sasuke in time, basically becomes one of the most functional teams in naruto

kishimoto:lol taka who dat

360pages

Team Taka is actually really amazing and are probably closer friends to Sasuke than either Naruto or Sakura.

Hell, Karin did more for Sasuke than Sakura ever did and we actually got a lot of time to see how they interact with one another and help each other. We saw them go on three missions with Sasuke, which is two more than he went on with his actual team.

360pages

I think she should've stood out from the other girls.

No crush on Sasuke at all. Giving him a reason to respect her or maybe even LIKE her as a person.

Nice to Naruto, help him out with his jutsu. This could give Naruto a reason to like her.

This, she was supposed to be the smart one of the group. Yet outside of spouting random info the written portion of the exam was the only one that really showed this.

Team Taka is actually really amazing and are probably closer friends to Sasuke than either Naruto or Sakura.

Hell, Karin did more for Sasuke than Sakura ever did and we actually got a lot of time to see how they interact with one another and help each other. We saw them go on three missions with Sasuke, which is two more than he went on with his actual team.

Would have been cool to have Team Taka follow Sasuke on his world tour at the end of the manga. Instead of just forgetting about them.

Frog-fu

Banned

I can't reconcile the shit Kishimoto is doing and saying with what's been happening in the manga.

Team Taka is just one of many examples. They were far more effective than Team 7 ever was when Sasuke was a part of it.

535942-604075108.jpg

Naruto-693-Sasuke-Sakura-Genjitsu-Stabs-Chest-Annoyance.png

tumblr_inline_nbtps1TwQq1rkatp1.jpg

but yay lets marry this asshole
Oh you put the same two scenes where sasuke was defending himself when sakura was about to stab him? Or the scene where sasuke didnt actually stab her and put her under a genjutsu so that she wouldnt do the same shit she did back in part 1 where she stupidly ran in between naruto and sasukes most devestating attack at the time.
Maybe he was abusive by all those times he saved her back in part 1?
Or the times he gave her moral support back in part 1?
or maybe the times sasuke understood how sakura was feeling back in part 1.
Or how bout that time sasuke saved sakura from those sound nin and the first thing he said was "which one of you hurt sakura" while the first thing naruto noticed was sakuras hair was cut off.

just reminding everyone when they first introduced themselves to Kakashi Narutos dream was to be Hokage, with no mention of being with Sakura. Sakuras dream was to be with Sasuke. Sasukes goal was to kill Itachi.
Everyone got their dream!
Sakura wasnt even one of the things naruto said he liked.

360pages

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a series with team Taka or that team. They are all pretty likable, even Karin with her nonsense can be pretty funny at times.

It's funny that a team that was pushed on by his editors ended up being the most well written team in the series...which is either sad or hilarious

Village

His objective was personal, he wasn't being paid. To be self employed you'd have to register with the governing body or his entire operation was the off the books. People who were trying to stop him though, they were actually being paid to do so initally.

Either way, I want to see the receipts. For tax purposes.

You get tax write offs for revenge exspenses when you are a ninja

So I didn't read the manga wrong. NaruSaku was hinted at, but Sakura's character would have been ruined if she suddenly got over the guy who was never romantically interested her, not to mention tried to cut her down on multiple occasions.

Ok Kishimoto.

Welfare

Before Kishi eventually published the story we see today there where a few minor changes

Hinata (one of Kishi's first characters he created) was changed into a ninja when initially she was Naruto's love interest from a high noble family

Sakura on the other hand was added into the series after editors pushed for an extra female character (one who could act like those commentary "straight" guy that we usually see in most Shonens) hence why she didn't have a as big story past compared to the rest of the crew

I'd believe that. I think the whole Hyuga conflict from part 1 solidified in my opinion that Hinata (and the Hyuga in general) was meant to be more important to the story, and that's where I decided that NaruHina and SasuSaku would be endgame.

Oh you put the same two scenes where sasuke was defending himself when sakura was about to stab him? Or the scene where sasuke didnt actually stab her and put her under a genjutsu so that she wouldnt do the same shit she did back in part 1 where she stupidly ran in between naruto and sasukes most devestating attack at the time.
Maybe he was abusive by all those times he saved her back in part 1?
Or the times he gave her moral support back in part 1?
or maybe the times sasuke understood how sakura was feeling back in part 1.
Or how bout that time sasuke saved sakura from those sound nin and the first thing he said was "which one of you hurt sakura" while the first thing naruto noticed was sakuras hair was cut off.

just reminding everyone when they first introduced themselves to Kakashi Narutos dream was to be Hokage, with no mention of being with Sakura. Sakuras dream was to be with Sasuke. Sasukes goal was to kill Itachi.
Everyone got their dream!
Sakura wasnt even one of the things naruto said he liked.

this guy has a point

SasuSaku isn't Sasuke problem

Sasuke shouldn't be blamed for Sakura being a groupie

Yup, it's Kishimoto who decided she'd end up as a groupie.

I also agree that Kishi designed her as a bad character from the very start but will I have sympathy for her character?..... Nope

Always a groupie till the end

Even Naruto didn't really sympathize on chapter 693 like he usually does

One thing I wanna say is that saying Sasusaku is abusive is not completely wrong but its not the most abusive. Narusasu is the most abusive relationship in the whole series.
"Ill break everysingle bone in your body and drag you back to the village if I have to!" That sounds like something an abusive husband would tell his wife if she tried to leave him.

It's bullshit.

Yeah but it's a different kind of bullshit. It's like Naruto crying over the man responsible for almost everything bad in the manga because he too, wanted to become Hokage. Kishimoto's main message is about forgiveness, but he doesn't handle it a believable way.

I'll say this though. It seems like Kishimoto never intended Sakura to have a purpose in the story outside of coupling. I mean the revelation isn't surprising but still.

Welp, there you have it from the creator himself. Like I said before a few pages back you have to think in reality of Naruto being a teenage boy going into manhood. No one stays in love with their naive childhood crush as they get older,its rare to be honest. I also understand Kishi didn't do any justice at the character development of some but whats done is done. Any grievance still after this interview comes off as....
saltdancegift4jj7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom