• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
the movie description said Naruto's love for Sakura was merely a crush
a fickle in the autumn breeze

Naruto ditching Sakura was one of the best growing up aspects he had as a character

Well according to Kishi's assistant since the end of the Pain arc

from then till now he just slowly matured
She was useless in that arc and thought that fake hug at the end was kosher. Naruto was like ''Where were you when I was out here fighting Pein,at least Hinata was trying to put it down instead crying on the sideline''.

When did he ditch her?
For me it was around the time she made that fake confession and thought shit was all gravy lol.

Anyway the proof is in the pudding
aVZHAkC.jpg

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a series with team Taka or that team. They are all pretty likable, even Karin with her nonsense can be pretty funny at times.

It's funny that a team that was pushed on by his editors ended up being the most well written team in the series...which is either sad or hilarious

Juugo is whatever. I liked Karin and Suigetsu initially but as the series progressed they became increasingly over the top with their antics.

Naruto is a terrible person than, according to Kishimoto

I think Naruto is the only one who has the privilege of expressing something bigger than 2 dimensional feelings. It's a privilege given to the main character because the story's about him.

When I posted about reasoning behind crushes in this story, it's no surprise that the only reasons I had revolved around the Naruto character. Whether it was feelings about Naruto or from Naruto, it all revolves around his development.

A lot of what makes the Sakura and Sasuke story weak, is that the relationship takes backseat to Naruto and Sasuke's relationship.

They didn't do a very good job of making that apparent if that is indeed the case. I see now why they needed to make this Last Movie.

well it was apparent to me and the majority of the fanbase

We even said Naruto was joking about that "GF" comment but nope apparently it was serious business

look back before the Pain invasion and see how wanting Naruto was and then look after the invasion and see how he just jokes around and doesn't really obsessively care

They didn't do a very good job of making that apparent if that is indeed the case. I see now why they needed to make this Last Movie.

Well there were a lot of bait and switches. I don't think Kishimoto had any intention of developing a good romantic subplot and just had "moments" so fractions of each fanbase could feed off them. If Kishimoto had Naruto and Hinata in the works since the Pain arc, that means everything involving Kushina and Sakura being parallel to each other was a deliberate red herring.

So, are we finally coming to terms with the parings or nah?
slowly... it is a slow process
not sure about Frog Though.... he is usually quite when stuff like this happens

For me this was the last nail in the coffin for any NaruSaku fans.... I mean seriously if you can't see the forest for the trees of all the things that show you it wasn't meant to be then I can't help you anymore

I mean everyone who matters isn't on your side

Kishi.... his assistants... the anime studio.... the game studio

For me this was the last nail in the coffin for any NaruSaku fans.... I mean seriously if you can't see the forest for the trees of all the things that show you it wasn't meant to be then I can't help you anymore

You don't need to help me, I know which pairings are canon and I'm still of the opinion that they were mishandled, especially after today.

rrc1594

Why did Itachi have to kill all of the women and kids again?

Couldn't he just kill the leaders of the rebellion?

I don't know In all honesty don't see the love Itachi gets from fans. IMO a lot shit happen because of him that could of been avoided

360pages

He could have took Sasuke with him.

With all that said, a lot of things could have been avoided if people weren't stuck up. Like giving Madara the second Hokage seat made sense and he had a right to be pissed off when Tobirama pretty much fucked him over because of the past that both his brother and Madara was willing to look past.

Turok_TTZ

I don't know In all honesty don't see the love Itachi gets from fans. IMO a lot shit happen because of him that could of been avoided
He was forced to make difficult choices and saw most of them through the end and did it like a boss.

anywho...
tumblr_nfceaeUXvu1szrvhqo6_400.gif

tumblr_nfceaeUXvu1szrvhqo7_400.gif

mother of god.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
The movie leak details still support the fact that Salad is Karin's kid that Sakura is raising by herself.
Wat?
Not in the slightest. Kishimoto said he planned NH for a while and thought maybe NS but thought it would make Sakura a horrible person and she loved sasuke too much anyway.
So kishimoto just made another shitstorm.

slowly... it is a slow process
not sure about Frog Though.... he is usually quite when stuff like this happens

I mean everyone who matters isn't on your side

Kishi.... his assistants... the anime studio.... the game studio

Yeah. I saw this coming too.

Sai

Most of it comes from the the manner in which the author portrays the way he uses his abilities, rather than his deeds. Itachi used to be one of my favorite characters, before the truth of the Uchiha massacre was revealed.

There's a particular user at NF who periodically made threads that just completely diced Itachi's character apart. Opinion was more than a little biased, but so much of it made sense. XD

Frog-fu

Banned
Someone else gave it a shot at translating.
tumblr_inline_nfcr1ioZaZ1r8tgv9.jpg

Interviewer::最終話では、ヒナタとの間に2人の子供がいることが示唆されましたが、ヒナタとナルトが結婚する未来はいつ頃固まったのでしょうか。

Interviewer:: Saishu hanashi de ha, hinata tono ma ni 2 hito no kodomo ga iru koto ga shisasaremashita ga, hinata to naruto ga kekkon suru mirai ha itsugoro katamatta no deshou ka?

Kishimoto::かなり前からヒナタで決めていました。サクラにしようかと迷った時期もあったのですが、ここへ来てサクラがナルトに心変わりしたら、さすがにサクラはひどい女過ぎでしょう(笑う)。 それに、実際サクラはなんだかんだでサスケに対して一途なんだと思います

Kishimoto:: KANARI mae kara hinata de kimeteimashita. sakura ni shiyouka to MAYOTTA jiki mo atta no desuga, koko he kite sakura ga naruto ni kokoro kawarishitara, sasuga ni sakura ha hidoi
sugi deshou(laugh). SORE NI, JISSAI SAKURA ha NANDAKANDA de sasuke ni taishite ichizu NANDA to OMOIMASU.

You had the NaruHina person translated it as such….
"I decided quite a while ago to go with Hinata.
There was a time when I was on the fence about going with Sakura, but after coming this far and just having Sakura switch over to loving Naruto would make her kind of a terrible woman.
Anyway, Sakura really has always just been wholeheartedly about Sasuke.”
Right?

I translate it as such. You have to really take it in context.

Interviewer:: In the last story, there is a part where small kid hinata and naruto being suggested(or hinted out in a trailer). May I know WHEN WAS IT THAT YOU FIRM, FIRM MAKE the decision that hinata marry naruto in the future?

Kishimoto:: Well, QUITE SOME TIME AGO, I have decided (Naruto to marry) with Hinata. Even though, Sakura had HER MOMENTS OF WAVERING(confused, hearts divided), (not Kishimoto were thinking twice about it, whether to put Hinata or Sakura as Naruto’s wife), for Sakura to come to that part (of marrying Naruto), she would have to change her heart and that would make her a VERY, VERY cruel woman, no? Besides/moreover, THE PRACTICAL SAKURA has been always CONSIDERATE (been thinking, if you must) to Sasuke, IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

Now….do I think my translation is correct?

a) KANARI:: which means / CONSIDERABLY / FAIRLY / QUITE .
http://jisho.org/words?jap=kanari&eng=&dict=edict&romaji=on

Kishimoto NEVER SAID that he had considered FOR A VERY LONG TIME AGO.

b) MAYOTTA is the past tense for Mayou, 迷う, and Mayou means, ‘TO HAVE TWO HEARTS, TO BE DIVIDED’
http://jisho.org/words?jap=迷う&eng=&dict=edict&romaji=on

So yes, KISHIMOTO ADMITTED THAT THERE WERE TIMES HE DID MAKE SAKURA THINK TWICE IN HER RELATIONSHIP WITH NARUTO AND SASUKE.

My opinion,…..Kishimoto said, ‘To Come To This Stage’, Kishimoto was referring to ‘To come to the stage of Sakura marrying Naruto, like how the question was referring to Hinata marrying Naruto’, Kishimoto think that Sakura would be a very cruel woman if she decided to change her heart and go after Naruto. Kishimoto was referring not to Sakura giving a chance to herself and Naruto as being a very cruel woman, Kishimoto was referring the fact that if Sakura were to decide to change her hearts towards Naruto, Sakura would be very cruel to Hinata and to some extend Naruto. That’s why Kishimoto said Sakura must get Sasuke.

Sore ni, means ‘MoreOver, Besides’.

JISSAI SAKURA…..jissai refers to ‘practical, come to reality’. So, with JISSAI Sakura, it means Sakura is a practical girl.
http://jisho.org/words?jap=jissai&eng=&dict=edict

…..Has Always Been Thinking Of Sasuke.

Now, there is no words of ‘love Sasuke’ in Sakura’s term. Kishimoto used the term ‘to omoimasu’ which means ‘to think’, but given in context NANDAKANDA and NANDA TO OMOIMASU, it appears to me that what Kishimoto was saying, that the ‘Practical Sakura has always been in ‘ONE WAY OR ANOTHER’ give consideration to Sasuke’s plight.
http://jisho.org/words?jap=nandakanda&eng=&dict=edict

http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/leaf/je2/56858/m0u/なんだ/

So…..consider this, how can you say ‘practical Sakura’ and 'loving Sasuke since genin days' goes hand in hand?

Stop being mean to Kishimoto okay? Just be glad that what you(NaruSaku fans) had suspected was confirmed by Kishimoto’s answer. Even the interviewer asked in such a way that he knew NaruSaku could stand a chance(eh, when did you actually firm, firm the NaruHina decision.)
Now, you can go back to the same excuse…..’OMG, KISHIMOTO IS MILKING NARUTO SO MUCH, that’s why he’s giving Naruto to Hinata and Sakura to Sasuke.’

ps: btw, I’m pretty amused by the NaruHina marketing picture’s ‘title’ words. I’m like, I see what you are trying to do, Studio Pierrot, but I won’t say anything until the movie comes out..

If this is a correction translation, it somewhat mitigates Kishimoto's words, but it's overall still very shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom