• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

I see it more as extroverts and introverts perfectly complimenting each other.

NaruHina satisfies the conditions. Naruto is the extrovert who has a dominant personality. Hinata is the introvert with her shyness and overall much more reserved personality.

if that rumor was true about the staff talking about Naruto and Hinata reminding them of kimi ni todoke on twitter, this is why. hinata is sawako and naruto is her kazehaya.

for those who are too lazy to google, sawako was an introvert as well and only thanks to her outgoing kazehaya who she admired, she gradually opened up and overcame her shyness. sound familiar, don't it?

too bad NaruHina never got the proper development it deserved but I understand Naruto is a shounen series. kimi ni todoke is a shoujo series. hopefully the movie more shoujo focused if we want to see some real development.

rrc1594

As I have said before. Kishimoto's ridiculous and frankly sexist depiction of woman in the Naruto universe is obviously a reflection of his own ideals about woman in general.

Having Sakura get over her 'feeling' for Sasuke would make her a horrible woman? Seriously? GTFO of here with that shit Kishimoto. There is literally no justifying SasuSaku and anyone trying needs to be ashamed of themselves.

Damn bro it's just a Shounen manga. It's also a world where you can kill someone parents and then be called a "cool guy". Anything is redeemable in the Naruto world. I don't care for shipping wars or parings, but I think throw real life situations in world where 11 year olds kill people is kind of ridiculous. Bash Kishmoto isn't right, but that's just my 2 cents

Turok_TTZ

As I have said before. Kishimoto's ridiculous and frankly sexist depiction of woman in the Naruto universe is obviously a reflection of his own ideals about woman in general.

Having Sakura get over her 'feeling' for Sasuke would make her a horrible woman? Seriously? GTFO of here with that shit Kishimoto. There is literally no justifying SasuSaku and anyone trying needs to be ashamed of themselves.
No one is justifying SasuSaku here. It's just kishi.
I'm too lazy but there was an excellent post about kishi's warped view on women on tumblr.
I'll post it later if I can find it again. Sasusaku is disgusting, there can be no question.

Sakura should have ended up with Rock Lee imo.
because she sure as hell not getting Naruto. Kishi makes it clear. Sakura would never give Naruto the same affection she has for Sasuke. it actually fits her shitty character. I don't approve of SasuSaku but it is what it is.

Damn bro it's just a Shounen manga. It's also a world where you can kill someone parents and then be called a "cool guy". Anything is redeemable in the Naruto world. I don't care for shipping wars or parings, but I think throw real life situations in world where 11 year olds kill people is kind of ridiculous. Bash Kishmoto isn't right, but that's just my 2 cents

One Piece is also a Shounen manga. Compare the treatment and depiction of female characters Naruto to how Nico Robin or Nami were developed. Shounen is not automatically synonymous with shit depictions of women.

Sasuke's "redemption" isn't even the issue. Sasuke coming back from the dark side was always a given. Hell I don't even hate the ideal of Sakura eventually forgiving Sasuke and becoming friends. But the ideal of them getting together, and having his kid? After all the shit he put her through? The fact that he was willing to let her die a horrible death by lava not one chapter ago?

Nope...

Turok_TTZ

its actually more common than you think but Oda unlike kishi actually knows how to write his characters and more importantly, is a better writer.

Then again, Oda has made sure there will be no romance for the strawhat crew so maybe that helps...

definitely portrays women better though. Nico robin has my deepest respects. always seen nami as fanservice though. which is funny as robin outdoes nami in this regard without even trying :lol:

One Piece is also a Shounen manga. Compare the treatment and depiction of female characters Naruto to how Nico Robin or Nami were developed. Shounen is not automatically synonymous with shit depictions of women.

Sasuke's "redemption" isn't even the issue. Sasuke coming back from the dark side was always a given. Hell I don't even hate the ideal of Sakura eventually forgiving Sasuke and becoming friends. But the ideal of them getting together, and having his kid? After all the shit he put her through? The fact that he was willing to let her die a horrible death by lava not one chapter ago?

Nope...
I don't agree with SasuSaku either but not for Sakura's sake
Just that it seemed a little stupid

Sasuke said it himself he doesn't understand why she loved him (none of us do)
Still I just need to make clear that Sasuke knew Kakashi was on the job in saving her and Obito seeing as he explained in detail on how Kakashi saved both of them....

The problem I see in SasuSaku is the fact that since chapter 1 Sakura didn't change from being a Sasuke groupie.... Sasuke eventually gave up on his little obssivive fan and accepted her... I don't see the blame at Sasuke really, he was just protecting himself and/or caring out business as usual to everyone..

Those scene that people keep on showing to show Sasuke as some sort of abuser is highly inaccurate seeing as he attacked bloody anyone in his way boy or girl and seeing that we just raise the issue just because Sakura is a female kinda distorts the whole argument of equality....

Both times Sakura was trying to kill Sasuke and he knew that so he tried to kill her... He was a rouge ninja he didn't give a fuck about his BFF Naruto so Sakura was even less at that time

The Problem I see instead is Sakura just continued to chase after the guy who wanted to avoid her...
All in all should I feel sympathy in the character? No, seeing as she wasn't really that redeeming to begin with.

I just see this whole Feminist thing as some people grasping for straws

She is a shitty female.... You guys finally understand that (welcome to the club) but come on there are good female characters in Naruto it is just that Sakura isn't one of them!

Loving this character so much as distorted your overall views of the series as a whole!

Frog-fu

Banned

The most reoccurring translations I've seen indicate Sakura would have been terrible to Hinata, not Sasuke, if she moved on and acted on the feelings she had for Naruto. SasuSaku seems to have happened out of convenience.

It's a small consolation for NS shippers and Sakura fans in general, but it's a pretty shitty excuse nonetheless.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
and that was the nicer translation

here is the more hasher one

Edit: Lol I posted the same one.... wait looking for it ;))

Edit 2: There you go

did he really call the heroine of his manga a terrible girl?

dude simply hated the shit out of her lol.

well he never initially wanted her his series

he added her after some editor revisions

heck one interview said that the whole beginning love triangle in Team 7 wasn't his initial plan to begin with
...but what I see in these latest interview is that Kishi said that Sakura never loved Naruto

He thought about changing that once but thought it was out of her character since she whole heartedly loves Sasuke

WHICH WAS WHAT A MAJORITY OF US WERE SAYING LOL

The most reoccurring translations I've seen indicate Sakura would have been terrible to Hinata, not Sasuke, if she moved on and acted on the feelings she had for Naruto. SasuSaku seems to have happened out of convenience.

It's a small consolation for NS shippers and Sakura fans in general, but it's a pretty shitty excuse nonetheless.
this is wrong

the beginning Sentence about Hinata and the whole other sentence are not connected with each other
Some translators said that people are just trying to interpret it wrong hence why the ending of his statement ended with the fact that Sakura whole heartily loved Sasuke anyway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From one of the Translators at NF

From mezzo on NF:
mezzomarinaio:
…I would ask how the fuck anyone could come up with such a translation from the Japanese text of Kishi’s answer… but after Kakashi’s words being twisted beyond recognition and Sakura’s second confession being likened to someone proclaiming their platonic love for HAMBURGERS, I guess I should really stop trying to make sense of this shit.

Just to make things clear, though:

KISHI EXPLICITLY SAYS THAT THERE WAS A TIME WHEN HE WONDERED WHETHER HE SHOULD CHANGE SAKURA’S FEELINGS, BUT THAT HE QUICKLY DISMISSED THE IDEA BECAUSE 1) IT WOULD MAKE HER LOOK BAD TO SUDDENLY LOVE NARUTO ONLY AFTER HE BECAME A ‘HERO’ AND 2) SHE’S ALWAYS BEEN DEEPLY IN LOVE WITH SASUKE.

I REPEAT: HE THOUGHT OF CHANGING HER FEELINGS, BUT DISMISSED THE POSSIBILITY. MEANING THAT THIS ‘CHANGING OF FEEELINGS’ NEVER HAPPENED IN THE MANGA. THE POSSIBILITY OF IT WAS DISMISSED BY THE AUTHOR, MUCH LIKE THE IDEA OF NARUTO BEING THE SON OF THE KYUUBI IN THE PILOT CHAPTER.

AND PLEASE NOTE: KISHI DOESN’T SAY THAT SAKURA ‘GETTING TOGETHER’ WITH NARUTO WOULD MAKE HER LOOK BAD (WHICH, IF YOU IGNORE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE ABOUT SASUKE, COULD POSSIBLY IMPLY THAT SHE LOVED HIM BUT ‘LET HIM GO’ TO HINATA). HE SAYS THAT SAKURA ‘SWITCHING HER FEELINGS’ TO NARUTO AFTER ALL THAT HAPPENED WOULD MAKE HER LOOK BAD - WHICH MEANS THAT SHE NEVER WAVERED IN HER FEELINGS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

心変わり = change one’s mind; inconstancy; faithlessness

THE IDEA OF HER CHANGING HER FEELINGS WAS DISMISSED. IT NEVER MATERIALIZED.

IT’S SERIOUSLY NOT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

If people wondered about the whole Hamburger thing... the meltdowns in that thread were ridiculous

What the heck is going on in here...anyway.

Kishimoto: After he did all those things, I don’t think he could really live in the village as normal. So it’s his journey of atonement. Furthermore, in the story inside my head he’s also gone out to solve the questions that weren’t answered. For example, what exactly is Kaguya, the last boss in the manga. If they don’t find out where she came from the same things could happen again, so the journey is sort of to prevent that as well. But if I explain these things at length people will think the manga might carry on even further so I skipped writing about it. Because I don’t have any plans to continue those storylines.

Reading bits and pieces of what get's translated of Kishi's interview on Naruto forums. Found this interesting. I wonder if this will be touched on in the movie a bit. Maybe this is related to the rumored big contribution Sasuke makes. Really I just find it odd that Kishi would even have these sort of ideas without the least bit of telling us.
what I got from this is that Kishi was overly tired of this story and just wanted it to end as quickly as possible

;)))))))

Nope...

yeah no

20140805195851!Nami_Manga_Post_Timeskip_Infobox.png

Embarrassing character design.

Oh and the bolded statement is wrong becuase in the very next page he clearly understood what Kakashi was doing and so went to save Naruto.

The only takeaway I'm getting from all this is he was deliberately trolling people.

How many times does one need Kishi to literally confess Sakura's love for Sasuke.......there have been like 4 instances and yet some readers just ignore it and then wonder why Sasusaku happened. Its not Kishi's fault. Its yours.

Zoe

How many times does one need Kishi to literally confess Sakura's love for Sasuke.......there have been like 4 instances and yet some readers just ignore it and then wonder why Sasusaku happened. Its not Kishi's fault. Its yours.

I'm talking about all the stuff with Naruto's parents and that movie.

Turok_TTZ

road to ninja isn't canon. never will be. maybe the character designs for sakura's parents but the movie itself nah.
Kishi is most definitely a troll though.
thankfully, I can easily see through his troll attempts... most of them.

Hans Holo

Banned
googleplex most butthurt person ever

Insulting Kishi as sexist and saying gtfo with that shit and so on. About something minor like pairings. Wtf man he can do whatever he likes to, it's his manga.

These people...

googleplex most butthurt person ever

Insulting Kishi as sexist and saying gtfo with that shit and so on. About something minor like pairings. Wtf man he can do whatever he likes to, it's his manga.

These people...

Unless you can counter someone argument with resulting to name calling, then perhaps to shouldn't try.

It's still trolling.

Are you wondering why Kishimoto pandered to Naruto and Sakura when he never had a future intended for them? As opposed to...putting all his eggs in one basket and just making a single relationship, whether it was going to be Hinata or Sakura, with gradual, meaningful development?

I don't know. But I guess constructing romance was never a priority to begin with. He just created these relationships and they were straggled along with the main plot. Hinata, for instance, is defined by her feelings for Naruto. But she was never going to get a more important role vs villains because of that characterization. Naruto's a fighting manga. If you can't fight, you aren't going to get a lot of time.

That said, it's a shame that trolling took priority over...storytelling. Kishimoto could have done a gurren laggan kind of thing with the characters.

Unless you can counter someone argument with resulting to name calling, then perhaps to shouldn't try.

Just because Sakura is a terrible character doesn't mean the dude is sexist

Obito whines about Rin every second and is terrible too yet last I checked he wasn't female

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: takL (NF top translator) finally got in on the interview

Kish “ive decided on hinata (to be narutos lady) since quite a long time ago. There was a time when i wondered if i should pick sakura (for the role) but now sakura would be too thick as a woman if she had a change of heart to give it to Naruto at this stage of the game (lol). plus actually sakura is always devoted to sasuke after all, I think.”

And then someone asked him (takL) this:

So no mention or it implied in any way that Sakura gave up on Naruto for Hinata’s sake?

Or that Sakura was “pragmatic” and chose Sasuke because she sympathized with him or something?
And he answered:

No kish says sakura has been in love with sasuke all along.

and just like every other translator showed that Kishi didn't even make Sakura consider Naruto as a love interest

Look at these two key points

"There was a time when i wondered if i should pick sakura (for the role)..."

- which means that he thought about doing it but he never did (as in he never put it in his work)

"...plus actually sakura is always devoted to sasuke after all, I think.”

- which means she ONLY loved Sasuke

DONE, OVER, FIN
All those discussion and "proofs" were just FALSE assumptions.... All those claims of moneyhatting were wrong... Saying people can't understand the manga? Nope

EVERYTHING YOU CLAIMED WAS BLOODY WRONG

....Hating on Kishi's work is fine... disagreeing in his choices are fine but remember that this is his manga/story trying to say he is wrong and this character will do that or this or that because one character you loved was shitted on in due to your own personal belief doesn't paint the author as some type of bigot

there are other characters that some deem shitty as well.... male and female

What you see in chapter 700 is Sakura as much as you want to deny it

PaulBizkit

Y'know there's that one female character in Naruto that I don't know much about is Ten-Ten. To me, it feels like she is just there.

She is one of the main protagonists in the Naruto SD anime and has much more dialog there. She is like Shimpachi in Gintama (the one who delivers the punch-lines and highlights the jokes)

But i don't know if Kishi explains anything about her in that series. I've only watched some short videos and skimmed through a couple of episodes
looking for the moments where hinata appears, and tbh, those are hilarious

What argument lol......go on lets see this argument on why Kishi is sexist. Please list your reasons.

It's still trolling.

Well unless you foolishly believe that movies explicitly said not to be canon somehow effect the canon storyline then I guess you could get caught up....at which point its clear the fault lies with your inability to understand whats canon.

Zoe

Well unless you foolishly believe that movies explicitly said not to be canon somehow effect the canon storyline then I guess you could get caught up....at which point its clear the fault lies with your inability to understand whats canon.

There is also stuff that was within canon, the stuff with his parents as I said earlier.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
There is also stuff that was within canon, the stuff with his parents as I said earlier.

Something I have noticed is that a lot of that stuff comes in 2013/14 which is after the screenplay for The Last was written. I wonder if he really was trolling.

Come on now, don't be a sore winner. I mean with stuff like this, people were led on until the final chapters.

I thought a post on NF had a good explanation of Kishimoto's shifts reflected in the story:

Rashman said:
NaruHina/SasuSaku were the main pairings he had in mind especially in part 1. Part 1 ends with Sakura vowing to get stronger in order to help Naruto bring Sasuke back. You also have Kiba teasing Hinata about Naruto and her ultimately watching Naruto leave for his training.

At the beginning of part 2, he considered and played with the idea of NaruSaku especially in the Sai/Yamato arc. NaruSaku also stood out since neither Sasuke nor Hinata were present in the manga at the time.

He ultimately went back to NaruHina/SasuSaku in the pain arc. After Hinata's confession, you have Sakura realize just how much Hinata loves Naruto and the we get the fake confession which ultimately killed NaruSaku. The same arc also re-established that Sakura still loved Sasuke.

If you were an anime watcher, or even someone who adopted the manga late, you wouldn't have seen the suggested ships from the ending of part 1.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"yeah you can say something like that"

*budamb tish

nice joke mate

Sakura pounds some 10tail minions.... Naruto "I need to stop joking with Sakura"

Father leaves.... Naruto "About finding a girl liker her.... well... I haven't done everything she told me"

"yeah you can say something like that"

*budamb tish

nice joke mate

Sakura pounds some 10tail minions.... Naruto "I need to stop joking with Sakura"

Father leaves.... Naruto "About finding a girl liker her.... well... I haven't done everything she told me"

Yeah people miss the final part. That's key.

Zoe

That quote doesn't mean they HAVE to get together.

It doesn't mean Kishimoto wasn't trolling with it.

Just because a writer has an endgame planned doesn't mean they won't try to throw you off here and there. Kishimoto just happened to be bad at that.

That's not what he said at all. He never said he wasn't teasing it.
lol he said... with a bunch of translators as proof (even ones who are natively Japanese)
that he thought of the idea (like how all writers do) and decided agains't it since Sakura only loved Sasuke

He thought about it but he never did try and do it..... Did the editors try to make him change his mind?

Who knows since Sakura was an editor made character to begin with compared to Hinata

but seeing your edited post you mean a red flag

Well maybe with Naruto crushing on Sakura but not with Sakura ever loving him

Zoe

lol he said

with a bunch of translators as proof (even ones who are natively Japanese)

that he thought of the idea (like how all writers do) and decided agains't it since Sakura only loved Sasuke

He thought about it but he never did try and do it..... Did the editors try to make him change his mind?

Who knows since Sakura was an editor made character to begin with compared to Hinata

How does that contradict what I'm saying?

How does that contradict what I'm saying?

Lol I never saw the added piece

but a red flag could've happened... especially in the Anime but the Manga never had Sakura loving Naruto and Naruto's love was merely a crush to get admired by someone who loved the popular kid of Konoha

What he means is Kushina's line "find someone like me".. instead of a weirdo

and for Minato there isn't any

Okay.......so Naruto's mom wants him to find someone like her......I guess its nice to want things

Come on now, don't be a sore winner. I mean with stuff like this, people were led on until the final chapters.

I thought a post on NF had a good explanation of Kishimoto's shifts reflected in the story:

If you were an anime watcher, or even someone who adopted the manga late, you wouldn't have seen the suggested ships from the ending of part 1.

I don't get it. She wants him to find a girl like her.....doesn't mean thats going to happen, its just a wish not a prediction.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

Nice joke :D

a lot of reaching

I see what you did there lol

Yado

Obito whines about Rin every second and is terrible too yet last I checked he wasn't female

and just like every other translator showed that Kishi didn't even make Sakura consider Naruto as a love interest

- which means that he thought about doing it but he never did (as in he never put it in his work)

DONE, OVER, FIN
All those discussion and "proofs" were just FALSE assumptions.... All those claims of moneyhatting were wrong... Saying people can't understand the manga? Nope

....Hating on Kishi's work is fine... disagreeing in his choices are fine but remember that this is his manga/story trying to say he is wrong and this character will do that or this or that because one character you loved was shitted on in due to your own personal belief doesn't paint the author as some type of bigot

Naruto is rife with sexism, even if Sakura didn't exist it would still be blatantly obvious.

DONE, OVER, FIN

Yeah Kishi outright came out and murdered NaruSaku's integrity lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom