• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fj0823

Hinata is definitely not an unimportant side character.....she stopped being that since this happened:

tumblr_mcm6hvkY6s1riau57o2_500.gif

Also Sakura is clearly the heroine of the manga or a better description would be the girl the manga focuses on the most.

I don't know if you guys have noticed but the manga is very focused on Team 7.

As I said, the anime does a fantastic job at giving the other characters moments, from comedy sketches, filler arcs and even original powers and extended fights

If the anime had a Tad less filler and a better animation in some parts, I would call it superior to the manga.

And frog, Id rather have a romance focused movie, than any road to ninja fanfic BS..even if I enjoyed sluthina and transLee

Frog-fu

Banned
But isn't this the chance for the movie to give her that development. Honestly, I'm kind of Jelly of the anime fans sometime because they actually have other characters get screen time outside of Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura, thus this probably seems a lot less jarring to them.

But if the movie can give development to Hinata, then why not?

At the risk of repeating arguments: Kishimoto should have developed Hinata in the manga rather than neglect her character and to leave her love unrequited until the epilogue.

I agree that she didn't have that much screen time but we all know she was trying her hardest to prove herself

and anytime she does have a serious moment her background story helps make it more interesting like when she fought against Neji.. compared to Sakura's stupid rivalry with Ino (which to me was the worst thing in the Chunin Exams)

That's beside the point. Hinata's potential was squandered for the sake of making her pairing fodder.

Ino and Sakura's rivalry was actually one of the better aspects of the exam because it developed Sakura and made us understand her motivations to beat Ino. She didn't want to remain in her shadow any longer, and she wanted to stand on her own to feet instead of relying on Ino, the girl who once protected her from bullies.

Sakura screaming "Sasuke-kuuun" (something you haters always use against Hinata even though she says kun to every guy) every time she sees him and breaks down to being a groupie isn't something she grew out of... heck it morphed into something bigger

if you see all the times she is by herself... fine she tries and does something (usually fails)
but when Sasuke comes she goes gaga for him

SHE HAS ALWAYS LOVED SASUKE this didn't digress at all in the war Arc and there are a ton of scenes to prove it

Sakura was not even remotely as bad as Hinata. Her world didn't revolve around Sasuke, she didn't idolise him, he wasn't her motivation in life, and she was able to actually talk to him, and at times give him a piece of her mind, e.g. when she called him a coward during the second stage of the Chūnin Exams, or when she stood up for Naruto during their reunion in Iron Country.

The manga showed us that she had guts and drive, and that she wanted to become stronger to be acknowledged, and she was inspired by Ino, Sasuke, Naruto and Tsunade to do so, and she did.

Then 699 happened, and her behaviour around Sasuke was no different than in chapter 3 or other earlier chapters of the story.

I see never knew Naruto was with her when she trained every day to get recognized by her clan

Hinata used Naruto as a crutch in the sense that she needed him to want to do better. Her entire world revolved around Naruto and he was her motivation for everything.

Now compare that to Sakura, who wanted to improve because wanted acknowledgement (from more than just one person), because she was inspired by others, because she had her pride as a kunoichi and Tsunade's successor.

At the risk of repeating arguments: Kishimoto should have developed Hinata in the manga rather than neglect her character and to leave her love unrequited until the epilogue.

For all we know she has plenty of personality, but we only see the parts where she's thinking about Naruto because Kishimoto seemingly only knows how to write female characters with a singular motivation that permeates every aspect of their life and thoughts. She got shafted just like every other one of the Konoha 11, but since she's the most important rookie who isn't goddamn Sasuke or Sakura, it stands out even more.

Sakura wanting acknowledgement from what exactly? Other then admiring Ino for being so upfront and brave to her forhead bullies the full reason they became enemies is because they both loved Sasuke even though they where friends

Of course Sakura didn't need some motivator for her life.... her life wasn't in the slumps to begin with

Seeing Naruto working hard even though people didn't acknowledge him made Hinata believe that she could do so as well

it makes sense..... it doesn't mean she made her world revolve around him... she went on missions and lived her own life she never chased the dude everywhere and when he himself was about to stray from his beliefs she smacked him back to reality

you say Kishi made Hinata's only purpose was to be some pairing fodder but initially Hinata was made to be some Noble and Naruto's love interest but the editors that this was too simple for the protag (to just love some top brass girl and for her to love him while society didn't approve of such a thing)

Kishi never had a lot of time to add some extra story for a lot of his characters sadly.... Shino is the one that got the worst end of that stick.... Making a movie that will focus on her and Naruto just means that Kishi wanted to wrap up some goals that he intended for in the first place

360pages

To be fair, Ino gave up on Sasuke after her and Sakura's fight. Mostly because she thought her friendship with Sakura was more important than a boy. (She still cried about him later for some reason) Which probably spoke more about Ino's character than Sasuke's

Man,some people just handle the truth. It's over and it's been 3 weeks damn near. The truth is Hinata > Sakura in the endgame,I damn well rather have a movie with the focus on Hinata than have a boring ass Sakura movie. Hell I'd take Shino,Tenten,Rock Lee,etc as the lead over Sakura. We all know what Sakura's about and it's not interesting to watch someone be useless half the movie.

Turok_TTZ

do you mean

the losing memory thing

and all those other hints.... wasn't the whole spread fake

Edit: Nevermind you said a sketch

OFF I GO TO NF
yeah, i like what it implied if u know what i mean. *wink* *wink*

Man,some people just handle the truth. It's over and it's been 3 weeks damn near. The truth is Hinata > Sakura in the endgame,I damn well rather have a movie with the focus on Hinata than have a boring ass Sakura movie. Hell I'd take Shino,Tenten,Rock Lee,etc as the lead over Sakura. We all know what Sakura's about and it's not interesting to watch someone be useless half the movie.
lmao damn you're ruthless.

Looks like someone else is a Hobo other then Sasuke
that is likely some abandoned house or something

reading the spoilers though so I'll be back

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Okay so someone posted that fake spoiler list again... so that isn't anything but that sketchboard pic is new

likely
this is the scene were Hinata finds out her Sister was taken

we had a boring ass Sakura movie which was RTN

"Oh boo hoo I am Sakura and I hate my parent booo Hooooo"... Even though they only cared for her

The Naruto Family bits were nice but the Sakura alone times where disgustingly boring without Naruto and Sasuke the girls life is plain as vanilla

360pages

To be fair, we got a Sakura movie. It was called Road to Ninja, and half of it was Sakura telling Naruto how annoying her parents were, to which Naruto told her to shut up and be happy her parents were there. (She then says that if Sasuke was there he would understand)

The next half was her saying how awesome her parents being dead before she realize that having dead parents actually sucked.

I know the Movie was non-canon, but you can understand why people dislike her character.

With all that said I still think the Will of Fire is the best part 2 movie of the bunch.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone is looking for spoilers you just need to read the OST track listing, combined with the trailers and synopsis it isn't hard to figure out the plot.

To be fair, we got a Sakura movie. It was called Road to Ninja, and half of it was Sakura telling Naruto how annoying her parents were, to which Naruto told her to shut up and be happy her parents were there. (She then says that if Sasuke was there he would understand)

The next half was her saying how awesome her parents being dead before she realize that having dead parents actually sucked.

I know the Movie was non-canon, but you can understand why people dislike her character.

With all that said I still think the Will of Fire is the best part 2 movie of the bunch.
Some good points and yes RTN was boring as hell with Sakura in it. But the time of compromise is over,Kishi has already written it in stone. The grieving period should be over as well,we got a better support character chosen to be Naruto's wife. Tell me would you rather have a crybaby who sits on the sideline half the time contemplating her usefulness in fights throughout the series or a side heroine with little screen time but still put it down with no regrets or fear when it was time to ride for Naruto?

Hinata
love2_by_n_i_g_h_t_m_a_r_3-d86riqs.gif

Sakura
ego3a.jpg

Hold that L Sakura

Village

I honestly wished everyone told Sasuke to shut up when he came back wanting to be Hokage.

Everyone: How about you shu

Sasuke: Do you remember that time when I'm mentally unstable and can kill all of you with ease and have so much plot armor the author would soon kill all of you than meaningfully address the mental issues I have

Everyone:.....

Most of us went Ham on Sakura and NaruSaku within the last few pages

I guess we couldn't handle this delusional dribble any longer

remember FrogFu even though NaruSaku is silly your still our friend bub <3

Me whenever frog makes an argument and pretends hes not just butthurt over his pairing not being canon
picgifs-laughing-35443.gif

googleplex I can actually believe his arguments against the story arent pairing salt.

you know what is funny

People wondered how Naruto knew that Sakura was lying to him about "loving" him

okay there is the obvious fact that everyone and his/her mother knows that Sakura loves Sasuke... but before Sakura confessed to Naruto someone else truly confessed to him

Hinata did.... So this guy saw a true confession first hand and then sees Sakura pull this and thinks " Oh she confe.... wait a minute it wasn't anything like Hinata's one WTF is this bullshit"

Turok_TTZ

you know what is funny

People wondered how Naruto knew that Sakura was lying to him about "loving" him

okay there is the obvious fact that everyone and his/her mother knows that Sakura loves Sasuke... but before Sakura confessed to Naruto someone else truly confessed to him

Hinata did.... So this guy saw a true confession first hand and then sees Sakura pull this and thinks " Oh she confe.... wait a minute it wasn't anything like Hinata's one WTF is this bullshit"

I thought that too when that chapter came out. Naruto is an idiot but he isn't stupid enough to not see through a lie.

I think its more like Naruto and everyone else knows Sakura loves Sasuke so coming out of nowhere and confessing....its seems obvious thats its bullshit.

Naruto sure dodged a bullet with that one.

he completely did... Crushes are just crushes and once he gave up on his "love" feelings for her he had a clear goal on a lot of things

You can even see he stopped having that pity look face every time Sakura started bawling for Sasuke after that fake confession

He was overly glad it was over

360pages

Everyone: How about you shu

Sasuke: Do you remember that time when I'm mentally unstable and can kill all of you with ease and have so much plot armor the author would soon kill all of you than meaningfully address the mental issues I have

Everyone:.....

That really doesn't change the fact that someone really should have shut him down. The fact that Kiba was the only one to point out how silly it was, kind if irritated me.

Plus the fact that this guy is now free from Sakura punching him in the face

Thank GOD

the guy is Hokage now he has a family, a wife, Kage Allies, friends, the Hyuga clan all on his side that will be pissed if some crazy chick just punches him for no reason

I-hate-u

Plus the fact that this guy is now free from Sakura punching him in the face

Thank GOD

the guy is Hokage now he has a family, a wife, Kage Allies, friends, the Hyuga clan all on his side that will be pissed if some crazy chick just punches him for no reason

I wanna see a scene where Sakura punches Naruto while his wife is around. I wonder the reaction we would get out of her.

Will M************** translate?

A databook?

I doubt it... but likely forums will and other scanning sites (after some time)
I wanna see a scene where Sakura punches Naruto while his wife is around. I wonder the reaction we would get out of her.

lol even if Hinata is somewhat timid still Hanabi would likely be like "WTF are you doing to my Sis's man?"

Lets see her regenerate if her chakra is sealed

A databook?

lol even if Hinata is somewhat timid still Hanabi would likely be like "WTF are you doing to my Sis's man?"

the guidebook features Naruto Uzumaki, Hinata Hyuga, and Toneri Otsutsuki on the cover and will contain a manga drawn exclusively for the movie by series creator Masashi Kishimoto.

Referring to this though. Wondering if the manga would be like that Road to Ninja one shot.

That really doesn't change the fact that someone really should have shut him down. The fact that Kiba was the only one to point out how silly it was, kind if irritated me.

Eh they did with their comical reactions......however Sasuke's hokage had a different meaning which they of course did not know.

Turok_TTZ

A databook?

Lets see her regenerate if her chakra is sealed

Hyuuga ain't the strongest in the leaf for nothing!
I always imagined just about any hyuuga worth their salt should take sakura easily. Sakura not big in either Ninjutsu or Genjutsu. she is a brawler.

Hyuuga ain't the strongest in the leaf for nothing!
I always imagined just about any hyuuga worth their salt should take sakura easily. Sakura not big in either Ninjutsu or Genjutsu. she is a brawler.

Her Slug isn't even a long range type

I think it has some poison mist or something but that is it... it's main purpose is to heal

Plus even if she had some Genjutsu the Byakugan makes Gengutu's worthless

Turok_TTZ

Her Slug isn't even a long range type

I think it has some poison mist or something but that is it... it's main purpose is to heal

Plus even if she had some Genjutsu the Byakugan makes Gengutu's worthless

Katsuyu can spit acid iirc. A decent hakkesho kaiten should be able to handle that.

Turok_TTZ

oh acid was it

that is Sakura's trump card then.... unless she will toss around boulders at you

Did I mention Hakkesho Kaiten is such bs? or not even that, I imagine that a very good Vacuum palm technique would render the boulders a non issue. Though I'm not sure how proficient hinata is with that.

If the kaiten fails, Sakura's only bet is distance and boulders.

Did I mention Hakkesho Kaiten is such bs?

the funny thing is Kakashi said something about Sakura knowing good chakra flow/control in the Zabuza arc hence why she is good at being a medical Ninja but Hinata specializes in it seeing as she is even able to form beasts out of chakra (those lion heads)

the hyuga can morph chakra into any form they want

Sakura is a healer... good for support but not really good when going solo

If she was in a squad she would be a vital aspect so there is that but a single fighter she is not same with Tsunade

Turok_TTZ

the funny thing is Kakashi said something about Sakura knowing good chakra flow/control in the Zabuza arc hence why she is good at being a medical Ninja but Hinata specializes in it seeing as she is even able to form beasts out of chakra (those lines heads)

the hyuga can morph chakra into any form they want

Sakura is a healer... good for support but not really good when going solo

If she was in a squad she would be a vital aspect so there is that but a single fighter she is not same with Tsunade
Yup. Dat hyuuga superiority. I'm actually surprised Hinata or any of the hyuuga's mostly have not added medical ninjutsu to their repertoire. because their clan is fucking perfect for it.

oh look. yet another wasted opportunity for kishi.

lost potential brah ;)))))
he had a lot of stuff he missed

Also Hinata's Loin fist description

A high-level secret Gentle Fist technique taught only to the main branch of the Hy&#363;ga clan. The user changes the shape of chakra released from both hands into large lion-shaped shrouds. Doing so greatly increases range and destructive power. The lion heads drain the chakra network of those they touch. It is an extremely difficult ability to learn, as the slightest mistake in chakra control will lead to failure, meaning it is a feat requiring the Byakugan.

I never knew it drained all of the users chakra :/

Yado

The Hyuuga were great for seeing things from far away and that was about it. Yeah the potential for greatness was there with the eyes but they none of them had the technique or skill to excel.

the early screening is on Monday apparently

get ready for SPOILERS

even though we are going to wait 6+ months to finally see it :/

The Hyuuga were great for seeing things from far away and that was about it. Yeah the potential for greatness was there with the eyes but they none of them had the technique or skill to excel.

they have a large multitude of techniques.... it is just that we were spammed with 64 palms for how long

Man, you NaruSaku fans truly know how to prove that you guys are the worst in fandom.

SMH

that was a while ago from some heavy duty NaruSaku extreme fans

thankfully we don't have some here on GAF

I think two other petitions where made afterwards by them which kinda shows how quickly they can adapt their delusions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom