• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Honestly, I think it's still more about bad writing than sexism.

Tsunade became Hokage, and no she is not the worst. (I still think the third is the worst.)

TenTen didn't become a housewife at the end either (She opened up a shop,)

I doubt Kishi is rubbing his hands together while laughing trying to show how weak the females are. Hell, Tsunade remained single for the entirety of the series.

Welfare

Tsunade became Hokage, and no she is not the worst. (I still think the third is the worst.)

I doubt Kishi is rubbing his hands together while laughing trying to show how weak the females are. Hell, Tsunade remained single for the entirety of the series.

In what way is she better than Hiruzen?

360pages

In what way is she better than Hiruzen?

Regeneration, being able to heal the entire village at a time, being able to tank five swords.

The Third, best jutsu is deadly to him, though the ranking in power is all funky anyway due to how certain abilities aren't shown in anyway.

Turok_TTZ

Actually, about Kushina wanting Naruto to find someone like her, I think this is what she meant...

I always interpreted it as such. Kushina was unconditional for Minato. She wanted the same for Naruto imo. For us NaruHina fans, this tumblr post is a very good read.
I didn't quote it because it is very long post so brace yourselfs for those clicking that link.

Regeneration, being able to heal the entire village at a time, being able to tank five swords.

The Third, best jutsu is deadly to him, though the ranking in power is all funky anyway due to how certain abilities aren't shown in anyway.
Wouldnt hiruzen have decimated Orochimaru if he hadnt summoned the first and second? Tsunade didnt do much against orochimaru when they fought.
In his prime he was the god of shinobi, plus we saw him fight and lose when he was waaaaaaay past his prime.

Based on what Hiruzen showed I don't see how he could have beaten Oro either, Oro hardly even did anything in that fight, he just wanted to fuck around with Hiruzen by pitting the former hokages against him.

Kishi really did the old man a disservice by being stuck in part 1 power levels, had a chance to buff him in the war and he still didn't show anything new besides being able to use all 5 elements.

Welfare

Actually, about Kushina wanting Naruto to find someone like her, I think this is what she meant...

I always interpreted it as such. Kushina was unconditional for Minato. She wanted the same for Naruto imo. For us NaruHina fans, this tumblr post is a very good read.
I didn't quote it because it is very long post so brace yourselfs for those clicking that link.

Yeah, that was pretty good. I doubt Kushina would mean to find someone like her personality wise, because she doesn't know what Naruto likes. Finding a girl like her, who loves her SO, makes more sense than having another parallel.

Or you know, Kishi just trolling NS fans.

Turok_TTZ

Yeah, that was pretty good. I doubt Kushina would mean to find someone like her personality wise, because she doesn't know what Naruto likes. Finding a girl like her, who loves her SO, makes more sense than having another parallel.

Or you know, Kishi just trolling NS fans.
best part that it is more likely both knowing Kishi. Dude don't waste a chance to drag NaruSaku through the mud.

Frog-fu

Banned
Code:
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/1edc192f0e6cc005df8567b040eadcb5/tumblr_nfeubr16Q31rqk5yyo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://31.media.tumblr.com/7120562dea52b8511afbb3cf50869755/tumblr_nfeubr16Q31rqk5yyo2_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/bcdf0a1616f0127946436b683d9cbc1e/tumblr_nfeubr16Q31rqk5yyo3_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://31.media.tumblr.com/0bacd36ab497439906ec26a8f5b01a58/tumblr_nfeubr16Q31rqk5yyo4_400.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/1aff2da8c32b3930b05f400c9f478d69/tumblr_nfeubr16Q31rqk5yyo5_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/056c8a4f935a6829f3c2833b9c2a9cd0/tumblr_nfeubr16Q31rqk5yyo6_400.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/8a430d32601a077e639220614e4cc0b8/tumblr_nfeubr16Q31rqk5yyo7_400.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://31.media.tumblr.com/536ea6b192a39414474da0b94f14303f/tumblr_nfeubr16Q31rqk5yyo8_400.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/355b8fb5ff57797f60510b4435149ac7/tumblr_nfeubr16Q31rqk5yyo9_1280.jpg[/IMG]

Turok_TTZ

Wouldnt hiruzen have decimated Orochimaru if he hadnt summoned the first and second? Tsunade didnt do much against orochimaru when they fought.
In his prime he was the god of shinobi, plus we saw him fight and lose when he was waaaaaaay past his prime.

I always thought the 3rd hokage vs orochimaru was undercooked for the very reason of Edo Tensei. Don't know about y'all but I was quite underwhelmed by that fight.

Welfare

Frog-fu just stop.

That argument about Naruto not giving up is completely asinine as without Hinata, he would've given into Obito.

And lol, Sakura's character "development". She's wanted the same can of Sauce since Chapter 3.

Heroman

Banned
The 3rd fight against orc should have been like netero vs king. In the which 3rd went all out and used every he had and than some.

KanameYuuki

That "It's not me" crap is pretty annoying, if anyone didn't see NaruxHina coming they were just blind and delusional. And don't get me wrong, I respect any ship all of you were followers of but dear lord, just let it go.

Kishi finally came out and said it was planned canonically for a long time. If people can't accept it now, they never will, they'll just insert their own canon and interpretation in spite of it.

He may have done a bad job of writing it, but at this point you eventually just accept that previous conjecture incidents were accidental and/or trolling/teasing, not actual 'evidence'.

Yado

uh, anyway just came across this girl's tumblr and I thought these were pretty good. I don't like the way her Naruto looks.

tumblr_neycc8BXzF1qjtxoeo2_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nf07907x0Q1qjtxoeo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_neup1kGokX1qjtxoeo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nf24z3Tw851qjtxoeo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nf7lw2Q9Rc1qjtxoeo1_1280.jpg

Turok_TTZ

Kishi finally came out and said it was planned canonically for a long time. If people can't accept it now, they never will, they'll just insert their own canon and interpretation in spite of it.

He may have done a bad job of writing it, but at this point you eventually just accept that previous conjecture incidents were accidental and/or trolling/teasing, not actual 'evidence'.

Yup

2 more weeks guys,it's going down(in reality 2 weeks and 4 months til subbed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
sksH7aR.jpg

!!SPOILERS!!! My ending prediction for ''The Last'' before the credits roll lol!
jWyE4hA.png

Code:
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/1aff2da8c32b3930b05f400c9f478d69/tumblr_nfeubr16Q31rqk5yyo5_1280.jpg[/IMG]

What's the problem with this one?

It's not as if they ripped Sakura's diamond off her forehead, and stuck it on Hinata's forehead with duct tape. Hinata isn't usurping anything. If Sakura truly has development worth losing, then it shouldn't be so dependent on being paired with Naruto. At least if people draw these kinds of things, and they won't be honest with themselves about the manga's end, they should be honest about what they want. This isn't about Sakura's status as a heroine. It's about her status as a love interest.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The scarf looks like it will hold significant emotional meaning.

Guys let me ask you something
do you guys see the words "sakura" or "date this girl I like" or anything involving love at all in this page? Cause I sure dont. You know for someone who loves sakura so much he seems to be more interested in ramen then her.
11514%20-%20animated_gif%20charlton_heston%20laughing%20planet_of_the_apes%20reaction_image.gif

do you guys see the words "sakura" or "date this girl I like" or anything involving love at all in this page? Cause I sure dont. You know for someone who loves sakura so much he seems to be more interested in ramen then her.
11514%20-%20animated_gif%20charlton_heston%20laughing%20planet_of_the_apes%20reaction_image.gif

He was a little kid at that time, he also asked Sakura out a couple of times. Still he probably knew she was a lost cause when she confused to Sasuke.

what is this I don't even...

...oh right, sasuke is missing an arm :lol:

lololol

Of course not. Naruto's dream was to become Hokage. His affection for Sakura was straight out said to be a pale love.

Naruto realised that Sakura's love for Sasuke was never going to waver.

Now let me ask YOU something. Who in that page was not allowed to progress much or grow as a character by the author? Who in that page suddenly regressed ALL the way back to that moment 3 pages from the end if the story?

The vast majority of the criticism Kishimoto is receiving about SasuSaku is NOT that fact that NaruHina happened is that SasuSaku even exist at all at that point in the story and Kishimoto completely fucked over any character development Sakura has had. It also puts a big fat exclamation point on the weird and straight uo sexist (You god damned Right I'm saying it) depiction of female characters in this story.

Unfortunately SasuSaku fans are too busy doing victory laps to understand the issues and dismissing any criticism and out right disgust at Sakura fucking and Having Sasuke's kid as "Butt Hurt".

Once again. There nothing wrong with Naruto falling for and marring Hinata. I'd say that many if not most Naruto Sakura fans are also Naruto Hinata fans. But SasuSaku is beyond fucked up given what ACTUALLY happened in the story.

It's not 'Bad writing' that made Karin suddenly forgive and flood her panties for Sasuke after he fucking stabbed her and then asked someone else to kill her to prove something to him. But hey. All is forgiven because..., Sasuke.

It wasn't 'bad writing' that gives us a female Hokage, but only after a man turned down the job, and also has her at the weakest of the Sannin. Of course this strong female character is also a drunkard, compulsive gambler and lazy.

It wasn't 'bad writing' that gave us another Female Kage, supposedly one of the strongest Kages but have her job to a tired Sasuke while whining about not being able to find and good man.

Hinata was a stuttering meek weak willed mess that could only get her strength from Naruto.

Kurinai two big accomplishments were getting owned by Itachi and getting knocked up.

Tenten? What the fuck is a Tenten?

Kishimoto is a bad writer. But in my opinion he also has some backwards ass and sexist views on women. That of course this is just my opinion based purely on the depiction of women his manga.

damisa

He might not write women well, but the ONLY people still complaining about SasuSaku are crazy NaruSaku fans. No one else cares. Sakura is a niche character, not important enough to rant over weeks later. Kishi didn't even want her in the manga originally

CarJeter

Neo Member

Um, when Tsunade got over her phobia, she casually one shotted Manda with Gamabuntas sword. Also, she took 3 hits of his sword through her body like it was nothing and when she got serious, one punch was enough for Orochimaru to retreat.Though all of the Sannin were heavily restricted in that battle (no arms, no chakra control, alcohol abuse + rustiness over 20 years).

He might not write women well, but the ONLY people still complaining about SasuSaku are crazy NaruSaku fans. No one else cares. Sakura is a niche character, not important enough to rant over weeks later. Kishi didn't even want her in the manga originally

Should we be surprised......no.

I knew someone would post that pic sooner or later.

Should of known I would be the one :p

Now let me ask YOU something. Who in that page was not allowed to progress much or grow as a character by the author? Who in that page suddenly regressed ALL the way back to that moment 3 pages from the end if the story?

The vast majority of the criticism Kishimoto is receiving about SasuSaku is NOT that fact that NaruHina happened is that SasuSaku even exist at all at that point in the story and Kishimoto completely fucked over any character development Sakura has had. It also puts a big fat exclamation point on the weird and straight uo sexist (You god damned Right I'm saying it) depiction of female characters in this story.

Unfortunately SasuSaku fans are too busy doing victory laps to understand the issues and dismissing any criticism and out right disgust at Sakura fucking and Having Sasuke's kid as "Butt Hurt".

Once again. There nothing wrong with Naruto falling for and marring Hinata. I'd say that many if not most Naruto Sakura fans are also Naruto Hinata fans. But SasuSaku is beyond fucked up given what ACTUALLY happened in the story.

Sakura did not progress as a character.....someone hasn't been reading the manga. She went from treating Naruto poorly to treating him very dearly, she went form a weak member of team 7 to a Sannin disciple and best medical ninja in Konoha on par Tsunade, she went from having a childish crush on Sasuke to falling in love with him....please stop with this "Sakura's development was killed just because my pairing was invalidated" bullshit.

Are you seriously trying to say that its wrong for a girl to blush or show affection to the person she has loved and wanted to save for the entirety of this manga......I guess Naruto should not be allowed to smile when Sasuke returned. You know nothing about Sakura as a character if you think she would not have blushed at Sasuke's return convo.....like what manga have you been reading all this time?

Hokage ranking talk:

1st and 2nd are obviously in a different league and although it is said the third was the strongest I don't believe it. Tsunade was a worthy hokage and I would rank her above Kakashi.

360pages

It's not 'Bad writing' that made Karin suddenly forgive and flood her panties for Sasuke after he fucking stabbed her and then asked someone else to kill her to prove something to him. But hey. All is forgiven because..., Sasuke.

It wasn't 'bad writing' that gives us a female Hokage, but only after a man turned down the job, and also has her at the weakest of the Sannin. Of course this strong female character is also a drunkard, compulsive gambler and lazy.

It wasn't 'bad writing' that gave us another Female Kage, supposedly one of the strongest Kages but have her job to a tired Sasuke while whining about not being able to find and good man.

Hinata was a stuttering meek weak willed mess that could only get her strength from Naruto.

Kurinai two big accomplishments were getting owned by Itachi and getting knocked up.

Tenten? What the fuck is a Tenten?

Kishimoto is a bad writer. But in my opinion he also has some backwards ass and sexist views on women. That of course this is just my opinion based purely on the depiction of women his manga.

Really? Tsuande may be the weakest of the three, but being a drunkard gambler is probably be better than a perv that peeks through women bathing houses and Oro...who does whatever he does to people.

They asked Jiraya because there was no one else there and he even said himself he would be worse at the job than her.

Also, Oro also instantly forgave Sasuke after he cut him up in three pieces and Naruto also called Obito the coolest guy after he killed his parents and Neji. And as much as we make fun of TenTen, she had more of a presence in Part 2 than Shino

The Second Hokage was a borderline racist that got mad when the first wanted to give Madara the second Hokage seat. (Which honestly, probably was a good idea) instead he got caught up in something super petty which started the entire mess, he also researched and messed with someone's body after the fact.

A lot of the sexist writing and moments can also be put on a lot of male characters.

Hell, Konan came closest to killing Obito at the point where everyone thought he couldn't even be touched.

360pages

The 3rd fight against orc should have been like netero vs king. In the which 3rd went all out and used every he had and than some.

Yeah, but I think that was supposed to be a high ranked Ninja fight, but as powers got more inflated the battle seemed less and less impressive, thus lowering the thirds power over all.

The War arc was the best chance to show what he could do, but they missed it by showing how super coll awesome the First Second and forth were...despite us knowing how super duper awesome they were.

Really? Tsuande may be the weakest of the three, but being a drunkard gambler is probably be better than a perv that peeks through women bathing houses and Oro...who does whatever he does to people.

They asked Jiraya because there was no one else there and he even said himself he would be worse at the job than her.

Also, Oro also instantly forgave Sasuke after he cut him up in three pieces and Naruto also called Obito the coolest guy after he killed his parents and Neji. And as much as we make fun of TenTen, she had more of a presence in Part 2 than Shino

The Second Hokage was a borderline racist that got mad when the first wanted to give Madara the second Hokage seat. (Which honestly, probably was a good idea) instead he got caught up in something super petty which started the entire mess, he also researched and messed with someone's body after the fact.

A lot of the sexist writing and moments can also be put on a lot of male characters.

Hell, Konan came closest to killing Obito at the point where everyone thought he couldn't even be touched.

god damn those truth bombs.

People are always asking for Tenten......yeah Kishi kind of forgot her but no one thinks about Shino. Not only did Kishi forget him but its seems like the fan base did as well :/

Frog-fu

Banned
What's the problem with this one?

It's not as if they ripped Sakura's diamond off her forehead, and stuck it on Hinata's forehead with duct tape. Hinata isn't usurping anything. If Sakura truly has development worth losing, then it shouldn't be so dependent on being paired with Naruto. At least if people draw these kinds of things, and they won't be honest with themselves about the manga's end, they should be honest about what they want. This isn't about Sakura's status as a heroine. It's about her status as a love interest.

The problem is that this movie isn't even about Naruto. It's not even about any of the main characters. It's about Hinata, an insignificant side character that happened to be popular, and who is being propped up to pander to fans, and to facilitate that the original source material has been discarded where convenient. I can't respect that.

I-hate-u

The problem is that this movie isn't even about Naruto. It's not even about any of the main characters. It's about Hinata, an insignificant side character that happened to be popular, and who is being propped up to pander to fans, and to facilitate that the original source material has been discarded where convenient. I can't respect that.

She is the main's character's wife. I think she can away with a movie or two revolving around her.

Fj0823

TL;DR: The movie is about I ship I don't like 1/10

Bro sorry to say but that insignificant side character (who was originally in his work and not added by editors) has more of a bigger backstory and better character development then Sakura could get in her lifetime

just accept it Sakura isn't so great as you make her to be

Frog-fu

Banned
She is the main's character's wife. I think she can away with a movie or two revolving around her.

And she's the MC's wife because of the movie. Kishimoto didn't care to develop a meaningful relationship in the manga because she wasn't important enough to pay attention to, but because she was popular anyway, the final sendoff we're getting is a movie in which Hinata is put front and centre for Naruto fall in love with.

TL;DR: The movie is about I ship I don't like 1/10

That's only part of the problem. The bigger problem is that that is all the movie is about from the looks of it.

Bro sorry to say but that insignificant side character (who was originally in his work and not added by editors) has more of a bigger backstory and better character development then Sakura could get in her lifetime

just accept it Sakura isn't so great as you make her to be

Hinata is insignificant in the manga. Her background being more interesting hardly matters considering nothing of value was done with it, and as for her development, whilst Sakura had hers swept away in the end, Hinata's had less. She never grew on her own; Naruto was always a crutch.

Kishi said in his interview that he had a ton of extra stuff on the origin of Kaguya

Sasuke redemption quest was not only for his sins but to also find some meaning on Kaguya too

the movie is trying to close those short ends as well while making Naruto find his first true love (that was intended since before the creation of this series)

something he never had for Sakura

Hinata is definitely not an unimportant side character.....she stopped being that since this happened:

tumblr_mcm6hvkY6s1riau57o2_500.gif

Also Sakura is clearly the heroine of the manga or a better description would be the girl the manga focuses on the most.

I don't know if you guys have noticed but the manga is very focused on Team 7.

360pages

And she's the MC's wife because of the movie. Kishimoto didn't care to develop a meaningful relationship in the manga because she wasn't important enough to pay attention to, but because she was popular anyway, the final sendoff we're getting is a movie in which Hinata is put front and centre for Naruto fall in love with.

That's only part of the problem. The bigger problem is that that is all the movie is about from the looks of it.

Hinata is insignificant in the manga. Her background being more interesting hardly matters considering nothing of value was done with it, and as for her development, whilst Sakura had hers swept away in the end, Hinata's had less. She never grew on her own; Naruto was always a crutch.

But isn't this the chance for the movie to give her that development. Honestly, I'm kind of Jelly of the anime fans sometime because they actually have other characters get screen time outside of Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura, thus this probably seems a lot less jarring to them.

But if the movie can give development to Hinata, then why not?

Hinata is insignificant in the manga. Her background being more interesting hardly matters considering nothing of value was done with it, and as for her development,
I agree that she didn't have that much screen time but we all know she was trying her hardest to prove herself

and anytime she does have a serious moment her background story helps make it more interesting like when she fought against Neji.. compared to Sakura's stupid rivalry with Ino (which to me was the worst thing in the Chunin Exams)
whilst Sakura had hers swept away in the end
Sakura screaming "Sasuke-kuuun" (something you haters always use against Hinata even though she says kun to every guy) every time she sees him and breaks down to being a groupie isn't something she grew out of... heck it morphed into something bigger

if you see all the times she is by herself... fine she tries and does something (usually fails)
but when Sasuke comes she goes gaga for him

SHE HAS ALWAYS LOVED SASUKE this didn't digress at all in the war Arc and there are a ton of scenes to prove it

Hinata's had less. She never grew on her own; Naruto was always a crutch.
I see never knew Naruto was with her when she trained every day to get recognized by her clan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom