• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

If you guys were inside the Naruto universe would you join an organization like Akatsuki? lol if it meant that they took you in from a young age and all the members trained you or would you like to be in a "team 7" for example?

I'd join right now. Akatsuki can go anywhere they want undetected. Obito ran a village by himself so imagine how much of a bad ass I'd be with Itachi training me. They let Obito in as a disguised idiot. You get to travel the world, live the good life. Remember Akatsuki has bases everywhere. I could conceivably live the rich life without having to kill too much. Akatsuki spent five years chilling.

I have Hidan over Orochimaru in the Akatsuki (not be confused with overall) rankings due to the fact that he's an immortal psycho that's still alive.

I wish Minato was still a Gary Stu ;_;

ZLhHu6B.gif

This post had me dying. Honestly, Naruto and Korra have the best communities on here imo. I can see ya'll making list wars and laughing and getting hyped up while drinking at a bar.
Itachi is no laughing matter brah. But yeah thank gads this thread was made. Not sure why it took so long.

Ino secretly the best girl, she is one of the MVP's of this war. Easily, she took down Kinkaku, saved the alliance twice from the yuubi (just took control of a God for a second), two control of two zetsus at the same time! I think she was even handling her own against Zombie Azuma in taijutsu.
Ino is definitely > sakura except when she's not. But when she is, she definitely is. Feeeeeel me?

Also I would probably join the Akutsuki but I probably wouldn't be loyal to them. Similar to Sasuke. I'd use them to gain power or anything else I need, and then I'd just ditch em. I figure they wouldn't catch feelings about it because they're all criminals.

edit: ALSO I think Hashirama is better than just about everyone but not even he could beat Itachi if he tried.

MikeMyers

Ino secretly the best girl, she is one of the MVP's of this war. Easily, she took down Kinkaku, saved the alliance twice from the yuubi (just took control of a God for a second), two control of two zetsus at the same time! I think she was even handling her own against Zombie Azuma in taijutsu.

Also first girl to win a fight. Defeated Ami the bully in a Chuin Exams flashback.

Hey...it was longer than Temari Vs TenTen!

You mean the one you said you Kamui'd a few pages back?!

SRS question though guys. Lets get REALLY serious. Who would win in a legit fight, no restrictions. Deidara at his prime vs pre-dual sharingan Kakashi. I know Kakashi is too cool to lose at anything but lets pretend he wasn't.

Kakashi wins 6 times out of 10. He is smarter than Sasuke and Raiton is a hell of an advantage to Deidara, Zabuza Sword is better than Sasuke's sword and Kamui is broken as shit.

In my opinion of course.

Kakashi wins 6 times out of 10. He is smarter than Sasuke and Raiton is a hell of an advantage to Deidara, Zabuza Sword is better than Sasuke's sword and Kamui is broken as shit.

In my opinion of course.
I feel like Kamui can only get him so far (assuming he doesn't just send Deidara to another dimension. OK that's the restriction lol) in the fight though and that's assuming his energy doesn't get drained from constantly using it. Kakashi is also mostly a close quarter fighter. A lot of his jutsus wont help. It's a tough call. I think Deidara can stay in the air for the majority of the fight and outlast him to win but it's hard to say. Kakashi is smart as fuck so you can never count that out.

I feel like Kamui can only get him so far (assuming he doesn't just send Deidara to another dimension. OK that's the restriction lol) in the fight though and that's assuming his energy doesn't get drained from constantly using it. Kakashi is also mostly a close quarter fighter. A lot of his jutsus wont help. It's a tough call. I think Deidara can stay in the air for the majority of the fight and outlast him to win but it's hard to say. Kakashi is smart as fuck so you can never count that out.

The Kakashi that fought against Deidara is not the same Kakashi, that Kamui a moving high speed rocket, like a 100 feet away, or Kamui away an entire Tail beast.

Kamui is that broken.

Pein

Banned
You mean the one you said you Kamui'd a few pages back?!

SRS question though guys. Lets get REALLY serious. Who would win in a legit fight, no restrictions. Deidara at his prime vs pre-dual sharingan Kakashi. I know Kakashi is too cool to lose at anything but lets pretend he wasn't.

Kakashi wins, fight plays out the same way as it did against Sasuke but the important thing is which kakashi this is, war or pain level? Pain level would require more raiton tech and be a mid difficult battle. War Kakashi with his mastered Kamui just warps Deidara away.

Kakashi is probably the only other person that can effectively counter Deidara's justu, and Kamui. So yeah, him.

Ei, is such a huge counter Deidara. His durability and speed is to much for Deidara. Plus the Raiton armor negates the C4 and even if Deidara decided to use C0 Ei could outrun it.

Lets say the Kakashi that fought Deidara originally. Who would win that. Much more of a toss up. Once again keep in mind Deidara can get some long ass air time on his flying thang. It's hard to imagine how Kakashi can win it but I'm sure there's a way.

Pein

Banned
Lets say the Kakashi that fought Deidara originally. Who would win that. Much more of a toss up. Once again keep in mind Deidara can get some long ass air time on his flying thang. It's hard to imagine how Kakashi can win it but I'm sure there's a way.

Where would they fight, do we assume Kakashi has raiton running beast and access to water?

Where would they fight, do we assume Kakashi has raiton running beast and access to water?
I thought it was confirmed that kakashi doesn't even need water to be nearby to use water jutsus right? I can't recall. Maybe that was somebody else. And yes Kakashi can do that. Would be pretty tricky to pull off though on Deidara.

Lets say it's an open field but I guess it doesn't matter considering Deidara can just blow up parts of the battlefield and manipulate it.

I think its similar to Pain vs Jiraiya, Naruto knew the weakness so he overcame him (well mostly).

In the Ninja war (issue 518), they point out his bombs are useless against lightning, so kakashi would win easily knowing this, esp. since the ninja war kakashi suddenly has uber chakra.

Screw you guys, I have work early tomorrow. I can't be discussing Naruto until the suns comes out
. I want to discuss Naruto until the sun comes out =(

Pein

Banned
I thought it was confirmed that kakashi doesn't even need water to be nearby to use water jutsus right? I can't recall. Maybe that was somebody else. And yes Kakashi can do that. Would be pretty tricky to pull off though on Deidara.

Lets say it's an open field but I guess it doesn't matter considering Deidara can just blow up parts of the battlefield and manipulate it.

If kakashi has a lake or big water source large scale suitons are more spammable, it would make things easier because Deidara does use flight and Kamui at this point isn't a viable enough long range jutsu to rely on besides ripping off an arm.

Oh well, between raiton bunshin, raition running beast, suiton dragons keep deidara on his toes too. Like I said its like Sasuke vs deidara all over again you match Deidara against someone similar to sasuke but with more techs and you're gonna get the same result.

Raiton and Sharingan destroy clay.

I still think it's not as easy as you're making it sound. Raiton is definitely Deidara's weakness and I'm sure Kakashi would realize that quickly but between staying in the air, filling the battlefield up with land mines to make it hard for kakashi to move around on the ground, and also clay clones and whatever else.

I feel like it will at least be pretty difficult for Kakashi assuming Deidara is completely on his game. Also assuming he doesn't run out of clay lol.

Screw you guys, I have work early tomorrow. I can't be discussing Naruto until the suns comes out
one of us one of us

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This conversation has made me realize why Hiruzen probably inherited the title of God of Shinobi. If he was able to master all five elements, he effectively bypassed the most glaring flaw a ninja has, which is weakness to their opposing elements. Deidara was a top tier ninja, at or possibly beyond Kage level, but when you introduce lightning to the mix he's at a distinct disadvantage. Hiruzen was not only able to bypass having his own elemental weakness, but also exploit everyone else's.

This conversation has made me realize why Hiruzen probably inherited the title of God of Shinobi. If he was able to master all five elements, he effectively bypassed the most glaring flaw a ninja has, which is weakness to their opposing elements. Deidara was a top tier ninja, at or possibly beyond Kage level, but when you introduce lightning to the mix he's at a distinct disadvantage. Hiruzen was not only able to bypass having his own elemental weakness, but also exploit everyone else's.
Itachi punks Hiruzen any day of the week.

Pein

Banned
I still think it's not as easy as you're making it sound. Raiton is definitely Deidara's weakness and I'm sure Kakashi would realize that quickly but between staying in the air, filling the battlefield up with land mines to make it hard for kakashi to move around on the ground, and also clay clones and whatever else.

I feel like it will at least be pretty difficult for Kakashi assuming Deidara is completely on his game. Also assuming he doesn't run out of clay lol.

one of us one of us
Are we assuming Deidara prepped the battlefield with bombs or he has someone like tobi laying them? Either way Kakashi can see them and disables them or just raises the ground with a doton tech or uses summoning jutsu and has his hounds finds them. Bombs are no problem for Kakashi.
Itachi punks Hiruzen any day of the week.

Hiruzen kept up with Kurama and pushed him out the village, Hiruzen ain't getting punked. He'll lose but he ain't getting punked. Wish we could have seen Hiruzen Prime.

He also had to seal Hashirama and Tobirama, not to mention he was caught in the bringer of darkness genjutsu and was effectively blind.
Hashirama didn't even do half of what he was capable of in that fight though. He was fighting some nerfed Edo's. To be clear, I'm not saying he isn't a beast but I don't think he is the best. He is a great all-round ninja but there's plenty that I think could beat him. Though we never did get to see him in his prime so who knows.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
He was also way past his prime, something that was mentioned several times during the fight. I just rewatched it recently. The Anbu members watching are all worried because he isn't doing things he should be able to do, and Orochimaru calls him out on stuff like not making Shadow Clones when he should have.

He was also way past his prime, something that was mentioned several times during the fight. I just rewatched it recently. The Anbu members watching are all worried because he isn't doing things he should be able to do, and Orochimaru calls him out on stuff like not making Shadow Clones when he should have.
I feel like we were robbed of not getting to see him. They couldn't throw in some filler flashbacks or something. Want to see what he was called the God of Shinobi.

3rd Hokage was like, 70 when he fought Orochimaru. Cat-mask dude and Enma kept pointing it out. Kishimoto feels compelled to provide chapter upon chapter of heavy-handed flashbacks/ backstory for every little person/ event and yet never shows how tough the guy actually was.

3rd Hokage was like, 70 when he fought Orochimaru. Cat-mask dude and Enma kept pointing it out. Kishimoto feels compelled to provide chapter upon chapter of heavy-handed flashbacks/ backstory for every little person/ event and yet never shows how tough the guy actually was.
I feel like the reason he never did it was because he built a reputation for the character that he probably couldn't think of a way of actually backing up. So instead he left it up to our imaginations I guess.

Has anyone ever mentioned if Hiruzen was better than Hashirama? Or the best Hokage in his prime? I really wonder now.

SolVanderlyn

Yeah, I want to see this guy doing awesome shit:

864794-bigthumbnail.jpg

Or even this guy:

tumblr_m8k37zSByn1rput01o3_1280.jpg

But this guy was seriously gimped:

Hiruzen_Sarutobi.png

I guess his Edo Tensei was a good opportunity to show off his real skills, because energy wouldn't be an issue anymore (if I understand the jutsu correctly). I can't seem to recall him doing much since he was brought back, though, which makes me think it's been a wasted opportunity.

Edo Tensei Hiruzen has been fucking disappointing. STILL waiting for his skills to be shown off. Almost as bad as the ultimate nerfing of Yondaime.

Which reminds me - I had gotten the idea that each generation of shinobi was more powerful than the last. But no, it seems like the First was still the strongest. Oh well.

exfatal

Omg where has this thread been all this time.. and here i was forced to read the comments on mangastream for any sort of community -_-

SolVanderlyn

Where do people rank the pervy age?
Should have been Fifth Hokage. Itachi and Kisame, together, bailed out when they saw him. Plus, this:

large.jpg

Pein

Banned
Deidara also said that Sasori was stronger than him, didn't he?

Yeah and in my opinion Sasori is the weakest member next to Hidan.

Puppets got gimped so badly in part 2, If a puppet master like sasori is weak, what does that say about kankurou?

Namikaze1

You know, thinking on the whole Kakashi being Rokudaime Hokage, I wonder if he will take his mask off when they decide to do his stone head. Remember, he and Rin made fun of Obito's dream of having his goggle covered face on the Hokage mountain.
I can imagine Kakashi's bored looking face overlooking the village.

Yeah and in my opinion Sasori is the weakest member next to Hidan.

Puppets got gimped so badly in part 2, If a puppet master like sasori is weak, what does that say about kankurou?

Sasori might be able to take Deidara down.

C4 wouldn't work since puppets don't breathe, Iron Sand is tough enough to protect him from pretty much any explosion besides maybe C0.

The only reason Gaara lost was because he had to protect the village, if had played defensively he could have outlasted Deidara.(well he still could have fallen to C4) Sasori would hide behind his iron sand and then overwhelm with his puppets until he gets a lucky strike and poisons Deidara.

Frog-fu

Banned
Yeeeahhhhh I know, I just mean man.... the dude totally blew past Kakashi after his "death" haha.

Madara-sensei is best sensei.

Adult Obito is voiced by Takagi Wataru, i.e. Tobi's voice actor. No change there.

No change there either: it's still Sugō Takayuki.

Wataru Takagi is Obito's new voice actor. The previous one was Naoya Uchida, who did his Madara voice and is now the VA for the real Madara.

As a child, for the anime adaptation of Kakashi Gaiden, Sōsuke Uchida was Obito's kid voice. Now it's Megumi Han from episode 343 onwards.

Here is a scene with both current voices of Obito and Madara.

You're right about Hashirama though.

Where do people rank the pervy age?

Above Itachi.

When Team 7 got reunited. She revealed that she was gathering chakra for two years to make the technique Tsunade did.

Sometime during the two year skip, Tsunade teaches Sakura that technique of hers. Sakura spends that time till the war sealing a bit of chakra in that diamond seal every hour/day/week/month/you get the gist.

Wait there is another two year break?

Admittedly I just come here for a summary of the chapter and I don't really read them...I guess I should start ha.

If I where to start now, which chapter should I start with to be at the same place as the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom