• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

Nah, I would say it started downhill for Tobi when he got legit shook by Kabuto. All it took was the sight of a coffin for his own dastardly plans to slowly fall apart.
I mean, he stumbled a bit and slowly began to climb back up before losing his grip once his mask fell apart.

That's why I liked Tobi.
He felt like he was in way over his head.
He wasn't super powerful, he just had a very unique and versatile defensive ability that gave him an edge, and he felt very knowledgeable about the world.

He felt mysterious and intimidating, but still felt like the main characters had a reasonable chance to beat him.

That's the impression I got because Kurenai's gender had nothing to do with her dad telling her to stay put.

but..it was one of his reasons......
KurenaiYuhiFather.jpg

Frog-fu

Banned
but..it was one of his reasons......
KurenaiYuhiFather.jpg

You're taking things out of context. Kurenai's entire generation was told stay put to protect them from Kurama, including Kakashi and Gai. She wasn't singled out because she was a woman.

Kurenai's dad told her to live long enough to have a child of her own because, like most parents would want for their kids, he wanted her to live long enough to experience that.

You're taking things out of context. Kurenai's entire generation was told stay put to protect them from Kurama, including Kakashi and Gai. She wasn't singled out because she was a woman.

Kurenai's dad told her to live long enough to have a child of her own because, like most parents would want for their kids, he wanted her to live long enough to experience that.
uh yeah no one said anything about singling out, I'm straight up saying what he said........ he had his own personal reasons and that's what he said.

you're the one saying misogynist and all this other stuff which is why I said you seem to be jumping to conclusions.

Frog-fu

Banned
uh yeah no one said anything about singling out, I'm straight up saying what he said........ he had his own personal reasons and that's what he said.

you're the one saying misogynist and all this other stuff which is why I said you seem to be jumping to conclusions.

Well surely you can see how one would come to that impression when you say she was essentially told to stay put because she's a woman and needs to have babies?

Kurenai's dad had his own reasons why he agreed with the decision to keep the younguns back, but note how he said "if nothing else" - i.e. it's not the main reason, which is the impression I got from your post.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Did we ever learn what Kurenai's family's dojutsu was called?

King Boo

Orochimaru is the most "evil" villain in the series, only a notch below Hidan who worships evil and whose character relies on being as evil as possible. Oro was a power hungry, vain, and selfish bastard who had no qualms about ruining other people's lives for his own ambitions. He had the creep factor going for him, too. Nagato/Obito/Madara/Kaguya/even most if not all of Akatsuki may be stronger and more of a "threat" than Orochimaru, but this is a guy who wanted to steal bodies from and experiment on children. Plus, he actually looked like this:

Orochimaru%27s_True_Form.PNG

I would never sleep again if I saw that in real life. He was someone to be afraid of. And easy to hate. Kaguya comes close, but is lacking the creep factor.

Oro isn't my favorite villain, but he's definitely got a certain uniqueness to him. I'm not a fan of his sudden apathy, but after being killed three or four times, I'm not sure I can blame him.

Also, I found these while searching for pictures on Google, lol:

d9d542355035d44f1a7d23750d738a9d82f7a3857e995431451fc2944c826ad7.jpg

edo-tensei_c_1176716.jpg

orochimaru_pedobear_by_aliyaaliyalee8-d5q87g3.jpg

lmao. he's one of my favorite bad guys in all fiction. a shame he got tossed aside and had his venom drained

Just rewatched the Naruto vs Neji fight... Hilarious that Naruto was giving Neji the "destiny is bullshit" speech, and Neji was just like "some people are just chosen to be Hokage."

Turns out he was right.

Just watched the fight between Tpbi/Obito and Minato.

Man, why was Minato praising and hyping up Obito? Obito got absolutely bitched around. Minato could have killed him if he tried I bet.

Frog-fu

Banned
Just watched the fight between Tpbi/Obito and Minato.

Man, why was Minato praising and hyping up Obito? Obito got absolutely bitched around. Minato could have killed him if he tried I bet.

Obito was like 15 years old when that happened but Minato couldn't deal with him conclusively because of Kurama though he knew Obito would one day be even more dangerous.

Just rewatched the Naruto vs Neji fight... Hilarious that Naruto was giving Neji the "destiny is bullshit" speech, and Neji was just like "some people are just chosen to be Hokage."

Turns out he was right.
Even though we discussed this exact thing a bunch of pages ago, I'll say it again. I think people who say this were taking the wrong message away from it. All Naruto was saying is nothing is set in stone, you still have a choice on every path you take. Minato CHOSE to seal kurama in naruto. Naruto chose to use the power for good, and so on.

It wasn't a there is no such thing as fate as much as it was a fate doesn't decide everything.

what if kakashi uses his new eye hacks to go back in time and naruto never happens
that's how part 3 starts

As i watched today´s episode i remembered how stupid it was to give all ninja abilities to make walls to protect them against the 10 tailed bijuu dama. Every ninja has 2 types of chakra, but suddenly everyone can use earth justsu. Sigh.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
As i watched today´s episode i remembered how stupid it was to give all ninja abilities to make walls to protect them against the 10 tailed bijuu dama. Every ninja has 2 types of chakra, but suddenly everyone can use earth justsu. Sigh.
I always thought everyone could use every type of jutsu, and that people had only more natural affinity for their native element/s.

I always thought everyone could use every type of jutsu, and that people had only more natural affinity for their native element/s.

No. Every ninja has affinity with 2 elements. Only the Uchiha can use all elements due to the sharingan. Kakuzu could use every element because he stole hearts from ninja who could use these elements. The Rinnegan can also use different affinity jutsu. The scrub ninja should not be able to use earth jutsu because they have no affinity with it. At least most should not. So it´s crap power up that mess with the Narutoverse.

Frog-fu

Banned
No. Every ninja has affinity with 2 elements. Only the Uchiha can use all elements due to the sharingan. Kakuzu could use every element because he stole hearts from ninja who could use these elements. The Rinnegan can also use different affinity jutsu. The scrub ninja should not be able to use earth jutsu because they have no affinity with it. At least most should not. So it´s crap power up that mess with the Narutoverse.

You're wrong.

Every shinobi has an affinity that they're strongest aligned with, but nothing is keeping them from learning other elements. The greatest example of this being Hiruzen who mastered all five elements.

The two element thing you're referring to is what Kakashi (or Yamato?) told Naruto about jōnin typically being proficient in at least two elements.

Even though we discussed this exact thing a bunch of pages ago, I'll say it again. I think people who say this were taking the wrong message away from it. All Naruto was saying is nothing is set in stone, you still have a choice on every path you take. Minato CHOSE to seal kurama in naruto. Naruto chose to use the power for good, and so on.

It wasn't a there is no such thing as fate as much as it was a fate doesn't decide everything.

He straight up said fuck fate. Hell, he went on to talk about his struggles with the clone jutsu and how hard he worked. Neji had found the idea that hard work could make soneone Hokage as opposed to destiny was ridiculous. That Naruto is the reincarnation of a son of the Sage of Six Paths strays from that. Quite far. Come on, now.

EDIT: Anyways, that Kakashi has
Susanoo
is something I'm not hating.

He straight up said fuck fate. Hell, he went on to talk about his struggles with the clone jutsu and how hard he worked. Neji had found the idea that hard work could make soneone Hokage as opposed to destiny was ridiculous. That Naruto is the reincarnation of a son of the Sage of Six Paths strays from that. Quite far. Come on, now.

Susanoo

Naruto´s choices made him the reincarnation of one the sage´s son. People always say talk no jutsu, Jesus, blah blah, as if Naruto beating the shit out of his enemies does not mean anything. Naruto made the choices that he made with his own will, and not because a prophecy steered him. It was Nagato who was supposed to be the child of prophecy, but he went the wrong path.

I think Madara was a better Indra than Sasuke.

Madara might be a huge dick, but he at least tried to better the world. He actually had a decent friendship with Hashirama.

Sasuke on the other hand....The guy is nuts and can't make up his damn mind. First you want to kill the innocent villagers in Konoha, next you want to kill Naruto, wait you met Itachi and now you want to save Konoha, now you're protecting Naruto.

At least Madara was more consistent. I think Kishimoto should have made Sasuke full blown evil. He would be a better villain than Madara. The guy put a hole into Naruto's chest. He won't be sitting around doing jack squat in a war. He would be trying to kill fools.

Susanoo

Naruto certainly wouldn't be where he is today if he had tried to let fate come his way. You forget that the son that Naruto is a reincarnation of is pretty much an expy if him.

Orochimaru would easily take out every Akatsuki member besides Nagato, Itachi and Obito.

Here is the order id rank each member in power

1) Obito
2) Itachi (based off his fight with Nagato id say hes stronger)
3) Nagato
4) Orochimaru
5) Kisame
6) Deidara
7) Kakuzo
8) Hidan
9) Sasori
10) Konnan
11) Zetsu

I think Madara was a better Indra than Sasuke.

Madara might be a huge dick, but he at least tried to better the world. He actually had a decent friendship with Hashirama.

Sasuke on the other hand....The guy is nuts and can't make up his damn mind. First you want to kill the innocent villagers in Konoha, next you want to kill Naruto, wait you met Itachi and now you want to save Konoha, now you're protecting Naruto.

At least Madara was more consistent. I think Kishimoto should have made Sasuke full blown evil. He would be a better villain than Madara. The guy put a hole into Naruto's chest. He won't be sitting around doing jack squat in a war. He would be trying to kill fools.

I don't know why people always complain about this. It would make less sense if Sasuke stayed evil and wanted to destroy the village after everything that he went through with Itachi and talking to the Hokages. And he does want to change things for the better now that he knows that the previous hokages are at fault for the flawed system.

SolVanderlyn

Naruto certainly wouldn't be where he is today if he had tried to let fate come his way. You forget that the son that Naruto is a reincarnation of is pretty much an expy if him.
Yeah, Ashura was initially a failure and inherited no powers from Hagoromo. So Naruto is still pretty much in line with that. His monster fox powers are awesome now, but in the beginning they were working against him, too. Being the son of a Hokage is the one thing he had going for him the entire time, but even then it's not like Hokage is a hereditary position...

SHEEEEEEEIT say what you will about the ninja war but the latest episode in the anime proves that it brought some great fucking moments. Awesome episode.

Frog-fu

Banned
If there's a few things I don't like lately in the anime it's that

1. Obito's new VA choices are just completely meh, both for adult and kid Obito
2. Hashirama's old VA was much better and his new one isn't half as good
3. Hashirama and Madara's reunion was much better in the manga imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom