• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welfare

Everything that happened between the end of the Pain fight and before the War beginning, had to have been the worst part in the manga. Confession scene, Naruto fainting, Sasuke going through 4 Kage and subordinates, Danzo, and Kakashi and Naruto, while being partually blind, and just, ugh.

Almost made me drop the series.

CassSept

Sasuke vs Danzo was hilarious though as it was basically a parade of ludicrous asspulls. All the way to the weird elephantiger summon and sharingarm.

Frog-fu

Banned
I didn't liked how she liked to my boy Naruto. Even a naive, idealistic moron like him caught on her BS and actually he said he hated people that lied to themselves. She got Naruto that state that he actually hates a certain kind of people. That's how low he though of her at that moment.

She has a superiority complex, when she said she finally caught up with Naruto and Sasuke I was blown away, is like she lives in her own little world.

She gets has some rage problems, a short temper is a bad trait to have.

She relies way too much on Naruto, Naruto is just a boy, the weight she puts on his shoulder is staggering, like she blames him for going away and failing to bringing him back is his fault. Not to mention that she didn't even went to the mission to retrieve him.

The Sasuke stuff is just meh, she is not the first woman to do crazy things because she is in love with a bad egg.

The false confession wasn't Sakura's greatest moment, but I've never seen it as act of manipulation. I've always thought of it as a selfless act. Sakura, knowing that Naruto loves her and that his unrequited love and sense obligation to keep his promise caused him pain, wanted to free Naruto of both. Even if she didn't love him, she was willing to be with him because that's what he wanted. Naruto has always hated people that lie to themselves afaik, so I don't think that's accurate.

Sakura certainly does not have a superiority complex. If anything, she has inferiority complex because Naruto and Sasuke always make her feel shit for not being as good as them. WI don't think she meant that she caught up as in her being as powerful, but rather as her being close enough that she could stand by them and matter in a fight - which she has undoubtedly proven that she does. Sakura is no longer a liability that needs constant saving.

The temper thing is a trope as old anime itself and one that Kishimoto likes to use for a number of other female characters, namely Tsunade, Kushina, Karin and, to an extent, Mei. Do you dislike this quality in them too?

I don't know what you're referring to with last point. I'd like you to clarify on that if you don't mind.

The false confession wasn't Sakura's greatest moment, but I've never seen it as act of manipulation. I've always thought of it as a selfless act.
I think that's what rubs so many people the wrong way about it though. The fact that she probably thought it was a selfless act too. But if you stood there and thought about it for a few seconds you'd see why it's just dumbbbbbbbbbb.

Sakura has always been 1 step forward 2 steps back. Always on the cusp of something great then recedes.

IN THE END, almost everyone is useless these days. I did enjoy her growth when she finally did step up.

Frog-fu

Banned
I think that's what rubs so many people the wrong way about it though. The fact that she probably thought it was a selfless act too. But if you stood there and thought about it for a few seconds you'd see why it's just dumbbbbbbbbbb.

Sakura has always been 1 step forward 2 steps back. Always on the cusp of something great then recedes.

IN THE END, almost everyone is useless these days. I did enjoy her growth when she finally did step up.

I think Sakura was just desperate to make things right. Sasuke kicked up shit that was going to involve others that wanted him dead, including her peers who wanted permission to kill Sasuke (lol), and on top of that Sai told her very bluntly she and Sasuke were both causing Naruto pain - adding to guilt she had been feeling from the moment he got back from failing to retrieving Sasuke, and given how long he'd been trying fulfil that promise, Sakura stated to hate herself even more so I think she just wanted to make Naruto happy.

You're right about her regression though. It's undoubtably true Kishimoto completely fucked her character over post Sasori until the war arc began.

I wouldn't even care about Sakura trying to play Naruto if she actually had the balls to go through with killing Sasuke. I wouldn't even care if she failed, just the fact that she stopped and lost her nerve after all the fuse she made caused me to lose all respect for her.

Mixed up the pairing talk and Sakura in general talk. All characters aside from Naruto and Sasuke have been mostly useless in Part 2. In the war arc, the only really useful people have been Naruto, Sasuke, the edo tensei hokages, obito after he turns good, and kakashi after power up.

By the logic of usefulness almost every character should be considered terrible.

Her problem is that she is useless.

She is really useless, she has saved a lot of lives and gave her share of contribution to this war. If she had an awesome personality, like being the kind of girl that would motivate Naruto instead of fucking with him, people would like her.

Maybe I'm a simp but I would have rode it out with Sakura if she confessed to me. Worst thing that might happen Naruto gets laid and he marries Hinata.

Naruto is like Madara, he doesn't settle for wood clones, he wants the real deal.

Heroman

Banned
Mixed up the pairing talk and Sakura in general talk. All characters aside from Naruto and Sasuke have been mostly useless in Part 2. In the war arc, the only really useful people have been Naruto, Sasuke, the edo tensei hokages, obito after he turns good, and kakashi after power up.

By the logic of usefulness almost every character should be considered terrible.
The different between sarkura and other characters is that see is one of main characters in the manga
She is really useless, she has saved a lot of lives and gave her share of contribution to this war. If she had an awesome personality, like being the kind of girl that would motivate Naruto instead of fucking with him, people would like her.
Saving lives is scurb work. I measure characters usefulness in how many fights they been in and how many they won. And let be honest here she hasn't been in to many fights and she hasn't really won any by herself. So even if she had a cool personality she still would be considered useless.

Itachi also played a huge part, by defeating Kabuto and the zombie thread. Of course he did it by using enough Bullshit to make Kakashi's Perfect Susanoo look like it was foreshadowed from the first chapter in the series in comparison.

Saving lives is scurb work. I measure characters usefulness in how many fights they been in and how many they won. And let be honest here she hasn't been in to many fights and she hasn't really won any by herself. So even if she had a cool personality she still would be considered useless.

Ok. No one is useful in part 2 by that definition aside from Itachi.

Naruto - saved almost always by the kyuubi, his father, or some other random deus ex machina.

Sasuke - saved by orochimaru, Itachi, or some random deus ex machina.

Kakashi - saved by naruto, obito, or some random deus ex machina relating to obitos sharingan.

There aren't too many one on one battles either

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Caught up with the anime this week (hadn't seen Eps past when Ay and tsunade warped to the battlefield).

Music has been amazing since the brofist between naruto and Kurama to unleash 9 tails bijuu mode.

Kakashi filler arc was excellent.

I envisioned the slap by Hinata being a lot more forceful than it was depicted

Heroman

Banned
Ok. No one is useful in part 2 by that definition aside from Itachi.

Naruto - saved almost always by the kyuubi, his father, or some other random deus ex machina.

Sasuke - saved by orochimaru, Itachi, or some random deus ex machina.

Kakashi - saved by naruto, obito, or some random deus ex machina relating to obitos sharingan.

There aren't too many one on one battles either
Naw, by my definition they all been in a lot of fights and have won manys fights so they would be useful, while sakura who is a main character has only been in like 3 main figths and only won like one of those figths.

Naw, by my definition they all been in a lot of fights and have won manys fights.

That's a little unfair, some characters can be useful as support or healers. Like the Intel team that got killed by the Juubi. They helped the alliance being coordinated, so they could arrive at the correct battlefield without getting lost.

Heroman

Banned
That's a little unfair, some characters can be useful as support or healers. Like the Intel team that got killed by the Juubi. They helped the alliance being coordinated, so they could arrive at the correct battlefield without getting lost.

But the different between them and sakura is that she is a main character. As a main character she doesn't do much of anything important or cool. If you were to make a list of the greatest moment in the manga I doubt that she would be on that list.

GaimeGuy

Hmm, this I would like to hear more off.
Ino took over her dad's role as head of communications almost immediately after he died. She relayed info to the entire allied forces, which even inoichi struggled to do

She also mind transferred the fucking 10 tails.

She's hotter than temari too

MikeMyers

Ino took over her dad's role as head of communications almost immediately after he died. She relayed info to the entire allied forces, which even inoichi struggled to do

She also mind transferred the fucking 10 tails.

She's hotter than temari too
Glad you agree to now, Ino is awesome.

GaimeGuy

Glad you agree to now, Ino is awesome.
"Ino, think you're able to connect me with the entire allied forces?"
"I'll do it. "
"You sure you can really do that?"
"IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I CAN OR CAN'T DO IT, I'LL DO IT. "

Pein

Banned
I love war ino as a character, but she is kind of homely. I mean she is not a butterface like Hinata but she is not sakura.

Ino's the hottest bruh.

just saw this too
lflLR5x.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - Ino Yamanaka Fan Club Thread
More like Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The Shipping World War will never be over

Namikaze1

And the cycle lives on. Now is my chance to move the discussion over to yaoi/yuri fandom! >:D

So guys, how about that InoSaku pairing? Or do you prefer InoHina?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
And the cycle lives on. Now is my chance to move the discussion over to yaoi/yuri fandom! >:D

So guys, how about that InoSaku pairing? Or do you prefer InoHina?
enino-man-no.gif

Slightly OT, but anyone picking up UNS Revolution next month? I was on the fence but the demo has me considering it. Plays fast as hell, really satisfying
I probably am. The side stories are enough to make me interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom