• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroman

Banned
She kept Naruto's body alive till Obito put other Kurama into him and she was instrumental in finding Sasuke. This isn't what I'd call useless. Sure, these aren't huge feats, but it doesn't always have to be about those. She gave it her all in both cases. It's worth an acknowledgement at least.

And I say this is someone who has been very critical of her for a looooong time.

So scrub work right. This is a battle shounen , I don't care if you can heal people or find people, the only thing I care about is that you can put on amazing fights. If you cant do that than you are useless to me.That been Sakrua main problem with me, like it cool you can heal people real good but when you are a main character and has barley fought for nearly 15 years than you suck.

Blasty

What's that? I haven't seen much physical strength from Naruto, neither from Sakura, she can hit hard because of her advance Chakra control.

It's an ability of the Five Tails. It augments the user's physical strength by pushing his chakra up its boiling point. It allowed Naruto to destroy Kaguya's chakra arm, and send her flying, with a single punch.

Lol you say that as if Naruto and Sasuke weren't already leagues ahead of her even before they where given the sage gifts.

Okay so whats up with the expectations then?

People expect her to keep up with a Uzamaki who hosts the nine tails or a Uchiha with EMS....please. No other ninja from the Konoha 11 can keep up with Naruto and Sasuke either. Its not like she's the only one.

All she done in this battle is heal people and occasionally hit people . That is scrub work. Until she does something on the level of gai , hell even ino ,she is god dam useless.

You clearly haven;t been paying attention.

Without Sakura, Sasuke would have never made it back and Naruto would be dead. Basically, Kaguya would have won.

She's vital whether you like it or not.

Heroman

Banned
Okay so whats up with the expectations then?

People expect her to keep up with a Uzamaki who hosts the nine tails or a Uchiha with EMS....please. No other ninja from the Konoha 11 can keep up with Naruto and Sasuke either. Its not like she's the only one.

You clearly haven;t been paying attention.

Without Sakura, Sasuke would have never made it back and Naruto would be dead. Basically, Kaguya would have won.

She's vital whether you like it or not.

She a god damn main character. We expect her to do awesome shit but all she does in b tier shit. Sure she can save naruto or find saskue but at the end of the day that scrub work. What I wanted sakura in part 2 to do is to become a badass ninja that had some cool ass fight but never really happen did it.

It's an ability of the Five Tails. It augments the user's physical strength by pushing his chakra up its boiling point. It allowed Naruto to destroy Kaguya's chakra arm, and send her flying, with a single punch.

I forgot. Naruto is like the most complete character in shonen. If he was an RPG character, he would be the really broken guy with Max Stats in every category.

She a god damn main character. We expect her to do awesome shit but all she does in b tier shit. Sure she can save naruto or find saskue but at the end of the day that scrub work. What I wanted sakura in part 2 to do is to become a badass ninja that had some cool ass fight but never really happen did it.

Saving Naruto, bringing back Sasuke and leading to Kaguya's seal is probably the most useful thing any ninja could have done. So yeah it was awesome.

Your expectations are kind of laughable. Yeah it must be cool being able to do some massively destructive jutsu's every now and then but thats not the only thing that makes you useful. In fact, being a medical ninja is far far far more useful to Team 7 than another powerhouse. At the end of the day that is Sakura's role and while you may think its "lame", its evidently just as vital as Sasuke's and Naruto's, because without it both would be dead.

I-hate-u

I agree one her being b tier, but this story is of (primarily) Naruto and (secondary) Sasuke, so no matter who it is, they will always get cast to the side to those two. You can't call her a main character in the same breath as Naruto. And to be fair, she had a lot of decent moments in the manga.

Heroman

Banned
Saving Naruto, bringing back Sasuke and leading to Kaguya's seal is probably the most useful thing any ninja could have done. So yeah it was awesome.

Your expectations are kind of laughable. Yeah it must be cool being able to do some massively destructive jutsu's every now and then but thats not the only thing that makes you useful. In fact, being a medical ninja is far far far more useful to Team 7 than another powerhouse. At the end of the day that is Sakura's role and while you may think its "lame", its evidently just as vital as Sasuke's and Naruto's, because without it both would be dead.
My expectation are normal. I expect main character in a battle shounen to have a lot of fights and provide me awesome moments which she has never done. So sure to plot you might be useful but to me you are noting. It also dosent help that she is fucking boring, underdeveloped and has a uninteresting move set.

I agree one her being b tier, but this story is of (primarily) Naruto and (secondary) Sasuke, so no matter who it is, they will always get cast to the side to those two. You can't call her a main character in the same breath as Naruto. And to be fair, she had a lot of decent moments in the manga.
I don't consider her a main character either but KM considers her one. Also sure she has had some decent moments but how many awesome moment has she had.

Frog-fu

Banned
Kairiki Musō makes Naruto physically stronger than Sakura.

That's not actual technique, it's a mistranslation, and while I don't doubt Naruto is stronger, I think he's hardly a fair comparison given the fact he's using his bijū's power to do it.

I forgot. Naruto is like the most complete character in shonen. If he was an RPG character, he would be the really broken guy with Max Stats in every category.
he is orlandu in final fantasy tactics right now

I always laugh at this person is stronger than this person. Can Sakura punch Naruto a mile away? Probably. But if they were in a serious fight Naruto would probably blow her to shreds with one jutsu. And that's without an tailed beast power. One rasenshuriken would be enough.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
People talk about Sakura's chakra control, but honestly Naruto's chakra control is far beyond anyone else's in the manga. He customized Kurama's chakra to be compatible with every member of the allied force's chakra, so that it would augment their powers without any effort on their part. He also manipulated every shinobi's cloak to protect them during the juubi's cataclysm jutsu (I think that's what it was called - was unleashed when it transformed into its sceond form iirc).

No one compares to Naruto in that regard

I-hate-u

People talk about Sakura's chakra control, but honestly Naruto's chakra control is far beyond anyone else's in the manga. He customized Kurama's chakra to be compatible with every member of the allied force's chakra, so that it would augment their powers without any effort on their part. He also manipulated every shinobi's cloak to protect them during the juubi's cataclysm jutsu (I think that's what it was called - was unleashed when it transformed into its sceond form iirc).

They had to give her something early on in the manga. One is a jinchuuriki, the other is an uchiha, the third is someone with a pink hair that has an inner self and can control chakra.

My expectation are normal. I expect main character in a battle shounen to have a lot of fights and provide me awesome moments which she has never done.

I don't consider her a main character either but KM considers her one. Also sure she has had some decent moments but how many awesome moment has she had.

Saving the two main characters of the series, helping seal the goddess of chakra and possibly saving the shinobi world is not awesome......yeah you're expectations are not normal.

Just imagine how scary could he be with proper training. Currently he is just winging it but imagine Naruto at old age (uzumaki live long lives) after mastering all the bijou powers and getting some proper training of his wind abilities.

Heroman

Banned
Saving the two main characters of the series, helping seal the goddess of chakra and possibly saving the shinobi world is not awesome......yeah you're expectations are not normal.
Saving two main characters who I knew would survive isnt awesome
By helping seal the goddess of chakra you mean getting one hit in because the goddess thought she was useless and didn't attack her.
And saving the ninja world would be awesome but we all know that she will be on the side lines like most of the manga.

Frog-fu

Banned
Naruto looks so badass with DAT cloak

SHIPPING WAR CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME!!!
tin-foil-hat-e1303319730252.jpg

NOTICE THE CIRCLE ON NARUTO'S BIJŪ MODE?
1335414834121_zps2de51be6.jpg

WHERE HAVE I SEEN IT BEFORE? OH, THAT'S RIGHT
1335414834642_zpsd9988da2.jpg

HIS LATEST MODE? OH SHIT.
rpL0URY.jpg

THIS AIN'T EVEN THE ONLY EXAMPLE, BRAHS! LOOK AT MINATO.
Screen%20Shot%202014-08-25%20at%2000.23.25.png

MINATO'S WAIFU?
tumblr_nai264T0TV1tjkxz7o2_500.png

HER CLAN? THE UZUMAKI CLAN SYMBOL.
Screen%20Shot%202014-08-25%20at%2000.26.00.png

I THINK I CRACKED THE CODE BREHS.
tumblr_mv71ufvT5T1sotnfho1_400.gif

Heroman

Banned
By helping seal the goddess of chakra you mean getting one hit in because the goddess thought she was useless and didn't attack her.
And saving the ninja world would be awesome but we all know that she will be on the side lines like most of the manga.
Awesome moment would be if she held off mandraa for a bit not get a surprise hit on someone because they forgot you were there.

Awesome moment would be if she held off mandraa for a bit not get a surprise hit on someone because they forgot you were there.

Come on man, she is not useless. She is not cool but she has being useful. Just being support for Naruto is being useful enough. (like the Rubber guy that saved the life of a Naruto clone rather than actual human beings with families and love ones)

Maddocks

the most useless character is Sai, the guy was,"I'M PART OF TEAM 7 TOO!" and got a total of 2 feet before he almost died.

Worse was that his brother called him by his name Sai, when it was just given to him my danzo. That is the character kimish created as a toss away.

Said helped defeat both Sasori and Deidara early on (who would had become huge threats of left unchecked) and helped Kakashi sealed the 7 swordsmen. But yeah that scene was an embarrassment, even worse is that he had the balls to ask Naruto for more Chakra.

Stage On

Come on man, she is not useless. She is not cool but she has being useful. Just being support for Naruto is being useful enough. (like the Rubber guy that saved the life of a Naruto clone rather than actual human beings with families and love ones)

I wouldn't call her dead weight, but she's clearly the weak link of Team 7

ffdgh

the most useless character is Sai, the guy was,"I'M PART OF TEAM 7 TOO!" and got a total of 2 feet before he almost died.

Worse was that his brother called him by his name Sai, when it was just given to him my danzo. That is the character kimish created as a toss away.

Sai did give sakura a much needed reality check so that was good lol. Sai is good in my book.

Frog-fu

Banned
Time to pay tribute to the best pairing in the series mofuggas
Code:
[IMG]https://40.media.tumblr.com/78e2f2b2d15116e9ca73b57b5d3a8886/tumblr_n549tx7tbS1to7954o1_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://40.media.tumblr.com/5bef53b0da2d3d12787a109770cfc3e6/tumblr_n4r7dx0H571r0gmk4o1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://40.media.tumblr.com/8ec42ffd3cb9ec7387183f6cb867529c/tumblr_n4r7dx0H571r0gmk4o2_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://40.media.tumblr.com/359bec8d6e3a9471b43ce91f75c60ac3/tumblr_n4r7dx0H571r0gmk4o3_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/2a40aafc46f275bfb1f85aab5f8c4eee/tumblr_nakmccAR9D1sob764o1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/121bb85089d9ef0af92fe043b819ebee/tumblr_nacs62L99B1sb54e4o1_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://41.media.tumblr.com/6e31864a659ac0d8a6388e21d2cabbbc/tumblr_n8st087MWw1rfha0xo1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/372d3bfddb7e826d43259b69e76f6a42/tumblr_n6hzxkoh0x1tbeucgo6_500.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/8cf92521ecacd93aac6d7bd5827e2df6/tumblr_n9y7j8TKRO1rk6hteo1_500.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/3c53a685aaa6479ae9bd3a7764b8a87d/tumblr_na5jb5wl231tga3xao2_500.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/e725d271c40fce4e422931e970a2856a/tumblr_n8zgzzl2eD1ttajuso1_500.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/e629927fd6ffbe81d35a904bf61b30f2/tumblr_n8o2ecCqQK1tfi3g7o6_500.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/b71004e38c95df58ec1080331d8e20b7/tumblr_n7t92aXpfu1r0klrdo1_500.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://40.media.tumblr.com/6ef93a17146ddecfa27bbb5748021e8e/tumblr_n7dpq7EeiE1twv1b4o1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://40.media.tumblr.com/6bb22418f537d5dd0f65bdbe495078a6/tumblr_n5n12wa7I11sjdx8jo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

Y'ALL BETTER RECOGNISE.

Man, Naruto looked like a chump compared to Minato visually even comparing them both as children. He really should have gotten his dad's awesome longer hair.

I assume it's a cultural difference, but I always find it a little odd when characters like Naruto/Shikamaru have comparisons made to their mothers. I mean, I get that it's supposed to be cute, like oh what a coincidence she's just like his mom, but I feel like that has some weird undertones.

Frog-fu

Banned
I ain't going to lie, I almost cried at their death scene.

You'd be a sociopath if you didn't.

Man, Naruto looked like a chump compared to Minato visually even comparing them both as children. He really should have gotten his dad's awesome longer hair.

Minato would have taught Naruto how to dress if he had the chance to raise him.

I assume it's a cultural difference, but I always find it a little weird when characters like Naruto/Shikamaru compare people to their moms. Inferences that I don't want to make. "Baby, I knew you were the one when I realized you were just like my mom, turns out that's just my type".

Though it might be more openly acknowledged in Japanese culture, encouraging your children to find someone like your parents is pretty much natural, even on a subconscious level.

todd360

SHIPPING WAR CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME!!!
tin-foil-hat-e1303319730252.jpg

NOTICE THE CIRCLE ON NARUTO'S BIJŪ MODE?
1335414834121_zps2de51be6.jpg

WHERE HAVE I SEEN IT BEFORE? OH, THAT'S RIGHT
1335414834642_zpsd9988da2.jpg

HIS LATEST MODE? OH SHIT.
rpL0URY.jpg

THIS AIN'T EVEN THE ONLY EXAMPLE, BRAHS! LOOK AT MINATO.
Screen%20Shot%202014-08-25%20at%2000.23.25.png

MINATO'S WAIFU?
tumblr_nai264T0TV1tjkxz7o2_500.png

HER CLAN? THE UZUMAKI CLAN SYMBOL.
Screen%20Shot%202014-08-25%20at%2000.26.00.png

I THINK I CRACKED THE CODE BREHS.
tumblr_mv71ufvT5T1sotnfho1_400.gif

Slowclap.gif

I still want naruto x Hinata though.

Jigorath

Banned
If Naruto doesn't end up with Hinata, then 10 years of watching/reading naruto has been wasted.

Oh he'll definitely end up with Sakura. No doubt about it anymore. Hinata will probably be lumped with Kiba or something, or maybe Kishi will just kill her off again.

PsychBat!

Banned
Oh he'll definitely end up with Sakura. No doubt about it anymore. Hinata will probably be lumped with Kiba or something, or maybe Kishi will just kill her off again.

blegh, it's a good thing I stopped reading. NaruHina was my favorite pairing, but Kishi has to crush my dream of a happy ending.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
is this a joke or is this a fact that he has no control over the anime team?

are we sure they are pro Hinata?

It's not just the anime team

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Naruto_Character_Popularity_Polls

Any time Hinata gets a major moment she basically skyrockets to near the top of the popularity polls for the next 18-30 months

Aside from Shikamaru she's probably the most consistently popular character outside of Kakashi/Naruto/Sasuke/Itachi/Gaara/Minato.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom