• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Does anyone actually expects Sasuke to win?
mj-laughing.gif

Namikaze1

Naruto Thread the Movie:

Community
I want out of this prison! I will not be relegated to the Community section while One Piece and some small animes remain in OT! Stand up and fight! Fight for your freedom! Take down the warden, you fools!

Unless that warden is Bish. We stay here and remain peaceful if Bish.

Welfare

Kishi will probably have them be equal in the beginning of the fight, then give Sasuke the edge for a bit to please the Sauce-fans, and then have Naruto kick his ass in the end.

Right now its Sasuke 1 Naruto 0
Meh, if Naruto was more focused on going for the kill like Sasuke was and not trying to scratch his headband, it would be Sasuke 0 Naruto 1.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Naruto's driving force during Part 1 was the desire to some day become Hokage. That driving force was utterly replaced in Part 2 by the desire to bring Sasuke back to Konoha.

All throughout Part 2, we were constantly beaten over the head with the notion that Naruto was the only one who could make Sasuke come back to the light, or die trying. Naruto proclaimed this over and over. He even had Itachi's endorsement.

So... why is it that in the end, after all that build up does Sasuke decide to come back all by himself and all it took was a story from the first Hokage? Talk about anti-climax... Naruto ended up having nothing to do with Sasuke's re-alignment with the leaf village, which made that whole underlying goal of Naruto in Part 2 superficial.

Naruto is going to be the final piece in bringing back Sasuke. The latter wants to protect the Leaf as a Hokage, but right now his goals are shady as hell and he doesn't think much about his previous bonds.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Naruto is going to be the final piece in bringing back Sasuke. The latter wants to protect the Leaf as a Hokage, but right now his goals are shady as hell and he doesn't think much about his previous bonds.

If you believe that, then you have to assume there will be a Part 3 to give the story time for all of that to unfold.

Lets face it, there is no good outcome to the shipping wars. I personally think Naru/Saku is overly forced, with no real chemistry between them, nor has Sakura really ever shown any love for Naruto (shes been a Sasuke fan since day 1, criminally so at times).

Sadly though, regardless of anything Hinata (or any of the movie girls) did or do, it may come down to 'first girl wins' in the end.

As for the war? it really, REALLY needs to wrap up soon. This fight has been long, drawn out, and ultimately pretty pointless. There is only so many times he can pull the 'are they going to seal her this time?!" thing in one arc.

Frog-fu

Banned
I wish I was as confident as you in the last one. It's something I always hoped from the series but I just don't see how Kishimoto will work it in. Then again who knows what happens when this war is over. Also want Naruto to acknowledge Karin as being one too, somehow.

The only reason I think the Uzumaki might come up is because they have come up a few times since the start of the war arc. From Obito identifying Nagato as an Uzumaki, to Kushina telling Naruto how she was the second jinchūriki and Mito, another Uzumaki was the first, to Sasuke and Orochimaru heading to the Uzumaki shrine, establishing the Shinigami's relation to the Uzumaki clan, which was then followed by Tobirama identifying Karin as an Uzumaki and Sasuke seemingly surprised by it. I dunno, it could come up, and I would love to know who saw to it they were destroyed, and maybe we'll learn if the similar appearances between the Shinigami and Kaguy are by design or coincidental.

Well, how long do you think Naruto vs Sasuke is going to be? Imo at least a volume. So, if Kaguya's end is this week, then we should get a bit of Madara again, there's the Sage with the Kages, and there are his tools too. Hmm, we have dicked around with Madara for years, so it's probably isn't going to be that long. Say, less than a volume. Hopefully. War will need proper closure and N vs S will need a lead-up, can't see them duking it out immediately.

20-30 chapters maybe. If Kaguya doesn't get defeated this week, then I don't know.

I honestly don't think we'll get a Naruto VS Sasuke fight at this point. I hope I'm wrong though.

No wonder I couldn't find this thread anymore. WE GOT COMMUNITY'D.

why

omfd, I thought people meant that the thread had turned into a shipping war, hence why I tried to stop posting about them. :p

lol

Why though? This war ends, there's a bit of a breather, then they fight. At this point all we need to know is what exactly Sasuke's goals are.

it's not like the others have either :lol

True, but at least there has been some touching moments between Naru/Hina, and the love declaration back int he pain fight. Her entire modern outlook as a ninja is due to Naruto, and Naruto seems to hold her in a air of respect. We've had a few other touching moments here and there since.

But yeah, romance in Naruto has been pretty crappy so far. Hina gets one or two moments a year, if that, and Sakura is reduced to 'Look how much shes like his mom! ' since Kushina was really first introduced.

Always thought it was funny how the movies basically put him with every girl but Sakura, time and time again. It's like their preference is pretty clear, and they are just hoping the author takes the hint.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I know I keep saying this, but going backwards in time would be the best way to continue Naruto at this point. There's a lot we don't know about other villages/the Uzumaki clan/even the history before the villages were established, if you want to go back that far. There's also other clans (Shimura, Sarutobi) that are apparently well respected (See: Hashirama flashback where he and Madara are excited that they decided to join their village) that we also know very little about.

Something about the Uzumakis would definitely be appreciated for sure. Also, anyone here expect Hamura to get a bit of backstory or is he going to be the same as Izuna?

True, but at least there has been some touching moments between Naru/Hina, and the love declaration back int he pain fight. Her entire modern outlook as a ninja is due to Naruto, and Naruto seems to hold her in a air of respect. We've had a few other touching moments here and there since.

Yeah, and outside of those prominent moments she also got more panel time where Kishi really liked to reaffirm just how much she likes him. So, even if Naruto hasn't shown romantic interest in her, because of these I say this pairing is the easiest sell, if Kishi wants to go down that route. Even SS with its murder attempts is an easy sell compared to NS, because Sasuke will get fully redeemed and Kishi can always play the card that "well, deep down he always cared about Team 7 (this is true) and once Naruto beats him to his senses and he can start all over with everyone", and Kishi did reaffirm Sakura's love for him, so... But NS, with that fake confession and "moments" which are based on supposed parallels and Kishi not reaffirming Naruto's affection as much as the others'...eh. Tough sell.

But as I said before. It's still square one, and chances should be equal. Kishi can do anything :lmao

Frog-fu

Banned
Time for some Mito appreciation

Code:
[IMG]http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2014/164/5/3/mito_uzumaki__kyubi_mode__by_indiandwarf-d6kagbp.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/186/d/b/unleashed_demon_fox_by_fireeaglespirit-d6c2xv8.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/277/f/4/the_demon_within_by_fireeaglespirit-d6p6nxd.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/276/7/0/battle_fox_design___uzumaki_mito_by_fireeaglespirit-d6p0wcu.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/043/6/9/mito_s_dilemma_by_fireeaglespirit-d5uq16w.png[/IMG]

SolVanderlyn

One question I've had burning in my mind forever: who the hell were Tsunade's parents? Hashirama had a daughter or son we know nothing about.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Why though? This war ends, there's a bit of a breather, then they fight. At this point all we need to know is what exactly Sasuke's goals are.

How would we know that immediately after the war? The story is suggesting that Kakashi is likely the next Hokage. It would be years before we get to see what Sasuke's intentions are and even then, Naruto in his hope that Sasuke can be a good guy would probably plead with everyone to give him a chance.

I don't see it happening where immediately after defeating Kaguya, Sasuke rubs his hands together menacingly and starts rambling off about his evil plans to dominate the leaf village, in which Naruto immediately says "it's time to kick your ass!"

We're going to need a whole new story arc to build that fight up, now that Sasuke is currently fighting beside Naruto as an ally.

Khezu

Naruto's driving force during Part 1 was the desire to some day become Hokage. That driving force was utterly replaced in Part 2 by the desire to bring Sasuke back to Konoha.

All throughout Part 2, we were constantly beaten over the head with the notion that Naruto was the only one who could make Sasuke come back to the light, or die trying. Naruto proclaimed this over and over. He even had Itachi's endorsement.

So... why is it that in the end, after all that build up does Sasuke decide to come back all by himself and all it took was a story from the first Hokage? Talk about anti-climax... Naruto ended up having nothing to do with Sasuke's re-alignment with the leaf village, which made that whole underlying goal of Naruto in Part 2 superficial.

Ya, that really is annoying.

Personally I never wanted Naruto to be the one to save Sasuke, because it makes him look even more like puppet then he already was, but after all that build up, it just makes 3/4 of part 2 almost pointless. Plus Sasuke still looks like a dumbass puppet, it's just the first pulling the strings now instead of Naruto.

Frog-fu

Banned
One question I've had burning in my mind forever: who the hell were Tsunade's parents? Hashirama had a daughter or son we know nothing about.

Who were Tsunade's parents?
Who are Konohamaru's parents?
What happened to the Senju clan?
Why were the Uzumaki wiped out?

There are so many questions I could ask that I know won't be answered. I just try not to think about them.

How would we know that immediately after the war? The story is suggesting that Kakashi is likely the next Hokage. It would be years before we get to see what Sasuke's intentions are and even then, Naruto in his hope that Sasuke can be a good guy would probably plead with everyone to give him a chance.

I don't see it happening where immediately after defeating Kaguya, Sasuke rubs his hands together menacingly and starts rambling off about his evil plans to dominate the leaf village, in which Naruto immediately says "it's time to kick your ass!"

We're going to need a whole new story arc to build that fight up, now that Sasuke is currently fighting beside Naruto as an ally.

But as someone already suggested, what kind of threat is there left besides Sasuke? If it could take years as you said for us to know Sasuke's goal what would happen in those years? Politics? Also, no one trusts Sasuke, even Naruto is suspicious of him. How could they live like this?

I did say after the war there could be a bit of breather. It could be short arc to set the fight up.

I don't know if I can take a part 3 :(

luckyguess

Neo Member
But as someone already suggested, what kind of threat is there left besides Sasuke? If it could take years as you said for us to know Sasuke's goal what would happen in those years? Politics? Also, no one trusts Sasuke, even Naruto is suspicious of him. How could they live like this?

I did say after the war there could be a bit of breather. It could be short arc to set the fight up.

If there are no threats after this war, what the hell would the next movie be about? Naruto chasing runaway cats? I don't know why everyone is assuming after this war is over, everyone's going to be in everlasting peace like they're still trapped in tsukuyomi or something. Naruto is still a kid. I'd hate to think he's reached the pinnacle of his adventures before the age of 18 and had to settle down from then on like some old man in retirement.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

... you know... that's a DAMN good question. They founded the leaf (along with the uchiha), and have had 3 of the 5 hokages. But where the fuck is the Senju clan? Shouldn't they have a giant ass portion of the village like the Uchiha and the Hyuga had? I mean the village has basically only been around for 4 generations to experience it in any capacity.

We still have no full idea what the movie and the project are about though. If they're AU, the studio can do whatever they want, if they're full canon with Kishi's approval I concede.

The problem isn't there would be zero threats, but the magnitude of them. This current war and the upcoming Sasuke battle (more so the former, as Sasuke is probably only a threat to the bijuus and jinchuuriki) are the peak. Anything other would feel like filler.

I don't think the leaf will ever accept him, it would be like accepting Kabuto or Orochimaru. If anything, I could see Sasuke setting out to prove his nindo, by taking over the sound and rebuilding it into his vision.

Part three could, for example, pick up several years down the road, and focus less on the major villages, who were more or less united due to the war, and instead on the smaller ones, as the world has really changed due to the power shifts caused by the war. Thousands of ninjas from the big five are dead or out of action, politics have shifted as some have steeped down and been replaced, and those smaller nations who largely escaped without casualties are in good positions to exploit this.

I could see Tsunade stepping down, in favor of Kakashi, who is pretty self admittedly only holding the spot till Naruto is sufficiently groomed for it. Naruto could be a jounin by now, and basically ready to get his own team as a test of his leadership capabilities.

So what we have is two ideologies, Sasuke and Narutos, trying to rebuild the world, and order it toward their respective ideologies. One part cold war ideological conflict, one part world building, leading to an eventual clash between them.

luckyguess

Neo Member
The problem isn't there would be zero threats, but the magnitude of them. This current war and the upcoming Sasuke battle (more so the former, as Sasuke is probably only a threat to the bijuus and jinchuuriki) are the peak. Anything other would feel like filler.

Not necessarily. In this series, chakra is the enabler of all power and it's not like it's going to disappear with the defeat of Kaguya. You have the SO6P passing out chakra like candy in high enough amounts to take Kaguya down, and yet he still has enough power to do god-like things.

This demonstrates that we have no idea how much of the world's chakra Kaguya has absorbed currently compared to how much there is left to be absorbed. There is potential for future threats that surpass Kaguya, just takes some imagination. I mean shit, as lame as Kaguya has been through this fight, it wouldn't be that big of a stretch to have someone more challenging appear in the future.

Naruto could be a jounin by now, and basically ready to get his own team as a test of his leadership capabilities.

I think that would be a perfect way to continue this series.

SolVanderlyn

Who were Tsunade's parents?
Who are Konohamaru's parents?
Why were the Uzumaki wiped out?

There are so many questions I could ask that I know won't be answered. I just try not to think about them.
I want to know the answers to all of these so badly... but you're right, we probably never will.

You two certainly bring up valid points and scenarios.

I'm mostly being selfish here though, as I'm prepared for the end. I'm willing to stick with this, but not sure how well I could take multiple years.

Frog-fu

Banned
Looks like Naruto is even more powerful than we thought.

3KjKJQh.png

Mōra means "comprising all."

Naruto and Sasuke both confirmed that Kaguya's TSB and Naruto's are exactly the same only it's much bigger.

Frog-fu

Banned
NejiTen ftw.

Code:
[IMG]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/360/4/6/nejiten_away__by_bayneezone-d5p7osz.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/097/0/3/nejiten_young_nejiten_month_by_teamgeorge1-d4vdy5o.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/027/8/1/nejiten_bunnies_at_your_service__d_by_bayneezone-d5swgoo.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/176/7/6/lemme_carry_you_by_bayneezone-d6ap6fh.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/194/b/b/nejiten_anbu_by_bayneezone-d571wj8.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/045/4/2/ghostie_lurve__d_by_bayneezone-d5uw1ah.png[/IMG]

Namikaze1

You and me both, Winterfang. You and me both.

Watch tomorrow's chapter be about Hagoromo and the Hokages instead of Kaguya and Team 7.

Susanoh13

Neo Member
pathetic.png

His Rinnegan jutsu is soooo bad.

I find it hilarious that his supposedly super awesome Rinnegan Jutsu is pretty much the textbook definition of the Kawarimi (Replacement) Jutsu. Only instead of pulling a log out of nowhere, he actually switches with something in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom