• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cried a little bit...

Naruto's reunion was his mom was one of the strongest parts of the manga...seeing him relay the message to here got me soggy eyed.

Pein

Banned
Loved the chapter, its really ending, Kishimoto wouldn't debuff kakashi and make such speeches if the end wasn't nigh. I feel Naruto and Sasuke's power ups are gonna be taken too once the rikudo is gone.

Naruto said he will find a great girl just like her mother. I couldn't think any other woman than Sakura.

Now I wanna know what is Sasuke is planning.
umm..Hinata, he said, not EVERYTHING has to be exactly like how his mom planned, he isn't very good at studying still.

Naruto said he will find a great girl just like her mother. I couldn't think any other woman than Sakura.

Now I wanna know what is Sasuke is planning.

Sort of, what he said, at least on the translation I read was 'Mom said to look for a girl as great as she was, but ah, well not everything is going just the way mom told me'

Makes me wonder if ether hes not found a girl yet, or he has, but shes not like his mom.

Still hope for the Naru/Hina fans out there, which seems to be pretty much everyone involved in the games and anime.

Sort of, what he said, at least on the translation I read was 'Mom said to look for a girl as great as she was, but ah, well not everything is going just the way mom told me'

Makes me wonder if ether hes not found a girl yet, or he has, but shes not like his mom.

Still hope for the Naru/Hina fans out there, which seems to be pretty much everyone involved in the games and anime.

Okay, time to shut this down.

Let's be honest here, after 631, THAT is when they should've given up hope and this chapter right here should've been the final nail in the coffin.

Why?

If Naruto was referring to Hinata, then that would mean he doesn't consider her as good as his mom, which contradicts the advice she gave him almost 200 chapters ago.

Naruto told all of what he wanted Minato to tell to his mom, in all this time he never even met Hinata, yet he did Sakura so by process of elimination and what Minato himself has experienced in his few hours back as an Edo Tensei...

So, essentially, Minato is going to go back to afterlife to tell her about Naruto's life and his "girlfriend", whom he directly compared to Kushina at the time which tied back into Kushina's words saying "Find a woman like your mother" at the time of her death when Naruto was a child.

Kishi may have worded to tease the fans, but it's abundantly clear where he's going with it.

It's high time to throw in the towel.

There's always FFN.net.

Okay, time to shut this down.

Let's be honest here, after 631, THAT is when they should've given up hope and this chapter right here should've been the final nail in the coffin.

Why?

If Naruto was referring to Hinata, then that would mean he doesn't consider her as good as his mom, which contradicts the advice she gave him almost 200 chapters ago.

Naruto told all of what he wanted Minato to tell to his mom, in all this time he never even met Hinata, yet he did Sakura so by process of elimination and what Minato himself has experienced in his few hours back as an Edo Tensei...

So, essentially, Minato is going to go back to afterlife to tell her about Naruto's life and his "girlfriend", whom he directly compared to Kushina at the time which tied back into Kushina's words saying "Find a woman like your mother" at the time of her death when Naruto was a child.

Kishi may have worded to tease the fans, but it's abundantly clear where he's going with it.

It's high time to throw in the towel.

There's always FFN.net.

Could just be a matter of how 'good as his mom' was translated. I'm thinking it's more like 'a girl like his mom' in which case, there is still the chance.
And honestly, Sakura still has a major hardon for Sasuke, and I can't think of too many times that Sakura/Naruto actually had any semi romantic moments in what, nearly 700 chapters the manga has been going?

Kishi might still force a Sakura pairing, but wow would it be forced. I mean, getting with a girl like his mom would be redundant, seeing as he's already got his mom's personality.

Granted, I doubt we'll ever see a romantic resolution here, seeing as stringing fans along with no solid pairing seems to be the norm for shonen series.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Why some of you want Sakura to be with Naruto so bad is baffling to me. They have absolutely no chemistry. Their bond is more like brother and sister than anything romantic.

Hinata x Naruto makes much more sense because it parallel's Minato x Kushina. Minato had a docile, low-key personality and was the only one who adored Kushina growing up. Hinata = Minato. Naruto = Kushina. Great chemistry.

Why some of you want Sakura to be with Naruto so bad is baffling to me. They have absolutely no chemistry. Their bond is more like brother and sister than anything romantic.

Hinata x Naruto makes much more sense because it parallel's Minato x Kushina. Minato had a docile, low-key personality and was the only one who adored Kushina growing up. Hinata = Minato. Naruto = Kushina. Great chemistry.

Are you sure you're reading the actual manga and not Fanfiction.net?

I can't blame Sakura/Naruto folks, after all, the manga keeps trying to force the 'look, Sakura fits the same role at times that Kushina had with Minato!' thing.

Despite, you know, none of those situations so far having any romantic angle to them. All those moments were...well, Naru/Hina.

The girl who seems to most act like Kishina is, well, Karen IIRC. Same fiery attitude at times, same Jutsu, Same Clan, same haircolor, etc. Both also seem to be connected to the cool, calm, powerful type (sasuke and minato).

luckyguess

Neo Member

Are you sure you're reading the actual manga and not Fanfiction.net?

Ummm.... Hmmm.... Ehhhh.... Yep, pretty certain I didn't mistake the manga for text written by fans.

I can't blame Sakura/Naruto folks, after all, the manga keeps trying to force the 'look, Sakura fits the same role at times that Kushina had with Minato!' thing.

Yeah but the whole problem is that Naruto is not like Minato in personality. So trying to shoehorn a girl like Kushina in with Naruto is almost like Kushina x Kushina.

T'Zariah

Banned

This is the type of deluded fanboy garbage that makes me lurk and not post in manga threads

Krelian91

Nice chapter. I really appreciated the callbacks to Ch.504.

(Also Naruto and Sakura is such a terrible pairing, I hope Kishi doesn't go there :( )

T'Zariah

Banned
Is that all you have to offer or do you actually have something to say that discredits my claim? If not, you might as well have kept to lurking.

First off all "Chemistry" doesn't really exist in mediums outside of live action, because the term is meaningless, as how well two animated characters or written seem to fit together is ENTIRELY dependent on the writing. Not so for live action where you can have the best screenplay in the world, but the actor/actress not be into each other be abundantly clear, no matter how good their acting is.

Second, to claim that Naruto and Sakura have no chemistry (already a faulty premise to begin with) and in the same breath claim NH does when they barely interact is borderline trolling. Kushina was already directly compared to Sakura IN CANON by Naruto's FATHER. so that parallel you posted is pure horseshit and directly contradicted by Kishimoto

Then to claim that NS is like brother and sister? What?! I challenge you to find two siblings that interact like they do and then not have "Incest???" screaming in the back of your head.

I really liked this episode, single tear with that goodbye.

Why?

WSJ releases on a Saturday instead of a Monday.

We always get the chapters early.

What we just read comes out on actual shelves in stores in Japan, on Monday the 8th of Sept. The next WSJ will be on store shelves the 13th.

darknil

Oh that's cool.

Wonder if Kishi would like (or can) put the final chapter long so he doesn't have to rush (more than he already did). That's one thing I liked about FMA manga, the chapters were long.

Namikaze1

Goddamit, we went one week without pairing wars. Why couldn't we have made it to two weeks?!

Sigh. Ignoring the pairing wars crap going on, chapter was great. Shed a tear at Naruto's farewell to his father.

First off all "Chemistry" doesn't really exist in mediums outside of live action, because the term is meaningless, as how well two animated characters or written seem to fit together is ENTIRELY dependent on the writing. Not so for live action where you can have the best screenplay in the world, but the actor/actress not be into each other be abundantly clear, no matter how good their acting is.

Second, to claim that Naruto and Sakura have no chemistry (already a faulty premise to begin with) and in the same breath claim NH does when they barely interact is borderline trolling. Kushina was already directly compared to Sakura IN CANON by Naruto's FATHER. so that parallel you posted is pure horseshit and directly contradicted by Kishimoto

Then to claim that NS is like brother and sister? What?! I challenge you to find two siblings that interact like they do and then not have "Incest???" screaming in the back of your head.

Chemistry can also refer to how two characters fit with each other outside of actors. I've seen it use a ton when describing the characters of a novel or comic. It's how they act around each other, their personalities, their expressions, etc.

As for the stuff with Minato? i think that's where people keep saying it's forced. Sakura doesn't really act like Kishina, does has she really ever paid Naruto any mind that I can remember. She treats him like a teammate while endlessly fawning over Sasuke, even after he tried to kill them.

Granted, Kishi is rather shitty at showing romantic development, so things are a bit muddled. It seems like hes going for a 'first girl wins via plot armor' trope, instead of a developed, fleshed out romance.

Granted, I doubt we'll ever see a romantic resolution here, seeing as stringing fans along with no solid pairing seems to be the norm for shonen series.

One thing that makes me think we won't get anything is the fact we're getting this anime stuff. A lot of these "pairings" in their non-canon form have certain dynamics to them, like comedy stuff. That's something the anime team can always milk and overplay. (Or Kishi himself of course.) If Kishi canonized a couple of them at the very end obviously he himself wouldn't have to worry about any of that, but the anime team? Can you see them dicking around with proper romance? Or could they just ignore what Kishi wrote and continue on their own way?

Oh that's cool.

Wonder if Kishi would like (or can) put the final chapter long so he doesn't have to rush (more than he already did). That's one thing I liked about FMA manga, the chapters were long.

He probably could extend it a couple of pages, but he's on a tighter schedule than Arakawa was. Not that I want to belittle her efforts though. What she achieved was no small feat. But I don't know if we could get like a 50 pages final chapter.

Goddamit, we went one week without pairing wars. Why couldn't we have made it to two weeks?!

Sigh. Ignoring the pairing wars crap going on, chapter was great. Shed a tear at Naruto's farewell to his father.

Went better then their first meeting, less punching Minato this time. A pity they didn't get some honest father to son talk time, with all the battles going on. Likewise, we didn't get much any Sarutobi/Naruto time, to show the old man just how far he has come.

Still, with goodbyes now said to the old generation, the manga can turn towards the newer ones next week. Looking forward to seeing how people react tot he end of the war, and saying goodbye to all those who were lost. With no Resurrections this time (well, so far) it's going to hit like a ton of bricks for some of the characters.

That was a really good chapter. The speech at the end :( That's gonna be sad in the anime. excited for it. I'm also excited to see what goes on now. I think we're at a pretty unpredictable point, it'll be interesting to see what happens, especially with Sasuke. He still seems cold as fuggg.

I also appreciate this chapter for what it was, a quick and clean way of getting rid of some of the excess on the field without dragging it too long. Madara is out of the picture and now the tensei's are gone. We can finally focus on what's coming next. Whatever that is.

Fox318

It seems like. And it always involves the same two pairings.
One day, we will have a yuri/yaoi pairing discussion! One day! *shakes fist*
Oh god, please no!

Last chapter pretty much confirms Naruto has a thing for women.

Only yaoi paring that has been confirmed is Sasuke/Sauske. He is basically Narcissus.

Namikaze1

Last chapter pretty much confirms Naruto has a thing for women.

Only yaoi paring that has been confirmed is Sasuke/Sauske. He is basically Narcissus.
I was mostly leaning towards yuri discussions.
Sasuke has someone else you know. :p
*insert Kishi/Sasuke pic*

Went better then their first meeting, less punching Minato this time. A pity they didn't get some honest father to son talk time, with all the battles going on. Likewise, we didn't get much any Sarutobi/Naruto time, to show the old man just how far he has come.

Still, with goodbyes now said to the old generation, the manga can turn towards the newer ones next week. Looking forward to seeing how people react tot he end of the war, and saying goodbye to all those who were lost. With no Resurrections this time (well, so far) it's going to hit like a ton of bricks for some of the characters.
I have a feeling that kishi forgot that he was even a character at one point and that he was closer to naruto then minato is at this point. Kishi forgot a lot of his more interesting characters for the much less interesting ones.
also ill believe that narusaku is canon when the start holding hands and having eye sex

luckyguess

Neo Member

Honestly, I have no idea what point you were trying to make here. It read like a mass of contradictory statements. I'll just take the part where you said characters fitting well together is entirely dependent on the writing, agree with that, and say that in my opinion, if Kishimoto was trying to set up Naruto x Sakura as a romantic pair, he has written it terribly so far. If you disagree with that, post a quote or image from the manga to prove your point.

Nowhere in my previous posts did I imply that Sakura and Kushina were not alike. What I said was that Naruto was already like Kushina and thus should be paired with someone like Minato, which Hinata fits that bill alot better than Sakura. At least grasp the context of my post before calling it horseshit. And the fact that Hinata and Naruto barely interact and yet their few scenes together blow the entirety of Sakura and Naruto's interactions out of the water romantically speaks volumes.

You serious? I really don't think any interaction between Naruto and Sakura truly qualify as incestuous. It's more like Naruto having a bond with a girl that he doesn't realize yet is better suited to a platonic relationship than a romantic one. Nothing has yet occurred between them that would make that transition awkward in the least.

tumblr_nbc11mZfHA1t1cn5oo1_400.jpg

Pic Unrelated

OMG this is amazing

Ponn

Banned
Honestly, I have no idea what point you were trying to make here. It read like a mass of contradictory statements. I'll just take the part where you said characters fitting well together is entirely dependent on the writing, agree with that, and say that in my opinion, if Kishimoto was trying to set up Naruto x Sakura as a romantic pair, he has written it terribly so far. If you disagree with that, post a quote or image from the manga to prove your point.

Nowhere in my previous posts did I imply that Sakura and Kushina were not alike. What I said was that Naruto was already like Kushina and thus should be paired with someone like Minato, which Hinata fits that bill alot better than Sakura. At least grasp the context of my post before calling it horseshit. And the fact that Hinata and Naruto barely interact and yet their few scenes together blow the entirety of Sakura and Naruto's interactions out of the water romantically speaks volumes.

You serious? I really don't think any interaction between Naruto and Sakura truly qualify as incestuous. It's more like Naruto having a bond with a girl that he doesn't realize yet is better suited to a platonic relationship than a romantic one. Nothing has yet occurred between them that would make that transition awkward in the least.

Actually i would back that up with Sakura trying to say she now liked Naruto for whatever absurd reason she was thinking that would help at that time and Naruto (of all people) seeing how awkward it felt telling her he knew she didnt mean it and still liked the Sauce. I really cant see how anyone can be more friend-zoned then Sakura and Naruto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom