• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Two things I'm wondering.

1. Originally, I thought Sasuke started toward Madara to finish him off (probably) but Hagoromo stopped him and told him he was beyond saving due to having the Juubi extracted. Was Sasuke actually rushing to help Madara or was that just weird wording on Hagoromo's part?

2. Due to the fact that Hagoromo stated that even he couldn't save anyone from dying when a tailed beast is removed, I take that as conformation that Naruto is keeping Kurama for sure, right?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Ten Ten's fantasy world should have just been Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth

luckyguess

Neo Member
Naruto VS Sasuke about to happen, yes or no?

Yes at some point. Sometime soon, probably not. Remember, the fight was not just implied by the tone of the story, it was a straight up prophecy from the Elder Toad. Every other prophecy came to pass. I don't see why this one wouldn't unless this is one of those discarded plot threads. If so, that would be a massive discard.

Sai

1. Originally, I thought Sasuke started toward Madara to finish him off (probably) but Hagoromo stopped him and told him he was beyond saving due to having the Juubi extracted. Was Sasuke actually rushing to help Madara or was that just weird wording on Hagoromo's part?
He was pretty much telling Sasuke that rushing to kill him was unnecessary, as he was already about to die from the Bijū extraction.

2. Due to the fact that Hagoromo stated that even he couldn't save anyone from dying when a tailed beast is removed, I take that as conformation that Naruto is keeping Kurama for sure, right?
Er, I recall Hagoromo saying that Madara was beyond saving, not necessarily that he couldn't save anyone from dying from a Bijū extraction.

I mean, you could interpret it that way, but it's still possible that Hagoromo could use Rinne Tensei even in that limited state. Regardless, Madara didn't belong there.

luckyguess

Neo Member
I just interpreted that way because it would have made more sense for the Sage to say "I'm not saving that bastard" than "he can't be saved" if he did indeed have the power to do so.

Sai

I think that'd be a pretty round-about way of expressing ill-intent that he probably didn't have for Madara in the first place. ;)

He may not have approved of the path Madara had chosen, but he was still a transmigrant of Hagoromo's firstborn.

HOLY FUCK that anime episode was amazing. That Kakashi and Obito fight was brilliant even with the questionable animation. Episodes like that justify the show alone. I'm still drooling over it. So awesome.

I don't think it's the animation you'd want to question. :p
animation is an all encompassing word for me :p

edit: as for naruto vs sasuke. Kishimoto has been intentionally obtuse regarding Sasuke so it won't be long before he makes his move which will basically be something I'm sure Naruto will disagree with. And then so begins the final fight with everyone out of the dream world and everyone watching.

Great chapter. I just wish Kishi would stop stalling and already show who Naruto is going to be with. I loved that wording about finding a "finding a girl exactly like her mom" It was such a tease :p

Could just be a matter of how 'good as his mom' was translated. I'm thinking it's more like 'a girl like his mom' in which case, there is still the chance.
And honestly, Sakura still has a major hardon for Sasuke, and I can't think of too many times that Sakura/Naruto actually had any semi romantic moments in what, nearly 700 chapters the manga has been going?

Kishi might still force a Sakura pairing, but wow would it be forced. I mean, getting with a girl like his mom would be redundant, seeing as he's already got his mom's personality.

Granted, I doubt we'll ever see a romantic resolution here, seeing as stringing fans along with no solid pairing seems to be the norm for shonen series.

I'm a Hinata fan, and I find that if he does go with the Sakura pairing it would be out of nowhere, since there's nothing in the manga that really supports that pairing. No, that "love confession" from Sakura doesn't count in my opinion. If anything Hinata's reminds me of Minato.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
animation is an all encompassing word for me :p

edit: as for naruto vs sasuke. Kishimoto has been intentionally obtuse regarding Sasuke so it won't be long before he makes his move which will basically be something I'm sure Naruto will disagree with. And then so begins the final fight with everyone out of the dream world and everyone watching.

They they will all go:

V1g5rKf.gif

I'm a Hinata fan, and I find that if he does go with the Sakura pairing it would be out of nowhere, since there's nothing in the manga that really supports that pairing. No, that "love confession" from Sakura doesn't count in my opinion. If anything Hinata's reminds me of Minato.

Hinata reminds you of Minato? Really? REALLY, now?

This is deluded nonsense.

Minato is calm, collected, and never gives up.He's created many jutsu of his own and graduated #1 in his class and was a freaking genius.

Hinata, shy, weak, only has her looks going for her, and has no traits outside of wanting Naruto's dick. When she tripped, did she try to get back up to rescue poor Naruto-kun? Nope. Just laid there, while Sakura was busy pumping Naruto's heart MANUALLY, so the mofo wouldn't die.

Zeroth

Man, shipping is such a vicious thing. I'm glad I have no horses in the race since I can enjoy the other stuff and be amused with the shipping wars.

Namikaze1

I really really don't want to get involve in the whole pairing wars crap but after a few posts, I feel like i need to ask this:

How in the world is Hinata like Minato? Seriously, explain that to me cause she is nothing, nothing like him. I mean, on the whole Kushina/Sakura side, I can see some parallels but the whole Minato/Hinata thing, I just can't.

Can someone please explain that to me without going into how Sakura is a bitch and doesn't deserve to be with Naruto schtick? I just really want to how one comes to that conclusion (Hinata being like Minato)

What was Madara trying to say? Dude went out with a whimper...kinda sad.
It was one of those classic "ehhh maybe I went about it the wrong way" kind of things :p

I happen to love the backstory between Hashirama and Madara and feel like the series is going to end on that parallel with Naruto and Sasuke accomplishing what those two couldn't. Hoping for epic battle between the two filled with discussion and flashbacks and thought processes and explanations and bravado and everything.

Don't disappoint me!

Meaning he got Talk no Jutsu'ed by Hashirama. His Talk no Jutsu is almost as strong as Naruto's. Almost.
People joke about the TnJ throughout the anime but I don't mind it. In fact like I said above I do hope Sasuke and Naruto have an epic battle but I wouldn't mind at all after some great fighting if Sasuke got TnJ'd. It's what makes Naruto special. It's one of the running themes of the show. It's what separates him from every other character. That he has the ability to win people over due to who he is and how he acts.

I LIKE IT. It's amusing and funny at times but most of the time I like it.

wmlk

This arc was filled with complete garbage and really bittersweet moments.

Hagoromo might as well be the worst character. Naruto crying at the end got to me for some reason, we've seen the dude go through so much for so long.

I also don't see any reason why Naruto and Sasuke should fight now. Hagoromo only mentioning Naruto is quite a big deal, though. Sasuke must feel useless.

People joke about the TnJ throughout the anime but I don't mind it. In fact like I said above I do hope Sasuke and Naruto have an epic battle but I wouldn't mind at all after some great fighting if Sasuke got TnJ'd. It's what makes Naruto special. It's one of the running themes of the show. It's what separates him from every other character. That he has the ability to win people over due to who he is and how he acts.
Mmm. But "talking to appease the villain" is actually a very often-used plot development in many children shows. Those child protagonists always seem to win people over due to vague things like "the fire in their eyes" or "their headstrong optimistic nature" coupled with speeches full of circular logic.

I actually prefer villains being redeemed because I generally want my fiction to be happy-happy and dislike deaths. But if you want to make a story in which a villain who has spent their life doing what he believed in see the "error of their ways" through speech, said speech also need to convince the readers, at least.

Then again, I don't read Naruto, so maybe it's actually written well there?

Niks

I'm a Hinata fan, and I find that if he does go with the Sakura pairing it would be out of nowhere, since there's nothing in the manga that really supports that pairing.

I know pairing talk is nonsensical, but I think you might want to re-read the first chapters of the manga.

Both the chapter and ep were great.

Erigu

Mmm. But "talking to appease the villain" is actually a very often-used plot development in many children shows. Those child protagonists always seem to win people over due to vague things like "the fire in their eyes" or "their headstrong optimistic nature" coupled with speeches full of circular logic.

I actually prefer villains being redeemed because I generally want my fiction to be happy-happy and dislike deaths. But if you want to make a story in which a villain who has spent their life doing what he believed in see the "error of their ways" through speech, said speech also need to convince the readers, at least.

Then again, I don't read Naruto, so maybe it's actually written well there?
Nope!

luckyguess

Neo Member
Can someone please explain that to me without going into how Sakura is a bitch and doesn't deserve to be with Naruto schtick? I just really want to how one comes to that conclusion (Hinata being like Minato)

The parallels between Minato/Hinata and Kushina/Naruto are not based off personality or achievements as a ninja. They are based on the way they observed and approached Kushina/Naruto and their similar roles pertaining to the two romantically.

-Both Minato and Hinata were the very first and only admirers of Kushina/Naruto for a long time. While other peers ostracized them, they were the only ones who saw something special in them before it was cool to do so.

-Both held off on confessing the fact for a while, admiring the object of their affection from afar.

-Hinata is timid with Naruto. Despite Minato's confidence as a ninja, he was also timid with Kushina before they hooked up. Kushina even once referred to him as "feminine" because of his docile nature around her.

-Minato's demeanor contrasts with Kushina's in much the same way that Hinata's contrasts with Naruto's. One calm and low-key, the other fiery and scrappy.

When she tripped, did she try to get back up to rescue poor Naruto-kun? Nope. Just laid there, while Sakura was busy pumping Naruto's heart MANUALLY, so the mofo wouldn't die.

She's a medical ninja, dude. That's what she does. She would have done the same for Kakashi if his heart stopped. You want to see Hinata step up for Naruto? See the Pein fight. I remember Sakura cowering behind some rubble at the time if I recall correctly.

I know pairing talk is nonsensical, but I think you might want to re-read the first chapters of the manga.

Both the chapter and ep were great.
You mean when Sakura was berating Naruto and calling him a loser, and the only reason she started treating Naruto like a human was cause Sasuke got angry at her for it? Also how the only real reason Naruto had a crush on Sakura was cause she was pretty?

Er whoops. I thought this is the Manga OT, not the Naruto Manga OT. Why would a person who doesn't read a comic go into that comic's OT and then type all that stuff. Sorry, all.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The parallels between Minato/Hinata and Kushina/Naruto are not based off personality or achievements as a ninja. They are based on the way they observed and approached Kushina/Naruto and their similar roles pertaining to the two romantically.

-Both Minato and Hinata were the very first and only admirers of Kushina/Naruto for a long time. While other peers ostracized them, they were the only ones who saw something special in them before it was cool to do so.

-Both held off on confessing the fact for a while, admiring the object of their affection from afar.

-Hinata is timid with Naruto. Despite Minato's confidence as a ninja, he was also timid with Kushina before they hooked up. Kushina even once referred to him as "feminine" because of his docile nature around her.

-Minato's demeanor contrasts with Kushina's in much the same way that Hinata's contrasts with Naruto's. One calm and low-key, the other fiery and scrappy.

She's a medical ninja, dude. That's what she does. She would have done the same for Kakashi if his heart stopped. You want to see Hinata step up for Naruto? See the Pein fight. I remember Sakura cowering behind some rubble at the time if I recall correctly.

Oh my God.

I just can't.

What you just said above is just merely interpretation--WILDLY off-base interpretations, if I may add--while we have DIRECT confirmation from Naruto's dad himself that Sakura reminded him of Kushina. Like, DIRECT confirmation. Like, it was there, appeared in his thoughts directly, like Kishi drew it, put the text in it, and displayed it to the whole wide world to see. What more do you need? A sledgehammer to the face?

T'Zariah

Banned
She's a medical ninja, dude. That's what she does. She would have done the same for Kakashi if his heart stopped. You want to see Hinata step up for Naruto? See the Pein fight. I remember Sakura cowering behind some rubble at the time if I recall correctly

What Hinata did was balls out fucking stupid, don't try and pretend otherwise with this revisionist history.

Naruto had given the order for EVERYONE to STAY THE FUCK out of his fight with Pain NO MATTER WHAT. She was selfish because she DISOBEYED A DIRECT ORDER FROM NARUTO HIMSELF. Now here’s where her impulsiveness comes into play. She selflessly didn’t want Naruto to die right in front of her so she selfishly disobeyed the order and got her bodyguard in trouble because he was supposed to be making sure she stayed put.

She DID NOT decide that she was going to confess at the outset. She already knew she didn’t stand a chance against Pain, but at the same time, she couldn’t just sit there and do nothing while Naruto loses to Pain. (By the time she showed up, Naruto was already pinned to the ground and helpless. For all intents and purposes he’d lost the fight. The only reason he wasn’t being whisked away in that moment was because Nagato wanted to chat.)

Of course, when she first shows up, Naruto’s initial reaction is to tell her to get the FUCK off the battlefield this fucking instant.

He had to go and question why she was even there and to answer him, she confesses at him to shut him up. Which it effectively does. He’s in shock for a lot of reasons, one of them being that he now realizes there’s nothing he can do to stop her and she’s probably going to die. She’s being selfish here because she’s not even stopping to consider Naruto’s feelings and what seeing a fellow comrade dying in front of him will do to him. She knows her sacrifice is futile. This is what I mean about her impulsiveness. She’s little more than an insect to Pain, what exactly was she trying to prove here?

That she’s dumb enough to pointlessly throw away her life for nothing? That she’d rather unintentionally add to Naruto’s torture than try to do something actually productive? Whatever it is, she doesn’t even fucking learn from this because she tries the same fucking thing in 614 and it just makes me faceplam so fucking hard.

There’s wanting to make a difference and then there’s pointlessly throwing your life away because you can. (At least Neji had the right idea with meat shielding from a distance. With the size of those spikes, there’s no fucking way Hinata’s body alone was going to stop those spikes from impaling Naruto from that close a distance. Shounen manga or not, physics don’t fucking work that way. Minato and Kushina can attest to this.)

You do realize that if Hinata hadn't done what she did Naruto would have been captured, had the kyubii extracted and Naruto would be dead yes?
I admit it was pretty stupid of her to do what she did, but guess what LOVE MAKES YOU DO STUPID THINGS. I guess Minato, Kushina, and Neji are stupid as well for jumping in the way of Naruto getting killed, also the juubi spikes werent shot straight at them and wouldnt have pierced hinata through enough to get to Naruto since Naruto was on the ground.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is that the extent of your reply? Notice Sakura fans offer nothing of substance to dispute my points besides ridicule because... they just can't.

I just don't have the energy to refute grand delusions after having participated in the shipping wars (Oh God) in Narutoforums' official Naruhina/Narusaku/Sasusaku thread (and you missed my edit, apparently.)

In any event, it's getting close to the end so we'll see the "result" soon enough.

Maddocks

What was Madara trying to say? Dude went out with a whimper...kinda sad.

He pretty much said that he should have been more optimistic about the future instead of trying to control it. Then the 1st said, we are dying, lets spend our last moments as comrades and not as enemies. Madaras final words pretty much said,"If that's how it ends I wont" I assume he was going to say complain or argue. So like kakashi and obito they became friends at the end and died.

luckyguess

Neo Member
I just don't have the energy to refute grand delusions after having participated in the shipping wars (Oh God) in Narutoforums' official Naruhina/Narusaku/Sasusaku thread (and you missed my edit, apparently.)

In any event, it's getting close to the end so we'll see the "result" soon enough.

Grand delusions? Coming from a Sakura x Naruto supporter? Talk about irony... You're practically throwing rice because Minato mentioned in passing that Sakura's temper reminded him of Kushina. Talk about grasping at straws.

Step

Welp I mean, I love NaruxHina but I know that sadly he'll end up with Sakura but man, calling out Hinata like that, she was doing a complete show of love trying to protect someone you care, even when you know you have no chance to make a difference but still giving away your life like that vs a girl that just finally recognizes him just because he is finally strong enough and "oh wow! she, the team medic ninja revived him! she surely is the one!!!!!

I'm really sorry for fueling the shipping wars but despising both times she stood in front of two of the strongest enemies without skipping a heart beat rustled my jimmies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom