• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this feeling that Kishi will end this manga without a conclusion to the shipping wars....

probably gonna make it as marketing hook for the movie...

Jigolo

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Chapter was good. I like the way they wrapped it up. Sasuke's quietness makes him seem sketchy. I guess we'll find out soon about the end.

BUT THIS EPISODE WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE. Thank the lord the animator that did 322 came back. Good damn I don't remember much about the fight between Kakashi and Obito but that was damn incredible. After watching this stuff I can't fucking wait to see when the Guy moments get animated.

I got this feeling that Kishi will end this manga without a conclusion to the shipping wars....

But I thought the Japanese fans don't care that much about the shipping business? At least they're not as invested in it as the western fan base?

luckyguess

Neo Member
I think this chapter also disproved the predictions that Madara was going to wake up a reformed man. I got the feeling that his only regret was that his plan didn't succeed. He didn't give any indication of feeling like he went about things the wrong way but maybe that's just me interpreting his responses to Hashirama wrong.

Zeroth

It's the safest way out, and it's not like there's no precedent to a group of 3 not getting together at all (the sennin trio comes to mind).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
One thing that makes me think we won't get anything is the fact we're getting this anime stuff. A lot of these "pairings" in their non-canon form have certain dynamics to them, like comedy stuff. That's something the anime team can always milk and overplay. (Or Kishi himself of course.) If Kishi canonized a couple of them at the very end obviously he himself wouldn't have to worry about any of that, but the anime team? Can you see them dicking around with proper romance? Or could they just ignore what Kishi wrote and continue on their own way?

He probably could extend it a couple of pages, but he's on a tighter schedule than Arakawa was. Not that I want to belittle her efforts though. What she achieved was no small feat. But I don't know if we could get like a 50 pages final chapter.

<Arakawa> lol 50 pages

Namikaze1

I'm hoping the anime can do something to spice up the Kaguya battle too but that's going to take quite a lot of spice.
I'm hoping that the anime at least shows what it's like for those under the Infinite Tsukiyomi effects. That's something I felt was missing in the manga. Show what is like living in a fake world with people like the trapped Konoha 12 as an example slowly realizing that it isn't their world.

Edit: Fuck! Fillers time! Damnit!

Frog-fu

Banned
That was an awesome chapter and I really liked the conversation between Naruto and Minato, it was a nice call back to the Kushina flashback of his birth.

Face it, brahs, this is canon.
Code:
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/b12b75f88be45860da9668c19e3b93c9/tumblr_nbdpu33DLe1sb54e4o1_1280.gif[/IMG]

Also lol at Kurama flipping off Naruto. What a tsundere.

Zoe

I'm hoping that the anime at least shows what it's like for those under the Infinite Tsukiyomi effects. That's something I felt was missing in the manga. Show what is like living in a fake world with people like the trapped Konoha 12 as an example slowly realizing that it isn't their world.

Isn't that basically that one movie?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
That was an awesome chapter and I really liked the conversation between Naruto and Minato, it was a nice call back to the Kushina flashback of his birth.

Code:
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/b12b75f88be45860da9668c19e3b93c9/tumblr_nbdpu33DLe1sb54e4o1_1280.gif[/IMG]

Kurama, Shukaku, and Son are all tsundere. :3

Heroman

Banned

Code:

Naw we all who the real girl is.
hinata

Heroman

Banned
Yeah, but Kurama is funny as shit given how ominous he used to be. Dude turns out to be a big softie.

Not sure if serious.
It hinata, it been her since the first time we have seen her. Her only personality trait is that she likes narito.

lol at people saying that whoever believes that Hinata is the right partner for Naruto is reading some fanfiction

Sakura fans are the ones that are stuck in the biggest illusion of them all!

Naruto Chapter 691 and Sakura STILL LIKES SASUKE OVER NARUTO

MANGA IS ENDING SOON FOLKS

Namikaze1

lol at people saying that whoever believes that Hinata is the right partner for Naruto is reading some fanfiction

Sakura fans are the ones that are stuck in the biggest illusion of them all!

Naruto Chapter 291 and Sakura STILL LIKES SASUKE OVER NARUTO

MANGA IS ENDING SOON FOLKS
Man, that was 400 chapters ago. :p

well seeing as Kishi flopped on everything else... this, plus being Hokage, plus Sasuke vs Naruto are the only things left on a short checklist that Kishi hasn't addressed

Plus I love replying to Naruto/Sakura lovers ;) Seeing as they rally on no supports and try to debunk evidence

Of course there is the whole extra plot holes and item tools, etc but who knows if those would be ever addressed...

Sai

Naruto IS pairing wars.
Which makes no sense considering how shallow the topic of romance is in this manga. After modding at NF for approximately a decade, I still do not understand why pairing debates continue to run so rampant. And all the hostility it has bred in spite of that has caused me to loathe it more than anything.

I've noticed that those in obvious support of NaruSaku here are quick to jump down the throats of anyone that even mentions their desire to see NaruHina. At first I wanted the latter result just to go against the cliche, now I kind of want it to happen more just to see how it gets under their skin. :p

Someone put this poor guy out of his misery.

Sakura doesn't have any romantic feelings for Naruto and even Naruto knows it lol

Great chapter.......I'm tearing up thinking this could be the end of Naruto.....until part 3 :3

Frog-fu

Banned
Minato telling Naruto happy birthday is probably the highlight of the chapter for me. That was just nice, and now we know exactly how old Naruto is.

Someone put this poor guy out of his misery.

Sakura doesn't have any romantic feelings for Naruto and even Naruto knows it lol

Great chapter.......I'm tearing up thinking this could be the end of Naruto.....until part 3 :3

Misery? You're looking at it all wrong, brah.

Naruto don't care for any girl other than Sakura, who cares a lot about him, and at least according to Kakashi, feels different about Sasque. Ain't no way the hero ain't getting the girl in the end.

RIP Madara

lDi2TZn.jpg

Kakashi seems to have gone blind?

Misery? You're looking at it all wrong, brah.

Naruto don't care for any girl other than Sakura, who cares about him, and at least according to Kakashi, feels different about Sasuque. Ain't no way the hero ain't getting the girl in the end.

Sakura cares about Naruto......as a friend lol. Hero will get a girl don't worry.....it will be Hinata.

So Kakashi's powerup was temporary?

If he does become Hokage, he'll be the weakest one yet.

Even without it, he still was a genius. If anything, he's relied too much on it these last 15 years. Supposedly, he still knows a thousand jutsu and, without being drained by the eye, should be able to pull off at least a few of them.

Granted, he's really nothing more then a seat warmer till Naruto has enough experience to take over. Hes got the power, but needs to refine his leadership and strategy areas. Right now, the village doesn't need naruto with the hat, stuck in an office. They need him out there in the world, working that talk no jutsu to build alliances and make friends of enemies.

That's why i'd love to see part three, if there is one, as him taking on a genin team of his own. Show him evolving from the powerful hothead we know now to a true leader the people can count on.

The chapter was ok, but not really all that moving aside from Minato, which is reflective of the end of this arc as whole. Wrap it up Kishi so we can put this one to bed.

Sai

And...where is the hashirama's jutsu Sasuke ? Have you forgotten to use it?
Just another discarded plot point.

Hashirama's chakra, along with his cultivated cells that Kabuto used to save Sasuke's life could have facilitated the awakening of his Rinnegan, but it was never actually made clear.

Do you mean in more detail? Cause the manga did show single panels for many characters:

After being trapped in this illusion, several characters' dreams were shown:

• Hinata Hy&#363;ga: Being a couple with Naruto Uzumaki.
  • Kiba Inuzuka: Being Hokage and declaring a national holiday for dogs.
  • Shino Aburame: Discovering and taming a new insect species.
  • Ch&#333;ji Akimichi: A girlfriend who loves him for his weight, providing a lot of food.
  • Shikamaru Nara: Seeing both his father and teacher with their significant others, while declaring to Temari he won't even bother getting married.
  • Ino Yamanaka: Sasuke and Sai fight over her love.
  • Rock Lee: Successfully defeating both Naruto and Neji and gaining the love of Sakura Haruno.
  • Tenten: Rock Lee and Might Guy acting like adults, while talking to Neji about it.
  • Mei Terum&#299;: Getting married, with the other four Kage in attendance.
  • Tsunade: Dan Kat&#333; as Hokage, reunited with the other Sannin and Nawaki.
  • Gaara: A happy childhood with his entire family and Naruto as his close friend.

I wanted a bit more than that. Like I said in that post, I wanted to see them realized that they are in an illusion.
I really want a whole episode of Hinatas dream where the whole episode is naruto and hinata on a date and at the end naruto confesses to her and then hinata starts feeling that somethings wrong.
I know its not gonna happen but at least NH is gonna happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom