• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Sephzilla

You disobeyed your 4th Prime Directive, crashed the game to hell.

you crashed the game with your intro AGAIN

The #SephzillaSection is taking over, the game cant handle so many fans.

NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM

solomon-crowe.jpg

Cagey

Banned
Wyatts vs. Kane/Taker had potential to be some throwback carny bullshit with supernatural stuff everywhere. If they wanted to reveal "OMG THEY'RE NOT ACTUALLY DEAD" they could have done something far better than "oh hey pyro + music + walk out slow and menacing". Even something like Bray being like "OH HEY WE KILLED TAKER/KANE AND HERE ARE THE CASKETS AND OMG THEY ARE EMPTY" would have been better than that 'reveal'.

Oh well. Legit the only person I give two fucks about who is in a match at Survivor Series is KO.

WWE set the cheese dial on this story to 5 when it should be on Infinity.

Wrasslin' |OT| Nobody is over.

Slight edit to ensure perfection.

sora87

Embarrassing promo for the "divas" championship match. How can they fuck up so badly when they have something in their own company, NXT, as a baseline for how to do this properly.

Hex

Banned
Embarrassing promo for the "divas" championship match. How can they fuck up so badly when they have something in their own company, NXT, as a baseline for how to do this properly.

I do not think it was terrible, I think Charlotte is just complete ass on the mic.
Paige was totally killing it with the heel swag and trying to build.
Charlotte is just a limp wet blanket..soggy with tears.

Striker

I'm all for supernatural and wacky things in wrestling. It's wrestling. But the main problem with this is no one will care about the results or purpose of this storyline in two months. Maybe it matters if The Wyatt Family demolish both of them and they're out for months, but it isn't going in that direction.

orioto

Good Art™
So you turn Reigns heel just to have him immediately dead in the water, then have noone to face Face Owens at Wrestlemania?

Short term thinking poppi.

Well Reigns is in the Heel authority stable with sheamus. He can have the belt at RR and Owens takes it back at Mania.

Fox318

There are problems with the Wyatts.

• In a PG era none of the heels can be heels, there are too many things they can't do or say.
  • Already fed to Cena, Taker, Roman, Ambrose fued didn't help him
  • Hasn't really done anything evil, most recently he helped a beaten old man out of the ring
  • Promos have no steak in real life or wrestling. Why should bray care about winning a fake sports match?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Been thinking about Reigns.

Look, the guy is no doubt very talented in the squared circle. I have come to accept this. Last night reminded me, not taught, that the guy can work a great match. Good ring psychology, good athleticism, doesn't hurt anyone....it's all good.

I think what is truly, undoubtedly, hurting him, both in regard to the audience's perception and to his own arc...is his attire and overall shield gimmick.

Like, when you watch and listen to the guy out of the ring, he exudes far more charisma than he can share on screen. I say can because he's probably listening to what people behind the curtain are telling him to do. But the guy comes off as a genuinely nice guy but you can't and won't see that when you have a metal dude in chest armor with long hair and tats come out. It clashes against that persona and I don't think that persona is him. I truly believe the guy doesn't buy his own gimmick, can't find a way to own it.

You look back at some his younger pictures, listen to him out of the ring and it just all doesn't feed into Roman Reigns. This guy would be sooooo over if he could just be himself and find a new gimmick. That isn't happening anytime soon.

Here's the problem, if he is struggling with the character now, he's going to risk the longevity of his career. He needs a new make over. Turning him heel isn't the answer.

with that said, and this may sound a tad hypocritical, I will stop viewing the show when he nabs the title. I have zero interest in what that has to offer.

Just get rid of the vest and turn his black pants into camo pants. Boom, he's finally ready.

DMczaf

Roman's gear made him look strangely short compared to Cesaro last night. I mean he is short compared to Cesaro, but he looked even shorter.

Maybe it's the transition between the vest and pants that make his legs look short?

Sephzilla

Reigns would be so much better off right now if the WM31 push didn't happen. I really think that stunted his development and also put a permanent dent into how some fans will treat him.

Fox318

Been thinking about Reigns.

Look, the guy is no doubt very talented in the squared circle. I have come to accept this. Last night reminded me, not taught, that the guy can work a great match. Good ring psychology, good athleticism, doesn't hurt anyone....it's all good.

I think what is truly, undoubtedly, hurting him, both in regard to the audience's perception and to his own arc...is his attire and overall shield gimmick.

Like, when you watch and listen to the guy out of the ring, he exudes far more charisma than he can share on screen. I say can because he's probably listening to what people behind the curtain are telling him to do. But the guy comes off as a genuinely nice guy but you can't and won't see that when you have a metal dude in chest armor with long hair and tats come out. It clashes against that persona and I don't think that persona is him. I truly believe the guy doesn't buy his own gimmick, can't find a way to own it.

You look back at some his younger pictures, listen to him out of the ring and it just all doesn't feed into Roman Reigns. This guy would be sooooo over if he could just be himself and find a new gimmick. That isn't happening anytime soon.

Here's the problem, if he is struggling with the character now, he's going to risk the longevity of his career. He needs a new make over. Turning him heel isn't the answer.

with that said, and this may sound a tad hypocritical, I will stop viewing the show when he nabs the title. I have zero interest in what that has to offer.
Reigns is a wrestler who is designed by a corprate committee to sell tshirts, work with advertisers, and do well with kids. He is Cena 2.0.

Diesel wasn't over as a hulk Hogan clone, he was over as Kevin nash. Vince doesn't know how to make a babyface star anymore. If it's not a guy the audience already attached themselves to then Vince doesn't know what to do.

I mean Cena got over because he was on smackdown. On raw he would have been HHH's bitch.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Did I f'ing go over in GWF last night? At least debut The New Blade Runners gimmick with my Rock, Bronx-Man?

I got squashed last night, brother. You didn't hear it from me, but I think Fox has been getting pretty cozy with the GWF powers that be.

Here's the line-up for the 2016 NJPW/CMLL FantasticaMania tour!

. Mistico
. Volador Jr.
. Atlantis
. Guerrero Maya Jr.
. Dragon Lee
. Stuka Jr
. Fuego
. Mascara Dorada
. Titan
. The Panther
. Mephisto
. Ultimo Guerrero
. Hechicero
. Bobby Z
. Virus
. Barbaro Cavernario
. OKUMURA

Six debuts there, Dragon Lee, Guerrero Maya Jr, The Panther, Hechicero, Virus & Bobby Z. Glad to see Fuego back! And no spot wasted on the likes of Niebla this year, thankfully.

Surprised at the lack of La Sombra and Rush, and, even though I hate him, La Mascara. I was really hoping the full Los Ingobernables were going to get together and wreck some shit.

Does anybody else think they should eventually put the heavyweight title on The New Day, in a shared reign? Have them shockingly beat a face champion sometime in 2016 in a throwaway handicapped match on RAW, shake up the company to its core. It would be something new and different that could really get people talking again. Them playing hot potato with the biggest prize in the business would be hilarious.

New Day are gonna wear out their welcome with me soon. The unicorn thing is the wrong side of stupid. I've stopped watching their segments. Hoping they break up and all three get decent singles runs, but they're black and this is WWE so that isn't going to happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Am i the only one seeing the potential classical double turn potential with KO and Reigns ?

Have Triple H play the whole "there is no chance we have that fatty representing us" at the ppv. Final is Reings/Owens. Before it, Trip tries one last time to convince Reings to be the authority guy, but he firmly rejects it.

In the match, Reings is the usual super man, but Owens is damn brave. of course you already have dual chants anyway, cause half the crowd wants Owens to win, but 0% of them believe it's a possibility.

So Reings is frustrated. he finally accepts Triple H helps, shenanigans happens. Everyone expects Owens to lose now. he's the total robbed underdog at this point. Except he wins.

Legendary marking moment right there.
If you want to make it even more epic. What you do. When Owens wins, his son is ringside and comes to hug him or something. But Triple H is not done with all that. He calls Sheamus, who cashes in on an half dead Owens. But Owens doesn't overcome the odds in an unrealistic rool up or something. No he's still Owens. So he takes a chair and destroy the fuck out of Sheamus with the crowd going crazy. gets dq, keeps the belt. Trips is in rage. Owens is on teh ring with his son and wet eyes. The glass ceilling has been shattered etc..

Then you have the next weeks showing Trips and his good looking magazine cover stable trying to take the belt back. Eventually they managed to do it. Owens take it back at Mania.

I dunno, on one hand that asks for a depth WWE doesn't usually show. And on that same hand they would pull out what I feel is Owens' most compelling work, his heel work. He can even be a lifetime heel, like IRS or DiBiase. There's no shame in never turning.

However I'm sure sometime DiBiase did turn, but I bet it didn't go over well.

Sephzilla

Am i the only one seeing the potential classical double turn potential with KO and Reigns ?

Have Triple H play the whole "there is no chance we have that fatty representing us" at the ppv. Final is Reings/Owens. Before it, Trip tries one last time to convince Reings to be the authority guy, but he firmly rejects it.

In the match, Reings is the usual super man, but Owens is damn brave. of course you already have dual chants anyway, cause half the crowd wants Owens to win, but 0% of them believe it's a possibility.

So Reings is frustrated. he finally accepts Triple H helps, shenanigans happens. Everyone expects Owens to lose now. he's the total robbed underdog at this point. Except he wins.

Legendary marking moment right there.
If you want to make it even more epic. What you do. When Owens wins, his son is ringside and comes to hug him or something. But Triple H is not done with all that. He calls Sheamus, who cashes in on an half dead Owens. But Owens doesn't overcome the odds in an unrealistic rool up or something. No he's still Owens. So he takes a chair and destroy the fuck out of Sheamus with the crowd going crazy. gets dq, keeps the belt. Trips is in rage. Owens is on teh ring with his son and wet eyes. The glass ceilling has been shattered etc..

Then you have the next weeks showing Trips and his good looking magazine cover stable trying to take the belt back. Eventually they managed to do it. Owens take it back at Mania.

I actually like this. It would kind of recreate the Austin/McMahon dynamic in a way I feel actually makes sense.

That was a fine episode of GWF last night, though I had to tap out so I could sleep.

klonere's entrance is incredible, and it needs to be seen live.

bjork was legit shook by the ass beating he took from Beef. A squash match for the ages.

Seph getting Wellness'd was just great.

Plywood is getting a push, while "The World's Wrongest Man" imbask's avatar is a great piece of work by Sunny.

klonere

Banned
My entrance makes perfect sense.

Where do you think the druids came from in the first place? Northern Irish King Druid Sheamus will be your Totino's champ soon, trust me.

That was a fine episode of GWF last night, though I had to tap out so I could sleep.

klonere's entrance is incredible, and it needs to be seen live.

bjork was legit shook by the ass beating he took from Beef. A squash match for the ages.

Seph getting Wellness'd was just great.

Plywood is getting a push, while "The World's Wrongest Man" imbask's avatar is a great piece of work by Sunny.

looking forward to catching up tonight

MG310

Charlotte's referring to all wrestling as WWE kinda sorta gets on my nerves. Tonight/last night was the second time I can remember her doing it.

Initially I thought that was to set up Paige's part of the promo but they didn't go that way. Paige being furious about her comparing her upbringing to Charlottes and probably saying something about Ric never coming home because he didn't give a shit about her.

There were lots of things in Charlotte's promo for her to jump on including her wording the bit about doing it for Reid as the ONLY reason she's there.

Kevin Kelly has confirmed that, unsurprisingly, he and Matt Striker will return to call Wrestle Kingdom 10 exclusively for NJPW World.

By the way, it's a month out, but I am taking suggestions on what the OT should be.

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 in Tokyo Dome [OT]: The King, The Gun, The Ace, The Sword.

Hex

Banned
Initially I thought that was to set up Paige's part of the promo but they didn't go that way. Paige being furious about her comparing her upbringing to Charlottes and probably saying something about Ric never coming home because he didn't give a shit about her.

There were lots of things in Charlotte's promo for her to jump on including her wording the bit about doing it for Reid as the ONLY reason she's there.

Yeah I thought it might go somewhere too but I was thinking ...Charlotte your dad was barely in the WWE at that point and probably did not give much a shit about it as he was in and out of WCW and Paige's family never touched WWE and most likely did not give a shit about it.

Top Bottom