• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Sephzilla

FAV FIVE SNES GAMES

1. Chrono Trigger
  2. Super Mario World
  3. Final Fantasy 3 (FF6 in Japan)
  4. Super Mario RPG
  5. Donkey Kong Country 2
Honorable Mentions = Turtles in Time, Mario Kart, Super Metroid

i'm with you but we're not supposed to talk about it, whenever you mention SMW there's a bunch of weird basement dwelling SMB3 fans that come out of the darkness, and they're usually REALLY ANGRY

Because Mario 3 is better than Mario World. But that doesn't mean Mario World isn't greatness. Mario 3 = Stone Cold. Mario World = The Rock

I won't do a Fave Five SNES because the system wasn't that great.

enMvI45.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I won't do a Fave Five SNES because the system wasn't that great.

Zach

Chrono Trigger and Super Mario World are still great. Super Mario Kart has aged pretty poorly. I'd much rather play a newer Mario Kart.

And I should really play through Super Metroid and Earthbound and Yoshi's Island, yeah?

Sephzilla

Charlotte sucks

Sonic sucks

Matt Striker sucks worse than both of them combined

Charlotte has honestly been a disappointment ever since getting called up

And I should really play through Super Metroid and Earthbound and Yoshi's Island, yeah?

I actually think Earthbound and Yoshi's Island are both a bit overrated, but still worth playing. Super Metroid is a must.

what if I told you Mario 3 was worst than Mario 2, SMW and maybe even Mario 64?

I'd call you a liar.

But what if I told you that Mario 64 is way better than Mario Galaxy?

imBask

Banned
I actually think Earthbound and Yoshi's Island are both a bit overrated, but still worth playing. Super Metroid is a must.

I'd call you a liar.

But what if I told you that Mario 64 is way better than Mario Galaxy?

oh i'd agree, even if Mario Galaxy was the holy grail of gaming the fact that it's on the Wii automatically disqualifies it for any of my awards

i've gone on multiple rant about the Wii and I don't feel like doing it again, but it's the shittiest piece of fucking shit of all time god fucking damnit I hate that console

Exodust

Banned
The best SNES game is Super Metroid. Followed by the still amazing Yoshi's Island.

Mario 64 is the best Mario game. And while I like Galaxy 1 I think it's a bit overrated. The second Galaxy did everything better.

Anth0ny

fave five snes games:

The Nintendo Tri-Force:

1. Super Mario World
2. Super Metroid
3. Link to the Past

4. Chrono Trigger
5. DKC2

Runner ups: Yoshi's Island, FF2, Super Castlevania IV, DKC, Street Fighter II, Megaman X

Still have to play: FF3, Super Mario RPG

WHAT A GOOD SYSTEM

Sephzilla

Sonofabitch I didnt have Mega Man X on my SNES list. I think I forgot it because I played it mostly on the PS2 re-release. Mega Man X is a GOAT if there ever was one.

Anyways back to wrestling talk. So, are we going to get Roman vs Owens in the finals or Roman vs Ambrose?

Heroman

Banned
Sonofabitch I didnt have Mega Man X on my SNES list. I think I forgot it because I played it mostly on the PS2 re-release. Mega Man X is a GOAT if there ever was one.

Anyways back to wrestling talk. So, are we going to get Roman vs Owens in the finals or Roman vs Ambrose?
Owens vs Roman, it make the most sense.

Bronx-Man

Banned

Roman vs Sheamus

Anth0ny

The original Sonic games were mediocre platformers that were masked by the OH LOOK HOW FAST YOU CAN GO gimmick and were pushed harder than Roman Reigns because Sega wanted a mascot to compete against Mario. In the big picture the original Sonic games are barely even in the top 5 for all time great platformers.

Mario 1-3 > SNES Donkey Kong Country series > Earthworm Jim games > Rayman > Sonic goes here I guess

kenthrowsbret41q0k.gif

Highspots UK are the absolute worst - their motto should be; "pay more, wait longer!", while the only advantage for using them is that you avoid the notice of customs.

Zach

My last post made me think: it'd be fun if we could somehow pull off a for realz WrassleGAF Required Viewing. I know it would be impossible with all of you kidders and nutters, but a man can dream.

Anyway, the aforementioned Bret vs. Austin (WrestleMania 13) would be on there. Hogan vs. Warrior (WrestleMania VI) also immediately comes to mind.

We've probably talked about this before...

Anth0ny

Any SNES top 5 that disregards Secret of Mana is wrong by default.

never played it

heard it's pretty good

unfortunately i don't have time anymore for jrpg kideo games, though I really want to make time for ff6 and 7 cause apparently they're real good and iconic and stuff

My last post made me think: it'd be fun if we could somehow pull off a for realz WrassleGAF Required Viewing. I know it would be impossible with all of you kidders and nutters, but a man can dream.

Anyway, the aforementioned Bret vs. Austin (WrestleMania 13) would be on there. Hogan vs. Warrior (WrestleMania VI) also immediately comes to mind.

I would be down

klonere

Banned

How about Royal Rumble 92? The first Rumble I as a new viewer watched, not really knowing much going into it and was hooked for the whole thing. Fantastic introduction to many different characters and wrestling tropes as well as an interesting look at the difficult transition from Hulkamania.

Do we have a top 5 wrestling games from the SNES?

Saturday Night Slam Masters was the only one I really remember liking

there was a megadrive one where HBK's finisher was a side suplex that was ok and may have also been on the SNES, and a bizarre one where the undertaker hit people with an ACTUAL tombstone that I can't remember the platform I played on. I think it was a ported arcade game?

Zach

How about Royal Rumble 92? The first Rumble I as a new viewer watched, not really knowing much going into it and was hooked for the whole thing. Fantastic introduction to many different characters and wrestling tropes as well as an interesting look at the difficult transition from Hulkamania.

Without a doubt, the Rumble itself would be required viewing. It's the only good Rumble I've seen.

Mahonay

Banned
Since I'm currently not watching any WWE until Survivor Series I've been keeping busy by listening to all of the episodes of The Lapsed Fan that I have missed. This has been a far more enjoyable option.

Saturday Night Slam Masters was the only one I really remember liking

there was a megadrive one where HBK's finisher was a side suplex that was ok and may have also been on the SNES, and a bizarre one where the undertaker hit people with an ACTUAL tombstone that I can't remember the platform I played on. I think it was a ported arcade game?

It sounds like:
WWF_Wrestlemania_arcade_flyer.png

Austin vs Dude Love at You Will Conform to Mr McMahon's Utopia (Over the Edge 98)
HBK vs McMahon at mania 22

Zach

Ric Flair RR'12. Enough said. This is the pinnacle of story telling in the business. Here you have a guy, in classic wrestling speedos, 3rd to enter, who is able to SELL that he can outlast 29 other particiapants (many bigger than him).

That RR, for me, is one of the best moments in WWE history.

I'm with you, brother, but what's the significance of his -- as you put it -- "wrestling speedos"? >_>

Zach

I'm not seeing you guys suggest enough WCW matches. Where is Data West? Gimme some Steamboat/Rude or something.

Oh, there are some great War Games matches...

Edit: Oh, and I'd argue that The Outsiders + THE THIRD MAN vs. Team WCW would have to be Required Viewing. Maybe Goldberg vs. Hogan? That reaction...

I'm realizing that Hogan is the greatest wrestler of all time, brother.

Top Bottom