• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
KO Picks his survivor series team

20151110_SurvivorSeries_Article_DreamTeams_Owens.jpg

as do others

Becky

20151110_SurvivorSeries_Article_DreamTeams_Becky.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/shows/survivorseries/2015/dream-survivor-series-teams-2015-28201319
20151110_SurvivorSeries_Article_DreamTeams_Kalisto.jpg

Sephzilla

My ultimate survivor series team would be Hogan, Cena, HHH, and 90s HBK. It's a guaranteed slam dunk win because those 4 would collectively make sure nobody goes over them.

DMczaf

My ultimate survivor series team would be Hogan, Cena, HHH, and 90s HBK. It's a guaranteed slam dunk win because those 4 would collectively make sure nobody goes over them.

I now picture all 4 with their backs to the turnbuckles to make sure no one rolls them up.

jmdajr

Pretty Hoss team. They would face Team Brock, Rock, Austin and Undertaker. I don't know who else would even have a chance.

Toki767

On the other hand, you'd be eliminated while the rest of them survive so you'd look like a loser.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-release-statement-regarding-charlottepaige-raw-angle-202031

Dave said:
WWE will be releasing a statement shortly regarding Monday night's show-closing angle involving Paige and Charlotte (Ashley Fliehr).

The gist of the statement will be that the idea of the angle came from Ashley Fliehr, that it was taken out of the show, she was insistent that it be put in, and it was. However, the company did take responsibility for the angle since it was ultimately their decision to put it on the show.

The angle involved Paige referencing the death of Charlotte's brother Reid, who passed away from an overdose on March 29, 2013, and saying clearly Reid didn't have a lot of fight in him. The angle has been the most-talked about story in pro-wrestling since it happened, virtually universally negative towards the company. It was done to set up a Divas Title match on Sunday between champion Charlotte and challenger Paige at the Survivor Series PPV.

Neither Ric Flair nor Ashley's mother Elizabeth were alerted in advance about the angle. Elizabeth was furious and posted publicly on Twitter. Ric Flair on his Woo Nation podcast noted he was very upset when watching it, and indicated that Ashley didn't have the tenure to say no to any angles or storylines presented to her. Flair's co-host Conrad stated publicly that the rumors it was Ashley's idea were 100% false.

We will update this story with the statement as soon as it is released.

Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez discuss the angle and fallout in detail on last night's Wrestling Observer Radio.

for fuck's sake

if you're a subscriber, I highly recommend listening to that Observer Radio. Dave rants for at least 40 minutes about how despicable this whole thing is

ESPN airs puff pieces about WWE now, look how much wrestling's taking off now it's a BOOM PERIOD

ffs

That's my understanding. Latest cheap heat podcast said they were fine with the angle and it would generate a lot of heat for paige and make charlotte a big babyface at survivor series.

Ithil

That's my understanding. Latest cheap heat podcast said they were fine with the angle and it would generate a lot of heat for paige and make charlotte a big babyface at survivor series.

I don't see anything directed towards Paige. All of it is negative towards WWE, the company, not Paige, the heel.

imBask

Banned
i'm ready to believe that Charlotte came up with that dumb angle, but i'm also pretty sure they were pressured into actually doing it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's the funny part is that Paige isn't getting any of the heat because everyone knows where it's coming from.

If we were in retro-verse and Reid had died and Russo made a similar statement during his feud with Ric, that would have gotten a ton of heat and built to the feud. Where as WWE is so scripted and streamlined and phony 'family friendly' that shit like this is so out of place that it's more baffling and cheap.

Top Bottom