• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Bronx-Man

Banned
5ZHk5iD.jpg
sf4xkOt.gif

Foffy

Banned
La Sombra in WWE? Hmmm..

I won't lie, he's a fancy motherfucker, but I wanted him to be with Naito and have a whole invasion angle in NJPW. :(

wW9VRGM.gif

L8OIi3g.gif

mE6C3PH.gif

lf6tUqB.gif

Well, that's about the last wrestler I expected to be in a J-Pop video. Except for Shibata, maybe. I imagine WWE would kill for this sort of mainstream crossover.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Does it just seem to me that WWE is using NXT to pick up the talented performers from TNA?

Not...really? I mean, they've got Samoa Joe and James Storm but mostly it seems like they're there to provide someone for the younger Indie guys they're signing to bounce off of and to sell some merch.

NXT's really gotten big over the last year, I'm expecting a lot of cameos in the Rumble this year. I think we had like 1 guy last year and the year before that, but with the popularity of guys like Zayn, Balor, Crews, etc. seems like they could feasibly put a bunch of them in to make the Rumble a little more exciting and a less of an obvious jobber fest.

Into

CUNaiQdUcAAGmIr.jpg

That's it. Lol

They are so fucking low rent carny shit that they cannot even -seem- apologetic, even for PR purposes. Maybe Vince is dancing on that boy's grave in the back, but at least pretend better to give a shit. No wonder they arent treated with any respect by advertisers, they fail at even being fake, which is some meta shit for wrestling.

The only thing Reid Flair and Diva's Revolution have in common is that they are both dead

klonere

Banned
Not...really? I mean, they've got Samoa Joe and James Storm but mostly it seems like they're there to provide someone for the younger Indie guys they're signing to bounce off of and to sell some merch.

NXT's really gotten big over the last year, I'm expecting a lot of cameos in the Rumble this year. I think we had like 1 guy last year and the year before that, but with the popularity of guys like Zayn, Balor, Crews, etc. seems like they could feasibly put a bunch of them in to make the Rumble a little more exciting and a less of an obvious jobber fest.

They are definitely gearing up for something with all the signings. I think the big tapings at the arena in Orlando pre-Rumble will be the beginning of a full force push to start making actual money out of NXT ie, touring, running bigger houses more often in big markets. I think they could tour the big cities and do very very well.

Well not just for ex-TNA talent but for those that showed obvious talent down there to actually showcase their talents in front of an actual audience and not in Universal.

The Divas Revolution is so dead, Chris Benoit's bible was found near its body.

I will say this- Whoever was in charge of this "revolution" has failed at almost every single decision that was made. This has been bungled form day one. It as if the same person who handled any big story line in the last decade was in charge.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
We should be clear that this scandal doesn't matter at all. It amounts to, WWE making the Flairs sad for 5 minutes - but Ric'll be back on the air soon enough and they're all lifers.

We're just shoveling shit around different corners of the same room.
Well said.

Savitar

I will say this- Whoever was in charge of this "revolution" has failed at almost every single decision that was made. This has been bungled form day one. It as if the same person who handled any big story line in the last decade was in charge.

Steph was in charge and..oh wait wait, the WWE has released a statement.

Seems that it was the Divas who pushed for how it went!

MC Safety

Maybe a few more three-on-three tag matches will change your mind.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

This is one of those things where people are gonna accuse me of just being a contrarian but what they actually did was basically just double the amount of time the women get, replace the women who can't wrestle with women who actually can wrestle, and demote the people who can't wrestle into full-time jobbers. The only thing they did "wrong" as far as I see it is give themselves like eight hundred pats on the back for doing it. And be sucky at plotting, but they have the same shitty plotlines as the men now - lest we forget Alberto Del Rio is running around with a half US/half Mexican flag calling people haters for not supporting his imaginary country for reasons.

If you straight-up replaced Charlotte with Sasha, I think people would feel completely differently, but that's because Sasha is more over with the smark crowds. But I don't think it was the wrong move: the Women's Division has been criticized for years for having nothing but catty bitches and Charlotte is a full-on babyface.

Well not just for ex-TNA talent but for those that showed obvious talent down there to actually showcase their talents in front of an actual audience and not in Universal.

Not sure I follow - I was just saying it doesn't really feel like a bunch of ex-TNA guys. The dudes with value from TNA don't work at TNA anymore as far as I know because TNA can't make payroll.

Bronx-Man

Banned
This is one of those things where people are gonna accuse me of just being a contrarian but what they actually did was basically just double the amount of time the women get, replace the women who can't wrestle with women who actually can wrestle, and demote the people who can't wrestle into full-time jobbers. The only thing they did "wrong" as far as I see it is give themselves like eight hundred pats on the back for doing it. And be sucky at plotting, but they have the same shit plotlines as the men now. Lest we forget Alberto Del Rio is running around with a half US/half Mexican flag calling people haters for not supporting his imaginary country for reasons.

If you straight-up replaced Charlotte with Sasha, I think people would feel completely differently, but that's because Sasha is more over with the smark crowds. But I don't think it was the wrong move: the Women's Division has been criticized for years for having nothing but catty bitches and Charlotte is a full-on babyface.
Think very carefully now: NXT's women division is praised while WWE's women division is criticized despite having those same NXT wrestlers. Why is this?

Angry Grimace

Think very carefully now: NXT's women division is praised while WWE's women division is criticized despite having those same NXT wrestlers. Why is this?

Because it has entirely different writers, and doesn't have an established continuity and characters, what's your point?

(Also because smarks lose their shit over even the dumbest shit in NXT because they decided well in advance NXT is better)

klonere

Banned
All I know about the women's main roster stuff is that I am back to skipping all of it or at least most of it. They haven't made me care about a single person, heel or babyface.

Fire all the writers.

Angry Grimace

All I know about the women's main roster stuff is that I am back to skipping all of it or at least most of it. They haven't made me care about a single person, heel or babyface.

Fire all the writers.

It doesn't seem any worse than the rest of the roster, especially now that they've kind of jettisoned the Bella's faction to just being jobbers and filler.

BAYLEY WINS!

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Top Bottom