• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
You guys hype for Eva tonight?

These two threads this and the OT are how I felt for years. Now the anger and backlash are coming out. RAW has been a joke since early 2003.

Then Borga pinned him with his pinky and I forget how Tatanka paid him back and ended Borga's undefeated streak, but I can assure you it was some bullshit.

My favorite Marvel character is probably Kraven, and that dude was all kinds of fucked up inside.
The pay back match was bullshit, it ended in DQ fashion when Yokozuna came in and beat up Tatanka then Lex came out to help Tatanka.

Fuck Tatanka was so fucking over with the crowd, the roar he got was probably 3rd tied with Macho Man(Bret, Lex, and Taker got the biggest pop).

Compared to Luger Tatanka could at least work and get the crowd rowdy. He could've been a great transitional champ.

Them they turned him heel smh

Menome

If Eva gets that title tonight, it makes an absolute mockery out of the hard work that's been put into the NXT Women's Division to make it a legitimate draw and not "LOL women's match, go make a sandwich time". She is not good enough at the actual wrestling/performing yet to earn that belt.

Maybe in the future she will be, but it is just not the right thing to do at the moment.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She will never be ready you don't just magically get good if you have no talent to begin with

klonere

Banned
If Eva gets that title tonight, it makes an absolute mockery out of the hard work that's been put into the NXT Women's Division to make it a legitimate draw and not "LOL women's match, go make a sandwich time". She is not good enough at the actual wrestling/performing yet to earn that belt.

Maybe in the future she will be, but it is just not the right thing to do at the moment.

Alexa is a better version of Eva in every single possible way.

And fuck off with "but she's the most booed heel in the world!!!" yeah in front of notoriously cunt smark fucks that have become as insufferable as Eva's actual matches.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
not clicking and fuck you for posting that even though I have no idea what it is

klonere

Banned

lIjXbLH.jpg

Ithil

Notes from the JR/Meltzer podcast:

JR's thoughts on Survivor Series and WWE in general:

- Sheamus is cold, and taking the title off him quickly will mean nothing. Reigns should be kept away from him til WM, and Sheamus needs to go on a tear from now til Mania to have a hope of being a hot heel.

- Doesn't like Reigns' super manpunch/spear combo, they're too similar in set-up, and Reigns hitting the punch then waiting for them to get back up to hit the spear looks foolish. Meltzer suggested he needs a submission finisher with the spear.

- Reigns should have (and Meltzer agreed) turned heel the day after WM 31 and become bitter at everyone.

- Feels Reigns is becoming predictable/repetitive in his late matches with the same set-ups, dangerous for a guy that young to stagnate.

- Titus O Neil has real charisma and needs a bigger role, despite his limitation in the ring. Meltzer suggested he needs a small and very skilled tag partner to complete him instead of Darren Young, similar to Gable and Jordan who have what the other lacks.

- Luke Harper is really underrated.

- Bray Wyatt should have turned babyface some time ago as an anti-authority rebel, baffled why they show and encourage the cellphone light entrance if he's a heel.

- Dolph Ziggler needs to take a sabbatical of 4-6 months, and completely re-invent himself look and character wise. He's very talented but been there so long in the same character the crowd takes him for granted.

- Divas butterfly belt needs to go immediately.

- Criticized the commentary but not the commentators, who are just doing what they're told. Meltzer lamented that they do not change intensity as the match ramps up, they have the same tone throughout.

- Thought Ambrose/Reigns needed to be much longer, and be very equal in offense with both guys getting a small amount of colour to sell the battle for the title, followed by sneaky heel Sheamus

- If Bryan can no longer wrestle, he should be retained as a trainer and producer. Meltzer said Bryan is one of WWE's best for PR situations because he's genuine and not phony.

- ZZ has to put up or shut up with getting in shape. No more just talking about it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Spear is a tackle, it was never a finisher, always should be a set-up move.

Plus it is Goldberg's move, nobody will ever do it as well as he hit that.

Angry Grimace

The Superman punch is a horrible move and he does another signature move that's just like it except he just forearms them and it apparently doesn't hurt. If he chained the punch + the spear it would be way cooler, but it would require the other guy to sell that the Superman Punch doesn't even knock you down.

This is all compounded by the spear being a horrible move that they should stop assigning to people.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

These two threads this and the OT are how I felt for years. Now the anger and backlash are coming out. RAW has been a joke since early 2003.

Stop being mad. NWA episodes are on the Network, and it's featuring a prime Flair. Nothing to frown about right now!

Notes from the JR/Meltzer podcast:
Spear into am armbar? Goldberg style?

Lawl I need to read that interview from Bret about how Goldberg made his matches.

He talked about how he would do good set up which focuses on the back but Goldberg would do an armbar then go for a Spear which made no sense.

Aiii

So not worth it
Spear into am armbar? Goldberg style?

Lawl I need to read that interview from Bret about how Goldberg made his matches.

He talked about how he would do good set up which focuses on the back but Goldberg would do an armbar then go for a Spear which made no sense.

Goldberg outdrew Bret Hart by a fuckton and then some. Bret would do well to remember that.

Just listening to JR's podcast and like people have posted, he mentioned Luke Harper as being underrated.

That reminded me of my thoughts on Luke Harper, and he's easy to forget because of how he's booked, but he's really great. The guy is an excellent heel. Definitely good enough to be where someone like Sheamus is right now, and he'd be better at it.

That thing he does where he yells ';YEAHHHHHHH' when he hits a good spot is perfect. He looks like he's actually out of his mind and dangerous. A lot of fun to watch.

So that's my suggestion for most underrated of the year. Hope they push him in a singles run at some point. I was eager when they gave him the IC last year, but they didn't do anything with it beyond that Ziggler match, which was distinctive. They should give him a run at that again or even the WWE championship. I mean if we're putting Sheamus there, why not?

Just listening to JR's podcast and like people have posted, he mentioned Luke Harper as being underrated.

That reminded me of my thoughts on Luke Harper, and he's easy to forget because of how he's booked, but he's really great. The guy is an excellent heel. Definitely good enough to be where someone like Sheamus is right now, and he'd be better at it.

That thing he does where he yells ';YEAHHHHHHH' when he hits a good spot is perfect. He looks like he's actually out of his mind and dangerous. A lot of fun to watch.

So that's my suggestion for most underrated of the year. Hope they push him in a singles run at some point. I was eager when they gave him the IC last year, but they didn't do anything with it beyond that Ziggler match, which was distinctive. They should give him a run at that again or even the WWE championship. I mean if we're putting Sheamus there, why not?

Harper was also a good base for Chikara's dubious brand of lucha. And his big boot is definitely okay.

I'm sure someone will come in to say how dangerous and reckless he is because he hurt Bryan.

klonere

Banned
Harper was also a good base for Chikara's dubious brand of lucha. And his big boot is definitely okay.

I'm sure someone will come in to say how dangerous and reckless he is because he hurt Bryan.

no Bryan is just a stupid midget with a stupid beard and a fanbase that has ruined wrestling FOREVER. WE COULD HAD BATISTA VS ORTON GODDAMNIT.

Just as stupid as Sting was for taking the bucklebomb

Top Bottom