• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
We almost got it. Macho had a complete storyline scripted from beginning to end with him and Vince shut it down ;_;
I like how Vince really pushed the New Gen movement but you had King, Million Dollar Man, Piper, and IRS really going strong. I guess it's because they weren't built like action figures he could do things with them.

Bull Nakano is still fucking scary to this day.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think the objection this person has is that Roman comes from a priveleged race and is benefiting from WWE'S long history of promoting different cultures. Shame he couldn't make it on his own merits like a white guy would.

Is this where I complain that being an adult white male is the true minority in 2015?

DMczaf

I like how Vince really pushed the New Gen movement but you had King, Million Dollar Man, Piper, and IRS really going strong. I guess it's because they weren't built like action figures he could do things with them.

Bull Nakano is still fucking scary to this day.

Imagine Macho Man working programs with HBK, Bret, Razor, Owen.... God damn 94-96 Macho Man would have killed it as the veteran with gas still left in his tank

klonere

Banned
We get to hung up on fake sports. The entertainment is real and Steve's point is that Cesaro is entertaining and should be given a spotlight to do just that

His idea of going in and not giving a damn about the politics when he gets back is a quick ticket to Superstars and then a run as champ. RoH champ, when he gets released.

Cesaro has peaked and its never getting any better, the company can only push one guy at a time, its all they are capable of.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I know Boots will agree with me, but Billy Jack Haynes has such an awesome look. He looks rough and ready, the absolute definition of it. He's also pretty good in the ring, moves incredibly crisp and looks powerful with everything he does. The only drawback is due to that, he tends to look a little stiff. Still, it works for his character and he's just fucking awesome.

Imagine Macho Man working programs with HBK, Bret, Razor, Owen.... God damn 94-96 Macho Man would have killed it as the veteran with gas still left in his tank
Yeah history would've been different. Only thing is, we wouldn't have got that WM X ladder match. Bret claims that Shawn took the idea of the ladder match from him so who know if it would've been given to he and Owen(who knows). But Macho could've really gave the rub to Michaels and Hart showing they're ready to lead the new generation.

Diesel and Razor had to go on after a great match between Bull and Blaze lol.

Aiii

So not worth it
His idea of going in and not giving a damn about the politics when he gets back is a quick ticket to Superstars and then a run as champ. RoH champ, when he gets released.

Cesaro has peaked and its never getting any better, the company can only push one guy at a time, its all they are capable of.

Jericho in his book claims the second he stopped being overlooked is the second he started mouthing off to Vince. Punk has said similar things. Several others here and there as well. Even Vince himself referred to this with his Brass Ring comments on SCSA's vodcast.

But Austin's point is simple, Cesaro has nothing to lose, only several years left to be on top and if he needs to do something now, so why not just do it?

klonere

Banned
Jericho in his book claims the second he stopped being overlooked is the second he started mouthing off to Vince. Punk has said similar things. Several others here and there as well. Even Vince himself referred to this with his Brass Ring comments on SCSA's vodcast.

But Austin's point is simple, Cesaro has nothing to lose, only several years left to be on top and if he needs to do something now, so why not just do it?

With his dumb accent and stupid smirk? Vince will laugh him out of the office into NJPW

Man, I know Boots will agree with me, but Billy Jack Haynes has such an awesome look. He looks rough and ready, the absolute definition of it. He's also pretty good in the ring, moves incredibly crisp and looks powerful with everything he does. The only drawback is due to that, he tends to look a little stiff. Still, it works for his character and he's just fucking awesome.

Wrestler-Billy-Jack-Haynes-Wearing-Cap.jpg

Now that's a goddamn wrestler body

klonere

Banned
Oh god I'm gimmick posting I really like Cesaro and wish he'd get a nice solid push but there are so many fundamental issues with the main roster that'll never happen and I don't care that much anymore I have NXT

OK I still care

Why are you chanting USA because Tatanka beat up Luger and aligned with Ted.

They're both American and Tatanka is the actual true American. He's Native you idiots.

Striker

Why are you chanting USA because Tatanka beat up Luger and aligned with Ted.

They're both American and Tatanka is the actual true American. He's Native you idiots.
Wrasslin' fans

I was watching the Bret-Yokozuna feud a while ago and in their contract signing, they chanted USA over and over for a Canadian.

Wrasslin' fans

I was watching the Bret-Yokozuna feud a while ago and in their contract signing, they chanted USA over and over for a Canadian.
Don't get me started on that shit.

The moment you realize that Yokozuna is actually American
😂😂😂

It's funny everytime Mabel comes out and Vince tries to be hip. It's similar to everytime R-Truth comes out and JBL says what's up. So out of tune.

espher

I was thinking it might be a fun thought exercise to go back a PPV and re-do what should have happened on each week's RAW/SD (mostly RAW because SD just seems like the knockoff re-run) to build up to the next PPV, but with the matchups/outcomes at the PPV being almost entirely the same. Like, how you would plot week over week to have the Wyatts lose to Taker/Kane, Ambrose lose to Reigns lose to Sheamus, etc., but have equal or higher buy-in for the fans either with people as faces or heels.

But then I plotted out some not fucking complicated at all scenarios and I just became further enraged with the product.

Why did I start watching WWE again this year? :(

Carnby

You wouldn't have this problem if you taught your son Carny at an early age.

Now you have a mark for a son. Congrats!

What's funny is he loves the action figures and video games but hates watching the real thing. Because it's boring.

The USA chant has basically always been for jingoist white racists to chant. Which is why Reddit and other ISEC take such umbrage with Roman representing it.

I know right? BJH was the template, perfected, for a good wrasslin' fed.

The hat was a bit goofy, but he had a good look overall and it helped him stand out - I think one of his only real flaws was that he was too softly spoken, he didn't often show the attitude that some of his peers possessed in spades (Piper & Rose especially). Really enjoyed what I've seen of his feud with Rip Oliver in Portland, though. Rip was quite soft spoken himself, but he brought the best out in Billy Jack.

Incidentally, he recently challenged Stone Cold to a UFC fight and the video, ah...sure is something, lol;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfqCFJSFrPk

So my fiancée thought I was talking to another woman because I'm in here talking to you all so late at night 😂

WrassleGAF it's been real

Top Bottom