• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I'm not sure if I like how it risks New Day's charm, but when desperate for both ratings + heat this is a good way to start the show.

"Wait, New Day hates Reigns? Why would they? It must be ironically! Okay, I'm on board with Reigns, too, if New Days says so!"

And yeah, don't steal Ambrose's gimmick of running off with the belt. No good came of it and that was despite it being in characters.

Dion314

Neo Member
Naw, he need to cut promos as he the main face in the company right now.

True.

So to correct my previous statement, THAT was what he needed to do AT THAT MOMENT. The promo was already dragging on so we don't need another guy that's not great on the mic after 10 minutes. Just get in there and Shut up the obnoxious heel

Fox318

A fucking stolen belt angle again? The WWE needs an enema.

OBip9Zfl.jpg

memories

Looked like it was a sneak attack, hit and run from behind. Along with stealing the belt, that's more of a Heel move than a Face move.

Sheamus sneak attacked Roman to win the belt in the first place. Roman sneak attacked Sheamus and took the belt back, and will likely make the bloviating heel look like a jackass later tonight with some kind of humiliation, then get beaten down next week. Faces have been doing that for a long fucking time.

Heroman

Banned
True.

So to correct my previous statement, THAT was what he needed to do AT THAT MOMENT. The promo was already dragging on so we don't need another guy that's not great on the mic after 10 minutes. Just get in there and Shut up the obnoxious heel
The problem right now is he has hasn't given a promo that you would expect yoirntop bady to give yet. I mean for dude who won the belt and for it to be taken away so fast he seem pretty chill on it.

Fox318

Rightfully theirs.

I can't help but feel we are stuck in evolution era HHH 24/7 as long as he is a figurehead with Steph.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
thats fine im actualy expecting HHH or Lesnar to actually win the rumble this year

I hope not, Brock doesn't need the Rumble. He's a special attraction, don't put him in the main event scene again.

I'd have Ambrose win the Rumble. Reigns v Ambrose is your Mania match.

Fox318

Can someone tell me how often reigns matches end with interference?

Considering the cheers he just got I say Vince changes his mind and puts the belt on Reigns on Raw.

Or Steph comes out tells Reigns to lay down and he does because Steph is the heel that will never get her comeuppance.

Didn't Dolph sign a new contract recently?

Dude needs to throw everything he's currently doing out the window and figure out his fucking life. He'll never be a main eventer, but he could at least be someone who doesn't make you want to change the damn channel and do your medical terminology homework you've been putting off for weeks.

TraBuch

Banned
Hey guys, I just cancelled my WWE Network subscription and took Raw off my list of DVR recordings. It feels good. I'm gonna miss NXT now but eh, I can't in good conscience give money to the WWE. I'll see you in January when LU starts!

I hope not, Brock doesn't need the Rumble. He's a special attraction, don't put him in the main event scene again.

I'd have Ambrose win the Rumble. Reigns v Ambrose is your Mania match.

well if the original rumors were true before Rollins got injured it was gonna be Rollins VS HHH for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at mania this year. Wouldnt surprise me if they jsut sub in reigns for Rollins and go the same route granted that also means Sheamus reign wont be long :(

Hey guys, I just cancelled my WWE Network subscription and took Raw off my list of DVR recordings. It feels good. I'm gonna miss NXT now but eh, I can't in good conscience give money to the WWE. I'll see you in January when LU starts!

You in the USA? NXT is on Hulu, and you get the Criterion collection with it, to boot.

dream

Looked like it was a sneak attack, hit and run from behind. Along with stealing the belt, that's more of a Heel move than a Face move.

I think you're missing the subtext of that segment, which is not your fault because it was very subtle. What happened was Sheamus was being very annoying, which is something bad guys do. So when Roman hit him, he was doing what a good guy would do.

Dion314

Neo Member

Dude needs to throw everything he's currently doing out the window and figure out his fucking life. He'll never be a main eventer, but he could at least be someone who doesn't make you want to change the damn channel and do your medical terminology homework you've been putting off for weeks.

Seriously. He has everything. He just needs a gimmick. I like him as a heel but with the way he sells, he's a much better face. If only he had some direction

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

I think my biggest problem with him is that all his matches are the same. He never gets in any real offense and it's totally a bore. Win or lose, his matches follow the same beats every time.

Fox318

Honestly if it wasn't for the NXT special this month I'd cancel the network as well.

Plus shit like the Austin Podcasts being taped and I assume edited for Vince, Steph, and HHH taste doesn't leave me hopeful for future content.

I don't understand this at all. Maybe it's because I'm a relatively fresh pair of eyes to some of you, but Brock Lesnar has been the only thing I've actually been excited to watch and that was at its peak during his championship run. Now that he beat Taker, the damage to him that was done during that feud is gone and pretty much all I want to see is Brock win the rumble or whatever - I don't care what he does, but there isn't anybody big left for him to face, so I'd rather he just take the belt again and show up every 2-3 months to defend it until they've actually got an entertaining star who is worth it.

All these jokers have absolutely nothing on Brock, at least for me.

Toki767

They must be wondering how much of a draw Reigns possibly winning the title is if they're putting a title match on tonight. The title hasn't be on the line on a Raw in forever.

Ithil

They must be wondering how much of a draw Reigns possibly winning the title is if they're putting a title match on tonight. The title hasn't be on the line on a Raw in forever.

Problem is they basically just announced it's not a real title match, just an angle.

They tease title matches like this pretty regularly. Usually with some bullshit stipulation or the match just flat out doesn't go ahead. Nothing will happen.

somedevil

Honestly if it wasn't for the NXT special this month I'd cancel the network as well.

Plus shit like the Austin Podcasts being taped and I assume edited for Vince, Steph, and HHH taste doesn't leave me hopeful for future content.

The Austin podcasts that are taped are for Michaels and Ric Flair. We know everything about there stories. What needs editing?

Fox318

I think he could have been a main eventer but that Rusev feud was the worst fucking shit ever.

He will get his cheers from the women and children and I think he is talented enough to be a main eventer but he needs something different. Maybe part of it is him being toned town with no more hip thrusts and show off shit because of the PG rating but something needs to change.

Honestly I could say the same about Rusev but I think he is slightly better in the ring.

I don't understand this at all. Maybe it's because I'm a relatively fresh pair of eyes to some of you, but Brock Lesnar has been the only thing I've actually been excited to watch and that was at its peak during his championship run. Now that he beat Taker, the damage to him that was done during that feud is gone and pretty much all I want to see is Brock win the rumble or whatever - I don't care what he does, but there isn't anybody big left for him to face, so I'd rather he just take the belt again and show up every 2-3 months to defend it until they've actually got an entertaining star who is worth it.

All these jokers have absolutely nothing on Brock, at least for me.

it really is crazy just how much better Lesnar looks then everybody else on the roster the guy is a once in a lifetime wrestler.

Top Bottom