• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
It was speculated that Jerry Jarrett may be working with the new Classic Wrestling Revolution promotion in Las Vegas or possibly working with his son at Global Force Wrestling as the two are back on speaking terms. Jerry won't be working with CWR or GFW as he's heading up a new 13-week wrestling series that will be similar to WWE Tough Enough or the "wrestling version" of American Idol.

Jarrett's team will be visiting different independent wrestling promotions to do a talent search and will soon be calling on indie wrestlers to submit their audition tapes. The idea is to then invite 30-50 talents in to begin the process. The competitions will likely take place at smaller indie promotions with a few special events ran from major markets such as Las Vegas, Orlando or New York City. The finalists from the smaller markets would then compete against each other at the major market events. The idea is to then do a tour with the winners of the competition, some of the finalists and a few established wrestlers that have been with WWE or TNA, or worked in Japan in the past.

Regarding the actual competitions, indie wrestlers will perform in the ring, in front of a three-judge panel. If there's a botch or something the judges don't like, they will have a buzzer that they can stop the match with.

A rare decision worse than Joining The Force

Ithil

The jobber they had out for Eva Marie looked better than her, and I think she's been in wrestling since like April.

somedevil

The jobber they had out for Eva Marie looked better than her, and I think she's been in wrestling since like April.

Gionna Daddio. I think she has been wrestling for a year now. She was a house show exclusive until now.

edit: the mood lighting is new.

Ithil

20151104204305svumw.jpg

Finn has a fan.

UberTag

they were already doing that at survivor series

you'll know it for certain when seth limps out on crutches for a promo on monday, sheamus cashes in immediately and then he loses the title to Reigns at Survivor Series.

(then ambrose wins the rumble and seth comes back before mania saying he never got his rematch and they do the triple threat)

georgelucaspoetry.gif
I like your booking, friend. Shame the WWE will come up with something far worse.

Foffy

Banned
Dragged their careers to HELL

This was their plan.

Bryan was sent to hell by Kane, as was Rollins. Kane only fell to one man during the Rumble: Reigns.

This was Vince's plan: use Kane to eliminate the good top wrestlers who were champs, and make way for Roman.

You can't boo him if they have nobody else, can you? See how this works?

WON HALL OF FAME 2015

The newcomers to the Hall of Fame are Brock Lesnar, arguably the biggest current pro wrestling star in the world, Shinsuke Nakamura, last year's Wrestler of the Year, the recently deceased Perro Aguayo Jr., one of the best tag teams of the 60s in the Masked Assassins of Jody Hamilton & Tom Renesto, Ivan Koloff, one of the top three heels of the 1970s, Puerto Rico's all-time biggest star Carlos Colon, and former Montreal promoter Eddie Quinn.

Dthomp

What happened at the end of that Eva match? Did she trip, and fall, so the cute jobber just sold it anyway?

No, I think that was actually her new finisher to replace her old bad version of Sliced bread. Looked like a running downward spiral.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i mean...that was like the perfect time. way to miss your chance fella

You can no longer cash in when a performer isn't physically able to do the match. So no more cashing in when they're out cold or in this case, possibly have a broken leg or whatever. Unless the ref happens to be Triple Haitch and you happen to be a member of the newly formed authority.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kane also used his powers to bury Punk, who walked out after being told he'd be his opponent at the next PPV.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No matter how many lightning bolts, pyros, theatrics you throw in a WWE entrance, it'll never top a Mike Tyson walk.

Just some bad music and a bad man out to devour your children and eat your heart.

Ithil

"Perro Aguayo Jr, top Rudo and founder of one of the most successfully popular lucha stables of all time. Famous across CMLL and AAA"
WON:
"Perro Aguayo Jr. He died recently"

If you want the actual part concerning him:

Aguayo Jr., born Pedro Aguayo Jr., was the son of probably the biggest non-masked pro wrestling star ever in Mexico, the original Pedro "Perro" Aguayo. Because of who his father is, he started out as a star from his first match at the age of 15. He was main eventing quickly after that, including holding the Mexican national tag team titles with his father at the age of 18.

Because of who his father was, he was a natural babyface at the start. But he gained his greatest fame as the top rudo in Mexico for more than a decade. He was one of AAA's biggest stars for years, before going to CMLL in 2003, where he quickly became the best drawing heel in the country, facing such stars as Mistico and El Hijo del Santo. He formed Los Perros Del Mal, a heel group with Damian 666, Halloween and Hector Garza, whose T-shirt became the best selling pro wrestling shirt ever in that country.

He left CMLL in 2008 to try and start his own promotion, which didn't do well. He joined AAA in 2010 as its top heel, and was set to feud with Rey Mysterio Jr., including headlining this year's TripleMania, when he passed away on March 20, 2015, at the age of 35.

There is no argument that his death is what led to him being voted in, but when studying his career, he was very clearly a Hall of Fame talent and draw, even though at times his personal issues threatened to derail him from truly reaching his potential. Realistically, only at times did he even come close to reaching it, and was really starting to hit a new peak as a star at the time of his death, as the program with Mysterio Jr. would have been one of the hottest of his career. Like his father, he was destined to be one of the most beloved stars when he got older and turned.

There's also a lengthy article by Steve Sims on his whole career.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's nice, they should have mentioned some of that briefly in the blurb rather than just the fact that he died recently.

Heroman

Banned
Just watched that Eva match. Mind you, my first Eva match.

What a fucking awful awful waste of time and space. Strike, stiff celebration, strike, pose...

Except she has the charisma of a rock and can't even connect a single fucking move. Did you guys see that closeline? Her arm was only bent half way before blondie ducked it.

Fuck i am so fuck...what the fuck.

I have beef with liquid now. That dude wants to have a heart to heart with her and tell her shes doing all the right things.
She is so bad.

jNb9G9X.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So was Kana always female Ultimate Warrior because that's what I'm getting now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Looks fine to me. We call that deliberate. She's the thinking woman's competitor. A cerebral assassin who doesn't need any fancy dancy hippie indie shit to win.

Foffy

Banned
She is so bad.

jNb9G9X.gif

When will they end these attempts? She will never get over, even to the Total Diva marks.

At least the Bellas, as vapid as they are with ring work, have more nepotism that helps them get over.

Eva Marie couldn't sell me fucking toothpaste. She has much charisma for wrestling as I do for being left in a space station.

Why is wwe studios a thing

No revenue estimates are in for the 2015 movies. For the 2014 movies, "Scooby Doo! WrestleMania Mystery" turned a $1,600,000 profit; "Oculus" lost $1,900,000; "Road to Paloma" made $100,000; "Leprechaun: Origins" made $200,000; "See No Evil 2" made $100,000; and "Jingle All The Way 2" made $100,000. If you factor in administration costs, the studio is still a money loser, but not at the level it was a few years ago.

Top Bottom