• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Zach

The ticketing industry sucks. And scalping sucks. I'm just saying it's silly to make things up like they're working together.

Mahonay

Banned
It was a shoot.

Becky Lynch thinks everything is a shoot.
It's a problem.

nxt_282_photo_14-3818wzq51.jpg

It's the fucking worst. When shit-tier indies have better distribution than you do, it's time to wise the fuck up

I love Pivotshare for life now. All the damn Indies should use it. There's even some promotions I like that have clearly filmed shows, but just don't know how to edit/release them yet.

Also Indy wrestling should be cheap. The production values are ass. I'm not fooled, y'all ain't 2006 PWG

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, I only say this after I saw the glee on a 10 year old boy's face as I died again and again in his torturous, pixel-perfect hell world. There's clearly something to it.

For the adults out there, I offer an alternative with a similar feel of satisfaction: Invite some friends and family over and cook them a delicious meal.

"I did it for the bald kid! I did it for the bald kid!"

I love Pivotshare for life now. All the damn Indies should use it. There's even some promotions I like that have clearly filmed shows, but just don't know how to edit/release them yet.

Also Indy wrestling should be cheap. The production values are ass. I'm not fooled, y'all ain't 2006 PWG
They're really pushing it now, as they should.

https://pivotshare.com/wrestling/

The range of tiers of indies on there is insane. No-one can pretend they don't fit.
complete forgot Jake Roberts wrestled in PWG

https://youtu.be/n0qPpPELSgo?t=1m54s

Those Russelreunion shows are weird AF

So many promotions. All boring to me! *slam*

And Muta misting the shit out of Scott Lost was hiiiilarious.

Also wtf at that Punk gif

Just left Akira Yamaoaka on his Silent Hill live tour a half hour early tonight folks. Wasn't so good. Akira seems to be having fun but shy nerd crowd, cheesey location vocalist doing patter between songs and a focus on the bland rock themes of the series made me pretty bored. I hope he is making his money on this but yeah, first and last vg related concert for me I think.

Here's hoping WWE live tomorrow night will be a better dive into nerd ass bs I should know better of.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just left Akira Yamaoaka on his Silent Hill live tour a half hour early tonight folks. Wasn't so good. Akira seems to be having fun but shy nerd crowd, cheesey location vocalist doing patter between songs and a focus on the bland rock themes of the series made me pretty bored. I hope he is making his money on this but yeah, first and last vg related concert for me I think.

Here's hoping WWE live tomorrow night will be a better dive into nerd ass bs I should know better of.

Kinda stinks. I love that guy.

SNEAK PEEK: A brand new ‪#‎TableFor3‬ featuring Natalya - WWE Universe, Tamina - WWE, and WWE Divas Champion Charlotte - WWE airs TONIGHT on WWE Network, right after WWE NXT!

The heck? Who wants to watch that?

Saw it Sunday, and I had a good time, though I agree on the crowd/patter problems, pretty tone deaf after the first couple of times to keep going with it. Playing some of the other stuff live was always going to be a struggle.

The heck? Who wants to watch that?

If they go real and ask Nattie how it was growing up with Jim Neidhart as her dad, ask Charlotte what it was like growing up with Ric Flair as her dad, and Tamina how growing up with alleged murderer Jimmy Snuka as her dad was, then we have something. But this is a work, so this Table for 3 is not particularly appealing.

ngower

Total tangent, sorry for breaking up the flow, but...I was into wrasslin when I was younger and then fell off the bandwagon. Have been getting back into it slowly over the past few years. A former boss of mine is a HUGE wrasslin fan and we chat about it from time to time. Growing up, Jeff Hardy was my dude and while I understand he was kind of a mess in his personal life, I thought he was a totally fine wrestler in the ring and think the WWE saw it that way too with the amount of titles he held. My former boss, however, seems to think Hardy represents everything that's wrong with the WWE and thinks he's not good at all and can't carry a story and just pretty much has nothing nice to say about him. I'm just curious what the general consensus is on Hardy? Is he really this polarizing? Cause every old match I watch it seems like the fans love him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Total tangent, sorry for breaking up the flow, but...I was into wrasslin when I was younger and then fell off the bandwagon. Have been getting back into it slowly over the past few years. A former boss of mine is a HUGE wrasslin fan and we chat about it from time to time. Growing up, Jeff Hardy was my dude and while I understand he was kind of a mess in his personal life, I thought he was a totally fine wrestler in the ring and think the WWE saw it that way too with the amount of titles he held. My former boss, however, seems to think Hardy represents everything that's wrong with the WWE and thinks he's not good at all and can't carry a story and just pretty much has nothing nice to say about him. I'm just curious what the general consensus is on Hardy? Is he really this polarizing? Cause every old match I watch it seems like the fans love him.

He turned into a fucking mess so bad that Sting had to shoot pin him in seconds in TNA. He's cleaned up since and would be welcome, no doubt. And he was super over.

If they go real and ask Nattie how it was growing up with Jim Neidhart as her dad, ask Charlotte what it was like growing up with Ric Flair as her dad, and Tamina how growing up with alleged murderer Jimmy Snuka as her dad was, then we have something. But this is a work, so this Table for 3 is not particularly appealing.
That's cold
I grew up liking the Hardys(I was 6 when I remembered their first appearance). As time grew, my care for them changed except Matt, I always liked Matt. Long story short, fuck Jeff Harvey. Idgaf about TNA but how do you even so such a thing in what's possibly the biggest match of your career(or one of them). Not only did you disrespect Sting, you disrespected the 50 fans who paid to see you.

Saw it Sunday, and I had a good time, though I agree on the crowd/patter problems, pretty tone deaf after the first couple of times to keep going with it. Playing some of the other stuff live was always going to be a struggle.

Yeah I'm not knocking Akira Yamaoaka, he's great and his friendly stage presence was a plus tonight. Just the overall show didn't work for me for the reasons I said. Glad to see him out getting that money. I'm fine with putting a little bit in his bank balance for the mild pleasure I got out of the start of the show, and all the great silent hill memories.

Alucard

Banned
Dudes, my youtube channel has averaged 27,000 hits per day over the past 3 days. Things are looking up. Should be able to be my own boss in another 2-3 years.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is Ambrose/Owens going down? That would be sweet and it seemed like they were going that way with the way the Raw main event went.

In which case, if you're catching up on old stuff, the Super Dragon/El Generico compilations might be worth a shout?

yea think i might get the super dragon complitation, been wanting to see more of him.

also thingking about getting one of the Euro shows they did

got the PWG sells out 3 one last year. highly recomend it if you want a good sampler of PWG

klonere

Banned
Is Ambrose/Owens going down? That would be sweet and it seemed like they were going that way with the way the Raw main event went.

god i just hope they let Ambrose off the leash in promos for this feud. It could be fucking amazing if they just let each other go at it on the mic.

Aiii

So not worth it
god i just hope they let Ambrose off the leash in promos for this feud. It could be fucking amazing if they just let each other go at it on the mic.

Sure. And then a magic leprechaun will ride in on a unicorn and resurrect Eddie Guerrero for one more WWE run.

Top Bottom