• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

bjork

clipboard017frub.jpg

What a match!

lol @ lance's face.

Harley got him up for this with such ease, he even held him up there for a split second so Andre could brace his arm to break his fall. I think Seiji Sakaguchi was the first to slam Andre, but that was a few years earlier when Andre was in better shape.

Yeah, it's not like a Hulk Hogan half-slam, but more like Cesaro's way of actually holding a giant for an impressive amount of time. I mean, Harley looks pretty strong, but sheesh, he's still way stronger than he looks. And prime Andre had less fat, but more muscle, so maybe it was balanced out and he still weighed roughly the same? Either way, impressive feat by Sakaguchi.

Have you got a link to a match between Harley and Andre? I can only find images, pfft. But I'm curious!

Recall

2002 was the start of the downfall for I, the crowds seemed to care less too and the downward spiral continued with 2003 and 2004.

I hate 2003 WWE with a passion. It was a fun year watching ROH but WWE was just everyone doing the bare minimum and Triple H killed a lot of the fun too.

Mahonay

Banned
2002 was the start of the downfall for I, the crowds seemed to care less too and the downward spiral continued with 2003 and 2004.

I hate 2003 WWE with a passion. It was a fun year watching ROH but WWE was just everyone doing the bare minimum and Triple H killed a lot of the fun too.
2003 was when I full out stopped watching wrestling up until 2013. Started watching NJPW early 2013 and then I couldn't resist seeing what was going on with WWE. Now I'm 100 percent back in for whatever reason.

Recall

2003 was when I full out stopped watching wrestling up until 2013. Started watching NJPW early 2013 and then I couldn't resist seeing what was going on with WWE. Now I'm 100 percent back in for whatever reason.

I just watched WWE less and less and started ramping up watching American indies and NOAH, 2003 NOAH is fucking god like seriously it was incredible.

I stopped watched all wrestling in 2007 with the whole Benoit murder/suicide awfulness being the reason and my general boredom with the Indy tropes by then too. 2011 was when I started being curious by the WWE again mostly due to seeing Punk being in the spotlight.

bjork

Was that during his debut? I always found that really odd.

I was at his house show debut, about a month prior. What a weird ass card for someone who'd fallen out of watching. Had no idea Rey was even coming, had never seen Orton, didn't know why D-Von was a minister or what this Deacon dude was about, and Hulk wearing Kurt Angle's wig and headgear after their match. Weird weird time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My life got super busy right around the Invasion PPV and I stopped watching wrestling pretty much until 2008 or so, when I'd infrequently catch raw.

Mahonay

Banned
I just watched WWE less and less and started ramping up watching American indies and NOAH, 2003 NOAH is fucking god like seriously it was incredible.

I stopped watched all wrestling in 2007 with the whole Benoit murder/suicide awfulness being the reason and my general boredom with the Indy tropes by then too. 2011 was when I started being curious by the WWE again mostly due to seeing Punk being in the spotlight.
I was always bummed out that I missed out on all of the other good wrestling going on outside of WWE during the time I just stopped watching. It's nice that I've been able to catch up on a lot of that now since you can find almost anything online.

Before then the only non-WWF thing I watched was ECW. Loved that shit so much. Some of those matches, ring work wise, was so much deeper than anything you'd get in a WWF ring from 97' to 99'. Really formed my overall tastes that I still have in pro-wrestling.

I watched some WCW here and there but not nearly as much.

bjork

That sounds brutal.

It was an okay show, but the reason I went initially was because they advertised Hogan v. Flair. Flair got injured or something prior to the show, and I wasn't super familiar with Angle, either. But the show itself was okay. HHH/Y2J in a chainlink cage as the main event, and some other stuff I don't recall. Maybe a swimsuit thing?

Recall

I was always bummed out that I missed out on all of the other good wrestling going on outside of WWE during the time I just stopped watching. It's nice that I've been able to catch up on a lot of that now since you can find almost anything online.

Before then the only non-WWF thing I watched was ECW. Loved that shit so much. Some of those matches, ring work wise, was so much deeper than anything you'd get in a WWF ring from 97' to 99'. Really formed my overall taste that I still have in pro-wrestling.

I got into WCW and ECW both just as they ended so I took up collecting every ECW show on VHS and random WCW shows. I enjoyed everything about ECW even the years where people say it had stopped being good, it was just different enough and new enough to me it was all very entertaining.

bjork

Before then the only non-WWF thing I watched was ECW. Loved that shit so much. Some of those matches, ring work wise, was so much deeper than anything you'd get in a WWF ring from 97' to 99'. Really formed my overall tastes that I still have in pro-wrestling.

what

Mahonay

Banned
I got into WCW and ECW both just as they ended so I took up collecting every ECW show on VHS and random WCW shows. I enjoyed everything about ECW even the years where people say it had stopped being good, it was just different enough and new enough to me it was all very entertaining.
Yep still enjoyed 2000 ECW even if it's considered to be shittier.

Favorite thing about the Network has been watching all of the 96'-97' WCW that I missed out on.

I have trouble watching the Network versions of the ECW PPVs since all of the music is missing, which was a huge part of the show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

1997 is a great in ring year for WWF. It only really falls off at the very end because Shawn is a broken shell, Bret is gone, and the attitude era crash tv is starting to form.

1998-1999 have very few WWF matches worth watching for in ring work, even though some of them are wildly entertaining.

Top Bottom