• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Recall

Yep still enjoyed 2000 ECW even if it's considered to be shittier.

Favorite thing about the Network has been watching all of the 96'-97' WCW that I missed out on.

I have trouble watching the Network versions of the ECW PPVs since all of the music is missing, which was a huge part of the show.

ECW on the network just isn't really worth watching as I agree it just is far too neutered with the crowd edits and such.

WCW is something I genuinely know very little about and it's all pretty much new, I've seen the big shows everyone automatically suggests but I like finding those shows that might not be incredible but fun and entertaining for the whole duration. Haven't found too many but it's been an enjoyable discovery process.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SS last year was an absolute star making performance by Ziggler...and then everyone dropped the ball on it. Mainly because Ziggler can't sustain any success because of his stale face character but also they had no good authority heel to feud with him.

Nocturnowl exposing the fucking business

BHBQttw.gif

Recall

SS last year was an absolute star making performance by Ziggler...and then everyone dropped the ball on it. Mainly because Ziggler can't sustain any success because of his stale face character but also they had no good authority heel to feud with him.

Or that the WWE don't know how to book long term stories. Ziggler's performance was for nothing as the writers squandered it.

Mahonay

Banned
I always saw ECW as a spotfest, aside from a handful of exceptions for its entire existence.
It was unique at the time. Things like New Jack running out like an insane person with Natural Born Killaz blasting, the whole place just going bananas, me just thinking "oh fuck New Jack is going to actually kill someone".

It was near I'm dear to me at the time.

Sephzilla

Ziggler had nothing to do with the ball being dropped after SS last year. Creative retconned the SS finale basically a few weeks later in an angle Ziggler wasn't even involved in, because everything needs to revolve around Cena. Ziggler really never had a chance to do anything with the SS momentum.

Gonzalez

Banned
Or that the WWE don't know how to book long term stories. Ziggler's performance was for nothing as the writers squandered it.

I thought it was because Ziggler was put into Roman's spot at the last minute because of Reigns emergency surgery. They had no intention of giving Mr. Ziggles a major part in future stories, they just needed a place holder.

bjork

It was unique at the time. Things like New Jack running out like an insane person with Natural Born Killaz blasting, the whole place just going bananas, me just thinking "oh fuck New Jack is going to actually kill someone".

It was near I'm dear to me at the time.

It was unique, and I really enjoyed some of the stuff they did with the storylines. But once the initial "he's hitting that dude with a [object]" wore off, for me ECW was more the promos than anything in the ring. Which sounds weird to say, since I dislike current WWE promos so much.

Recall

I liked Jerry Lynn in ECW a lot. I know it is an unpopular opinion but he entertained me often and I liked the odd way he ran the ropes. Cradle pile driver was dope.

imBask

Banned
Folks, i've had more fun watching Bob Ross on Twitch than i've had watching WWE in a while, eventhough the last 2 RAWs were alright

that's sad

Mahonay

Banned
It was unique, and I really enjoyed some of the stuff they did with the storylines. But once the initial "he's hitting that dude with a [object]" wore off, for me ECW was more the promos than anything in the ring. Which sounds weird to say, since I dislike current WWE promos so much.
I was like 12-13 then and ECW was god damn magical to me. Didn't see any of the flaws at the time.

bjork

Folks, i've had more fun watching Bob Ross on Twitch than i've had watching WWE in a while, eventhough the last 2 RAWs were alright

that's sad

that's what the happy little trees are for

I was like 12-13 then and ECW was god damn magical to me. Didn't see any of the flaws at the time.

When I was 12-13, Warrior was on his rise to the top and I spent more time watching Yo MTV Raps and Rap City than anything.

Mahonay

Banned
that's what the happy little trees are for

When I was 12-13, Warrior was on his rise to the top and I spent more time watching Yo MTV Raps and Rap City than anything.
For me MTV2 was fucking awesome back in 98/99. All of the great music you didn't get on the normal MTV channel by that point.

I also greatly appreciate being a 13 year old boy during the Attitude Era.

It'll be a Monday Night Miracle of Raw is good. UK Raws have been the worst thing ever for nearly 10 years. Good luck to all who attend and watch!

Yep, raw and smackdown both from Manchester.
It better not suck this year, last year from liverpool was one of the worst shows ive ever seen.

And the past two raws have been better than average so it would be really disappointing.

I've had ZERO interest in going to a taping since I sat through this shit show last May:

Main Event:
Damien Sandow dressed as Sherlock Holmes defeated R-Truth (IN 14 FUCKING MINUTES)
Naomi defeated Aksana
Cesaro had an Arm Wrestling Match with Mark Henry
Smackdown:
* Hulk Hogan & Jimmy Hart come to the ring to open the show. Hogan cuts a promo hyping (the already delayed) WWE Network eventually coming to the United Kingdom. (No date given or suggested.)
* Batista b. Dolph Ziggler in a No Disqualification match.
* The Funkadactyls b. Nikki Bella & Eva Marie. Summer Rae was the guest referee and cost Eva the match.
* Bo Dallas makes his debut. He cuts an over-the-top “inspirational” promo in the ring, saying that this is proof that dreams come true, and all the crowd has to do is Bolieve.
* Bo Dallas b. Sin Cara. Bo got the win with a springboard bulldog. After the match, Bo runs around the ring to celebrate his victory. He then gets into the ring and shakes Sin Cara’s hand, telling him to never stop trying.
* The Wyatt Family comes to the ring. Bray Wyatt cuts a promo on John Cena and their match at Payback.
* Sheamus b. Alberto Del Rio. Cesaro was on commentary for the match.
* Vickie Guerrero comes to the ring, but is quickly interrupted by Adam Rose and his Rosebuds. Rose tells her “Don’t be a lemon, be a Rosebud!”
* The Usos w/ John Cena b. Luke Harper & Erick Rowan w/ Bray Wyatt. After the match, The Wyatt Family beat down The Usos and Cena to end the show.

Cena then complained that we'd been quiet all night after the show went off the air. The only good thing was the Neville vs Sami Zayn dark match.

Damn Del Rio lookin' fantastic.

Mmm, you're not wrong lol
You can truly tell that Vince let's his southern mind get in the way of storylines.

Wanted Ken Shamrock to do an incest angle.
Batista molested by his parents.
Kevin Thorne and Arial into incest.
Wanted to do an incest angle with his daughter.

Come the fuck on!

Marvel

could never
You can truly tell that Vince let's his southern mind get in the way of storylines.

Come the fuck on!

0XQZF6h.gif

Mahonay

Banned

Come the fuck on!
...I mean you do know Vince's background of abuse as a kid right?

bjork

Vince just wants to point out that incest as a morally wrong concept is an outdated way of thinking because he made Stephanie, so he owns her and he can do what he wants to her. He's Vince McMahon, dammit

Mahonay

Banned
I still find him a charisma vacuum though, like he's just there. I guess you could say that about a lot of the performers though.
Love his ring work and ring presence. But yeah, personality needs some work.

The fucking Meximerica gimmick isn't helping the matter.
Vince just wants to point out that incest as a morally wrong concept is an outdated way of thinking because he made Stephanie, so he owns her and he can do what he wants to her. He's Vince McMahon, dammit
"I OWNNN you, God damn it. You came from ME. I MADE You."

Seed of his loins, friends, what the Genetic Jackhammer made.

bjork

Seed of his loins, friends, what the Genetic Jackhammer made.

"You see, when I set out to have children, I wanted a son. We had Shane. Shane walked out on us and damn it, he is a disappointment to us all. But I have a new plan to create the Super McMahon. Shane was 50% my DNA and 50% Linda's. So is Stephanie. So if I add my 50% to Stephanie's 50%, that will be 100% Vince McMahon DNA. So help us all, the WWE Universe will have a Super McMahon. What does that mean, WWE Superstars? It means you have a 0% chance. Literally, no chance... in helllllllll."

Then you have some awesome women's wrestler show up, except her character is one of HHH's daughters from the future of 2040, and she's here to stop the creation of the Super McMahon. The Vincinator, if you wheel.

Top Bottom