• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Curry seems determined to make this as close a spossible

LQX

ESPN needs to just show the damn Warriors game. Split screen where the game not slotted is in a bigger window.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
NBA TV is horrible... worst talent of any network anywhere... I mean damn Pac-12 network is better than this...

You know what's funny? I saw people discrediting the Warriors saying "come talk to me when they beat the Heat's win streak ." Oh man this is glorious.

Whoops my bad, they're 24-0.

Curry is exhausted. Should just rest him tomorrow, but of course that won't happen. Every team is trying to end the streak, but the Dubs continuing the streak is probably the best thing for the rest of the league. As long as they remain undefeated, they'll risk injuries and fatigue trying to keep it going. Once they lose, they'll be free to start resting guys more judiciously.

Curry is exhausted. Should just rest him tomorrow, but of course that won't happen. Every team is trying to end the streak, but the Dubs continuing the streak is probably the best thing for the rest of the league. As long as they remain undefeated, they'll risk injuries and fatigue trying to keep it going. Once they lose, they'll be free to start resting guys more judiciously.

I'm honestly really glad they care about this streak. You can win a championship, and most people will forget about it in 10-20 years. But when you make history, people will remember that forever.

I'm honestly really glad they care about this streak. You can win a championship, and most people will forget about it in 10-20 years. But when you make history, people will remember that forever.
You have a point there. There's a champion every year. There's usually only 1 team holding any single record.

Holy shit! Double OT and Draymond and Curry +14 and +15, respectively. Dubs need their starters back.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hahhahahahahahahahahah

HAHAHAHAHHAHA
mjlol.png
mjlol.png
mjlol.png
sabu.png
sabu.png
sabu.png

Champs are the entire reason they play.

The only thing a streak benefits are people making money off the league, and sports media masturbating over it. The only reason the players care is because they're competitive and want to be the best.

Hahhahahahahahahahahah

HAHAHAHAHHAHA
mjlol.png
mjlol.png
mjlol.png
sabu.png
sabu.png
sabu.png

No shit, but a team wins one every year. Its not as special in the long term as setting historical records, and they have a real shot at breaking the 33 game winning streak. That streak is 40 years old and people still bring it up every year or two when a team goes on a streak.

Hahhahahahahahahahahah

HAHAHAHAHHAHA
mjlol.png
mjlol.png
mjlol.png
sabu.png
sabu.png
sabu.png

I see Chezzy's point, but yeah, the greatness of the accomplishment is also contingent on them also winning the chip. People wouldn't keep referring to the 72-10 Bulls as the GOAT team if they didn't win it all that year.

I see Chezzy's point, but yeah, the greatness of the accomplishment is also contingent on them also winning the chip. People wouldn't keep referring to the 72-10 Bulls as the GOAT team if they didn't win it all that year.

Exactly. I'm not saying that you shouldn't give a shit about the championship, im just saying that breaking records like this isn't something that shouldn't be overlooked. For example, i forgot which team but in the NFL a while ago a team was 15-0 and had an opportunity to have a perfect season but they benched all their starters to rest them for the playoffs and they lost. I wasn't a fan of that.

ampere

Streak records are cool, but almost everyone is going to value championships over that.

If you could only choose streak or repeat, what would you pick?

Ask Pats fans if we would take 16-0 or ditch that for a title from 2007

For example, i forgot which team but in the NFL a while ago a team was 15-0 and had an opportunity to have a perfect season but they benched all their starters to rest them for the playoffs and they lost.

that was actually 14-0, by the 2009 Colts

who you may remember better as that team that lost to New Orleans in the Super Bowl

AcridMeat

Banned
No shit, but a team wins one every year. Its not as special in the long term as setting historical records, and they have a real shot at breaking the 33 game winning streak. That streak is 40 years old and people still bring it up every year or two when a team goes on a streak.
I elaborated my point above. It doesn't matter how many games you win if you aren't winning the championship. The Lakers and Heat both won the chip those respective years. Again, that's what the players care about.

Say they win 34 games in a row, win 73 games this season, sweep everybody to the finals and then lose. You think anyone on that team is going to care they have a 34 game win streak? No. They'll remember it fondly as an old ass man but they'll still feel the burn of losing that year.

Streaks like this are great for the league as a whole, but are never a main focus.

I elaborated my point above. It doesn't matter how many games you win if you aren't winning the championship. The Lakers and Heat both won the chip their respective years. Again, that's what the players care about.

Say they win 34 games in a row, win 73 games this season, sweep everybody to the finals and then lose. You think anyone on that team is going to care they have a 34 game win streak? No. They'll remember it fondly as an old ass man but they'll still feel the burn of losing that year.

Again, streaks like this are great for the league as a whole, but are never a main focus.

I'm not saying that they aren't the main focus. I'm saying that breaking huge records is more special in the long run, but not that championships shouldn't be the main priority. Basically im not a fan of intentionally passing on huge historical records by taking a game off and slowing things down to prevent injuries or getting burnt out or something.

AcridMeat

Banned
I think you value a streak way more than anyone else in that case. I get your point, but no one is going to knowingly put their team at risk just to break a streak.

It's not like this team won't already be remembered for the record they broke by almost 10 games now.

I think this is getting over analyzed, I wasn't saying at any point that championships aren't important or anything and I'm not sure why it was interpreted like that. Basically i originally just said im glad that they care about the streak and people like Steph openly talk about it because in the long run they are really special and will be talked about for decades when even most championships wont (at least outside of their home town). Lots of people don't really care about those things. And all the other stuff was basically me specifically stating exactly why i feel that way which is kind of hard to do lol.

AcridMeat

Banned
I understand Chezzy, but in doing so you downplayed winning championships like they are somehow less important or desirable than a win streak record. Which is just ludicrous.

I guess talking about how streaks are more "special" can be interpreted as more important and the main focus, when i kind of meant a difference between the two. Oh well this is going on way too long lol

Top Bottom