• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

hbkdx12

Some of those late game calls were questionable but the dubs had plenty of opportunities to seal the deal so its hard to act like they got screwed out of a win

I also don't know why Kerr pushed all his starters to the brink like that. This is the same guy who puts Varajeo in Game 7 of the NBA finals. Some of his decision making seems weird at times. They were clearly gassed but what do i know.

Fjordson

These last two games have been a definite crash back to earth for the Dubs after a somewhat soft schedule. Hopefully they can stop the slippage and Draymond can keep his fucking feet down.

Fjordson

Is Curry playing like he did last year? I don't follow them enough.
Definitely not as good as last year, but that was an all-time great season. With Durant coming in I figured he'd cool down a bit.

The eye test hasn't been good with him in some of these games, but the numbers are there. Still averaging over 26 ppg on great efficiency (over 66% true shooting).

One thing that's definitely tailed off is his iso game and his off the dribble 3's. His points per isolation is way down and his 3 point percentage when shooting off the dribble is way down as well.

Edit: was Klay really 4-20? Poetic.

Mortemis

Banned
420.....LOL.
g6vIB0f.jpg

Blaze it

Fjordson

Warriors death lineup had a +28 net rating tonight, but only played together for 16 minutes.

Kerr is in a really tough spot with that. It's far and away the best lineup for GS, but not sure you can lean on it the whole season and keep a Draymond healthy.

Lol at McAdoodoo getting crunch time minutes

Kerr takes an L for that

Curry switching on that D likes he's a Kardashian... get your shiet together.

What Dray did wasn't a Flagrant anything but he just can't do that ... end of story. He already has that stigma so he just can't

OldMan

Banned
Clippers exposed the Cavs PG play. They either need to make a deal with Mo, or pull Iverson out of retirement.

Best regards,

OM

I wish the Warriors had the decency to lose in the first OT so I could have gone to sleep earlier

Good game last night. Warriors couldn't hit the ocean with a rock at the end of the game last night.

If you're gonna lose, might as well do it in december.

Is the defense force for draymond out yet on his flagrant and how it's a normal motion and he can't control his body? I love he's finally get called for his shit.

Fjordson

I'd the defense force for draymond out yet on his flagrant and how it's a normal motion and he can't control his body? I love he's finally get called for his shit.
Seeing lots of arguing about it on bball twitter. It's dumb. With the league calling it like it is he has to stop. Period.

Some Warriors fans are arguing that it wasn't intentional, but they're missing the point. Certainly he wasn't thinking "I'm gonna kick James in the face here" as he's getting fouled by two guys in the air, but intention is irrelevant. League office is trying to curb the leg flails when guys are drawing fouls. Intention has nothing to do with it.

Westbrook got tagged for this one two weeks ago:

Again, almost certainly not on purpose, but still a flagrant all the same. Draymond defenders (something I usually am) need to stop arguing about intention.

phanphare

Banned
Seeing lots of arguing about it on bball twitter. It's dumb. With the league calling it like it is he has to stop. Period.

Some Warriors fans are arguing that it wasn't intentional, but they're missing the point. Certainly he wasn't thinking "I'm gonna kick James in the face here" as he's getting fouled by two guys in the air, but intention is irrelevant. League office is trying to curb the leg flails when guys are drawing fouls. Intention has nothing to do with it.

Again, almost certainly not on purpose, but still a flagrant all the same. Draymond defenders (something I usually am) need to stop arguing about intention.

not to mention the flagrant 1/2 distinction accounts for intention. if there was clear intent it would have been ruled a flagrant 1 and he would have been ejected.

Fjordson

not to mention the flagrant 1/2 distinction accounts for intention. if there was clear intent it would have been ruled a flagrant 1 and he would have been ejected.
Yep.

Like people can keep saying he's doing it on accident and the refs will gladly continue to call him for it. And eventually he'll get suspended. Might be better for him to just...not do it?

damn Heat-GAF James Johnson had a game for you guys. Looking at the highlights, the Heat did everything they can to lose the game in finals few minutes/seconds lol

Jarate

Banned
The heat are excellent tankers. You remember 2 years ago they lost a billion games down the stretch so they could keep their top 10 protected pick from the Sixers

In fact, the Mavs are also tanking but doing the Kobe strategy and giving Dirk his farewell tour. Cuban saw what happens to teams who openly tank (Cuban has said he's a fan of Sam Hinkie) and wants to avoid the NBA getting involved with his teams

Also, Noel is coming back soon, so it'll be interesting to see his minutes situation. At this stage he's a much better center then Okafor

Fatalah

Question...when will my boy P. Ewing be given an opportunity to coach? Could he be next in line fof MJ's team, or is Pat doomed to be Herb Williams?

People are thinking of intent wrong, it's not that people are saying he's going in thinking I'm going to kick James harden in the head but he ABSOLUTELY is flailing to make room and scare people away from him. Maybe you can argue nut shots since they're still low on the body but who the fuck is contacting someone's head with their foot when the person is standing? Who high kicks their foot like that to catch a ball? People just want to be ignorant.

OldMan

Banned
3 months into the season I think we haven't seen the best possible product of basketball yet this goes for coaching, playing and refing.!

El Topo

In fact, the Mavs are also tanking but doing the Kobe strategy and giving Dirk his farewell tour. Cuban saw what happens to teams who openly tank (Cuban has said he's a fan of Sam Hinkie) and wants to avoid the NBA getting involved with his teams

I'm not convinced the Mavs are completely deliberately tanking. But hey, if you can't beat the process, might as well copy it.

My annual: Rank NBA teams from favorite to least favorite!

Satan Spawn
30. Boston Celtics

Hate
29. San Antonio Spurs
28. Sacramento Kings
27. Portland Trail Blazers
26. Golden State Warriors

Fuck Mark Cuban
25. Dallas Mavericks

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz
24. Utah Jazz
23. Memphis Grizzlies
22. Miami Heat
21. Orlando Magic
20. Brooklyn Nets

Mostly dull with a great player
19. Indiana Pacers
18. Milwaukee Bucks
17. Washington Wizards
16. New Orleans Pelicans

Enjoyable
15. Cleveland Cavaliers
14. Oklahoma City Thunder
13. Phoenix Suns
12 Detroit Pistons
11. Denver Nuggets

Keep a Close Watch
10. Atlanta Hawks
9. Chicago Bulls
8. New York Knicks
7. Charlotte Hornets

Love to Watch
6. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Philadelphia 76ers
4. Toronto Raptors
3. Minnesota Timberwolves
2. Houston Rockets

BEST TEAM EVER!
1. Los Angeles Lakers

bender

What time is it?
I'm not convinced the Mavs are completely deliberately tanking. But hey, if you can't beat the process, might as well copy it.

They've not been able to recruit players so it is a team that needs to tank. Their FO is also terrible at drafting so it will be interesting to see what they can do with top draft picks.

Fjordson

The way Harden fishes for whistles is vile. But guys somehow continue to reach on him so he has no reason to stop.

I almost threw my TV out the window when Steph did it last night. Harden was just standing still and as soon as Steph started reaching he rose up like he was shooting a jumper.

Give me a break, you have no idea how much of a gap there is between the two categories.

For me it is FUCK THE CLIPS. New money, loud ass obnoxious "fanbase" chirping when they are still the only team at Staples yet to hang a banner. Hanging selfies to cover banners of champions. Sad.

Doc Rivers is their coach, nuff said. They like recycling old busted "Big 3 era" Czzz players onto their roster, the latest being Wheelchair Paul. Lastly, I am still salty over that bullshit cancelled trade that was supposedly vetoed to stop a "large market team" from getting CP3 from the then league owned Charlottes/New Orleans team...and they just gift him to the EXACT SAME FUCKING MARKET.

So yeah, fuck em. With any luck Ballmer will move them to Seattle and I will get to see a Laker road game or two a year without having to drive to Portland.

phanphare

Banned
For me it is FUCK THE CLIPS. New money, loud ass obnoxious "fanbase" chirping when they are still the only team at Staples yet to hang a banner. Hanging selfies to cover banners of champions. Sad.

Doc Rivers is their coach, nuff said. They like recycling old busted "Big 3 era" Czzz players onto their roster, the latest being Wheelchair Paul. Lastly, I am still salty over that bullshit cancelled trade that was supposedly vetoed to stop a "large market team" from getting CP3 from the then league owned Charlottes/New Orleans team...and they just gift him to the EXACT SAME FUCKING MARKET.

So yeah, fuck em. With any luck Ballmer will move them to Seattle and I will get to see a Laker road game or two a year without having to drive to Portland.

obligatory fuck george shinn

My annual: Rank NBA teams from favorite to least favorite!

Satan Spawn
30. Boston Celtics

Hate
29. San Antonio Spurs
28. Sacramento Kings
27. Portland Trail Blazers
26. Golden State Warriors

Fuck Mark Cuban
25. Dallas Mavericks

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz
24. Utah Jazz
23. Memphis Grizzlies