• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Celtics D is a joke this year. From one of the best to one of the worst. That is all..

I don't know wtf happened to AB and Crowder. Ab is playing lazy trying to pad his reb stats, and Crowder looks slow as fuck. Tbh ab hasn't been the superstar defender people make him out to be for a while now, but hes straight garbage this year.

Tom Penny

I don't know wtf happened to AB and Crowder. Ab is playing lazy trying to pad his reb stats, and Crowder looks slow as fuck. Tbh ab hasn't been the superstar defender people make him out to be for a while now, but hes straight garbage this year.

They used to get in motherfuckers and aggravate them. Now they get were ever they want. Rebounding is a talent issue but the defensive effort is trash this year. Also sad to see how bad we are missing Evan Turnover. At least he could get to a spot on the floor.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
They used to get in motherfuckers and aggravate them. Now they get were ever they want. Rebounding is a talent issue but the defensive effort is trash this year. Also sad to see how bad we are missing Evan Turnover. At least he could get to a spot on the floor.

Evan Turner was garbage so i think people overestimate his impact. The issue at this point is defense and thats the long and short of it.

Tom Penny

Evan Turner was garbage so i think people overestimate his impact. The issue at this point is defense and thats the long and short of it.

As much as I really don't like Turner..who other than IT gets near the paint...nobody. Turner could do that or go ISO and take some stupid mid range but at least they got a shot. Is there a team with a worse bench?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
As much as I really don't like Turner..who other than IT gets near the paint...nobody. Turner could do that or go ISO and take some stupid mid range but at least they got a shot. Is there a team with a worse bench?

The warriors. Smart and ko are fine off the bench. Rozier is trash, Zeller doesn't belong in the league, but honestly my issues just aren't with the bench right now. The defense from the starting 5 is atrocious. Perimeter d is embarrassing.

Tom Penny

The warriors. Smart and ko are fine off the bench. Rozier is trash, Zeller doesn't belong in the league, but honestly my issues just aren't with the bench right now. The defense from the starting 5 is atrocious. Perimeter d is embarrassing.

Bench went in and the Kings went on a 12-0 run in a few minutes...they are horrendous with zero offense talent.

shanafan

Watching the clinic Pistons are putting on the Hawks. 58-34 in the 2nd quarter.

Dwight Howard looks like just a body out there running back and forth.

Chris R

Does the Nuggets game tonight start AFTER the previous tv game no matter what? Trying to decide when I leave my hotel room to make it to the arena. Had a not terrible time at the Heat/Nugs game on Wednesday, a very different experience from hockey games to say the least.

OldMan

Banned
If players keep taking and making buckets from the 3 sooner or later at the next bargaining meetings the 4pt line will be brought up.!

Best regards,

OM

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Raps looking good lately.

Been great we've finally started to blow out some teams and get Demar and Kyle some rest.

ViciousDS

Banned
3 straight L's for Cleveland.

Man I slandered the Bulls all summer but they're solid.

It's amazing to watch the chemistry from a team with wade, butler and rondo.......no one even expected to do half this good this season. They've been really fun to watch as a team

TTG

The Wolves are in free fall, 2-8 in their last 10, a lot of those losses to teams that won't make the playoffs.

Raps looking good lately.

Been great we've finally started to blow out some teams and get Demar and Kyle some rest.

It's weird watching the Raps blow a team out. Normally it's the opposite. Norm and Siakam looked great. Cory is back to playing well.

On the Lakers Ingram looks legit and so does Randle. Ingram's movement reminds me of Durant. Like a slinky.

beat

People are thinking of intent wrong, it's not that people are saying he's going in thinking I'm going to kick James harden in the head but he ABSOLUTELY is flailing to make room and scare people away from him. Maybe you can argue nut shots since they're still low on the body but who the fuck is contacting someone's head with their foot when the person is standing? Who high kicks their foot like that to catch a ball? People just want to be ignorant.

Yes, who would kick like that to catch a ball.

4NSYDc9.jpg
Jbeig9S.jpg

The annual "Bulls defeat Lebron's team so maybe they are good". They are not.

I am starting to enjoy the...Rockets.

Houston just swept a pretty nice back to back. To win in Denver after going double OT the night before in Oakland? Damn.

The odds for the Rockets were so fucking good. I shouldnt have chickened out.

OldMan

Banned
1st generation AGE did you witness this type of unprofessionalism from the Bulls championship runs like we are now with the Cavs?

Ric Flair

Banned
I don't think I'd classify the bucks as a dull team. Jabari is doing pretty damn well also, but is overshadowed by how amazing Giannis doing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hawks lack a true superstar and are doomed to .500 status.

Also while the salary cap did go up so role players were virtually guaranteed more cash it's obvious that Dennis was worth the cash while Baze is highly over payed.

You know what is scary about the Raptors? We are missing skinny Sully. He was our projected starting PF.

LET'S GO!

TRUST THE PROCESS WITH MASAI UJIRI !!

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Wow.

We just suck.

Spurs of the East is no more :(

We have a PG that doesn't like to pass and can't make a jumper

We have a C that doesn't bother coming out the paint.

spyder_ur

I used to be a believer, but I'm not sure Okafor will ever be more than a spot rotation big on a good team.

Saric is fun though.

Pascal Siakam is just great, what a pick at the value.

I just want the Raptors to avoid the Knicks in the playoffs. That team is just bizarre, they look like a team that can beat anyone one night then they look like the 76ers the next game. You can't underestimate a former MVP, Scoring Champion and KP.

Bread

Banned

I just want the Raptors to avoid the Knicks in the playoffs. That team is just bizarre, they look like a team that can beat anyone one night then they look like the 76ers the next game. You can't underestimate a former MVP, Scoring Champion and KP.
lol the knicks aren't making the playoffs

spyder_ur

They seem like exactly the type of team you'd want to play in the playoffs IMO, for the reasons you state. They're not consistent and their play isn't sustainable. I'd be happy for the Cs to see them in the first round.

Isaiah is incredible. What was Okafor doing on that last IT drive?

Celts D has to improve. Harden gonna go for 50.

How the fuck ATL start 9-2 then go 1-9

Soft schedule. Other teams got enough tapes to expose them after that.

It's easy. Let Shroder shoot and run the 1-5 PnR. Don't leave Korver open. Let Bazemore shoot.

Easy W.

Edit: We also have the worst starting 5 in the NBA. I think we're the only team with a negative net rating for the starting unit.

Top Bottom